see a reply by TotoreMexico .....obviously from Mexico. I would love to see

some Fins fans from New York!!

Gonzo
04-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Just curious to see where some of you are located. It was a nice surprise to

Here ya go: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=103863

You should add yourself to it. The more the better! Just a warning though, Florida is pretty cluttered (obviously).

Roman529
04-01-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm in God's Country....Colorado. :tongue:

FLOUNDER
04-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Bluefield, west virginia

about as south as you can get in WV. I can be in VA. in 20 seconds from my house..

Nice little town. Highest elevation east of the rockies

Agent51
04-01-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm in Kanehoe, on the island of Oahu in Hawai'i. It's about 30 minutes from Honolulu on the east side of the island. In May I will be going back to Ventura, California (right above LA) til late October. I spend half the year here and half in SoCal. I was BORN in Newport, Rhode Island

CalDolFan1014
04-01-2006, 09:24 PM
The lovely parched desert of Southern California! :D More specifically, the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs, Palm Desert, La Quinta, Indio, etc.) Average highs in Dec-Febuary: High 60s/Low 70s. Average highs in Jun-August: 110+. :whew: Yet, Riverside County (our county) is the second fastest growing county in the nation! Golf is good here (especially in the winter) if you're a big fan of that.

Agent51
04-01-2006, 09:30 PM
The lovely parched desert of Southern California! :D More specifically, the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs, Palm Desert, La Quinta, Indio, etc.) Average highs in Dec-Febuary: High 60s/Low 70s. Average highs in Jun-August: 110+. :whew: Yet, Riverside County (our county) is the second fastest growing county in the nation! Golf is good here (especially in the winter) if you're a big fan of that.

Gol is pretty damn good out here in Hawai'i too. I'm not a big fan, but I'll play ocasionally with the owner of the club I bartend at. I like to just hit the ball as hard as I possibly can everytime, so teeing off is my favorite part, lol. In fact, I'd personally rather just stay at the driving range the whole time, but I don't really argue when my boss who makes like 20 million a year from all his clubs is asking me to play a round, lol, good chance to shoot the **** and learn "insider" stuff to advance in the business.

The weather is pretty good too. In winter (November to April) it's 60s-high 70s (on average) and summer is 70s-high 80s (on average). Apparently Hawai'i doesn't count spring and fall as seasons, lol.

OrlandoFinsFan
04-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the link Gonzo. I just added myself to the list. Very cool to see some of these places!!! How many games can you see from so far away?

Rocky Raccoon
04-01-2006, 09:49 PM
good ol' New Jersey :wink:

Gonzo
04-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the link Gonzo. I just added myself to the list. Very cool to see some of these places!!! How many games can you see from so far away?
I try to catch games in San Diego and Denver occasionally, but not many. I was at the SD game that got moved here. I will be seeing a lot more though when I move to Toronto (Buffalo, NYJ, NYG, Detroit-maybe for Thanksgiving!) next year. Once I get out of the brokehouse known as college I will start making trips to Miami as often as possible. :yes:

Edit: Also, no problem with the link. That thing is pretty sweet. Did you zoom out to the world view? Fans all over the place!

Agent51
04-01-2006, 09:58 PM
good ol' New Jersey :wink:

What part of Jersey? There is actually some good surf there. They year I graduated (2002) my friends and I took a surf trip at the end of the summer before everyone moved away for college and stuff. We started in Rhode Island (where I was born and lived til I graduated) and went all the way to the Florida keys. We spent a good chunk of time in Jersey though. Belmar, Asbury Park, Point Pleasant, and Atlantic City where all pretty good, but then we went to this place near Atlantic City, I forgot the name but you go over this bridge to get there and it's just a long skinny island, almost like a barrier island. There was a town on it called Surf City which was like the coolest thing I have ever seen, lol. There was AWESOME surf there. We eneded up staying there for two days because it was so good. Then a month after we left I read on www.surfline.com (http://www.surfline.com) that some kid was attacked by a Great White shark there, lol.

ih8brady
04-01-2006, 10:00 PM
what is my twenty??? :confused:

Rocky Raccoon
04-01-2006, 10:00 PM
What part of Jersey? There is actually some good surf there. They year I graduated (2002) my friends and I took a surf trip at the end of the summer before everyone moved away for college and stuff. We started in Rhode Island (where I was born and lived til I graduated) and went all the way to the Florida keys. We spent a good chunk of time in Jersey though. Belmar, Asbury Park, Point Pleasant, and Atlantic City where all pretty good, but then we went to this place near Atlantic City, I forgot the name but you go over this bridge to get there and it's just a long skinny island, almost like a barrier island. There was a town on it called Surf City which was like the coolest thing I have ever seen, lol. There was AWESOME surf there. We eneded up staying there for two days because it was so good. Then a month after we left I read on www.surfline.com (http://www.surfline.com) that some kid was attacked by a Great White shark there, lol.

Im actually moving to Point Pleasent come January...house right on the beach

party for everyone at my place :yes:

J dog
04-01-2006, 10:01 PM
coral springs

Agent51
04-01-2006, 10:06 PM

Dude I'm there, haha. I go to RI quite often to visit my family and I usually stay for a month of so at the end of the summer (august/september-ish) because that is when hurricane season is at it's best and the surf is like world-class on the east coast. Jersey is only like a 4hr drive from RI, so throw a rager when I'm visiting RI and I'll shoot down there, haha. Party with fellow Phin fans and surfing, pretty sweet deal.

OrlandoFinsFan
04-01-2006, 10:07 PM
what is my twenty??? :confused:

Radio code for "What is your location?"

Rocky Raccoon
04-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Dude I'm there, haha. I go to RI quite often to visit my family and I usually stay for a month of so at the end of the summer (august/september-ish) because that is when hurricane season is at it's best and the surf is like world-class on the east coast. Jersey is only like a 4hr drive from RI, so throw a rager when I'm visiting RI and I'll shoot down there, haha. Party with fellow Phin fans and surfing, pretty sweet deal.

aweosme :up:

never surfed before...you're gonna have to teach me :D

OrlandoFinsFan
04-01-2006, 10:13 PM
coral springs

Cool. That's close to my old stompin' grounds. I went to Coconut Creek High.

Agent51
04-01-2006, 10:18 PM
aweosme :up:

never surfed before...you're gonna have to teach me :D

Definately, I love teachin people, it's the best sport ever. I've even got a board I can give ya so you don't gotta spend like $500+ on one, lol. I am sponsored so I get tons of clothes/boards for free, I give more crap away than I keep, haha.

Rocky Raccoon
04-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Definately, I love teachin people, it's the best sport ever. I've even got a board I can give ya so you don't gotta spend like $500+ on one, lol. I am sponsored so I get tons of clothes/boards for free, I give more crap away than I keep, haha.

:eek: if you're sponsored, you must be good :chuckle:

sounds like fun, a friend of mine went surfing for the first time last summer and he said it was a blast.

dolfan72734me
04-01-2006, 10:32 PM
So you can give me lessons if I move to the islands when I finish college then? I am a Geology major, and I am thinking there should be a few jobs there, considering the volcanology going on there.

Agent51
04-01-2006, 10:41 PM
:eek: if you're sponsored, you must be good :chuckle:

sounds like fun, a friend of mine went surfing for the first time last summer and he said it was a blast.

Well, I've been surfing since I was 4 years old, so I can hold my own, lol. There are different levels of being sponsored though, lol. I'm no Kelly slater that makes millions surfing, but I'm also above the "local shop" sponsor where you get some free stickers and like 2 free shirts a month, lol. I get a certain number of free boards a year (I WISH I was on a touring pro's level cuz they get INSANE amounts of boards) and I get free sunglasses and clothing. I am a "free surfer" meaning I get paid to do photoshoots and video parts (hence me traveling to all sorts of places to surf all the time, most of that isn't on MY dime, it's on my sponsor's dime), sometimes I'll do contests but I'm not a "contest surfer". If I was I would get paid to compete in contests and be required to be in a certain amount a year and get certain results etc etc. Sometimes my sponsors will push for me to attend certain high profile contests but I am not required to tour full time. And when I say contests and tour I don't mean the pro tour (the WCT; World Championship Tour), lol, that is for the top 44 surfers in the world and is crazy hard to make, I mean the WQS (world Qualifying Series), which is MUCH easier to qualify for and is like the minor leagues of professional surfing. They have many more events and the places they go aren't as high quality and the WCT stops. So anyway, back to the original point, between my house here, my house in Cali, and back in RI I have close to 100 boards (that I've accumulated over the years), I could definatelt spare one for ya, haha.

Agent51
04-01-2006, 10:51 PM
So you can give me lessons if I move to the islands when I finish college then? I am a Geology major, and I am thinking there should be a few jobs there, considering the volcanology going on there.

I could definately teach ya, just one problem. The only ACTIVE Volcano is on the big Island, which is the first in the chain, I am on Oahu, which is the 2nd to last island in the chain (not counting the tiny "Forbidden" island). So I'd be glad to teach ya, you (or I) would just be island hopin' for it to happen, lol.

Perfect23
04-01-2006, 10:55 PM

I used to go there all the time when I lived in jersey.

lazareth
04-01-2006, 11:02 PM

wow..your place must be freakin' HUGE! :eek:

just kidding, rocky :lol::wink:

Rocky Raccoon
04-01-2006, 11:13 PM
wow..your place must be freakin' HUGE! :eek:

just kidding, rocky :lol::wink:

:chuckle:

just as long as most of the party remains on the beach

Roman529
04-01-2006, 11:16 PM

Ever been to Amboy in the Mojave Desert?

CalDolFan1014
04-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Ever been to Amboy in the Mojave Desert?

I passed thru there once a few years back during a trip to Vegas. There's only like 50 people there. Nearest cities are Barstow, Victorville, and 29 Parlms and they're all over an hour away. It's mainly a "gas up and stretch your legs" sorta place in the middle of nowhere. I think there's a R&R crossing and a couple of gas stations but that's pretty much it.

Gonzo
04-01-2006, 11:32 PM

I lived in La Quinta for a while. It exploded in the mid eighties to early nineties. Now I can hardly tell the difference between it and the rest of the cities driving into LA. Love the area though.

Roman529
04-01-2006, 11:36 PM
I passed thru there once a few years back during a trip to Vegas. There's only like 50 people there. Nearest cities are Barstow, Victorville, and 29 Parlms and they're all over an hour away. It's mainly a "gas up and stretch your legs" sorta place in the middle of nowhere. I think there's a R&R crossing and a couple of gas stations but that's pretty much it.

Yeah there is hardly anybody or anything in Amboy...I was there when it was around 115 degrees out, I have been to 29 Palms, Barstow and Victorville. I also stayed at a nice hotel in Desert Hot Springs. I love the desert, Vegas, Phoenix.....but I like the quiet small towns and out of the way places best. :tongue:

King Nate
04-02-2006, 01:13 AM
Just curious to see where some of you are located. It was a nice surprise to

I'm right where you are man! Good ol' Orlando, Florida going to school at UCF. :cooldude:

GreenMonster
04-02-2006, 01:25 AM
3 letters

ATL

CalDolFan1014
04-02-2006, 02:33 AM
I lived in La Quinta for a while. It exploded in the mid eighties to early nineties. Now I can hardly tell the difference between it and the rest of the cities driving into LA. Love the area though.

Indio's across the street from where I live. I'm on the border of those two cities (Jefferson St.) You want to talk about explosion....in about 10 years they're predicting both Indio (66K) and LQ (35K) will double in population! :eek: We already have enough enough trouble with traffic down here.

Why'd you move to the other side of the desert SW? I don't blame you, though. At least you've got Phoenix next door. It's pretty damn boring here.

OrlandoFinsFan
04-02-2006, 02:40 AM
Hey King Nate. I'll bet you are glad to see UCF alum Daunte onboard!! Go Knights...Go Dolphins!!!

King Nate
04-02-2006, 02:43 AM
Hey King Nate. I'll bet you are glad to see UCF alum Daunte onboard!! Go Knights...Go Dolphins!!!

You're darn right about that man! :cheer2:

Gonzo
04-02-2006, 02:52 AM
Indio's across the street from where I live. I'm on the border of those two cities (Jefferson St.) You want to talk about explosion....in about 10 years they're predicting both Indio (66K) and LQ (35K) will double in population! :eek: We already have enough enough trouble with traffic down here.

Why'd you move to the other side of the desert SW? I don't blame you, though. At least you've got Phoenix next door. It's pretty damn boring here.

I am originally from here. My dad was in construction and had a couple of jobs in La Quinta (the Vons and another big shopping center). I wasn't there for very long before moving here.

FinFan72
04-02-2006, 11:07 AM
good ol florida:wink: