PDA

View Full Version : "Unknown" Comedians

PeaTearGriffin
04-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Who are some of your favorite smaller or unknown comedians? Not people main stream like dane cook.

Two of my favorite would have to be nick swardson, and demetri martin.

Pagan
04-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Jim Norton

d-day
04-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Who are some of your favorite smaller or unknown comedians? Not people main stream like dane cook.

i luv nick swardson - the guy is money

PeaTearGriffin
04-01-2006, 01:19 PM
i luv nick swardson - the guy is money

did he know john stamos?

TheAnswer385
04-01-2006, 01:32 PM
John Basedow - That guy is as goofy as anything

Samphin
04-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Rev. Bob Levy is always funny to me, same with Nick DiPaulo (sp?) On the female side, Lisa Lampanelli can tell a dirty joke with the best of them.

Samphin
04-01-2006, 02:01 PM

:rolleyes: :lol: Watch out, he will crush you to death with his abs of steel!

sabanite
04-01-2006, 02:11 PM

go to my webpage linked in my sig, I do stand up comedy(have been for a few years), and i have a couple clips right there on my page... mute the music video player on the left, then click on the 2 media players on the right ...En:lol: JOY

sabanite
04-01-2006, 02:15 PM
http://media.putfile.com/spanish-channel

http://media.putfile.com/jw-clip

Here are a couple of my comedy clips

The Samurai
04-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Dean Edwards

FinsNCanes
04-01-2006, 03:17 PM

:lol:

Agent51
04-01-2006, 09:23 PM

Man, I remember when NOBODY knew Dane Cook and he didn't have any CDs out and I had to be like "listen to this guy (had some bootlegs from his shows around Boston), he's HILARIOUS" I'm glad he got big because that means more stuff will keep coming, and it just seems to get better, bu sometimes he has the "Rick James" factor, as I like to call it, where EVERYONE seems to recite a Dane Cook line and it gets to the point where you HATE that particular sketch, just like Dave Chappelle's Rick James (although I HATED that from the get-go). I love Dane though, I can listen to his CDs 10 times in a row and TRY not to laugh and I still burst out laughing. I have seen him live like 12 or 13 times and he's great live, even better than on CD because the facial expressions/body language make the jokes 23814728947 times funnier.

HysterikiLL
04-01-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm not sure if you'd call him unknown but I like that guy from Mad TV who always imitates George Bush. His impressions are hilarious.

Perfect23
04-01-2006, 11:56 PM
That one guy who imitated John Madden.

Agent51
04-02-2006, 12:53 AM

:sidelol: , the popcorn popper infomercial rocked.

Pagan
04-02-2006, 12:55 AM
That would be Frank Caliendo.

spydertl79
04-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Is Wanda Sykes unknown? She is hilarious and certainly not as mainstream as Cook, Carlin, or Rock.

King Nate
04-02-2006, 01:29 AM
Does Jim Gaffigan count? I think that guy is hilarious.

Agent51
04-02-2006, 02:29 AM
IDK how "unknown" he is since he has been in a bunch of movies, but Mike Epps is friggin' HILARIOUS. That guy MADE Next Friday, without him that movie would have been complete GARBAGE (unfortunately not even Epps could save the Friday After Next :shakeno: ). He just had a concert, or show, (or whatever you call it when a comedian performs live) out here last week or something like that. I wish I coulda made it cuz he cracks me up.

Roman529
04-02-2006, 02:33 AM
I just saw some old comedy videos of George Carlin from the 1960's that I had never seen before. He cracks me up. I haven't seen too many good "unknown" Comedians but I am sure they are out there. The best comedy show I ever saw was in the 1970's with Paul Paulsen who was always running for President...I laughed my a$$ off. :D

lazareth
04-02-2006, 02:36 AM
..was mitch hedburg considered an "unknown"?

Samphin
04-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Sykes isn't an unknown. Hedberg, in my opinion, was. He seemed to gain more pub in his death than while living which is sad.

Jim Gaffigan is pretty funny.

As far as Dane Cook and Dave Chappelle go. I have loved both for a long time. Chappelle holds a special placein my heart because MANY MANY years ago, a friend of mine and I stumbled across a show he did and he absolutely killed. We followed him ever since and it has been nice to see him over the past 10-12 years just blossom and get the respect he deserves.

Same for Dane Cook. I saw him at a show he did in Aspen and he was just wild. Tearing off his pants and doing racial humor that most white guys won't touch. After I saw that I hunted for his stuff too. It is nice to see him finally get recognition as well. If you go to www.Danecook.com you can watch his standup and various sketches. The animated ones from Comedy Central are a riot.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-02-2006, 01:27 PM
bill hicks.

pigskinguy
04-02-2006, 02:22 PM
John Wing

dolfanattic5
04-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Jay Hickman very funny but dirty comedian

Spray Mucus
04-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Does Jim Gaffigan count? I think that guy is hilarious.

Gaffigan is great! but I think he's starting to go main stream. His bit about him liking movies over books is great!

perosn A "Have you seen this movie?"
person B "Oh yes, I liked the movie but I liked the book a lot better"
person A "Oh yeah, know what I liked about the movie? NO READING! I watched in 90 minutes then I took a nap

Brian Regan always has been and always will be my favorite! dude brings me to tears everytime http://www.brianregan.com/

Coral Reefer
04-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Rodney carrington

Pagan
04-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Bobby Slayton, the "Pit Bull of Comedy". The guy is ruthless.

Rich Vos and Patrice O'Neal are funny as hell also.

ChrisKo
04-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Not sure how unknown these guys are.

Steven Lynch - Just love someone that can do comedy with original songs. I the "What if the guy from Smashing Pumpkins lost his car keys" song.

Pablo Francisco - seen him 4 times and I swear his movie guy voice with the "Little Tortilla Boy" skit gets me every time.

Samphin
04-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Not sure how unknown these guys are.

Steven Lynch - Just love someone that can do comedy with original songs. I the "What if the guy from Smashing Pumpkins lost his car keys" song.

Pablo Francisco - seen him 4 times and I swear his movie guy voice with the "Little Tortilla Boy" skit gets me every time.

Pablo is good. The only problem though is that he does do the same routine forever. I have seen him about four or five times too an devery time he does the little tortilla boy with Arnold and the cotton commercial bit and everything. Always the same. It gets old to me. Darn good impressionist though.