PDA

View Full Version : March Photoshop Competition - FINAL Round Voting

dolphinfan2k5
04-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Congratulations to both contestants for making it this far. For the final round, they had to make a signature and avatar set about any of the teams in the NCAA March Madness Final Four. Please vote for the set you like the most.

Entry 1:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/04/pscompav1lv-1.jpg

Signature:
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Entry 2:

Signature:

ILPhinFan88
04-01-2006, 02:26 PM
The avy for entry #2 is why I voted for #2

Good job for non NCAA basketball fans :D

In_Flames
04-01-2006, 02:36 PM
The avy for entry #2 is why I voted for #2

Good job for non NCAA basketball fans :D

:yeahthat: exactly the same reason I voted for entry #2, the avatar is amazing....great job from both participants...:up:

UCFinfan86
04-01-2006, 03:01 PM
very nice, i voted for 2 but 1 is amazing as well

JoeRobStad4ever
04-01-2006, 04:18 PM
awesome job both entries! I had to go with #1 cause of the sig...and cause <cough> i happen to be a gator alumni, so how could i not!

inFINSible
04-01-2006, 04:29 PM
number one is far superior artistically IMO.

Number two looks like the sig and the avatar aren't even related.

305TillIDie
04-01-2006, 04:58 PM
i voted for #2... but great job by both guys!

Sethworld
04-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Since the challenge was for a set (both avy and sig) I have to vote for 1. The sig for one is better than the sig for 2, but the avy for 2 is better than the avy for one. Since I am split I have to vote for the one that best excutes a theme. I like both entries... the detail on the sig for 2 is very well done and the animation on both is great.

Buddwalk
04-01-2006, 06:48 PM
#1 better sig....#2 amazing avy

I voted for #2

Mindwarp
04-01-2006, 07:02 PM
number one is far superior artistically IMO.

Number two looks like the sig and the avatar aren't even related.

inFINS has caught the correct. Unfortuanly it doesn't seam to be contaigous.

NY_FinFan_72
04-01-2006, 07:29 PM
i voted for #2... but great job by both guys!

:shakeno:

Prime
04-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Pretty good avatar for #2, but I think #1 is better overall.

Dors156
04-01-2006, 10:50 PM
i had to vote for the mason one

inFINSible
04-02-2006, 11:19 AM
well, no matter who wins this....Florida beat the snot out of George Mason in the tourney....:woot:

Dors156
04-02-2006, 12:01 PM
well, no matter who wins this....Florida beat the snot out of George Mason in the tourney....:woot:

:boohoo:

unifiedtheory
04-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Well, since the voting is done I'd like to come to my defense a little bit. First of all, thanks to everyone who voted for me.

Secondly, Yes we were asked to make a avvy/siggy "set" but no where did it say they have to match. I mean, there are very few people on this board that have a matching avvy and siggy so I went with two different designs.

DM's siggy was superior to mine. When I saw her stuff I thought I was dead man walkiing.

My avvy won it for me, plain and simple, although, I do think I had a great idea for my siggy, it just did'nt turn out exactly how I was hoping.

DM is the benchmark for this stuff, being able to win a vote against her is very flattering. The fact I even made it to the Finals was great. If her and I had to do this again I think the voting would be different.

All that being said, I've won December, January and March...not too bad in my opinion. I'm out for April though because my Photoshop ****ed up bigtime today and my disc won't be back in my hands until tonight so I can't do a reinstall until then...:boohoo:

Jt0323
04-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Well, since the voting is done I'd like to come to my defense a little bit. First of all, thanks to everyone who voted for me.

Secondly, Yes we were asked to make a avvy/siggy "set" but no where did it say they have to match. I mean, there are very few people on this board that have a matching avvy and siggy so I went with two different designs.

DM's siggy was superior to mine. When I saw her stuff I thought I was dead man walkiing.

My avvy won it for me, plain and simple, although, I do think I had a great idea for my siggy, it just did'nt turn out exactly how I was hoping.

DM is the benchmark for this stuff, being able to win a vote against her is very flattering. The fact I even made it to the Finals was great. If her and I had to do this again I think the voting would be different.

All that being said, I've won December, January and March...not too bad in my opinion. I'm out for April though because my Photoshop ****ed up bigtime today and my disc won't be back in my hands until tonight so I can't do a reinstall until then...:boohoo:
yep, my Avy and sig dont match either. I also liked your idea with the cinderella, Both of you did great jobs! it its no secret how u 2 made it to the finals

ILPhinFan88
04-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Thats what makes these comps so unpredictable, everybody has thier own tastes. Ive seen entrys win and I was like how did that one win, you never know.

dolphinfan2k5
04-02-2006, 03:50 PM
I liked yours a lot unified. The avatar was amazing of course, but the sig looked like you just made a background from a tutorial, and added some text and a logo. Its not bad, but I know you can do better. I'm guessing that you had some time contraints again, which sucks. I might have voted for yours if it had a border. Borders are becoming a pet peeve of mine.

unifiedtheory
04-02-2006, 04:04 PM
I liked yours a lot unified. The avatar was amazing of course, but the sig looked like you just made a background from a tutorial, and added some text and a logo. Its not bad, but I know you can do better. I'm guessing that you had some time contraints again, which sucks. I might have voted for yours if it had a border. Borders are becoming a pet peeve of mine.

I was terribly constrained with time. I actually spent a TON of time on the siggy and the avvy was done very quickly...bizarre when you think about it...

The background on the siggy was actually just a picture of Cinderella, overlayed on a light blue BG with a few scanlines thrown in, no tutorial needed for something so basic...LOL!

The thing that killed me on my siggy (and the reason it took forever) was the layout. I actually had a lot more on it at one point but it looked too jumbled together.

I'ts weird how these things turn out sometimes...

dolphinfan2k5
04-02-2006, 04:06 PM
I was terribly constrained with time. I actually spent a TON of time on the siggy and the avvy was done very quickly...bizarre when you think about it...

The background on the siggy was actually just a picture of Cinderella, overlayed on a light blue BG with a few scanlines thrown in, no tutorial needed for something so basic...LOL!

The thing that killed me on my siggy (and the reason it took forever) was the layout. I actually had a lot more on it at one point but it looked too jumbled together.

I'ts weird how these things turn out sometimes...
I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes you are just messing around and you get something that looks great in 15 minutes, and other times you spend a couple hours on something and it just won't turn out right.

How's that free trial download comin? You think you're gonna get anything in?

darkmistress
04-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Congrats unified :yes:

And to all those who voted for me:

:hail: you are beautiful
:hail: you are marvelous
:hail: you are fantastic
:hail: you are the bestest

Thank you :yes:

Buddwalk
04-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Congrats unified :yes:

And to all those who voted for me:

:hail: you are beautiful
:hail: you are marvelous
:hail: you are fantastic
:hail: you are the bestest

Thank you :yes:

stop buttkissing :moon:

darkmistress
04-02-2006, 07:30 PM
stop buttkissing :moon:

:refuse: the voting's over, I ain't no sycophant... not yet anyway :foundout:

Sethworld
04-03-2006, 12:16 AM
:refuse: the voting's over, I ain't no sycophant... not yet anyway :foundout:
pulling out the big words now.

darkmistress
04-03-2006, 12:33 AM
pulling out the big words now.

:chuckle: well brown noser has far too much of a visual for my liking

Sethworld
04-03-2006, 12:36 AM
kiss up and suck up work fairly well too.

darkmistress
04-03-2006, 12:39 AM
kiss up and suck up work fairly well too.

suck up would work... kiss up wouldn't... well at least not with the way I phrased it :chuckle:

inFINSible
04-03-2006, 09:33 AM

:
IMO, and IMO only, if they don't match, then it's not a "set".

Sethworld
04-03-2006, 09:54 AM
IMO, and IMO only, if they don't match, then it's not a "set".

As much as I hate to agree with inFIN... I think he is right.

inFINSible
04-03-2006, 11:09 AM
As much as I hate to agree with inFIN... I think he is right.
Ouch .....I didn't know it was so distasteful to share my opinion..:(

ILPhinFan88
04-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Unified's is a Mixed Set :D

Sethworld
04-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Ouch .....I didn't know it was so distasteful to share my opinion..:(

Just teasing