PDA

View Full Version : Bad enough Hollywood does a million remakes of classics...

Pagan
04-04-2006, 10:55 AM
But now we're starting to see BANDS being remade? This is f'ing pathetic.

The New Cars (http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Releases/new_cars/biography.htm)

Devo 2.0 (http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001919314)

What's next, Aluminum Maiden? :shakeno:

GRAPEAPE
04-04-2006, 11:07 AM
I saw part of the interview with the New Cars, they said they just couldn't let the great music die off. I actually like the Cars, And I thought Rick Ocasik(sp) was good, but let it go guys. I think they are just looking for a paycheck.

spydertl79
04-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Reminds me of Mini KISS.

Pagan
04-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Reminds me of Mini KISS.
Not quite bro. Mini-KISS is a goof, and they don't play any instruments. They just lip-synch at parties and clubs.

These "bands" are actually putting out albums and touring.

spydertl79
04-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Devo 2 looks.... interesting.

WharfRat
04-04-2006, 11:35 AM

Devo 2.0 (http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001919314)

I'm surprised Todd Rudgren would be involved with the New cars... hwere is Rick Ocasik? And why didn't rudgren call it "New Utopia"?

Pagan
04-04-2006, 02:20 PM
hwere is Rick Ocasik?
Ric died bro.

Oh wait, no that was Benjamin Orr.

Noodle Arm
04-04-2006, 03:09 PM
I can't wait for Kajagoogoo Redux :chuckle:

d-day
04-04-2006, 04:38 PM

the new cars is the show i want to see the most this year - todd rundgren was the perfect choice to replace ric ocasek - aluminum maiden is quite fitting actually - i pretty much stopped listening to them after paul dianno left - seriously pagan how many bands have all their original members in it - i get your point though :wink: - but as a cars/todd rundgren fan, i'm interested not because i'm buying this "new cars" b.s. but because i appreciate their music and am a huge fan of the musicians represented - besides, it sounds like a fun show - and that's what it is all about right? :wink:

d-day vs pagan round 1 :lol:

GRAPEAPE
04-04-2006, 04:41 PM
the new cars is the show i want to see the most this year - todd rundgren was the perfect choice to replace ric ocasek - aluminum maiden is quite fitting actually - i pretty much stopped listening to them after paul dianno left - seriously pagan how many bands have all their original members in it - i get your point though :wink: - but as a cars/todd rundgren fan, i'm interested not because i'm buying this "new cars" b.s. but because i appreciate their music and am a huge fan of the musicians represented - besides, it sounds like a fun show - and that's what it is all about right? :wink:

d-day vs pagan round 1 :lol: Ohh Pagan you gonna take that??? Huh huh??? :tongue:

Pagan
04-04-2006, 04:52 PM

d-day vs pagan round 1 :lol:
Let's see, the Cars....main songwriter gone, two lead vocalists gone. ONE member remaining, and not even a major member.

NOT the Cars. End of story.

I too would love to hear the music they come out with, but don't call it the Cars. Would you listen to Ozzy if he came out alone and called himself Black Sabbath? I know I didn't listen to the Sabbath album when it was just Iommi in the band.

It does sound like a fun show...so Todd should bring this to the clubs and DO it as a fun show, not release albums and tour under another band's legacy to make some money and get himself back into the spotlight. :wink:

As for not listening to Maiden after D'Anno left, man you've deprived yourself of some good music bro. :lol:

Your volley. :tongue:

d-day
04-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Let's see, the Cars....main songwriter gone, two lead vocalists gone. ONE member remaining, and not even a major member.

NOT the Cars. End of story.

yet iron maiden only has 2 original member themselves: dave murray and steve harris but they're still called iron maiden right...?

I too would love to hear the music they come out with, but don't call it the Cars. Would you listen to Ozzy if he came out alone and called himself Black Sabbath? I know I didn't listen to the Sabbath album when it was just Iommi in the band.

you asked if i would listen to ozzy if he came out alone and called himself black sabbath but you listened to black sabbath w/out ozzy when dio joined right?

It does sound like a fun show...so Todd should bring this to the clubs and DO it as a fun show, not release albums and tour under another band's legacy to make some money and get himself back into the spotlight. :wink:

it's the new cars not the cars...

As for not listening to Maiden after D'Anno left, man you've deprived yourself of some good music bro. :lol:

Your volley. :tongue:

and the same could be said about the new cars... btw, i did like # of the beast :wink:

d-day 30
pagan 15

your serve brother :tongue: :wink:

Pagan
04-04-2006, 07:17 PM
yet iron maiden only has 2 original member themselves: dave murray and steve harris but they're still called iron maiden right...?
Iron Maiden didn't disappear for 15 years and then resurface with all new members. The changes made to the band were gradual. Therefore, it was an evolving of Iron Maiden, not "The New Iron Maiden" 20 years later.

you asked if i would listen to ozzy if he came out alone and called himself black sabbath but you listened to black sabbath w/out ozzy when dio joined right?
Tony Iommi, Bill Ward and Geezer Butler were still there. 3/4 Black Sabbath = STILL Black Sabbath.

it's the new cars not the cars...
Playing all the hits of the Cars.

Lame.

and the same could be said about the new cars... btw, i did like # of the beast :wink:
You need to hear Powerslave, Piece of Mind, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Somewhere In Time, Fear of the Dark, Brave New World, Dance of Death, etc. etc.....

d-day 30
pagan 15

your serve brother :tongue: :wink:
30 all. :wink:

d-day
04-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Iron Maiden didn't disappear for 15 years and then resurface with all new members. The changes made to the band were gradual. Therefore, it was an evolving of Iron Maiden, not "The New Iron Maiden" 20 years later.

for me, iron maiden ceased to exist after paul d'ianno left the band - enter bruce dickinson: new band - should have been named the new iron maiden

Tony Iommi, Bill Ward and Geezer Butler were still there. 3/4 Black Sabbath = STILL Black Sabbath.

3/4 black sabbath = ck sabbath. it's simple math really

Playing all the hits of the Cars.

Lame.

does iron maiden play songs off the 1st albums...? yes

You need to hear Powerslave, Piece of Mind, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Somewhere In Time, Fear of the Dark, Brave New World, Dance of Death, etc. etc.....

heard a few - compared to killers... pass

30 all. :wink:

make that 40 - 15. i'm giving you a 15 point deduction for making lame points :tongue: :chuckle: :wink:

Roman529
04-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Whip It, Whip It Good.....Looking for my Devo hat....somewhere in the closet.
:wink:

ILPhinFan88
04-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Whip It, Whip It Good.....Looking for my Devo hat....somewhere in the closet.
:wink:

Working In a Coal Mine

Pagan
04-04-2006, 10:10 PM
for me, iron maiden ceased to exist after paul d'ianno left the band - enter bruce dickinson: new band - should have been named the new iron maiden
Ah, I keep forgetting that "so D-Day says it is, so it shall be." :lol:

Unfortunately, 99.999% of the metal world disagrees with you. Besides...you like HAIR BANDS, so your assessment of Maiden is rendered null and void. :lol:

3/4 black sabbath = ck sabbath. it's simple math really
So then by your math, Rundgren should call this band the r's, since there's only ONE original member left and they haven't been together for 15 YEARS. It's a joke. A Cars tribute band that's milking the nostalgia cash cow for one more pailfull.

does iron maiden play songs off the 1st albums...? yes
I'll have to refer to you as the Artful Dodger. You keep ducking the fact I gave you about Maiden.

To reiterate, Maiden never went away, they evolved. Aside from the fact that they were still an opening act when D'Anno left the band. They didn't become household names until Dickinson was singing. And the lineup that they rose to prominance with is the CURRENT lineup, plus one. :wink:

heard a few - compared to killers... pass
Again, you like hairbands. :chuckle:

make that 40 - 15. i'm giving you a 15 point deduction for making lame points :tongue: :chuckle: :wink:
Actually, make that 40-15 me. You're getting a penalty and a warning for trying to blow smoke up everyone's *** by saying my points were lame when you employed the "Chewbacca Defense". :tongue: :lol:

WharfRat
04-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Ric died bro.

Oh wait, no that was Benjamin Orr.

HelenaBucket ran into Ric in NYC one day.... literally. He was coming out of a store, and she was rounding the corner and slammed right into him. She's all of 5 foot nothing, and Ric's a pretty tall guy...needless to say, she's the one who bounced back... :lol:

NJFINSFAN1
04-05-2006, 08:09 AM
While without Rick, they should not be the Cars, the addition of rundgren maybe interesting, I'll give them a listen.

NJFINSFAN1
04-05-2006, 08:12 AM
I just went to the official site, they sound very much like the Old Cars.

d-day
04-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Again, you like hairbands. :chuckle:

ratt > maiden w/out d'ianno and that is a scientific fact :tongue:

game.over. :wink: