PDA

View Full Version : Your Best Friends

dQbell
04-03-2006, 01:43 AM
I actually started thinking of this after spending more and more time in the lounge and seeing how many people I relate to etc.

Growing up, I had a great group of friends. There was about 5 of us that did everything together. We were close. I actually compare the group to the group of friends in the great movie Stand by Me. Anyway, when I went away to college, I remember thinking, I'll never have friends like that again. In college I had a few good friends. We had some good times, but I don't think I've ever had such close friends as I did when I was growing up.

Now I'm 800 miles from my hometown so i don't get to see those guys much anymore. I was jsut wondering if any of you guys had similiar friends or still do to this day.

Blitz
04-03-2006, 01:46 AM
Sounds a lot like my story. I think it's fairly typical for things to turn out like they do in Stand By Me and American Graffiti, for example. I certainly relate to Curt and Gordie whenever I watch those two films...

GRAPEAPE
04-03-2006, 10:42 AM
When I moved from Northern to soutern Indiana, I knew only my wife when I got here. I have made a few friends in the last five years, but they can't replace My "real" friends. I see them everytime I go back home.

Motion
04-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Still real close with my two best friends from HS.

mor911
04-03-2006, 11:40 AM
The Mor grew up with 4 really close friends. There was The Mor (obviously), The Mor's little brother (1 year younger), TheStern, Joe, and Fat Boy Brian. We were a group, and we did everything together.

In 1998 The Mor joined the military. TheStern also moved out of Carol City to persue other things. Fat Boy Brian struck it semi-rich with a law suit. Joe and The Mor's brother stayed in the hood.

In 1999 the crew lost it's first member. In January or 1999 the streets of Carol City took The Mor's little brother's life. He was shot in head over a woman. :boohoo: Saddest day of Mor's life.

Fat Boy Brian kinda' disappeared with his $400K+ that he won from a law suit. We couldn't blame him. We grew up in some really crappy parts. His mom was killed in a car accident because the seat belt malfunctioned. We can't fault him for enjoying his money, but he never worked... And splurged like it'd never end. Now it's all almost gone and he has nothing to show for it. We don't hang out anymore.

TheStern pretty much disappeared off the face of the planet.

In 2002, disaster struck the crew again. Joe got all drunk in Miami beach and went warf diving at 5 am. He dove head first into a submerged rock and shattered the upper part of his spine. He now has no movement below his neck. In November of 2005 The Mor and Joe hung out. He told me that he hated me for being able to walk. He told me that if I weren't doing my "The Mor" thing maybe the crew would still be together. He spit in my face (literally) and told me that I wasn't there for him. Joe also no longer talks to Mor. And just to set the records straight, I have changed this guy, bathed this guy, taken him to clubs, and gave him a goddamn catheter... But whatever.

In 2003 The Mor finally seperated from the service. TheStern and The Mor hasn't spoken in the better part of 5 years. I decided to look for him. When the Mor and TheStern met up, it was like old times again. Of the crew of 5, The Mor and TheStern are the only ones still rolling together. My buddy till the end.

2005 and beyond -- Add d-day, 1font to the Mor's roster of buddies, and we're in the game.

EDIT -- Ooops, Midwarp and Havelock too :D

Mindwarp
04-03-2006, 11:54 AM
The Mor grew up with 4 really close friends. There was The Mor (obviously), The Mor's little brother (1 year younger), TheStern, Joe, and Fat Boy Brian. We were a group, and we did everything together.

In 1998 The Mor joined the military. TheStern also moved out of Carol City to persue other things. Fat Boy Brian struck it semi-rich with a law suit. Joe and The Mor's brother stayed in the hood.

In 1999 the crew lost it's first member. In January or 1999 the streets of Carol City took The Mor's little brother's life. He was shot in head over a woman. :boohoo: Saddest day of Mor's life.

Fat Boy Brian kinda' disappeared with his $400K+ that he won from a law suit. We couldn't blame him. We grew up in some really crappy parts. His mom was killed in a car accident because the seat belt malfunctioned. We can't fault him for enjoying his money, but he never worked... And splurged like it'd never end. Now it's all almost gone and he has nothing to show for it. We don't hang out anymore.

In 2002, disaster struck the crew again. Joe got all drunk in Miami beach and went warf diving at 5 am. He dove head first into a submerged rock and shattered the upper part of his spine. He now has no movement below his neck. In November of 2005 The Mor and Joe hung out. He told me that he hated me for being able to walk. He told me that if I weren't doing my "The Mor" thing maybe the crew would still be together. He spit in my face (literally) and told me that I wasn't there for him. Joe also no longer talks to Mor. And just to set the records straight, I have changed this guy, bathed this guy, taken him to clubs, and gave him a goddamn catheter... But whatever.

In 2003 The Mor finally seperated from the service. TheStern and The Mor hasn't spoken in the better part of 5 years. I decided to look for him. When the Mor and TheStern met up, it was like old times again. Of the crew of 5, The Mor and TheStern are the only ones still rolling together. My buddy till the end.

2005 and beyond -- Add d-day, 1font to the Mor's roster of buddies, and we're in the game.

:boohoo: dam... The Mor looks like you had rought ime with your friends... not like the rest of FH cared for you they voted you out of the March Maddness

UltraDol-Fan
04-03-2006, 12:02 PM
mor, that is one of the saddest things I have ever read.

305TillIDie
04-03-2006, 12:06 PM

EDIT -- Ooops, Midwarp and Havelock too :D

yeah.. i was born and rasied in overtown.... but carol city is where my uncle stay at.. right by carol city high

WharfRat
04-03-2006, 12:19 PM
It was me, Dominic, Tommy, Chris (Klondike), and Robbie living in the Poconos.
Robbie ended up driving off a cliff while drunk shortly after graduation.
Dominic went off the deep end on Meth, ended up slitting a guys throat because he hit on a younger chick.... he's in the State Pen for life.
Klondike lives in Wilkes-Barre and worked in a factory last I heard... haven't seen or talked to him for several years.
Tommy decided to come out to Ohio when I was out there in college, he stayed with me for about 6 months, then split.... haven't heard from him since. That was about 20 years ago.

Roman529
04-03-2006, 01:39 PM
It seems that often after high school or college you get so busy with work and stuff that you end up losing touch with your real friends. They are too busy working or raising kids or whatever. :rolleyes2 You guys are my only real friends. :boohoo: NOOO not really....I have a few close friends...most of them women, but I have some guys I still golf and play poker with, and about 20 Dolphin's fans here in my hometown, but it seems the older you get the fewer really close buddies you have. :(

FinFan72
04-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah i had one of those type of friends unfortunately he moved to alabama about 9 years ago
but whats weird is he just moved back and we have nothing in common

btw he now has 6 kids:eek:

Motion
04-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Wow, some rough stories in here.

WharfRat
04-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Yeah i had one of those type of friends unfortunately he moved to alabama about 9 years ago
but whats weird is he just moved back and we have nothing in common

btw he now has 6 kids:eek:

6 kids in 9 years?

He's been busy... :lol:

byroan
04-03-2006, 01:49 PM
I don't have any friends left from high school and I've only been done for 2 years. I've got more friends on here then I do in person. :lol:

I've got my girl and that's all I need. :wink:

FinFan72
04-03-2006, 02:36 PM
I don't have any friends left from high school and I've only been done for 2 years. I've got more friends on here then I do in person. :lol:

I've got my girl and that's all I need. :wink:

Same her Bro
cept i do still have one friend left from high school but that cause she works with me

FinsNCanes
04-03-2006, 05:09 PM
I actually started thinking of this after spending more and more time in the lounge and seeing how many people I relate to etc.

Growing up, I had a great group of friends. There was about 5 of us that did everything together. We were close. I actually compare the group to the group of friends in the great movie Stand by Me. Anyway, when I went away to college, I remember thinking, I'll never have friends like that again. In college I had a few good friends. We had some good times, but I don't think I've ever had such close friends as I did when I was growing up.

Now I'm 800 miles from my hometown so i don't get to see those guys much anymore. I was jsut wondering if any of you guys had similiar friends or still do to this day.

I only had 2 really close friends. One of them I grew up with since pre-school and the other since middleschool. Although the one friend from pre-school we didn't hang out to much in highschool..we both changed a lot. We all still hang out though nowadays all the time.

miamikid92
04-03-2006, 05:17 PM
jeez, i hope these kind of things don't happen to my friends!

Agent51
04-03-2006, 05:26 PM

Dude, I hear ya man. I had 4 SUPER close friends growing up. After high school they all went on to play football at University of Rhode Island and, instead of doing the same, I moved to Hawai'i, lol. That's about as far as you can get. Luckily one of them has a dad that is stationed out here (he like RUNS the Pacific Fleet, which is a fleet made up of ALL branches of military and stationed out here) and we visisted his dad every summer during high school, so when I decided to move out here he moved to. We lived with his dad for awhile then moved into our own place. Now the only time I'm away from him is when I spend 5 or 6 months in Cali, but he's usually out there for 2 or 3 of em with me, so that was cool, I've known him since first grade. We were definately the closest out of our group, even though the whole group was pretty tight.

spydertl79
04-03-2006, 06:26 PM
This is a depressing thread, I graduate from high school in a month and me and my friends are all going our separate ways. I wonder where we will all be in 10 years.

Agent51
04-03-2006, 07:18 PM
This is a depressing thread, I graduate from high school in a month and me and my friends are all going our separate ways. I wonder where we will all be in 10 years.

The thing with that, from my own experience anyway, is that the summer right after you graduate is kinda lame. You think it'll be this HUGE party summer because everyone is leaving and you are done with high school and all that, but it wasn't. It was like everyone was partied out and there weren't many parties that summer, then suddenly everyone (including myself) was gone. However, all the summers since have been AWESOME for parties. Everyone usually goes home for the summer, in my case it's about a month or so, and there are CRAZY parties. I guess everyone just kinda needed a little break after partying and being with the SAME people for 12 years of school, but then the 1st summer back it was like old times again, if not better because everyone hasn't seen each other in like a year.

Jimi
04-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Wow you guys are depressing me lol, im still in high school and i dont want to think of losing my friends. I really have 2 groups of my best friends. Theres my fellow sophmore group and then my junior/senior group where im pretty much the only soph who chills wit them.

Its already gonna be sad when the senior group of them move on, but atleast ill be goin to some college parties wit em!

Agent51
04-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Wow you guys are depressing me lol, im still in high school and i dont want to think of losing my friends. I really have 2 groups of my best friends. Theres my fellow sophmore group and then my junior/senior group where im pretty much the only soph who chills wit them.

Its already gonna be sad when the senior group of them move on, but atleast ill be goin to some college parties wit em!

Let's just say you find out who TRUE friends are once you graduate. I was friends with everyone in high school, could even be considered "popular" since I was an all star football/baseball/hockey player and friends with everyone, btu after high school I kept in touch with MAYBE 6 people on a regular basis. I am still close with those 6 people to this day

dQbell
04-03-2006, 10:16 PM
People begin to make choices for themselves and things happen. It's not really depressing to me as much as it's a realization that I was blessed to be able to have such a great childhood. There were some casualties like others wrote. I had a friend that lived across the street from me that got into Heroine really bad. He's messed up. Again, it's about choices. What's funny is I can remember us getting together one last time to hang out in the neighborhood. It wasn't the same. I did visit back home once and a few from the crew got back together. We just sat and talked about all the crazy stuff we did. I guess we all have lives now.

And I'm going to shut up because I'm starting to sound like a Springsteen song.

Timmy54
04-03-2006, 10:23 PM
I have a bunch of friends from college, not too many from high school. My best friend was also my best man in my wedding even tho he had to fly down from chicago while his new born son was in the hospital. the doctors told him Gage (his son) had made it through the worst part and would be alright, so he jumped on a plane to be at my side for my big day. Now that is a friend.