PDA

View Full Version : Which WR Would You want on the Dolphins????

CChambs84
04-01-2006, 06:19 PM
I would prefer Sinorice Moss because of his speed and because hes from the Canes!:D

miami234ever
04-01-2006, 06:20 PM
He's from the Canes?? That is a good reason why we shouldn't want him. Name one player that has came from UM that isn't ghetto?

And your point is?

NickJr.
04-01-2006, 06:21 PM
I like Holmes. He's a real big play guy. he scored 11 TDs last year

PassRush
04-01-2006, 06:21 PM
I dont like the Canes but Moss is electric, he would be a great adition to our team

WelcomeBack
04-01-2006, 06:25 PM
He's from the Canes?? That is a good reason why we shouldn't want him. Name one player that has came from UM that isn't ghetto?

Actually, I saw when he interviewed at the combine and he seemed to have very good grammar and etiquette. I would say Santonio Holmes. Big game WR with great speed. Good down field threat.

n_daubenmire
04-01-2006, 06:30 PM
There is no need to describe any player like that. Keep it respectable!

And your point is?

Well, my point is, I'd rather have no one at WR than some player like TO that brings the entire team down. And it seems that EVERY player out of UM.

NickJr.
04-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Actually, I saw when he interviewed at the combine and he seemed to have very good grammar and etiquette. I would say Santonio Holmes. Big game WR with great speed. Good down field threat.

I agree, he's played well in some big games also. but I'd rather not draft a WR in the 1st

Jimmy James
04-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Give me somebody later in the draft, like perhaps Devin Aromashodu on the second day. He's a quick guy.

WelcomeBack
04-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Give me somebody later in the draft, like perhaps Devin Aromashodu on the second day. He's a quick guy.

He's a good WR. And I think we can also have some projects in Jovon Bouknight and Chris Hannon.

miami234ever
04-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Well, my point is, I'd rather have no one at WR than some ghetto player like TO that brings the entire team down. And it seems that EVERY player out of UM is GHETTO.

So you're saying if a player is ghetto and they make it to the NFL they will ruin a team? And almost EVERY player that comes out of Miami on the first day seems to have a good impact on their teams. Right?

GRYPHONK
04-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Well, my point is, I'd rather have no one at WR than some ghetto player like TO that brings the entire team down. And it seems that EVERY player out of UM is GHETTO.

Lame:shakeno:

WelcomeBack
04-01-2006, 06:36 PM

Ken Dorsey? Vinny Testaverde? Dan Morgan? Reggie Wayne? Santana Moss? Vernon Carey? It seems like those guys are just fine, and I am sure there are PLENTY more, but I just decided to name 6 off of my head. Because you go to a certain school doesn't mean you are ghetto. As I stated, Sinorice really seemed to have very good grammar and etiquette in his interview. He's not 'ghetto'.

miami234ever
Lame:shakeno:

Glad some1 agrees.

Alex44

Yeah Ken Dorsey is so Ghetto man

Frank Gore man he is so Ghetto

And actually from reading your posts do you even know what the term ghetto means when applied to a person?

EDIT- Oh and I chose Chad Jackson

miami234ever
04-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Ken Dorsey? Vinny Testaverde? Dan Morgan? Reggie Wayne? Santana Moss? Vernon Carey? It seems like those guys are just fine, and I am sure there are PLENTY more, but I just decided to name 6 off of my head. Because you go to a certain school doesn't mean you are ghetto. As I stated, Sinorice really seemed to have very good grammar and etiquette in his interview. He's not 'ghetto'.

Make it two that agree.

HysterikiLL
04-01-2006, 06:38 PM
I think the guy was talking more in regard to some of the guys who have come out recently and have disrupted their team re: Players refusing to train in the offseason with their teams, players crashing their motorcycles, players facing 40 years jail time on gun charges...

mdolp1
04-01-2006, 06:38 PM

Name one Cane who is from the getto that is not a stud! :sidelol:

Jimmy James
04-01-2006, 06:40 PM
It's not that every Hurricane is a punk.

It's that it seems like the ones who are punks are the ones who get the most attention. You heard a lot more about Kellen Junior and Sean Taylor than you did Vernon Carey, for instance. This seems to work the same way for FSU if you ask me.

In_Flames
04-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Name one player that has came from UM that isn't ghetto?

damn that Jeremy Shockey is sooooo damn Ghetto...:rolleyes2 :D :wink:

btw I voted for Chad...but Holmes is a close second....

SR 7
04-01-2006, 06:43 PM
we need a breakaway possesion reciever like Jonshon/owens type. I'm not too convinced taht CC can be a possession reciever. seems more like a Go to go 15 yards and out and redzone. i want a sure handed player that can breakaway as well so jackson maybe? or moss.

SR 7
damn that Jeremy Shockey is sooooo damn Ghetto...:rolleyes2 :D :wink:

btw I voted for Chad...but Holmes is a close second....

he is. he is an ignorant ******* that i hate with passion.

Fin Fan in Cali
I know you are all having fun with the "G " word, but let's choose another one before someone gets affended. Thanks!:wink:

XXXSURTAINXXX
04-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Chad Jackson.....Great size and speed and has obviously faced great competition in the ACC.

popularwar
04-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Santonio, I think Chad Jackson is getting a lot of hype resently because of his workouts, which I will admit were very impressive. However, workouts don't tell the whole story, Santonio Holmes played lights out the past two seasons and he comes up big all the time.

In_Flames
04-01-2006, 06:46 PM
he is. he is an ignorant ******* that i hate with passion.

pompous, well yes...ghetto...lol c'mon :lol:

Fin Fan in Cali
04-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Santonio, I think Chad Jackson is getting a lot of hype resently because of his workouts, which I will admit were very impressive. However, workouts don't tell the whole story, Santonio Holmes played lights out the past two seasons and he comes up big all the time.Good point, its game time that really matters.

icephinfan
04-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Chad Jackson would be a good pick up for us.

FinFresh
04-01-2006, 06:57 PM

huh?? who cares if he is Ghetto??? does that mean he cant be a good addition to a team???:confused:

icephinfan
04-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Brock Berlin.......Ghetto.......:sidelol:

Fin Fan in Cali
04-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Punk is the word. There is no other that best describes the attitude of the U's most notorious players.Or lack of talent. That word is not even close to appropriate to describe anyone skills.:wink:

oldfinfan
No more comments about racism or name calling. This is the final warning!

Jimmy James
I know you are all having fun with the "G " word, but let's choose another one before someone gets affended. Thanks!:wink:

Punk is the word. There is no other that best describes the attitude of the U's most notorious players.

Iceband
04-01-2006, 07:00 PM
I like big, possesion like receivers so I chose Chad Jackson!!

Jimmy James
04-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Chad Jackson would be a good pick up for us.

Chad Jackson is going to be yet another in a long line of Gator receiver busts. Just say no.

icephinfan
04-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Chad Jackson is going to be yet another in a long line of Gator receiver busts. Just say no.

I don't care what you say Jackson would be a good fit. He most likely won't be a bust.

LtDan
04-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Holmes because he is a Buckeye and he is fast!

popularwar
04-01-2006, 07:08 PM
I like big, possesion like receivers so I chose Chad Jackson!!
I was under the impression he was more of a deep threat.

Roman529
04-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Chad is the real deal and he makes the other two guys that were mentioned look like smurfs. :D

Fin Fan in Cali
04-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Raise the level of conversation here, don't stoop to a lower level.:wink:

Aquanator B1000
04-01-2006, 07:12 PM

Well, my point is, I'd rather have no one at WR than some player like TO that brings the entire team down. And it seems that EVERY player out of UM.

Yeah Sapp, Portis, and Vilma really bring down their entire team. :rolleyes2

utahphinsfan
04-01-2006, 07:12 PM

Name one player from UM that has had success as a 'phin??

V. Carey may be the one exception.

icephinfan
04-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Chad is the real deal and he makes the other two guys that were mentioned look like smurfs. :D

I agree

popularwar
04-01-2006, 07:14 PM

That has more to do with bad drafting than with UM. I can give you a list at least thirty players long that says UM breeds great NFL players, just because none of those happened to play for the Dolphins doesn't mean anything.

GcOe
04-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Chad Jackson Look At His Size And Speed Thats What We Need

Jimmy James
Didn't Kosar play for the Dolphins?

GcOe
He Also Hasnt Played On A Good Team Like Ur Boy Holmes

cltchperf
04-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Chad Jackson as possesion Wr? I thought possesion Wrs are usually average or slower WRs but are big, that's why they get thoses tough catched in the middle of the field usually, and don't usually go deep or run deep patterns. Chad Jackson would be a deep threat, because he's fast. Chad Johnson isn't a really a possesion receiver. I think a Wr like T.O is not really a deep threat compared to S.Moss or Steve Smith, but not really a possesion WR. T.O can do everything or be used for various things. When I think of a possesion receiver I think of Keyshawn Johnson, or M.Muhammad, or Oronde Gadsden back in the day who are big WRs, but are not going to fly by player anytime soon and we aleady have are possesion WR in Marty Booker.

305TillIDie
04-01-2006, 07:52 PM
chad jackson is a beassssssst

icephinfan
04-01-2006, 07:53 PM
chad jackson is a beassssssst

AGREED!!!

What's up bro?

DearbornDolfan
04-01-2006, 08:18 PM
I like Santonia Holmes. Chad Jackson would be a great addition and its hard to say that one is better than the other definitively, but I voted for Holmes anyway. Part of the problem is that beyond the fact that they make the Road Runner look slow, nobody can really say what role they'd fit into.

vadolfan
04-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Chad Jackson. But would be happy w/Holmes.

Moss only if we trade down.

Metal Panda
04-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Brock Berlin.......Ghetto.......:sidelol:

Nope, just bad!

OurHeartAndSoul
04-01-2006, 08:53 PM
I think if your gonna draft a guy based on big play ability you go after Holmes not Moss. I however voted for Jackson as I think he will be a better compliment to Chambers in a year or two when we no longer have Booker.

SR 7
04-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Yeah Sapp, Portis, and Vilma really bring down their entire team. :rolleyes2

sapp is another ignorant *******. attitude problem and to a degree portis is a rebel like. vilma has been good so far.

phin-fan34MDH
04-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Look y'all we dont need any of those guys. I say we go after a guy in the later rounds, someone like Hass from Oregon State. I saw the guy live and in person and he is good. I am the captain of University of Louisville' Drumline. They came and played us at home. Granted we beat the hell out of them but he had a great game. Guy would be great in the slot. Not that we need a slot receiver because we have Kelly Campbell but hey what do I know?

Pepper2Chambers
04-01-2006, 09:20 PM
1. Chad Jackson
2. Santonio Holmes
3. Sinorice Moss

I chose Chad Jackson. He's got great size,speed,and hands. In 3 years Chad has 1686 yds and 16 tds. If you compare that to Sinorice Moss who has 1106 yds and 9 tds in 4 years there is no reason to say you would want Moss over Chad. Sinorice has great speed but that's about it. Chad Jackson is worthy of the 16th overall pick. My second choice would obviously pick Santonio Holmes. He has the best production out of all of them, but the only thing that I don't like is his size. He's got to gain weight for the NFL otherwise he's not going to go across the middle. In 3 years Holmes has 2295 yds and 25 tds.

wagz
04-01-2006, 09:22 PM

idk dude i heard vinny testaverde is in the crips:goof:

gator_sensation
04-01-2006, 09:29 PM
1. Chad Jackson
2. Santonio Holmes
3. Sinorice Moss

I chose Chad Jackson. He's got great size,speed,and hands. In 3 years Chad has 1686 yds and 16 tds. If you compare that to Sinorice Moss who has 1106 yds and 9 tds in 4 years there is no reason to say you would want Moss over Chad. Sinorice has great speed but that's about it. Chad Jackson is worthy of the 16th overall pick. My second choice would obviously pick Santonio Holmes. He has the best production out of all of them, but the only thing that I don't like is his size. He's got to gain weight for the NFL otherwise he's not going to go across the middle. In 3 years Holmes has 2295 yds and 25 tds.

You can't really go by stats in college for certain positions, WR being one, because the QB's are not that great for most teams and coaches try to give players a lot of playing time that can reduce a players production.

34isback
04-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Moss is a stretch at 16....if we can pick up an extra pick and draft moss late in the first - that's ok

gator_sensation
04-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Chad Jackson.....Great size and speed and has obviously faced great competition in the ACC.

The Florida Gators play in the SEC not the ACC. The Florida State Seminoles play in the ACC.

:D GO GATORS:D

Shula1
04-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Chad Jackson....

1. Chambers
2. Booker
3. Jackson

Throw in McMike and Ronnie...Daunte will light it up.

J dog
04-01-2006, 09:51 PM
jackson would be the best for the phins

R&RExpress
04-01-2006, 10:22 PM
definetly sinorice he has that shiftyness tha we so desperetly need in our pass game i like him.

Vegas dolfan
04-01-2006, 10:28 PM
I like holmes, he was awesome at Ohio State (go bucks) but I think we need a LB or take the bucks center for first pick in stead of a WR.

Ricky's Pipe
04-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Sinorice.....we have a good possession receiver in booker, we dont have a speedster

also, you have to take into account punt return potential.

MadLib
04-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Santonio Holmes would be my pick. Other than his size, he doesnt really have a weakness in his game. He blocks well, is a deep threat, has great hands, plays bigger than his size (much like Chris Chambers), and most of all he's an absolute playmaker. A lot of people on this board like Chad Jackson because they believe him to be a big physical reciever who can compliment CC when in reality hes lacking in the strength department and isnt as physical as you would like for someone with his frame. Ive never really been blown away with CJ so i'd have to place him second behind Santonio who im confident has more to offer. I have a feeling Nick might be wanting to upgrade our return game also and Holmes can certainly provide that as well.

Dmancari23
04-01-2006, 10:46 PM
If you said anything other than Chad Jackson in this post you're off your rocker. Holmes is overrated, Moss may be decent but I don't know, Chad Jackson is a consistent talent that is undeniable. I take Chad Jackson in a landslide.

Fresh
04-01-2006, 10:46 PM

Just what exactly is wrong with being ghetto? Is there a problem with that? I wish you would try spending a week in the ghetto going around making comments like that..my condolences go out to your family

But, ignoring the lame and getting back on topic, I'd like a change of pace type of receiver. One that can bring speed and quickness to the table and can exploit defenses with his explosive abilities to compliment Chambers & Booker. Santonio Holmes fits the bill, but I like Sinorice Moss equally because he'd be a great returner as well. I think Chad Jackson will be the best receiver of the three, and he'd give us flexibility in the future if we need to get rid of Booker.

Picture it like this:

Chambers = all-around, superstar, go-to receiver
Booker = possession guy
Moss/Holmes would bring that #3 WR/explosiveness to the table. Holmes I could really see as the #2 WR by 2007.

Dors156
04-01-2006, 10:47 PM
i dont understande why we would take holmes instead of jackson.jackson is just as fast and is a better and bigger target.has great hands.i hope we get him

Jimmy James
04-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Just what exactly is wrong with being ghetto? Is there a problem with that? I wish you would try spending a week in the ghetto going around making comments like that..my condolences go out to your family

Let me make this suggestion: the mods have asked us to move on from this aspect of the discussion here. Anybody who wants to talk about the ghetto seriously is welcome to join us down in the Political/War Forum. That's where such talk belongs.

SGPRULES
04-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Sinorice.....we have a good possession receiver in booker, we dont have a speedster

Nothing else to say...

MadLib
04-01-2006, 11:00 PM
If you said anything other than Chad Jackson in this post you're off your rocker. Holmes is overrated, Moss may be decent but I don't know, Chad Jackson is a consistent talent that is undeniable. I take Chad Jackson in a landslide.
Oh please, if anything Jackson is MUCH more overrated especially on this board. He averaged 10.2 yards per reception with a very respectable QB prospect throwing him the ball and people want to call this guy a big play threat. I watched a couple big games this past season where Jackson was completely shut down (vs. LSU and Georgia). I think he had less than 30 yards in both games. And how can you call him a 'consistent talent' when before this past season he was viewed as a major dissapointment racking up a whopping 29 catches in 12 games in a passing offense. People seem to blame Urban Meyers system when you bring up his low yards per catch but its obvious that he benefited from it overall going from (29 to 88 receptions in the span of one season). Look, I like Chad Jackson and I wouldnt be incredibly dissapointed if we drafted him but you talk about him like he's elite when he's clearly not. Santonio is far from overrated in my opinion. Before last season, all anyone could talk about was Teddy Ginn as the best reciever in the country and Santonio outplayed him all year. He brings more to the table, you would agree if you followed him more.

EndZone13
04-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Didn't Kosar play for the Dolphins?

Bernie Kosar. Had the ugliest throwing motion ever. You know what he did with it? He won the Qb challenge at Disney by throwing every pass thru the center of the tire. No one else, Elway Marino, Montana could accomplish that.
He also could read defenses with the best of them and refused to watch football on TV. He said that they only showed the offense on gameday on TV and he wanted to see the defense.
Great QB from the U of M.
PS: he also couldn't run very fast. But when he did, he completed passes at a very high completion rate.
I always wondered why he never became a head coach. Super smart player! From the Canes!

:dolphins:

InSabanWeTrust1
04-02-2006, 01:56 AM
Santonio Holmes is a deep threat!! chad jackson is a possession receiver even though he has great speed. i know that sounds weird but its true. if you wan that barnburner to beat the cb and make a one handed grab in the endzone its holmes. Jackson is too similar to Chambers style of play that it would be like the knicks having marbury and francis. Sinorice Moss would fit too but its too early to draft him 1st and he wont fall to 3rd so hes out of the question. You draft Holmes who will run the fly with chambers running a post underneath him. the safety chooses one to help cover most likely the long ball to holmes and chambers gets hit on the post breaks a tackle and has a 35 yard gain just like that. Holmes will help spread the defense and make the safeties respect the pass even more with just chambers as an option getting double teamed every play. DRAFT HOLMES.

Van-Island Fins
04-02-2006, 02:19 AM
I prefer Sinorice because I am ignorant and do not know those other guys.:o

Aquanator B1000
04-02-2006, 02:39 AM
sapp is another ignorant *******. attitude problem and to a degree portis is a rebel like. vilma has been good so far.

Sapp put up a lot of good numbers and won a superbowl, I consider that a success.

cltchperf
04-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Santonio Holmes is a deep threat!! chad jackson is a possession receiver even though he has great speed. i know that sounds weird but its true. if you wan that barnburner to beat the cb and make a one handed grab in the endzone its holmes. Jackson is too similar to Chambers style of play that it would be like the knicks having marbury and francis. Sinorice Moss would fit too but its too early to draft him 1st and he wont fall to 3rd so hes out of the question. You draft Holmes who will run the fly with chambers running a post underneath him. the safety chooses one to help cover most likely the long ball to holmes and chambers gets hit on the post breaks a tackle and has a 35 yard gain just like that. Holmes will help spread the defense and make the safeties respect the pass even more with just chambers as an option getting double teamed every play. DRAFT HOLMES.

Chambers is a deep threat and is Miami's deep threat. Style of play? Just like Linehan said, Chambers is a multi-dimensional WR. He has and can play the deep patterns for a bomb, but also go underneath and catch a pass and then break it 50 yards down the field.

dlockz
04-02-2006, 05:17 AM

Its bad when the most successful Hurricane we have ever drafted, is a guy that has far from lived up to his draft position like Vernon Carey. Its true though. I hate Moss in the first round but as a third rounder I would be ok.

dlockz
04-02-2006, 05:18 AM

Chambers is among the fastest receivers in the NFL I would call that a speedster.

jlfin
04-02-2006, 07:37 AM
I would prefer Sinorice Moss because of his speed and because hes from the Canes!:D

No thanks. He reminds me of Randall (thrill) Hill. He's not been as productive as his brother was.
I would take him in the late 2nd or 3rd rd but not sooner.

Montella
04-02-2006, 08:30 AM
i think santonio holmes is the best all around wr in the draft, and i would like to see us pick him and get daunte culpepper another dangerous target, but i also like chad jackson, so when we pick one of them i would be happy...

Motion
04-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Looks like a landslide to me. :D