PDA

View Full Version : Sorry if this is a dead topic

Dajesus
03-07-2003, 01:05 AM
I had surgery on thursaday, so I have been out of it the past couple days, but I saw something the other day that trully pissed me off. Please keep in mind I am the one that has no paitence for racsism, and usually jumps on anyone making racsist coments.

Has everyone heard that the Lions will most likely lose a draft pick because they didn't trully consider a minority for the head coaching vaccancy? I don't want to start an afirmitive action debate, I am against it or any type of racsisim, but don't really care how this is related to it. The fact is everyone around the NFL know the only reason there was a head coahing job available in Detroit is because Mooch got fired. If he stayed in San Fran Marty would still be the coach in Detroit. The desicion had nothing to do with race, and everything to do with Millen having ties to San Fran. I think it is a lot less insulting to paraed a minority coach around like teams did to Cotrell just so the NFL didn't jump all over them. Anyway I thought this was apaulsive, and was curious how it rubbed you guys. I am still on percoset so I hope this was legiable.

Sabre Ally
03-07-2003, 01:09 AM
Welcome back, hope you're feeling much better.

I agree with you. And anyway, who would want to coach the Lions anyway other than someone with ties to the area? They suck. :lol:

Scrap
03-07-2003, 08:59 AM
I think whoever is most suitable for a job, should be hired for that job.I don't think that race should ever be in the equation.

Biggunndunn
03-07-2003, 11:41 AM
its the lions fault....they knew the rules(as stupid as they might be) and just didn't follow them.

t2thejz
03-08-2003, 10:17 PM
Its stupid. they need to be penelized because its a rule. but have them lose a 6th rounder not a 1st

Barbarian
03-10-2003, 09:24 PM
Well, they asked Minorities to come in for an interview... IMHO, they did everything they could be asked to.