PDA

View Full Version : Sean Taylor rejects plea deal, will go to trial

DolfanDaveInATX
04-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Proposed plea deal would have Taylor plead guilty to one felony but be sentenced only to probation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2396665

I think Taylor's lost his mind. Dude is looking at a mandatory minimum of nine years hard time if he is convicted, which would effectively end his career. The risk/reward ratio is tilted way too far in the wrong direction. Take the deal and put this behind you.

UltraDol-Fan
04-04-2006, 03:48 PM
I thought if a player pled guilty to a crime they got suspended by the NFL?

Nappy Roots
04-04-2006, 03:50 PM
i probably would of taken it. but like it said, "When a man is not guilty, that option is not attractive".

he has a lot of people on him about his attitude, his inability to stay out of trouble. getting proved innocent would really clear his name. pleading guilty to a crime that you get drilled for by everyone, specially one that you didnt commit, would probably eat him up inside.

i dunno, it probably could go either way.

tucker
04-04-2006, 07:28 PM
he's screwed

AquaInferno
04-04-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm gonna hope for the best for him. Don't steal his ATVs next time! Duh. What are all the charges tho? I know he pointed a gun in someone's face when they were takin his ATV. I just don't see how this is mandatory 9 years, was the gun unregistered or somethin?

Nappy Roots
04-04-2006, 07:55 PM
I'm gonna hope for the best for him. Don't steal his ATVs next time! Duh. What are all the charges tho? I know he pointed a gun in someone's face when they were takin his ATV. I just don't see how this is mandatory 9 years, was the gun unregistered or somethin?

i believe he pistol whipped them, and then began beating their *****.

Alex44
04-04-2006, 07:58 PM
So basically he was getting robbed and beat the guys ***?

I dont see anything wrong with that truthfully

Someone explain exactly what happend to me

Nappy Roots
04-04-2006, 08:00 PM
So basically he was getting robbed and beat the guys ***?

I dont see anything wrong with that truthfully

Someone explain exactly what happend to me

no he had his atvs stolen already, he went to the peoples houses himself instead of calling the cops.

Tone_E
04-04-2006, 08:06 PM
no he had his atvs stolen already, he went to the peoples houses himself instead of calling the cops.

He should get some kind of citizens award or something. Cops wouldn't do anything about it......

Nappy Roots
04-04-2006, 08:07 PM
He should get some kind of citizens award or something. Cops wouldn't do anything about it......

i definitly agree.

gator_sensation
04-04-2006, 08:36 PM

Hey :tantrum: I'm a cop. I take offense to that. We would have gotten there eventually :tongue:

Alex44
04-04-2006, 08:37 PM

Ah I see

I dont know how I feel about that, Im mean I dont think I can blame him

ih8brady
04-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Ah I see

I dont know how I feel about that, Im mean I dont think I can blame him

if he had just punched the guy, thats one thing. Still, you dont aim a firearm at someone. if he did it, he deserves to serve time.

HysterikiLL
04-05-2006, 06:53 AM
To lose your mind, you have to have a mind first. I wonder if he will spit on the judge if convicted.

Smoke
04-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Taylor is a moron. He needs some jail time. Don't tell me he didn't know any better because his dad is a cop. If he knew where his stuff was all he had to do was call 911 and give them the address.

305TillIDie
04-05-2006, 02:11 PM
check me out yall... i have the real scoop on this issue... some people here may think that this stuff im about to say is crazy, or that its false.. you can think that and i understand..but its the truth.. here it is... Sean 4wheeler was stolen from his friends house, so Sean went back to get his bike back from the guys who stole them...Sean pulled out the gun and threated to shoot the guy who stole it...thats when police came and everybody left the scene ...Sean offered the guy (i know him...but i cant tell his name) 25,000 to dont press charges on him, but the guy didnt accept it.. he wanted more than 25,000..so Sean wont give him more money..so thats where we at now..going to trial....this is exclusive stuff... nobody knows the true but finheaven...

icephinfan
04-05-2006, 02:24 PM
check me out yall... i have the real scoop on this issue... some people here may think that this stuff im about to say is crazy, or that its false.. you can think that and i understand..but its the truth.. here it is... Sean 4wheeler was stolen from his friends house, so Sean went back to get his bike back from the guys who stole them...Sean pulled out the gun and threated to shoot the guy who stole it...thats when police came and everybody left the scene ...Sean offered the guy (i know him...but i cant tell his name) 25,000 to dont press charges on him, but the guy didnt accept it.. he wanted more than 25,000..so Sean wont give him more money..so thats where we at now..going to trial....this is exclusive stuff... nobody knows the true but finheaven...

:sidelol: :sidelol:

305 in the house!!!!!!:eek:

305TillIDie
04-05-2006, 02:26 PM
the guy was wrong for taking his bike.. but sean needs to be better than that.. gun charges is no joke..

icephinfan
04-05-2006, 02:27 PM
the guy was wrong for taking his bike.. but sean needs to be better than that.. gun charges is no joke..

That's for sure!!! DAMN, but he will get off, Money talks in court!

Nappy Roots
04-05-2006, 02:29 PM

good **** man

icephinfan
04-05-2006, 02:32 PM
I just don't understand athlete's these days, making all that money, getting to do things people would die for and they do these stupid things, gun charges, drugs,cheating on wives with strippers, makes no sense!

305TillIDie
04-05-2006, 02:38 PM
I just don't understand athlete's these days, making all that money, getting to do things people would die for and they do these stupid things, gun charges, drugs,cheating on wives with strippers, makes no sense!

yeah... i saw the guy right after it happened..and some people across the street called the police and nobody really told what happen, only that sean pulled a gun........thats when the story broke on espn, nfl network, local, national stations.. it was crazy man

icephinfan
04-05-2006, 02:40 PM
yeah... i saw the guy right after it happened..and some people across the street called the police and nobody really told what happen, only that sean pulled a gun........thats when the story broke on espn, nfl network, local, national stations.. it was crazy man

So after people said they saw him with a gun, the media took it and ran with it.GEEE'Z:shakeno:

305TillIDie
04-05-2006, 02:45 PM
So after people said they saw him with a gun, the media took it and ran with it.GEEE'Z:shakeno:

exactly... i know sean from around here.. hell.. i grew up with this dude.. he always had a bad temper.. he a kool dude but his temper is just bad

icephinfan
04-05-2006, 02:47 PM
exactly... i know sean from around here.. hell.. i grew up with this dude.. he always had a bad temper.. he a kool dude but his temper is just bad

Yep, I know what you mean about bad temper's, they can get you in some serious trouble.

305TillIDie
04-05-2006, 03:00 PM
i hope everything be ok for both sean and the guy cause im kool with both of them..

305TillIDie
04-05-2006, 03:22 PM
i believe he pistol whipped them, and then began beating their *****.

naw.. sean just pulled the gun on the guy that stole the 4wheeler.. they wouldve killed sean if he did that..on the real

icephinfan
04-05-2006, 04:33 PM
naw.. sean just pulled the gun on the guy that stole the 4wheeler.. they wouldve killed sean if he did that..on the real

That's true, they would've!

HysterikiLL
04-05-2006, 06:07 PM

Gun charges are no joke.

:wink:

icephinfan
04-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Guns are no joke....except for the new Guns N' Roses group....:sidelol:

tucker
04-05-2006, 07:38 PM
naw.. sean just pulled the gun on the guy that stole the 4wheeler.. they wouldve killed sean if he did that..on the realany why hasnt the defense talked to you yet

nick1
04-05-2006, 09:06 PM
I don't think this is a serious crime, he simply got his own justice. he pointed a guy at them but he didn't shoot them. everyone I know would have shot them, you steal whats not yours and you deserve to be shot too bad it wasn't on his property because than he could have done what he did rightfully

wagz
04-05-2006, 10:03 PM

did he spit on the guy he pulled a gun out on? lol

seriously tho, things like this happen all the time to black celebrities, look at culpepper, they see a brother w/ some money and get mad when they get in a little trouble and lie and leave out things so they sound really bad, our justice system is f'd up man....

Nappy Roots
04-09-2006, 08:58 PM

not sayin you liein, but these same dudes that would of killed sean for that, straight up snitched on him for pulling a gun on them?

not even hittin him, not even shootin....i cant see it bruh

straight ***** move for real

Perfect23
04-09-2006, 09:13 PM
That is worse than Chris Henry.

Mauler
04-10-2006, 11:30 AM
What happened to the english language? Must be too tough for some.
Because this thread is a brutal short-bus area. :goof:

Not talking about typing.

Mauler
04-10-2006, 11:34 AM
I don't think this is a serious crime, he simply got his own justice. he pointed a guy at them but he didn't shoot them. everyone I know would have shot them, you steal whats not yours and you deserve to be shot too bad it wasn't on his property because than he could have done what he did rightfully Noone knows that he wont shoot though. He pulls a gun and others respond by pulling guns and shooting. Then your little sister is dead. A very serious crime indeed. And he drove all the way over there with the gun knowing what he was about to do.

You cannot go vigilante, because then the hole country runs amok.
What if he is mistaken? Now people could be dead because he is an idiot.

nick1
04-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Noone knows that he wont shoot though. He pulls a gun and others respond by pulling guns and shooting. Then your little sister is dead. A very serious crime indeed. And he drove all the way over there with the gun knowing what he was about to do.

You cannot go vigilante, because then the hole country runs amok.
What if he is mistaken? Now people could be dead because he is an idiot.
I understand and agree. I just understand why Taylor did what he did and I don't fault him

Mauler
04-10-2006, 02:18 PM
I understand and agree. I just understand why Taylor did what he did and I don't fault himBut if you are trying the case ... despite emphasizing with him (as many would), do you hold him accountable and uphold the laws by giving him mandatory jail time for he actions commited according to the laws of Florida?

nick1
04-10-2006, 03:50 PM
But if you are trying the case ... despite emphasizing with him (as many would), do you hold him accountable and uphold the laws by giving him mandatory jail time for he actions commited according to the laws of Florida?
I would have to, he did break the law

nick1
04-13-2006, 10:01 PM
the lead prosecutor in this case has stepped aside because he was using the case for his own personal gain, Taylor is still going to be tried

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2406407