PDA

View Full Version : With the 16th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select...

endorPHINS72
04-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Santonio Holmes

I would love to see us draft Holmes. Imagine this lineup....Culpepper at QB, Chambers and Holmes (our fastest WRs) split wide and Booker in the slot with McMichael at TE (and Campbell as our 4th wideout). That is a potentially very potent passing game!!!!

I know there were some concerns about Holmes keeping weight on, but it appears that was just due to the flu. It appears that we're really interested in him, which I think is awesome! Granted, he's not big, but he's fast (Sub 4.4 speed). I think he compares favorably to Lee Evans and Steve Smith coming out of college.

We do have to add youth and playmakers to the defense, and if Holmes is gone at #16 or if Nick decides to go defense, I think Manny Lawson or Chad Greenway would be great additions to the defense. Also, Winston Justice could be the guy to protect Daunte's blindside for years to come.

I'm psyched about the draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Phins!!!!!

DolphinDevil28
04-03-2006, 01:51 AM
Cannot disagree with that at all.

I've been really, REALLY warming up to the idea of selecting Santonio with the 16th pick.

Nick is a huge advocate of taking the best available player regardless of need. If he has Holmes rated as the best available player, and he's available, he'll be a Dolphin.

There are others I'd love too, but they may not present as much value as Holmes could at 16.

He could turn into our Lee Evans.

jd13
04-03-2006, 01:52 AM
we can go in so many different directions...i also wouldn't be surprised if saban traded back to get more picks...

endorPHINS72
04-03-2006, 01:55 AM
Cannot disagree with that at all.

I've been really, REALLY warming up to the idea of selecting Santonio with the 16th pick.

Nick is a huge advocate of taking the best available player regardless of need. If he has Holmes rated as the best available player, and he's available, he'll be a Dolphin.

There are others I'd love too, but they may not present as much value as Holmes could at 16.

He could turn into our Lee Evans.

I agree. There are a lot of similarities between Holmes and Evans (i.e. both smaller receivers but have some major wheels on them). And unlike Yatil Green, Holmes was completely healthy during his college career. I know I'm jumping the gun a bit, but a Chambers/Holmes combo could be the best wideout duo we've had since Clayton/Duper.

Jimmy James
04-03-2006, 02:01 AM
I hope beyond hope that Justice falls.

marinoisgodinRI
04-03-2006, 02:01 AM
i like jackson better than holmes but i still dont see us taking a wideout with this pick...unless we trade down there is just too much talent in the defensive backfield and we need more help there first also i think an OLB would be a much better option than WR at that pick too

icephinfan
04-03-2006, 02:02 AM
Hey if Saban chooses Holmes, then I'm happy if he chooses another reciever than I'm happy. My point is whoever Saban is high on he will get to help our team win!

SoFloDolFan
04-03-2006, 02:05 AM
Chad Jackson, Santonio Holmes, or Winston Justice would be fine with me. :goof:

Vertical Limit
04-03-2006, 02:08 AM
I don't see us picking a WR, but I wouldn't mind it either. We really need an impact Safety that can take over a defense--like Bob Sanders did for the Colts.

If we did draft a WR, Chad Jackson would be my preferred pick, but Santonio is nice too.

endorPHINS72
04-03-2006, 02:09 AM
i like jackson better than holmes but i still dont see us taking a wideout with this pick...unless we trade down there is just too much talent in the defensive backfield and we need more help there first also i think an OLB would be a much better option than WR at that pick too

I hate to break it to you but Marino is a Republican as well. So does that mean God is a Republican??? :sidelol:

jbdadolphinlova
:dolphins: See i don't know now b/c the stupid broncos are infront of us now and they may pick holmes or jackson. i like both but i really want jimmy williams, huff, or trade down for baing.

DolphinDevil28
I also still like Jimmy Williams, although there has been some negative press about him lately.

He's way too talented to last past the mid-1st round. With excellent coaching from Saban and Mel Phillips, Williams' potential could be unlimited.

LtDan
04-03-2006, 02:10 AM
See my sig to decide if you think I would like this pick!

PALMA
04-03-2006, 02:12 AM
Broderick Bunkley

DolphinDevil28
04-03-2006, 02:13 AM
Broderick Bunkley

Good chance he won't be there at 16.

MadLib
04-03-2006, 02:16 AM
My top two realistic hopefuls at this point are 1) Jimmy Williams and 2) Santonio Holmes. Williams is an immense talent that can contribute at both the Safety and Cornerback position. Unlike years past, we dont have a premier talent in the secondary so I dont see how we can pass on him if he is still available. If he's not on the board at #16, Holmes should be the pick. He brings more to the table than any other reciever in this draft including Jackson, who im not at all sold on.

PhinsPhan
04-03-2006, 02:23 AM
I think most of us see that Nick is probably not going to go after secondary help with the 16th pick unless Michael Huff is there. We have just addressed it already in free agency and there doesnt seem to be that big of a need for it anymore.

At first I didn't like the idea of picking a WR in the first round because quite frankly I think Booker is an excellent number 2 posession type receiver. But I am warming up to the idea of Holmes. I dont think Chad Jackson is a better option because he is the typical example of a guy who shot up the draft boards because of his workout. He is good but most people were talking 2nd round before that. Not first WR taken.

There are some out there who are very high on Holmes. Not only is he very athletic but most importantly he is considered one of the best route runners to come out of college in the last few drafts. He knows the game and knows how to set up cornerbacks to make effective breaks. I think with his speed and his knowledge he could really be a great player in the league. Also, I seem to remember teams talking about his run blocking as being excellent. Although I could be wrong on that last fact.

CrunchTime
04-03-2006, 02:26 AM
It seems every year a top player drops.There is talk that Ngata and Huff may drop this year.You would have love one of those picks.

I really like Justice but he is on the rise and might be out of our reach.

I am hoping for a tradedown but I will be happy with any player Saban selects because I trust his judgement and he knows better than we do who will be the BPA for us.

BTW this thread belongs in the draft forum.

Dolphins54
04-03-2006, 02:31 AM
As much as I would like a LB, I think Greenway is bit of a stretch at 16. I think he is more of a mid 20's draft pick, making me think that Sabab will go another direction.

Just a thing to remember also is Braylon Edwards. Remember the articles that we read about Edwards saying that Saban had him believing that we were taking him at #2. He likes to blow smokescreens. My ideal scenario would be a trade down to the mid 20's and pick up a second rounder in the process.

PhinsPhan
04-03-2006, 02:32 AM
I didn't mention that Holmes is very tough too. Makes catches in traffic.

+
Makes catches in traffic
Very Tough
Fast and athletic
Excellent route runner
bonus in run game
big game player (did anyone else see the Notre Dame Fiesta Bowl)
good hands
can be helpful on special teams
soft hands
consistent and very durable (never missed a game)

-
size

I can't understand why he isnt being discussed higher. Last year proved that you don't need to be 6'2"+ to be a good receiver in the NFL.

5'10" and 5/8ths with excellent jumping ability is not that bad and yet he seems to be highly downgraded because of his size.

Steve Smith, Santana Moss, Antwan Randle El all proved the size thing to be a myth. Even Chambers is only 5'11", but I guess he doesnt really play like that.

Santonio Holmes played in a conservative offense in Ohio St. I would love to know what he could have done in a more open offense.

miamirw
04-03-2006, 02:36 AM
Trade down twice to the end of the first and pick up two third rounders. Then select Nick Mangold, Center Ohio State with the first pick, a wr, cb and Olineman with the three thirds and a DT with the fourth.

Sign Harrington, Schulters and Ephraim before the draft and we'll be good to go.

Sethdaddy8
04-03-2006, 02:39 AM
Good chance he won't be there at 16.

I disagree. I think there's a strong chance Bunkley will be there at 16. I don't think Miami needs a DT though. And everyone needs to stop saying they want us to pick Huff. Forget it, he's definitely NOT going to be there. No true safety will be available at 16. It'll be either a late rounder...or the position will need to be addressed in FA, or by re-signing Schulters. I thought we had a shot at Winston Justice, but he did awesome at his pro-day, so he may be gone. It's a tough call.

Sethdaddy8
04-03-2006, 02:44 AM
Trade down twice to the end of the first and pick up two third rounders. Then select Nick Mangold, Center Ohio State with the first pick, a wr, cb and Olineman with the three thirds and a DT with the fourth.

Sign Harrington, Schulters and Ephraim before the draft and we'll be good to go.

We have 2 guys who can play center and have progressed rather well thus far in thier careers.
We need safeties WAY MORE than we need corners. We have tremendous depth at corner...and are hurting at safety...and we're still light even if we do sign Schulters.

Trade down twice and get 2 third rounders???Really???
I think it's more likely to just trade down to Indy's pick for thier 1st and 2nd rounder.

Dolphins54
04-03-2006, 02:47 AM
SethDaddy~

I agree with you.....Trade with Indy for their late first plus their second seems reasonable. I would be excited if this happened. Do you think that Greenway is a stretch at 16?

PhinsPhan
04-03-2006, 02:52 AM
SethDaddy~

I agree with you.....Trade with Indy for their late first plus their second seems reasonable. I would be excited if this happened. Do you think that Greenway is a stretch at 16?

Yes he is. Early on he was considered a top LB but now there are alot better options for LB over Greenway at 16.

hardhitn
04-03-2006, 03:05 AM
I hope beyond hope that Justice falls.

If Justice is around im sure Saban will take him. Although if hes not around look for Nick to trade our pick. That's what i think.

PhinsPhan
04-03-2006, 03:28 AM
If Justice is around im sure Saban will take him. Although if hes not around look for Nick to trade our pick. That's what i think.

I think he meant to the second or third round. Justice should fall to 16th but would we really take him? Vernon Carey and LJ Shelton seem to be our answers at tackle next year and Houck is high on Anthony Alabi.

kpcane
04-03-2006, 09:22 AM
What are we turning into the Detroit Lions? Yeah we'd have a strong passing game if we picked up Holmes, but I'd say we have a much greater need for an OLB. You're only as strong as your weakest link, and considering we just signed an all-pro FB, and we have a pro bowl TE, we won't be running that many 3+ WR sets. We need to get an OLB that fits Saban's scheme and will help us this year and the next 10 years. That's why Lawson would be the best pick, and Greenway would be the 2nd best pick.

Motion
04-03-2006, 09:59 AM
I disagree. I think there's a strong chance Bunkley will be there at 16. I don't think Miami needs a DT though.

I disagree, he's top 10. First DT off the board.

kpcane
04-03-2006, 10:37 AM
I disagree, he's top 10. First DT off the board.

I'd be shocked if he was picked before Ngata.

Motion
04-03-2006, 10:39 AM

Prepare to be shocked. :wink:

Motion
04-03-2006, 10:40 AM
One thing I love about this draft, unlike last year its very hard to tell which route we'll take. Pretty much everyone knew we'd go RB last year. This year is completely different with no glaring holes on the roster.

kpcane
04-03-2006, 10:53 AM
One thing I love about this draft, unlike last year its very hard to tell which route we'll take. Pretty much everyone knew we'd go RB last year. This year is completely different with no glaring holes on the roster.

Braylon Edwards didn't know we were going RB last year.

I also think that OLB is a glaring hole.

nick1
04-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Holmes will be a good WR but I want Jackson over him, Jackson has the size I like in WRs. he is also a little faster and has a higher vertical. we have been missing that WR who can win jump ball contests in the endzone.

SF Dolphin Fan
04-03-2006, 11:47 AM
That would be very exciting no doubt. I think there are some interesting middle round prospects at wide receiver, but Holmes sure looks good. I still expect Miami to go defense in the first round so Greenway or Lawson would make sense. My sleeper picks for the first round, if the team trades down a bit, would be Gabe Watson or Nick Mangold.

TimeGap
04-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Give me Holmes Over Jackson, what have any receiver From Florida who was drafted in the last four years done in the NFL.

Spray Mucus
04-03-2006, 12:23 PM

Bunkley's stock is sky rocketing after his pro day. While Ngata's stock has stayed retty much the same it's been for months.

If the draft where today, I still say Ngata will be selected before Bunkley but, Bunkley is on his heels.

nick1
04-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Give me Holmes Over Jackson, what have any receiver From Florida who was drafted in the last four years done in the NFL.
so? history doesn't matter when talking about history of a position at a school. before Big Ben what did any Miami Ohio QB do in the NFL? before Fittzgerald what did any Pitt WR do in the NFL? you get the point?

Motion
04-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Braylon Edwards didn't know we were going RB last year.

I also think that OLB is a glaring hole.

Edwards is a crybaby.

I wouldn't call OLB a "glaring" hole, we still have Spragan who started a good bit last year. Its a need no doubt, I wish Arrington would just sign with someone and get it over with.

Canadi-Phin
04-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Seems to me I read that Jauron likes penetrating DT like Bunkley not so much guys like Ngata. Sorry I don't have the link. If that's the case, Buffalo is the first team really looking at DT unless SanFran does something unexpected. If he makes it passed the Bills then he could fall to Cleveland or Baltimore, but he is more a fit in Cleveland. Depending on who else is there he could drop to us. Would we want Ngata? I think we would have to take him just cause of his sheer size and strength. he fits our d perfectly and one of our needs.

Phins28
04-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Prepare to be shocked. :wink:
He's going to the Bills at #8, he fits in the cover 2 scheme.

kpcane
04-03-2006, 04:19 PM
so? history doesn't matter when talking about history of a position at a school. before Big Ben what did any Miami Ohio QB do in the NFL? before Fittzgerald what did any Pitt WR do in the NFL? you get the point?

Ever hear the saying those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it?

I guess you're in favor of starting up a German army aren't you?

nick1
04-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Ever hear the saying those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it?

I guess you're in favor of starting up a German army aren't you?
whow whow whow, your way out there. :tantrum: we're talking about football not world issues. reply to me when you are ready to talk football

nick1
04-03-2006, 04:38 PM
I will say this, different coaches are better than others and Florida has a new regime right now. it's possible that Meyer is better at getting and teaching NFL type WRs than any of the previous UF coaches

kpcane
04-03-2006, 04:56 PM
whow whow whow, your way out there. :tantrum: we're talking about football not world issues. reply to me when you are ready to talk football

I guess you don't know the history of UF wide receivers. Reply to me when you're ready to talk Reidel Anthony, Travis Taylor, Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, and Taylor Jacobs.

One year of coaching isn't going to change a history of mediocrity.

brparkway
04-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Reports from the USC pro day said that Justice was very impressive and might have moved into the top ten.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ap4kueJjkvoDLMMC3gIuKg5DubYF?slug=cr-usc040206&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

But on the bright side, the more guys who move up, the more top prospects get bumped down.

nick1
04-03-2006, 05:51 PM
I guess you don't know the history of UF wide receivers. Reply to me when you're ready to talk Reidel Anthony, Travis Taylor, Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, and Taylor Jacobs.

One year of coaching isn't going to change a history of mediocrity.
the history for WRs for UF is bad but I don't see what that has to do with future players. they should be judged on a case by case basis. let me ask you something, has UF ever had a WR with the skills of Chad Jackson? he ran a 4.32, has a 38 1/2 inch vertical, is 6 foot 1, has good hands, and runs routes very well. I know he is more impressive than any of those guys

dominizzo
04-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Who is Santonio compared to?

kpcane
04-03-2006, 06:25 PM
the history for WRs for UF is bad but I don't see what that has to do with future players. they should be judged on a case by case basis. let me ask you something, has UF ever had a WR with the skills of Chad Jackson? he ran a 4.32, has a 38 1/2 inch vertical, is 6 foot 1, has good hands, and runs routes very well. I know he is more impressive than any of those guys

All of those guys were either first or second rounders (mostly first). They were all rated high, and they all did very well in college. I don't know the exact numbers, maybe if you can find someone who likes to research they can tell you what the exact numbers are. I don't think there's been any indication he'll be that much better than all these guys.

Another thing, what makes you think that Urban Meyer can suddenly turn someone into a good pro? I know it's early, but Alex Smith was awful last year, after thriving in Meyer's spread offense.

Jimmy James
04-03-2006, 06:49 PM
All of those guys were either first or second rounders (mostly first). They were all rated high, and they all did very well in college. I don't know the exact numbers, maybe if you can find someone who likes to research they can tell you what the exact numbers are. I don't think there's been any indication he'll be that much better than all these guys.

Another thing, what makes you think that Urban Meyer can suddenly turn someone into a good pro? I know it's early, but Alex Smith was awful last year, after thriving in Meyer's spread offense.

The Gator faithful is never going to get it.

jlfin
04-03-2006, 07:09 PM
I hate to break it to you but Marino is a Republican as well. So does that mean God is a Republican??? :sidelol:

Most accomplished people are Republicans

kpcane
04-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Most accomplished people are Republicans

I'm sure most republicans would agree with you.

kpcane
04-03-2006, 07:27 PM

If we pick Jackson, I hope he proves me wrong, but as of right now, I don't know why anybody would be so high on a gator WR. You're right...they don't get it.

nick1
04-03-2006, 08:24 PM
I have no interest in the Gators, I'm a Canes fan. I just don't beleive in placing any player in a particular group based on the history of a school's position. things change

BTW what does Pofo all-star mean?

ChambersMIA84
04-03-2006, 09:09 PM
I don't know, I'd prefer one in round 2 (trade), 3, or 4

Jimmy James
04-03-2006, 09:34 PM
I have no interest in the Gators, I'm a Canes fan. I just don't beleive in placing any player in a particular group based on the history of a school's position. things change

Yeah? Some wise dude took that position when the Texans drafted Gaffney, too. How'd that work out for him?

BTW what does Pofo all-star mean?

It means I'm an all star of the Political/War forum.

Nappy Roots
04-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Yeah? Some wise dude took that position when the Texans drafted Gaffney, too. How'd that work out for him?

some wise people passed on Larry Johnson because of the history of penn state RBs. Howd that work out? :rolleyes2

definitly gotta agree with Nick on this one, you have to take it case by case, and not group into a bunch of bull

nick1
04-03-2006, 10:30 PM
some wise people passed on Larry Johnson because of the history of penn state RBs. Howd that work out? :rolleyes2

definitly gotta agree with Nick on this one, you have to take it case by case, and not group into a bunch of bull
thank you, finally someone who sees it my way

Jimmy James
04-03-2006, 10:36 PM
How'd it work out for Larry Johnson? He was drafted in 2003 and rang up a whole 85 yards and a remark by his coach calling out his maturity (Dick's famous diapers comment). He had 581 yards his second year. This happened behind one of the league's best OLs, too. He finally broke out this year.

I would argue that a lot of his success probably had to do with the fact that he was doubted (even by his own coach) and had to work for his opportunity. That's the difference between him and the other PSU backs. Maybe if enough teams pass on Jackson and his team doesn't treat him like the second coming, he'll be okay as well.

Nappy Roots
04-03-2006, 10:40 PM
How'd it work out for Larry Johnson? He was drafted in 2003 and rang up a whole 85 yards and a remark by his coach calling out his maturity (Dick's famous diapers comment). He had 581 yards his second year. This happened behind one of the league's best OLs, too. He finally broke out this year.

I would argue that a lot of his success probably had to do with the fact that he was doubted (even by his own coach) and had to work for his opportunity. That's the difference between him and the other PSU backs. Maybe if enough teams pass on Jackson and his team doesn't treat him like the second coming, he'll be okay as well.

not a good arguement man. you show stats from when he was backing up one of the most productive backs in the league at the time. Hes clearly one of the top 5 RBs in the league in his 3rd season.

saying that his success is because he worked his *** off is.....well....is obvious. you cant be a great player in the league without working hard

Jimmy James
04-03-2006, 10:50 PM
not a good arguement man. you show stats from when he was backing up one of the most productive backs in the league at the time. Hes clearly one of the top 5 RBs in the league in his 3rd season.

He was backing up a back who was an undrafted free agent, and he was THIRD on the depth chart to Derrick Blaylock as late as last season when Blaylock got dinged up. If Johnson was such a can't miss prospect, he wouldn't have EVER been sitting third on a depth chart.

:shakeno:

Nappy Roots
04-03-2006, 11:02 PM
He was backing up a back who was an undrafted free agent, and he was THIRD on the depth chart to Derrick Blaylock as late as last season when Blaylock got dinged up. If Johnson was such a can't miss prospect, he wouldn't have EVER been sitting third on a depth chart.

:shakeno:

he was 3rd because of personal problems with vermil. there is no way he was a 2000 yard rusher in college, that just some how relized that he had all the talent in the world in his 3rd season.

Jimmy James
04-03-2006, 11:08 PM
he was 3rd because of personal problems with vermil. there is no way he was a 2000 yard rusher in college, that just some how relized that he had all the talent in the world in his 3rd season.

Who says it was talent? As I mentioned, the Chiefs do run a very RB-friendly system. You don't need a 1st rounder to do what Johnson did -- you can do t with an undrafted free agent.

ETA: In addition, a lot of the PSU RBs have been bad due to injury. That's what bit Enis and Carter, for instance. I know of no similar injury issue with the Gator WRs. They just suck.

nick1
04-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Who says it was talent? As I mentioned, the Chiefs do run a very RB-friendly system. You don't need a 1st rounder to do what Johnson did -- you can do t with an undrafted free agent.

ETA: In addition, a lot of the PSU RBs have been bad due to injury. That's what bit Enis and Carter, for instance. I know of no similar injury issue with the Gator WRs. They just suck.
are you kidding me? Johnson is obviously one of the most talented backs in the NFL.

Jimmy James
04-03-2006, 11:44 PM
are you kidding me? Johnson is obviously one of the most talented backs in the NFL.

Really? If so, why couldn't he displace Blaylock and an undrafted free agent?

nick1
04-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Really? If so, why couldn't he displace Blaylock and an undrafted free agent?
Nappy already told you he had problems with the head coach. if a coach doesn't like you it doesn't matter how talented you are. have you seen Larry Johnson? he's so big and fast, it's almost unbeleivable how good he is

Jimmy James
04-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Nappy already told you he had problems with the head coach. if a coach doesn't like you it doesn't matter how talented you are. have you seen Larry Johnson? he's so big and fast, it's almost unbeleivable how good he is

So, then, I have you on record saying that Larry Johnson is better than Priest and would have been starting instead of him if it weren't for Dick?

nick1
04-04-2006, 12:07 AM
So, then, I have you on record saying that Larry Johnson is better than Priest and would have been starting instead of him if it weren't for Dick?
I didn't say that but he definitely would have seen more playing team than he did if Dick didn't dislike him so much at the time. I will say this, Johnson is more physically talented than Holmes is. Holmes was better at that time but only because of having more experience

BADABING!
04-04-2006, 01:06 AM
1st Round Mock Draft with Projected Trades

Houston Texans: RB-Reggie Bush, USC
New York Jets: QB-Matt Leinart, USC (Trade w/NOS)
Tennessee Titans: QB-Vince Young, Texas
New Orleans Saints: DE-Mario Williams, NC State (Trade w/NYJ)
Green Bay Packers: LB-A.J. Hawk, Ohio St
San Francisco 49ers: OT-D’Brickshaw Ferguson, Virginia
Oakland Raiders: DB-Michael Huff, Texas
Buffalo Bills: DT-Haloti Ngata, Oregon
Minnesota Vikings: QB-Jay Cutler, Vanderbilt (Trade w/DET)
Arizona Cardinals: TE-Vernon Davis, Maryland
St. Louis Rams: DB-Jimmy Williams, Virginia Tech
Cleveland Browns: DE/LB-Kamerion Wimbley, FSU
Baltimore Ravens: OT-Winston Justice, USC
Philadelphia Eagles: DT-Brodrick Bunkley, FSU
Denver Broncos: WR-Chad Jackson
Miami Dolphins: DB-Tye Hill, Clemson
Detroit Lions: LB-Ernie Sims, FSU (Trade w/MIN)
Dallas Cowboys: WR-Santonio Holmes, Ohio St
San Diego Chargers: DB-Donte Whitner, Ohio St
Kansas City Chiefs: DB-Jonathan Joseph, S. Carolina
New England Patriots: RB-DeAngelo Williams, Memphis
Denver Broncos: DE-Tamba Hali, Penn St
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: OT-Marcus McNeill, Auburn
Cincinnati Bengals: DT-Gabe Watson, Michigan
New York Giants: LB-Chad Greenway, Iowa
Chicago Bears: DB-Ashton Youboty, Ohio St
Carolina Panthers: RB-LenDale White, USC
Jacksonville Jaguars: TE-Leonard Pope, Georgia
New York Jets: LB-Bobby Carpenter, Ohio St
Indianapolis Colts: RB-Laurence Maroney, Minnesota
Seattle Seahawks: DE-Mathias Kiwanuka, Boston College
Pittsburgh Steelers: WR-Sinorice Moss, MiamiWhat do you guys think?

Motion
04-04-2006, 06:45 AM

:rolleyes2 I can't wait to see Jackson shatter this stupid stereotype.

Jimmy James
04-04-2006, 08:28 AM
:rolleyes2 I can't wait to see Jackson shatter this stupid stereotype.

I'll bet you said the same of Gaffney.

Motion
04-04-2006, 09:36 AM
I'll bet you said the same of Gaffney.

No, I don't think anyone has had the total package like Jackson from Florida in recent memory. He has the size, speed, and the best hands I've seen in a long time. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, its cool, I just think its unfair to doubt him before he even has a chance.

Canadi-Phin
04-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Wow, your knocking Priest and LJ is the same statement. Cause no good players have ever been undrafted free agents if I understand your tone correct.

"Really? If so, why couldn't he displace Blaylock and an undrafted free agent?"

I also will take from your early comments that no good players have ever been third on a depth chart before and then excelled.
If you believe either of your comments I seriously have to doubt what you know about football. I know this not to be true cause I have read many intelligent posts by you in the past but you seem determined to prove your point about Gator Receivers.
On that argument I really don't have an opinion. There have been good gator receivers in the past and lately some failures. Yatil Green I think could have been something good but injuries like Enis and Carter prevented that from happening. I think many of the other receivers from Florida had gaudy stats and this allowed them to propell themselves up draft boards. I feel Jackson has all the tangibles to be a very good pro. I may be wrong and have been in the past.

Montella
04-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Santonio Holmes

I would love to see us draft Holmes. Imagine this lineup....Culpepper at QB, Chambers and Holmes (our fastest WRs) split wide and Booker in the slot with McMichael at TE (and Campbell as our 4th wideout). That is a potentially very potent passing game!!!!

I know there were some concerns about Holmes keeping weight on, but it appears that was just due to the flu. It appears that we're really interested in him, which I think is awesome! Granted, he's not big, but he's fast (Sub 4.4 speed). I think he compares favorably to Lee Evans and Steve Smith coming out of college.

We do have to add youth and playmakers to the defense, and if Holmes is gone at #16 or if Nick decides to go defense, I think Manny Lawson or Chad Greenway would be great additions to the defense. Also, Winston Justice could be the guy to protect Daunte's blindside for years to come.

I'm psyched about the draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Phins!!!!!

that's right, i would also love to see him taken in the 1st round, that would be an awsome receiver corp for culpepper and would improve our passing game much more as it already is, we can choose defensive players in the 3rd and 4th round to solve our problems...

trate121hb
04-04-2006, 11:56 AM
bunkley, justice, ernie sims, chad jackson or holmes

trate121hb
04-04-2006, 11:58 AM
bunkley, justice, ernie sims, chad jackson or holmes and ofcourse my avatar cromartie

gunnakillbrady
04-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Chad Jackson, any of the top LB's, or trade down for that Georgia safety greg blue! we need a safety might be able to get West Virginia's Addae late in the draft who could turn out to be a bargain

kpcane
04-04-2006, 03:16 PM

Who passed on Larry because he was from PSU?

He's a good back, but he was also the first back to be selected if I remember correctly. If he was in last year's draft, he probably would have been top 5 because of the need of RB's. There's no history of PSU's RB's doing poorly. Carter and Enis were just injured a lot, unlike the UF guys who just couldn't adapt to the NFL.

nick1
04-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Who passed on Larry because he was from PSU?

He's a good back, but he was also the first back to be selected if I remember correctly. If he was in last year's draft, he probably would have been top 5 because of the need of RB's. There's no history of PSU's RB's doing poorly. Carter and Enis were just injured a lot, unlike the UF guys who just couldn't adapt to the NFL.
obviously alot of teams did, the Bills took McGahee who was injured at the time over Johnson. Johnson fell all the way past #20 so all of those teams past on him because of PSU

kpcane
04-04-2006, 06:18 PM
obviously alot of teams did, the Bills took McGahee who was injured at the time over Johnson. Johnson fell all the way past #20 so all of those teams past on him because of PSU

Like I said, I don't know if there was that great of a need for RB that year, that's why people didn't "pass" on LJ. I don't remember there being any hoopla about PSU RB's before that draft.
McGahee was projected to be a top 3 pick before the injury, and went all the way down to 23.
The kansas city chiefs had Priest Holmes at the time, and he was coming off a career year. If there was any question about him, the Chiefs definitely would not have picked him.
And just to prove the lack of a need for RB that year, there was just those two that were picked in the first, NONE chosen in the second, 3 chosen in the third (including Chris Brown and Justin Fargas), and the following were chosen in the 4th - Artose Pinner, Domanick Davis, Onterrio Smith, Quentin Griffin, and Lee Suggs. Those guys have all been starters in this league, and Davis, Griffin, and Suggs, have proven that they can be VERY productive.
People were not shying away from Johnson, and if you have any info that proves otherwise, please tell me.

Nappy Roots
04-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Like I said, I don't know if there was that great of a need for RB that year, that's why people didn't "pass" on LJ. I don't remember there being any hoopla about PSU RB's before that draft.
McGahee was projected to be a top 3 pick before the injury, and went all the way down to 23.
The kansas city chiefs had Priest Holmes at the time, and he was coming off a career year. If there was any question about him, the Chiefs definitely would not have picked him.
And just to prove the lack of a need for RB that year, there was just those two that were picked in the first, NONE chosen in the second, 3 chosen in the third (including Chris Brown and Justin Fargas), and the following were chosen in the 4th - Artose Pinner, Domanick Davis, Onterrio Smith, Quentin Griffin, and Lee Suggs. Those guys have all been starters in this league, and Davis, Griffin, and Suggs, have proven that they can be VERY productive.
People were not shying away from Johnson, and if you have any info that proves otherwise, please tell me.

LJ is a guy that put out 1700 yards in only 9 starts. a top 5 RB in the league. he deserved to be a top 10 pick.

Houston and Detriot didnt have need for RBs? Arizona, who had 2 picks didnt need a RB? Chicago, who also had 2 picks didnt need one?

no he wasnt passed over. he was only drafted after a RB that wouldnt even play the next year.

kpcane
04-04-2006, 10:23 PM
LJ is a guy that put out 1700 yards in only 9 starts. a top 5 RB in the league. he deserved to be a top 10 pick.

Houston and Detriot didnt have need for RBs? Arizona, who had 2 picks didnt need a RB? Chicago, who also had 2 picks didnt need one?

no he wasnt passed over. he was only drafted after a RB that wouldnt even play the next year.

Yeah and Priest Holmes deserved to be a top 10 pick too...but he wasn't even drafted.

Houston and Detroit both picked in the top 3. Larry Johnson wasn't a top 3 talent coming out of PSU. Chicago's defense was ranked 25th in the league, and their QB was Jim Miller. They had a RB duo of Anthony Thomas and Adrian Peterson. So if you're the GM, which do you try to fix? QB and defense? Yeah me too.

McGahee was disgusting coming out of college. Hell, I would have drafted McGahee over Larry Johnson even if McGahee didn't play for a year. I think LJ is still second to WM, it's just that Buffalo doesn't half a quarter of the line KC does.

KC even knew that they could trade 11 spots down and still get LJ, so that's what they did. And like I said earlier, KC shouldn't even have picked a RB with their first rounder, and they were criticized for it. You won't see a team with an overabundance of receivers picking Chad Jackson this year.