PDA

View Full Version : McNair told to go home. DAMN.

Tone_E
04-04-2006, 07:49 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/teams/team10.html) told quarterback Steve McNair (http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/players/player15.html) they don`t want him working out in their building, a move that signals his 11-year tenure with the team may be nearing an end.

Full story here:
http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=75217&tid=27&t=1

Alex44
04-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Wow the guy that gives you his 150% every game, led you to a superbowl, came 1 yard short of an amazing comeback to win it, who has been the face of your franchise....and you just say go home

What a classy orginization :shakeno:

AquaInferno
04-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Wow. That is insane, are they TRYING to piss off the guy who's gonna be teaching their new rookie QB? They must be, this is a very smart thing the Titans are doin here.

bullseyeguy
04-04-2006, 08:01 PM
There must be more to this story, it just doesnt make sense...

Tone_E
04-04-2006, 08:02 PM
I hope they fall flat on their behinds this year. I never had anything against the Titans, but this is so disrespectful. Plus they got those loud mouth jack azzes Pacman and Hope. Man, I'm beginning to hate more and more teams out there, the madness has to end.

Prime Time
04-04-2006, 10:21 PM
I hope they fall flat on their behinds this year. I never had anything against the Titans, but this is so disrespectful. Plus they got those loud mouth jack azzes Pacman and Hope. Man, I'm beginning to hate more and more teams out there, the madness has to end.

I like Fisher though. He has been there forever through the good and bad also. He is a good coach, I see him turning the Titans around soon.

wazzy
04-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Its pretty sad but it will only motivate him for wherever he goes now!

Mike13
04-04-2006, 10:44 PM
What ingrates, this guy has shed his blood, sweat, and tears for this organization and they spit on him.

Tone_E
04-05-2006, 11:38 AM
What ingrates, this guy has shed his blood, sweat, and tears for this organization and they spit on him.

Money and Women buddy, the root of all evil...

Tone_E
04-05-2006, 11:44 AM
I like Fisher though. He has been there forever through the good and bad also. He is a good coach, I see him turning the Titans around soon.

Makes me wonder though, how involved was Fisher in making this decision? As AquaInferno suggested, McNair would have been the perfect person to groom Leinart, or whichever QB they take with their 3rd pick.

One thing is for certain, whoever TEN picks is gonna have to carry a huge load on their shoulders, especially now that TEN is ranked to compete. Too much for a rookie QB if you ask me. :shakeno:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-05-2006, 01:35 PM
i see a lot of titans fans that agree with the team though.

dominizzo
04-05-2006, 04:38 PM
HHEHEH Mcnair poor you

HysterikiLL
04-05-2006, 06:46 PM
HHEHEH Mcnair poor you

:lol:

Vertical Limit
04-06-2006, 01:38 AM
Wow, by far the most un-classy thing I have ever read. Just unbeleivable.

If they do in fact release him, I can see him land in Minnesota as their starter, or perhaps Oakland-- where Vince Young may be drafted and likely be groomed by Steve.

Tone_E
04-06-2006, 07:15 AM
Wow, by far the most un-classy thing I have ever read. Just unbeleivable.

If they do in fact release him, I can see him land in Minnesota as their starter, or perhaps Oakland-- where Vince Young may be drafted and likely be groomed by Steve.

Oakland has A. Brooks :sidelol:

N ot laughing at your post, jus laughing at the fact that he is not a starter.

Mauler
04-10-2006, 11:44 AM
He is on the cap for 24 million and 9 million in salary. If he gets hurt there they owe him the full amount. They have been working on a deal for 3 months and McNair has become less then agreeable.

If they get a new contract done then there is no issues. Its not unclassy, its smart. Cannot mortgage your entire team over a player who hasnt even been able to practice with his teammates the past two years becase he has become increasingly fragile. Another injury now, under that contrac - in spring, can sink them.

FansinceJan'72
04-10-2006, 08:52 PM
for $24 million i'd slide a weight off the bar onto my toes.

Pauly
04-11-2006, 01:41 AM
He is on the cap for 24 million and 9 million in salary. If he gets hurt there they owe him the full amount. They have been working on a deal for 3 months and McNair has become less then agreeable.

If they get a new contract done then there is no issues. Its not unclassy, its smart. Cannot mortgage your entire team over a player who hasnt even been able to practice with his teammates the past two years becase he has become increasingly fragile. Another injury now, under that contrac - in spring, can sink them.

The reason why he's such a big cap hit this year is that he has repeatedly restructured his contract in order to get the Titans under the cap in previous years. All the backloading and deferred bonuses are coming home to roost. I can understand McNair not being agreeable to restructuring because he's worked for less than what he was worth in the past because of promises to make it up to him in the future.

The Titans have promised McNair that they will pay hm what he's worth, and now the check has come in they don't like it. In my books thats a Titans problem, not a McNair problem.

BAMAPHIN 22
04-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Up in arms

The NFL Players Association filed a grievance against the Titans on behalf of Steve McNair (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/3114), accusing the team of breaching the quarterback's contract when it barred him from working out at its facility.

McNair was told last Monday that he couldn't work out at the Titans' training property until his contract is reworked. If he McNair got hurt during the offseason workouts, the Titans would be on the hook for all of his $23.46 million salary cap figure for 2006.

The NFLPA filed a grievance for breach of contract on McNair's behalf late Friday, general counsel Richard Berthelsen said.
"He has a contract and he wants to comply with that contract, especially that part that says he must remain in excellent physical condition and give the best of his ability to the club," Berthelsen said. "And they're trying to keep him from fulfilling that function for the sole reason they want him to renegotiate his contract so they have a better deal with him."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/04/10/players.union.mcnair.ap/index.html

josephreese
04-11-2006, 02:55 PM
The reason why he's such a big cap hit this year is that he has repeatedly restructured his contract in order to get the Titans under the cap in previous years. All the backloading and deferred bonuses are coming home to roost. I can understand McNair not being agreeable to restructuring because he's worked for less than what he was worth in the past because of promises to make it up to him in the future.

The Titans have promised McNair that they will pay hm what he's worth, and now the check has come in they don't like it. In my books thats a Titans problem, not a McNair problem.

Well put.

TexPhinPhan
04-14-2006, 09:31 PM
as an old time Oiler fan I can tell you that Bud Adams is a big pile of classless _____ fill in the blank. The screw job he did on Houston was unbelievable.

Having said this I always liked Fischer. It sounded like from some of the quotes from Fischer and Reese, who were not in town when McNair was barred, that they did not know it had happened. It was reported n the Houston paper that this was Bud's doing