PDA

View Full Version : South Park Rips Family Guy

TerryTate
04-05-2006, 10:34 PM
And takes indirect shots at network execs.

As much as I like Family Guy, South Park has always been my top TV show of choice. After the way it opened up with the Chef fiasco and now this, it's safe to say that I think South Park is going to make a big return.

They also did a massive cliffhanger, which makes me wonder if they are going to screw everyone like they did back in season two with the "who is Cartman's Father" two episodes, where they had a Terrence and Phillip episode sandwiched between.

Roman529
04-05-2006, 10:38 PM
First they bust on Chef/Isaac Hayes and now this. :moon: :tongueout

Pagan
04-05-2006, 10:41 PM
It wasn't a goof on Family Guy, it was a poke at their own network for pulling the Scientology episode off the air.

Rocky Raccoon
04-05-2006, 10:43 PM
I really can't stand South Park anymore. I used to watch it all the time the first few seasons...but now I just think it's gotten incredibly stupid.

tucker
04-05-2006, 10:51 PM
i love south park, but family guy is more or my sense of humor

Agent51
04-05-2006, 10:53 PM

As much as I like Family Guy, South Park has always been my top TV show of choice. After the way it opened up with the Chef fiasco and now this, it's safe to say that I think South Park is going to make a big return.

They also did a massive cliffhanger, which makes me wonder if they are going to screw everyone like they did back in season two with the "who is Cartman's Father" two episodes, where they had a Terrence and Phillip episode sandwiched between.

No examples of how they ripped on Family Guy :confused:

backpacker
04-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Aw crap. I kept telling myself to watch this, but didn't. If someone finds it on youtube, pass the link to me please.

bullseyeguy
04-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Aw crap. I kept telling myself to watch this, but didn't. If someone finds it on youtube, pass the link to me please.Its not like it wont be on 50 more times this week...

wazzy
04-05-2006, 11:09 PM
How did the cut up family guy? What happened what did they say?

Majpain
04-06-2006, 12:04 AM
God oh god get rid of South Park for the love of god!Family Guy has always been better than south Park in every way possible.

d-day
04-06-2006, 01:06 AM

that terence and phillips episode pissed everyone off but i thought it was one of their best shows, and it was fun laughing at everyone who got so upset...

southpark :yes:

King Felix
04-06-2006, 01:09 AM
God oh god get rid of South Park for the love of god!Family Guy has always been better than south Park in every way possible.:shakeno:

HysterikiLL
04-06-2006, 01:10 AM
Man South Park is 10x better than it used to be in the first few seasons. I just downloaded the episode where they buy weapons and turn into japanese samurai cartoons and the one that spoofs Hurricane Katrina.

"Dad, are they going to help those people who are stranded from their homes?"
"I blame FEMA. Where was their response?"
"I blame the Bush administration"
"Umm...dad....are they going to help those people"
"That's not what matters now, son. What matters now is figuring out who is to blame".

:rofl:

Blade
04-06-2006, 01:28 AM
Man South Park is 10x better than it used to be in the first few seasons. I just downloaded the episode where they buy weapons and turn into japanese samurai cartoons and the one that spoofs Hurricane Katrina.

"That's not what matters now, son. What matters now is figuring out who is to blame".

That episode was sweet.

I think South Park is still the best cartoon airing right now. I missed the end of tonights show but it started off funny and then i fell alseep.

d-day
04-06-2006, 01:32 AM

one of the best ones ever - cartman takes off all his clothes because he thought it would make him invisible as he tiptoed across a stage with a few thousand watching... :lol:

CalDolFan10x14
04-06-2006, 02:06 AM
one of the best ones ever - cartman takes off all his clothes because he thought it would make him invisible as he tiptoed across a stage with a few thousand watching... :lol:

:sidelol: That was a hilarious episode!

ADDICTED-19
04-06-2006, 02:09 AM
I Like Both , They Both Make Me Laugh When So Little Does..

Yes They Both Miss Here And There But Both Are Funny..

HysterikiLL
04-06-2006, 02:35 AM

'if you look really closely, you see a really really really small peepee :lol:

Ohio Fanatic
04-06-2006, 06:44 AM
i love south park, but family guy is more or my sense of humor

yeah, SP used to be really funnny, now it's just boring. I used to only moderately like FG, but now I think it's hilarious. I must be getting too old.

Fin_Fanatic
04-06-2006, 09:14 AM
both shows are great IMO, and it didnt seem like SP was bad mouthing FG, just friendly joking....

mor911
04-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Both shows are funny as hell. I prefer Family Guy because most of the time I feel like South Park tries too hard to push the envelope... If your only angle in a show is "Let's see how many people we can offend this week" then there's work to be done.

305TillIDie
04-06-2006, 09:25 AM
:sidelol: That was a hilarious episode!

yeah..that was classic.. that goddamn cartman:sidelol:

DrAstroZoom
04-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Both shows are funny as hell. I prefer Family Guy because most of the time I feel like South Park tries too hard to push the envelope... If your only angle in a show is "Let's see how many people we can offend this week" then there's work to be done.

I take it you're back. :wink:

PeaTearGriffin
04-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Speaking of Family Guy, the newest one seemed like they were starting to get back into there grove....there were so many great quotes....plus these guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E6Gtume1h4&search=family%20guy

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-06-2006, 11:30 AM
both shows are great IMO, and it didnt seem like SP was bad mouthing FG, just friendly joking....
not at all. matt and trey (creators of south park) have publicly stated how much they hate family guy for years. the simpsons writers have said the same thing. last night's show said exactly what i've been saying all along. and cartman's speech about how much he hates it when people say he has a sense of humor like FG, is similar to something trey said in an interview a little while ago, in that he hates it when people group south park and FG together. i liked the first season, maybe season and a half of family guy, but since then, it's just been a bunch of flashbacks and 80s references, all within the plot of something the simpsons did years ago.

mor911
04-06-2006, 11:42 AM
not at all. matt and trey (creators of south park) have publicly stated how much they hate family guy for years. the simpsons writers have said the same thing. last night's show said exactly what i've been saying all along. and cartman's speech about how much he hates it when people say he has a sense of humor like FG, is similar to something trey said in an interview a little while ago, in that he hates it when people group south park and FG together. i liked the first season, maybe season and a half of family guy, but since then, it's just been a bunch of flashbacks and 80s references, all within the plot of something the simpsons did years ago.
The flashbacks arte the best part of Family Guy

DrAstroZoom
04-06-2006, 11:42 AM
The biggest rip on Family Guy is that the flashback jokes its known for are total non sequitirs and are pretty much interchangeable, suggesting lazy writing.

The South Park episode was fantastic. My favorite segment was the Big Wheel chase. I, too agree, we may be being set up for something other than a legitimate second part next week.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-06-2006, 11:55 AM
:rolleyes2 once in a while is fine, but now they have them every other joke. they don't even have jokes now, JUST flashbacks.

it seems seth macfarlane is more focused on american dad (a much better show), and rightly so, as when he started working on american dad, family guy was still cancelled, so they had to scrap together a bunch of crap for family guy apparently.

Gonzo
04-06-2006, 11:57 AM

I didn't know that. That changes my theory that they were just messing around with friends in F.G. The funny thing is is that this will make me watch Family Guy more often (rarely have time for TV) just to see a response.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-06-2006, 12:04 PM
The South Park episode was fantastic. My favorite segment was the Big Wheel chase. I, too agree, we may be being set up for something other than a legitimate second part next week.
the big wheel chase was awesome. :lol: if only for the cops skidding like mad. next week's episode should be fun. i doubt they have even written it yet, so who knows what will happen.

Rocky Raccoon
04-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Family Guy > South Park

FinaciousOne
04-06-2006, 12:22 PM
'if you look really closely, you see a really really really small peepee :lol:

:eek: You looked???:shakeno:

Gonzo
04-06-2006, 12:24 PM
:eek: You looked???:shakeno:

he paused.:chuckle:

Clark Kent
04-06-2006, 12:44 PM
The episode cliffhanger was a fake, IMO. I think they just wanted to rib on CC.

Pagan
04-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Family Guy > South Park
Does it really matter which one is better?

Never knew it was a competition. :rolleyes:

They're both good shows.

PeaTearGriffin
04-06-2006, 05:29 PM

They're both good shows.

i agree i still watch both all the time

FinsNCanes
04-06-2006, 05:36 PM
It wasn't a goof on Family Guy, it was a poke at their own network for pulling the Scientology episode off the air.

Atleast someone got it:D

Rocky Raccoon
04-06-2006, 05:38 PM

They're both good shows.

does it matter? No

I just stated that I like Family Guy more, what's the problem? :confused:

Pagan
04-06-2006, 07:01 PM
does it matter? No

I just stated that I like Family Guy more, what's the problem? :confused:
Didn't mean to pick on you bro per se...I thought the ">" thing meant it was better.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Atleast someone got it:D
i'm sure it was both.

Dors156
04-06-2006, 07:18 PM
it shows on the next episode where cartman gets to the family guy studio and finds out who the writers are.who do you think they are.i think the crap people make a retuurn

In_Flames
04-06-2006, 07:23 PM
it shows on the next episode where cartman gets to the family guy studio and finds out who the writers are.who do you think they are.i think the crap people make a retuurn

not so sure about the 'crap people' but it quite possibly could be the crab people...:D :wink:

Dors156
04-06-2006, 07:33 PM
not so sure about the 'crap people' but it quite possibly could be the crab people...:D :wink:

:sidelol: o man my bad crab people:wink:

Dors156
04-06-2006, 07:35 PM

thats what makes the show.i love the flash backs

In_Flames
04-06-2006, 07:44 PM
thats what makes the show.i love the flash backs

especially that one where Peter went to get some tea from Mr.T with his pal Muhammad...:tongue: :wink: :D

phinpunk14
04-06-2006, 08:52 PM
taste like crab, talk like people.... crab people, crab people.

Agent51
04-06-2006, 09:08 PM
especially that one where Peter went to get some tea from Mr.T with his pal Muhammad...:tongue: :wink: :D

Speaking of Flashback, who could POSSIBLY forget "the last time he took a coupon from a chicken" :sidelol: , the chicken fights are the BEST. I almost choked on my drink when the 2nd chicken fight happened during one of the first "comeback" episodes.

Dors156
04-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Speaking of Flashback, who could POSSIBLY forget "the last time he took a coupon from a chicken" :sidelol: , the chicken fights are the BEST. I almost choked on my drink when the 2nd chicken fight happened during one of the first "comeback" episodes.

i totally didnt expect it either:lol:

Dors156
04-06-2006, 09:45 PM
it was so random i was just wathing it and all the sudden so fast the chiken came out

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-06-2006, 09:47 PM
yep. and they fought for 3 minutes. hysterical...

In_Flames
04-06-2006, 09:51 PM

Classic Family Guy moment...:lol:

Dors156
04-06-2006, 10:00 PM
yep. and they fought for 3 minutes. hysterical...

it seems like an eternity when they do:lol:

Rocky Raccoon
04-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Didn't mean to pick on you bro per se...I thought the ">" thing meant it was better.

well I just meant it to mean that I prefer Family Guy to South Park. Sorry for the confusion bro :wink:

In_Flames
04-06-2006, 10:08 PM

kind of like:

Real Woman > Inflatable Woman

to me the real woman is greater..most of the time.:D

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-07-2006, 12:27 AM
it seems like an eternity when they do:lol:
which is why it's not funny.

PeaTearGriffin
04-07-2006, 10:33 AM
which is why it's not funny.

they are funny, like when they did the whole indiana jones part, but i think that people make it seem funnier then it really is(some think its the best FG scene)

Agent51
04-07-2006, 04:38 PM
they are funny, like when they did the whole indiana jones part, but i think that people make it seem funnier then it really is(some think its the best FG scene)

Definately not the best scene, but it is a classic scene just because it was like a "part 2" scene.

Another great, and VERY surprising "flashback" of sorts was when Brian did the "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" dance for Peter. WOW, lol, that was COMPLETELY unexpected. It wasn't a flashback in Family Guy itself, but it was a flashback to that little moment in time when that song was all the rage. I wonder if they will spoof the "Numa Numa Dance" anytime soon, lol.

PeaTearGriffin
04-08-2006, 01:35 AM
Definately not the best scene, but it is a classic scene just because it was like a "part 2" scene.

Another great, and VERY surprising "flashback" of sorts was when Brian did the "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" dance for Peter. WOW, lol, that was COMPLETELY unexpected. It wasn't a flashback in Family Guy itself, but it was a flashback to that little moment in time when that song was all the rage. I wonder if they will spoof the "Numa Numa Dance" anytime soon, lol.

thats a GREAT scene...its would be hard to pick the best flashback, there are so many good ones

Agent51
04-08-2006, 02:39 AM
thats a GREAT scene...its would be hard to pick the best flashback, there are so many good ones

Yea, I agree. The thing with Familt Guy is I was a fan since it was ORIGINALLY on FOX, then they cancelled it and it ended up being shown on Cartoon Network and THEN it became the phenomenon it is today. It's all cool and I'm glad it blew up because it got my favorite show ever to come back, but during the time it was cancelled I was begining to get SO sick of the episodes on Cartoon Network. Not only had I already seen them all when they originally aired, but I also had both boxed sets, PLUS they were cycling them over and over on Cartoon Network. I was beginging to get pretty tired of them. Then when the new ones started I was DYING of laughter. I like the new ones even BETTER than the old ones, although I haven't fully figurd out if it is just because they are new and I haven't seen em 34827349827 times each, or if they are ACTUALLY funnier, lol.

Another great flashback is from the most recent one where he flashes back to him in prison doing the "Milkshake" dance :sidelol: .

Speaking of new episodes, what is the deal with them airing a new one, then like 3 weeks of an older "new" one (like a repeat of one from the new seasons) then a new one then 2 weeks of repeats and so on? Why aren't they just showing all the new ones in order? And where did American Dad go, that show is damn funny too. I still like FG better though, maybe because I haven't grown to "love" (lol) any of the American Dad characters yet like I have with Peter, Brian, Stewie, and Quagmyer

PeaTearGriffin
04-08-2006, 10:12 AM
i also have been watching it from the beginning, but i did miss some because they kept moving it around. I barely ever watched them on cartoon network, but i do have both box sets(bought them the first day they came out). However, i never get sick of them, there are certain episodes that i just don't watch much but i could still pretty much watch them over and over again and still laugh at parts.

Yea that was the newest one. That whole episode i think has been the best "new" episode they've done so far. There were a lot of great parts to it like the milkshake part, like the lee harvey oswald, and when lois and peter play role-play. :sidelol: Stewie saying to the bully, "Hey, where did you get the pete rose hair cut."

I'm pretty sure American Dad's season is over, thats just a guess, but its based on seeing an ad for the complete first season on dvd. It makes me mad too, every sunday i get ready for it(i don't have availability for work because of Family guy, is that bad?) to find out its a older one. According to there calendar there is a new one tomorrow night, and then next week a old one, and then the next two weeks are new episodes, so this should be a good month.

ps. We need an Official Family Guy thread

SKing29
04-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I watched the South Park vs Family Guy episode and I thought it was obvious that SP was ripping on how Comedy Central pulled the Scientology episode because of Tom Cruise. Also them saying FG had an interchangeable plot, well the same has been said of SP. I seen the episode also as a free speech episode, because they made numerous comments on the repression of free speech on television. They might have been ripping on FG but I seen it all as friendly joking.

As for Family Guy, I love that freaking show! The flashbacks are definitely the best parts. But I like the one intro that mimicks the Simpsons intro. and Stewie runs over Homer Simpson, that was great. Also I would like to ask everyone else's favorite episode: Mine would have to be the one where they go to the deep south when Chris is in the witness protection program. I believe the episode is called "To live and die in Dixie".

PeaTearGriffin
04-08-2006, 02:58 PM
To Love and die in dixie thats a good one.
"Aww the deep south? Isn't that the place where the black guys are really lazy and all the white guys are just as lazy but they're mad at the black guys for being so lazy?"
best.quote.ever

For me The Thin White Line

backpacker
04-08-2006, 03:04 PM
The best line from Family Guy is from the episode when Stewie is in acting school. He's sitting down with the little snob girl and he gets up to leave with Lois and turns back and says "Well I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total *****."

Agent51
04-08-2006, 04:55 PM
To Love and die in dixie thats a good one.
"Aww the deep south? Isn't that the place where the black guys are really lazy and all the white guys are just as lazy but they're mad at the black guys for being so lazy?"
best.quote.ever

For me The Thin White Line

I love in that episode when they make the General Lee and they go to get in Duke's Of Hazzard style and Brian's window is up and he gets knocked out :sidelol:. I forgot which episode it was but in one of the new ones Brian does something to Peter and goes "That's for rolling the window up on me when we were getting into the General Lee".

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Yeah, I watched the South Park vs Family Guy episode and I thought it was obvious that SP was ripping on how Comedy Central pulled the Scientology episode because of Tom Cruise. Also them saying FG had an interchangeable plot, well the same has been said of SP. I seen the episode also as a free speech episode, because they made numerous comments on the repression of free speech on television. They might have been ripping on FG but I seen it all as friendly joking.
it's not the interchangeable plot, it's the jokes that are interchangeable. they just do some random flashback or make fun of a random celebrity or use some random 80's pop culture reference. there really are no actual jokes, it's just a grab bag of ideas the writers were too lazy to use coherently. and there's nothing friendly about it, the SP guys really hate family guy.

Agent51
04-08-2006, 07:37 PM
it's not the interchangeable plot, it's the jokes that are interchangeable. they just do some random flashback or make fun of a random celebrity or use some random 80's pop culture reference. there really are no actual jokes, it's just a grab bag of ideas the writers were too lazy to use coherently. and there's nothing friendly about it, the SP guys really hate family guy.

Do YOU really hate family guy too, cuz it sure seems like it. You think South Park isn't the same way? Yea, cuz South Park has never recycled jokes/overdone tired subject matter. It seems to me liek the only point of South Park now is to try and see what they can possibly do to offend people, and it's getting old. I like the show, but if anything is "tired subject matter" it's their stuff. The voices get really annoying, the poop and other 1st grade jokes are pretty boring and played out, and the instantly making fun of whatever is the hot topic in the enws isn't exactly "creative writing" either. It's just as lazy, if not MORE lazy, than the Family Guy writers. At least the FG writers need to actually THINK for their "obscure 80s references", all SP writers need to do is turn on the TV and be like "hey, lets do a show about THAT" and then find ways to word it so it pisses a lot of people off, all while cartmen says "you stupid Jew" 238947238957 times an episode" and Kenny dies and someone poops or throws up or gets blown up with guts everywhere. The show is funny (although I find it less and less entertaining as time goes on) but it seems liek it has MUCH lazier writing and recycled content than FG. FG is funny because of its cracks at pop culture and 80s references, and they prolly offend some people in their jokes, but SP is "funny" because you are like "did they really just say that?" and that's it, there isn't really any weight to SP's content.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-08-2006, 07:59 PM
sounds like you've never watched south park. they're hardly trying to just offend everyone. that's family guy's sole purpose. and how you can possibly say trying to form a unique story and plot around a current event or hot topic is more simple than just throwing random pop culture jokes together, then it's clear you're just reaching here. and to say there isn't any weight to SP's content...that's ALL it is. it's all about a bigger message, a more broad perspective of the world. the non-80s references/flashback jokes in family guy are about peter falling and hurting his knee, a greased up deaf guy, etc. nothing creative, nothing original, nothing that takes any sort of talent. even the animation is horrible.

The show's animation has also come under fire by Ren & Stimpy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ren_and_Stimpy_Show) creator John Kricfalusi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kricfalusi), who expressed concern over the fact that the current generation of aspiring animators will be negatively influenced by the animation present in Family Guy: "If you're a kid wanting to be a cartoonist today, and you're looking at Family Guy, you don't have to aim very high. You can draw Family Guy when you're ten years old. You don't have to get any better than that to become a professional cartoonist. The standards are extremely low." and for the record, south park isn't the only one to hate family guy.

O: You've talked a lot about The Simpsons as a formative inspiration. You're on the same network; do you have a relationship with the series?
SM: Apparently they hate our guts. I'm not sure why. I've said this before, but that show, at its best, is up there with the best episodes of All In The Family, Mary Tyler Moore, and Dick Van Dyke, I think. I was reading a quote from one of the writers, from a lecture that he gave, that said "The Simpsons staff hates Family Guy." Who knows why? I'm not losing any sleep over it.
Kevin Smith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Smith) and David Mandel (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=David_Mandel&action=edit) creator and co-producer of Clerks: The Animated Series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clerks:_The_Animated_Series)), have gone on record as Family Guy haters: in the final episode (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Episode_Ever) of their cartoon they included a scene in which a bad comedy writer consults a book entitled "How To Write Cartoons by Seth MacFarlane." Upon consulting the book, he suggests that the writers send the characters to Gilligan's Island (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilligan%27s_Island) and make gay jokes about them, illustrating their opinion that the show lazily attempts to disguise poor writing by alternating between pop-culture references and offensive humor. Interestingly, Family Guy actually did something very close to this later on, in "The Perfect Castaway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Perfect_Castaway)" in which the four main male leads from the show, Peter, Joe, Cleveland, and Quagmire get stranded on a deserted island and make jokes and get into situations all related to being gay. On the DVD commentary to Clerks: The Animated Series, Smith refers to Family Guy as the show's nemesis. When it is pointed out that Family Guy won an Emmy, Mandel refers to it as "Emmy Award-winning ****."
and yes, i do hate family guy. the show feels like something that's been extremely dumbed down for the most unintelligent people out there. "we can't get you to laugh at real jokes, so here's something you'll remember from when you were a kid, so you'll love it based on the memory alone! and if that doesn't work, here's a guy falling on his face in 2 frames of animation!"

the only good part of family guy these days is the musical scores, which are fantastic. seth macfarlane is a great musician.

for real humor, see arrested development, mr. show, curb your enthusiasm, etc.

SKing29
04-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Hey let me put this simply: "Both Family Guy and South Park are cartoons, nothing to get into fights about." As for all of the other animators hating Family Guy, well to me they're just jealous because they're not number 1 and Family Guy is. I can say I have never heard of Clerks: The Series (please tell me it isn't buy the guys who played Jay and Silent Bob), and last I heard Arrested Development was cancelled (it was a great show though) and I've never heard of Mr. Show. But still FG and SP are just cartoons.

Agent51
04-08-2006, 10:10 PM
sounds like you've never watched south park. they're hardly trying to just offend everyone. that's family guy's sole purpose. and how you can possibly say trying to form a unique story and plot around a current event or hot topic is more simple than just throwing random pop culture jokes together, then it's clear you're just reaching here. and to say there isn't any weight to SP's content...that's ALL it is. it's all about a bigger message, a more broad perspective of the world. the non-80s references/flashback jokes in family guy are about peter falling and hurting his knee, a greased up deaf guy, etc. nothing creative, nothing original, nothing that takes any sort of talent. even the animation is horrible.
and for the record, south park isn't the only one to hate family guy.

and yes, i do hate family guy. the show feels like something that's been extremely dumbed down for the most unintelligent people out there. "we can't get you to laugh at real jokes, so here's something you'll remember from when you were a kid, so you'll love it based on the memory alone! and if that doesn't work, here's a guy falling on his face in 2 frames of animation!"

the only good part of family guy these days is the musical scores, which are fantastic. seth macfarlane is a great musician.

for real humor, see arrested development, mr. show, curb your enthusiasm, etc.

Yea, I've definately seen southpark, and those article you link to don't do a very good job in proving your point. Family Guy sets the bar low for future animators? HAHAHA, ok, South Park was originally done with friggin' construction paper cutouts, that takes REAL skill, especially since all they did was add a bunch of those cutouts to computer files and now they mix and match them to make the animations :rolleyes2. The Simpsons aren't much different than Family Guy either, in both animation quality and content. The Simpsons have been doing the same thing over and over for MUCH longer than Family Guy. Family Guy is just more "edgy" than the Simpsons because the Simpsons don't usually have things that offend people. Family Guy is a thousand times more funny than the Simpsons ever were or ever will be. You hate Family Guy because it is "dumbed down" for people yet you LIKE South Park, who's jokes revolve around 3rd grade humor like talking poops? HA, ok buddy. So by saying Family Guy is "dumbed down" are you implying that Family Guy's fanbase is of lower intelligence than you? And who are you to judge what "real humor" is? Those shows you named aren't even that great. Arrested Developement definately has it's moments but the other two are a waste of time. "Real Humor" is anything that makes you laugh, so while FG may not do it for you, it does do it for others, so much so that it was BROUGHT BACK after being cancelled, therefore it IS "real humor". The correct way to write your statement would be saying it isn't humorous to YOU, not that it isn;t real humor. I'm not trying to be a dick or start a fight here, but don't defend why you say a show is horrible with examples of other shows that are not an improvement. You defend South Park over Family Guy and you say Family Guy is "dumbed down" and provide examples as to why FG is ba for the future of animation, yet South Park's animation is HORRID, and their Huor is on a grade school "potty mouth" level with some adult humor thrown in about whatever may be happening at the time. Doesn't really help your argument

Agent51
04-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Hey let me put this simply: "Both Family Guy and South Park are cartoons, nothing to get into fights about." As for all of the other animators hating Family Guy, well to me they're just jealous because they're not number 1 and Family Guy is. I can say I have never heard of Clerks: The Series (please tell me it isn't buy the guys who played Jay and Silent Bob), and last I heard Arrested Development was cancelled (it was a great show though) and I've never heard of Mr. Show. But still FG and SP are just cartoons.

Oh I know they are just cartoons, and I'm not trying to fight, I'm just trying to say that all the things he said are wrong with Family Guy are WORSE in South Park (like the crude animation and childish humor and the recyled content). I watch both shows, but I could EASILY go without South Park, I can't go without Family Guy, lol. I'm sure it's the other way around for some other people, and that's fine, just because you like one more than the other doesn't mean the other sucks. They are too similar in styles to bash one and praise the other. And I completely agree on the jealousy thing. Family Guy has accomplished in a couple years what the Simpsons and South Park have been trying to do forever, and that is make a great show with a huge following. They just seem pissed because FG did it MUCH quicker than they did.

SKing29
04-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Don't worry Agent I was directing the post at you, I was directing it at the guy that was geting ready to pop a vein over his hate for Family Guy.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-08-2006, 10:36 PM
well there's really no point in arguing with agent about this anymore, he just makes things up to prove his point. saying south park is all about "3rd grade poop humor" just proves my point. and saying family guy has good animation when an actual ANIMATOR says it's horrible is ironic. and yes, south park used construction paper for their animation (for one episode), and now use computers. that means nothing when talking of the quality of the animation. oh well, enjoy lazy mediocrity.

Agent51
04-08-2006, 10:55 PM
well there's really no point in arguing with agent about this anymore, he just makes things up to prove his point. saying south park is all about "3rd grade poop humor" just proves my point. and saying family guy has good animation when an actual ANIMATOR says it's horrible is ironic. and yes, south park used construction paper for their animation (for one episode), and now use computers. that means nothing when talking of the quality of the animation. oh well, enjoy lazy mediocrity.

1: DOn't say I said Family Guy has GOOD animation, because I didn't, I said it is BETTER than South Parks, and on par with the simpsons, so if some high and mighty animator thinks FG is sending animation down the drain than SP and the Simpsons should be included. OK, so SP used construction papaer "on one episode" (which by the way wasn't JUST for one episode, go watch the documentray and get your facts right) but then they just took a bunch of construction paper cutout shapes and put em in a computer and now when they make the shows it is on the computer but still done looking like it is with contruction paper, so who has horrid animation now? Just because ONE animator says it's bad doesn't mean anything, there were musicians who said the beatles and jimi hendrix and led zeppelin and metallica were horrible, and even if you don't liek any of them you can't deny that they are amazing musicians (I don't like metallica, but they are good, and were very influential, and i can't deny that), so the OPINION of ONE person doesn't mean that's how it really is. I'm a real bartender and a sponsored surfer and play guitar in 2 bands, but just because I say another bartender sucks, another surfer is doing "lazy" moves
that will make future surfers lazy, and another guitarist has crappy chord progressions doesn't mean I am right, it's an OPINION, just like the animator in that article had an OPINION on FG's animation.

2: I didn't "make up" anything. Your own words were FG is "dumbed down" yet it is more adult oriented than SP. I have not seen ONE episode of south park where poop, vomit, or guts or something hasn't been mentioned/shown. That's very 3rd grade to me. One of their charaters is a talking Xmass poop, c'mon. They did a whole episode on how people crap themselves when they die, pretty childish compared to me. Not to mention Kenny dies every episode, and kyle is a "stupid Jew" about 97 times per half hour, so there is your gross misuse of the same tired jokes. Plus south park DOES just try to offend, look what they just did, they got in trouble for the scientology thing so what did they do, made a show about netwoks censoring and censored the FG parady by covering up the muhammad. It gets old when ALL your show does is try to make fun of touchy subjects (like the president and hurricane katrina and cloning and whatever else the "hot topic" is at the time of writing the episode):shakeno:. Family guy will poke fun at current events, but it isn't NEARLY as often as SP. I like SP, but it doesn't have anything that Family Guy doesnt do much much better IN MY OPINION

ih8brady
04-09-2006, 06:14 AM
I keep missing the first half of this episode whenever its shown. Is there a link to a downloadable/watchable version of this episode?

lazareth
04-09-2006, 06:43 AM
i like family guy
i like south park

...carry on

Majpain
04-10-2006, 12:41 AM
Guys here is the bit southpark did on family guy if your intrested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnnkO-M26wU&feature=Views&page=1&t=t&f=b

In_Flames
04-10-2006, 12:42 AM
Guys here is the bit southpark did on family guy if your intrested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnnkO-M26wU&feature=Views&page=1&t=t&f=b

good find, thanks man...:wink:

DrAstroZoom
04-13-2006, 10:25 AM
So ... what did you all think of part 2?

Dors156
04-13-2006, 10:37 AM
So ... what did you all think of part 2?

manatees:lol:idea balls.they get very upset when you take and idea ball away:lol:and bart simpson was on that show that was cool

finsrule84
04-13-2006, 10:58 AM
"Cowabunga mother******!"

nick1
04-13-2006, 11:01 AM
the Simpsons is my favorite show, I don't get south park

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-13-2006, 11:50 AM
it was awesome. obviously the show's intent was to describe the plight SP had taken with the network over the scientology episode. but they had no problem making fun of family guy in the process. manatees. :lol: that's awesome.

DrAstroZoom
04-13-2006, 11:53 AM
But within the Scientology debate, it looks like they started a new controversy because Comedy Central wouldn't show Mohammed.

tucker
04-13-2006, 12:10 PM
was it comedy central or part of the show?

DrAstroZoom
04-13-2006, 12:16 PM
The Family Guy scene was supposed to show Peter going to the door and giving a salmon helmet to Mohammed. When he opened the door, a black screen came up with white type that said:

"In this shot, Peter gives Mohammed a salmon helmet."

"Comedy Central has refused to show a depiction of Mohammed."

Makes me think it's real.

outtawack311
04-13-2006, 02:08 PM
It seemed part of the show to me. Poking fun at comedy central refusing to show scientology episode and the bloody mary episode.

In_Flames
04-13-2006, 02:09 PM
was it comedy central or part of the show?

I was wondering the same thing, But I agree with the Dr., I think it was real...

finsrule84
04-13-2006, 02:20 PM
of course it wasn't real, Trey Parker and Matt Stone might be insane, but they know better than to do something like that

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-13-2006, 02:20 PM
it wasn't real. a classic south park move. especially after they "censored" it and everyone was like "hey that wasn't so bad!" of course they wouldn't show it.

DrAstroZoom
04-13-2006, 02:35 PM
of course it wasn't real, Trey Parker and Matt Stone might be insane, but they know better than to do something like that

Don't be too sure (http://officersclub.blogspot.com/2006/04/south-park-takes-on-mohammed-cartoons.html)

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Don't be too sure (http://officersclub.blogspot.com/2006/04/south-park-takes-on-mohammed-cartoons.html)
that doesn't really say anything...

DrAstroZoom
04-13-2006, 04:30 PM
that doesn't really say anything...

Then maybe you'll believe this.

'South Park' takes on own network over ban (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12303873/)

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-13-2006, 04:33 PM
that guy from the catholic anti-whatever league had a great quote. :lol:

i don't think they were going to show muhammed there. it's not like they put it in, and comedy central said "nope, gotta cut it out" and thye just put the message up. they were told beforehand they couldn't do it, so they concocted a scene where they could fit in the censorship message. the jesus crapping on the flag was a clear indication of the hypocrisy CC shows.

DrAstroZoom
04-13-2006, 04:37 PM
that guy from the catholic anti-whatever league had a great quote. :lol:

"Little whores." :lol:

Even though I was offended by what they did with the image of Christ, I appreciate it was a tactic for exposing a double-standard.

After watching that and Carlos Mencia back-to-back, I commented to Mrs. Z: Isn't it interesting that a comedy network hosts and provokes the most honest and constructive discussions on social and political issues?

Agent51
04-13-2006, 04:46 PM
"As is often the case with Parker and Stone, they built "South Park" around the incidentAs is often the case with Parker and Stone, they built "South Park" around the incident"

That kinda proves my point in the argument before that South Park just takes whatever touchy current events are going on and turns them into a show.

As far as this goes, it is kinda ridiculous. It seems like Comedy Central LOVED the controversy surrounding the show when it makes them tons of money by generating a huge fan base, yet now they want to censor the very thing that they craved more and more of throughout the year.

The "little whores" quote was funny and I GARUNTEE we see a response to that in a near future episode

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-13-2006, 04:48 PM
well they did address the "all they do is talk about current topics" thing last night, that was funny.

Agent51
04-13-2006, 04:49 PM
well they did address the "all they do is talk about current topics" thing last night, that was funny.

I missed the show, what happened?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-13-2006, 04:52 PM
kyle got a ride from a guy and then when he got out of the car, kyle thanked the guy, saying something like "thanks for helping me save family guy." and the guy said "no problem. i love family guy. they don't get all preachy talking about stuff going on in the world." something like that

NaboCane
04-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Only last week, "South Park" won broadcasting's prestigious Peabody. Awards director Horace Newcomb said at the time that by its offensiveness, the show "reminds us of the need for being tolerant."

Truer words were never written.

I thought the Jesus thing was over the top myself, even though I'm not Christian, but that's the cost - as well as the benefit - of free speech guranteed by the Constitution.

To take offense at one thing they do, if you haven't taken equal offense to every other time in which they've accurately skewered another religion, is hyppocritical and disingenuous, and typical of those who represent religions that value themselves and their interpretations of the gospels over the gospels themselves. Typical of most organized religions.

And Comedy Central had better watch their step, because Stone and Parker have made more than enough dough from the franchise, and they're likely to shut it down and walk away, leaving CC with The Daily Show, The Colbert Report - and then a bunch of crap that nobody cares if it's on or not.

Those two made Comedy Central, and they can unmake it too.

DrAstroZoom
04-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Truer words were never written.

I thought the Jesus thing was over the top myself, even though I'm not Christian, but that's the cost - as well as the benefit - of free speech guranteed by the Constitution.

To take offense at one thing they do, if you haven't taken equal offense to every other time in which they've accurately skewered another religion, is hyppocritical and disingenuous, and typical of those who represent religions that value themselves and their interpretations of the gospels over the gospels themselves. Typical of most organized religions.

And Comedy Central had better watch their step, because Stone and Parker have made more than enough dough from the franchise, and they're likely to shut it down and walk away, leaving CC with The Daily Show, The Colbert Report - and then a bunch of crap that nobody cares if it's on or not.

Those two made Comedy Central, and they can unmake it too.

I just blogged (http://drastrozoom.blogspot.com/2006/04/hate-sin-love-spinners.html) about this.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-13-2006, 05:09 PM
they may be wanting to get kicked off the network. they said many years ago that 10 seasons was a good enough run.

Dors156
04-13-2006, 05:22 PM
yea it was definately a joke when the black screen came up

DrAstroZoom
04-13-2006, 05:29 PM
yea it was definately a joke when the black screen came up

No, it wasn't. Read the "South Park takes on own network" link again.

Clark Kent
04-13-2006, 08:18 PM
I think the Jesus thing was perfect for the show...

Dr. Z, good point about CC (and SP and CM) telling it like it is and bringing up serious political discussion in a humerous way. Same goes with the Daily Show to an extent.

NaboCane
04-13-2006, 09:11 PM
I just blogged (http://drastrozoom.blogspot.com/2006/04/hate-sin-love-spinners.html) about this.

Nice, Doc :wink:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-14-2006, 12:36 AM
http://zvbxrpl.blogspot.com/2004/09/why-i-hate-family-guy.html

Agent51
04-14-2006, 02:43 AM
http://zvbxrpl.blogspot.com/2004/09/why-i-hate-family-guy.html

I already stated that NOBODY that says South Park is a great show but Family Guy sucks has any creditibility. You cannot bash Family Guy's animation while saying South Park is a great show, South Park's animation WAS, and still LOOKS like, construction paper, and they don't have many expressions either, so that point is null and void.

You can't bash Family Guy's "recycled humor" and yet defend South Park because Family Guy doesn't recycle material NEARLY as much as South Park (how many times has Kenny died and Kyle been called a stupid Jew?).

You cannot bash Family Guy's "uninspired an lazy" writing because all the do is make pop culture references when you defend South Park when all their "writing" is is turning on the news or reading a newspaper, seein a current event, writing the most offensive things they can possibly think of, and then making sure they fill their "shut up you stupid jew" quota. The most work the writers do is how to kill Kenny each episode, and that got old after, oh, the 8129743682156 time they've done it.

You cannot call Family Guy's humor "dumbed down" and defend South Park when EVER SINGLE EPISODE of South Park features poop and/or vomit references, and their characters include a "talking Xmass poop" etc etc, THAT's real sophistacted and "educated" humor :shakeno:.

Nobody claims Family Guy is new and innovative so to argue that its like the older cartoons is also null and void since nobody argued it WASN'T.

If you don't like Family Guy that is fine, nobody if forcing you do watch it, so just don't. But to bash Family Guy with those reasons and in the same sentence say how great South Park is is completely hypocritical when South Park does everything you say is bad about Family Guy but on a much worse level. If you wanna say negative things about Family Guy that's fine, but either don't bring up that you LIKE South Park or make sure you name flaws with Family Guy that aren't WORSE with South Park, because you lose all credibility when the show you are definding is a worse offender at the thing you bash another show for.

Agent51
04-14-2006, 02:47 AM
This guy's response pretty much nails it all:

"10. First of all, the idea of a small being of some sort having inhibitions (sp?) to take over the world is not in itself original, as it can be argued that bart simpson rips of a british cartoon called 'Dennis the menace' (Not the american counterpart though). Seth Macfarlane has stated that Rex Harrisson inspired stewies woice, and the 'football shaped' head that is the only real thing that a could see as actually being 'Ripped off' from that cartoon you linked, as the joke of a baby being articulate and coherent is in no way new, and was especially not created by that cartoon.

9. What you mentioned are not actual jokes, but themes. For example, using the actual same joke twice would justify your argument, but, bar some minor running jokes, I have yet to see the exact same joke being reused, therefore nullifying your argument.

8. Have you ever thought that this show could have been satirising these sitcom stereotypes with their characters? I have never seen any examples of writers 'Writing around' characters, and in fact, all characters have, to an extent, changed and evolved as the show goes on, for example the Stewie becoming more than a one dimensional 'evil genuis' figure. then, when these characters do anything outside the one dimension of them that you've based your opinions on, you call this writing 'out of character', so, in effect, you say that stewie is ripping off another character, and everything he does that makes him different from the character you claim he rips off must be 'out of character' for him. Is it not one of the signs of good writing to have characters that have multiple facets to them, any of which can be called upon at any time to deliver a joke?

7. I disagree, as the references are used as part of the comedy. If you took a reference and made it purely a reference, with no diolog or action, just the pop culture icon being present, THEN you'd have a point.

6. This point has no substance to it whatsoever. not only can he talk in a variety of tones for each voice, he can actually sing in all of them as well, in key and everything. This does not constitute 'monotone'

5. Here, you're taking a stereotype and assumoing it's an entire demographic, so i'm not even going to dignify this one with a response

4. I'm a fan. I don't consider it an innovation. many of my feinds are fans. they don't consider it a variation. most fans that I know like it because it is a spin on the saturday morning cartoon theme.

3. You're right about this one. except the falling down part.

2. This point seems like most of your other ones hashed together into one to make it come up to 10 reasons, so I don't need to retype anything here.

1. Well, someone must be buying it."

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-14-2006, 08:50 AM
i won't even address your ridiculous claims again.

http://www.grotto11.com/blog/archive/1085515157.shtml

DrAstroZoom
04-14-2006, 09:17 AM
That was a spooky link to the Jimmy Corrigan character.

I can sum up my SP/FG feeling really easily: The Family Guy usually makes me laugh. South Park usually makes me laugh, and it occasionally makes me think.

Phin-o-rama
04-14-2006, 09:48 AM
I can sum up my SP/FG feeling really easily: The Family Guy usually makes me laugh. South Park usually makes me laugh, and it occasionally makes me think.

well put...i agree

Agent51
04-14-2006, 05:06 PM
i won't even address your ridiculous claims again.

http://www.grotto11.com/blog/archive/1085515157.shtml

See, it's people like you that make arguing pointless. You won't address my ridiculous claims" because you have nothing to say back, everything you claim is wrong with Family Guy is wrong WORSE with South Park. I let this argument go once, and went back to having a NORMAL convo with you, but then you bring it up again and then say "you won't address my ridiculous claims again" and just post links to some idiot's blog. OOOOOOOO, so glad that 2 people blog about how they don't like Family Guy so suddenly it is the worst show ever :shakeno:. You aren't providing any FACTS to back up your arguments, as I am with mine, you just provide your OPINION and the OPINIONS of a "real" animator and 2 internet bloggers? If you don't wanna respond then stop bringing up the same tired argument, you are proving nothing but the fact that you, and 2 other people (the bloggers) dislike Family Guy. Good for you, we get it, if you don't like it, DON'T WATCH IT.

Agent51
04-14-2006, 05:08 PM
That was a spooky link to the Jimmy Corrigan character.

I'd agree with that. However, I'd change it to "Family Guy always make me laugh, South Park makes me laugh a lot, and sometimes think." But Family Guy doesn't TRY to make people think or bash on all sorts of current events. That doesn't make it a show for "dumb people" like UF claims.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-14-2006, 07:02 PM
See, it's people like you that make arguing pointless. You won't address my ridiculous claims" because you have nothing to say back, everything you claim is wrong with Family Guy is wrong WORSE with South Park. I let this argument go once, and went back to having a NORMAL convo with you, but then you bring it up again and then say "you won't address my ridiculous claims again" and just post links to some idiot's blog. OOOOOOOO, so glad that 2 people blog about how they don't like Family Guy so suddenly it is the worst show ever :shakeno:. You aren't providing any FACTS to back up your arguments, as I am with mine, you just provide your OPINION and the OPINIONS of a "real" animator and 2 internet bloggers? If you don't wanna respond then stop bringing up the same tired argument, you are proving nothing but the fact that you, and 2 other people (the bloggers) dislike Family Guy. Good for you, we get it, if you don't like it, DON'T WATCH IT.
actually a lot of people don't like family guy. here's some of the more in-depth stuff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Family_Guy

i'll address some other things you said:

- everything about family guy screams laziness and hackney.
- there are no "facts" here.
- the opinions of TWO "real" animators actually, including one who used to WORK ON FAMILY GUY. i've heard the simpsons guys talk about south park's animation with a lot of praise, mainly because they are ORIGINAL and not trying to pass it off like they put some effort into what they did.
- random 80's references completely unrelated to the story aren't funny. characters being written completely out of character after only one season isn't good. terrible animation isn't good. thus: family guy isn't good. time to grow up and watch something GOOD.

Agent51
04-14-2006, 07:29 PM
actually a lot of people don't like family guy. here's some of the more in-depth stuff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Family_Guy

i'll address some other things you said:

- everything about family guy screams laziness and hackney.
- there are no "facts" here.
- the opinions of TWO "real" animators actually, including one who used to WORK ON FAMILY GUY. i've heard the simpsons guys talk about south park's animation with a lot of praise, mainly because they are ORIGINAL and not trying to pass it off like they put some effort into what they did.
- random 80's references completely unrelated to the story aren't funny. characters being written completely out of character after only one season isn't good. terrible animation isn't good. thus: family guy isn't good. time to grow up and watch something GOOD.

Look up South Park and you can find just as much criticism so give it a rest already. For the 1348972348 time, if you don't like it fine, no need to start arguments about it or how much "better" a different show is. They are different humor styles, people have differnt likes/dislikes, it's obviously doing something right to have the following it does and to get brough BACK after years off and being cancelled, so while you may not like it, others do. I don't care what "real" animators say, it's their opinion, it doesn't make it bad. Neither the Simpsons nor South Park are making any leaps and bounds in the anaimation categorey, and just because South Park is original doesn't mean it's good, plus nobody said FG's animation was trying to be original. Give it a rest, the argument was over once, stop pushing it and pushing it with stupid internet blog's that are nothing but other's opinions. WOW, so mor epeople than you don't like FG, big deal, I have friends that love and friend's that don't watch it at all, doesn't change how much I like it, so what's the point? We all got the point, whoopty-do, UF hates family guy, great, congrats.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-14-2006, 08:12 PM
i simply posted a link to a blog about family guy, much like drastro did (his own). you keep looking for "facts" and downing my opinions, when that's all this argument is, a series of opinions. i actually provided SOME sort of backing quotes and thoughts to defend what i think. find some animators who like family guy's animation.

Agent51
04-15-2006, 12:28 AM
i simply posted a link to a blog about family guy, much like drastro did (his own). you keep looking for "facts" and downing my opinions, when that's all this argument is, a series of opinions. i actually provided SOME sort of backing quotes and thoughts to defend what i think. find some animators who like family guy's animation.

You are not getting it. I DO NOT NEED TO FIND ANIMATORS WHO LIKE FAMILY GUY BECAUSE I DON'T CARE IF ANIMATORS LIKE FAMILY GUY OR NOT. I really don't know how many times I need to say it. Providing backing quotes and thoughts of other people who dislike the show isn't defending what you think, it is just shwing that others think that too. TWO others. GREAT, for the millionth time who the hell cares? I know this argument is a series of opinions, and it was over 3 pages ago, til you decided to start posting more thinks about people who don't like Family Guy, but WHY, nobody CARES who likes FG, who likes SP or whatever, if you like the shows you like the shows, if you don't, you don't. Posting links to people who run on about why they don't like the show isn't gonna change anyone's mind.

And for the trillionth time, just because a "real" animator doesn't like the animation doesn't mean it's crap. There are REAL musicians who said Jimi Hendrix was crap, and he is a musical icon, so it really means nothing coming from a "real" animator or a regular person, they are both still OPINIONS. So what, a guy worked on FG and said "oh, they told me not to make a bunch of expressions and I don't want their eye shapes changing" etc etc. Yea, AND? That is they style that the creators wanted, it's the look they CHOSE to have. It doesn't mean it sucks.

This argument is getting old and I'm taking offense because you are saying "Family Guy's humor is 'dumbed down' for their audience" which is basically saying Family Guy's fans are dumb, which is calling ME dumb. Then all you do is throw back that "2 other BLOGGERS (who seem to rant about EVERYTHING, even that second kid said "blogs are meant to piss people off" or however he worded it) hate it and 2 REAL animators. So that makes a total of FIVE people "and a bunch of others" according to you, that have a problem with the show, which, in your eyes, apparently makes it true :shakeno:.

Don't keep comin at me (and other FG fans) with the "dumbed down" crap when the most recent episode of South Park had friggin JESUS crapping all over Bush and a pregnant lady come in going "ooo, I'm American and pregnant but not married". WOW, that's real "educated" humor. Trey and Matt aren't political geniuses, they don't even have any REAL political views, they just go completely against whatever "mainstream society" is believeing at the time.

As far as one of your links, it states how Seth Mcfarlane sucks at voice acting and Trey and Matt have "mastered all the different pitches foe their differenct characters while Seth is monotone" etc. PLEASE, all you have to do is watch South Parks very own damn documentary to prove that wrong. They didn't master anything, they say the lines and an audio guy goes in and chages the pitch to make it higher or lower depending on what's needed. Seth Mcfarlane can not only speak, but SING, ON KEY, in ALL his different voices, WITHOUT an audio guy in there tweaking his regular voice to make the character voices.

Give it a rest bro, you're obviously just going to keep going like this forever if not, posting "real animators said it sucks" in every response, menaing it MUST be true :shakeno:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-15-2006, 01:08 AM
lol @ give it a rest. that's what i tried to do with the last post. and matt and trey and outspoken and registered libertarians. the jesus crapping thing was a clear indication of the hypocrisy with free speech, in that comedy central had no problem censoring the muhammed thing, but allowed jesus crapping on everything. that's what the whole episode was about; you don't censor one thing and not the other.

family guy's humor is dumbed down. it doesn't make the audience dumb. it makes the humor dumb.

and i even said in this thread that seth has a great voice. i totally disagreed with that part of the blog.

and i'm not a bro.

Agent51
04-15-2006, 01:16 AM
lol @ give it a rest. that's what i tried to do with the last post. and matt and trey and outspoken and registered libertarians. the jesus crapping thing was a clear indication of the hypocrisy with free speech, in that comedy central had no problem censoring the muhammed thing, but allowed jesus crapping on everything. that's what the whole episode was about; you don't censor one thing and not the other.

family guy's humor is dumbed down. it doesn't make the audience dumb. it makes the humor dumb.

and i even said in this thread that seth has a great voice. i totally disagreed with that part of the blog.

and i'm not a bro.

:lol:, sorry about that, I'm just so used to EVERYONE being a guy, the only girl I know of is Darkmistress (aside from you now)

OK, lets just agree to disagree then because this whole thing is just going in circles

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-15-2006, 01:29 AM
that sounds good. :)