PDA

View Full Version : Jason Allen Video / Ronnie Brown Highlight Film

Primetimemvp
04-06-2006, 11:14 AM
The latest NFL Countdown Mock Draft had the Dolphins selecting Jason Allen, the Safety from Tennessee....People have said that this would be a good pick, but I have to disagree. The dude cannot tackle...watch this video and you will see what I mean....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1613355994129727084&q=auburn+tigers

At least Ronnie looks good...

PhinFan0202
04-06-2006, 11:52 AM
The latest NFL Countdown Mock Draft had the Dolphins selecting Jason Allen, the Safety from Tennessee....People have said that this would be a good pick, but I have to disagree. The dude cannot tackle...watch this video and you will see what I mean....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1613355994129727084&q=auburn+tigers

At least Ronnie looks good...

Wow someone must reallllllyyyy hate Jason Allen. I can't go ahead and say he can't tackle after seeing just one game. Ronnie did look good though.

Mr.305
04-06-2006, 12:04 PM
o man. I dont think we would waste a pick on him anyway. but Ronnie is a beast!

Boomer
04-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Allen is a very good player and the most athletic defensive back in the last 2 drafts when you crunch the numbers. He's a decent tackler and a great cover man. To write him off after one video or to say that we'd be 'wasting' a pick is ludicrous.

KB21
04-06-2006, 12:10 PM
He's more than a decent tackler. Jason Allen is a very good tackler who plays very physical. Just because Ronnie Brown ran over his rear end doesn't mean he can't tackle. Ronnie Brown did that to a lot of DBs. Ask Greg Wesley (I believe it was him) if Ronnie is an easy guy to bring down.

Spray Mucus
04-06-2006, 12:12 PM
After watching that video, I'm willing to bet Allen doesn't want to be a fin, and have to practice with Ronnie a couple times a week.

Man, Ronnie is an animal!

305TillIDie
04-06-2006, 12:35 PM
ronnie is hard to take down.. that guy is a beast.. no doubt about it

Doakle
04-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Yep I think the video says a lot more about how powerful a runner Ronnie Brown is rather than writing off Jason Allen as a prospect.

I have to say though, I did chuckle:) We need more comedy video clips, ideally with Bills and Jets players in them.

motioncityhifi
04-06-2006, 01:21 PM
all that video did was prove how powerful a runner ronnie is. allen isnt bad ronnie is just that good. on that touchdown run, if it wasnt near the goal line allen would have stopped ronnie for a minimal gain. to say he sucks because he missed a few tackles is dumb.

Marino2Clayton
04-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Unfortunately I was at both games. :(

victacious
04-06-2006, 02:48 PM
WOW!!:D Ronnie ....has that special thing that you really can't put into words....I really hope that ricky makes it through this appeal and becomes a back-up( really). I'm not a fan of the spilt carries. Man.....Ronnie is a load and a half with speed.

Spray Mucus
04-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Unfortunately I was at both games. :(

what was your opnion of Eddie Moore as a college player?

sorry to go off topic

arsenal
04-06-2006, 02:55 PM
lol@i suck, the end, haha... that was funny, i want ronnie to have my babies...

crowder_rules
04-06-2006, 03:01 PM
that was 2 years ago when allen was playing as a safety to help the team out. he is more of a cb. and that is why came back his senior year-to play cb. he ran a 4.39 40. thats cb speed. now, find me one cb in the college football level who can take on ronnie in the open field. actually, find me one cb in the nfl who can take on ronnie in the open field. there's not any. didnt think so.

FinNasty
04-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Jason Allen is a stud... he is actually a very physical DB... not to mention athletic as hell. RonnieB ran him over... but people get ran over some times... it happens...

If we drafted him at 16 I would be very happy!

super_slash
04-06-2006, 03:53 PM
was it Ronnie that dislocated his hip?

finfan54
04-06-2006, 09:30 PM
why do i get the feelling like people want us to take this guy? Why do I feel like Greg Blue would be just as good or better and able to be snagged in the 3rd round?

Why do I get the feeling like we will be trading down?

motioncityhifi
04-06-2006, 09:38 PM

no...that was against georgia last year.

D-bolt
04-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Listen the kid got ran over by a beast and that's putting it nicely. Why don't you ask the entire Cleveland Browns defense on what it takes to bring this kid down. Ronnie right now maybe the hardest HB in the league to bring down for a "defense" and your criticizing a single college defender for getting run over by this guy that's unreal. Remember Saban choose Ronnie over any other HB becuase he put almost the entire LSU defense in the trainers room after playing their game.

Silverphin
04-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Listen the kid got ran over by a beast and that's putting it nicely. Why don't you ask the entire Cleveland Browns defense on what it takes to bring this kid down. Ronnie right now maybe the hardest HB in the league to bring down for a "defense" and your criticizing a single college defender for getting run over by this guy that's unreal. Remember Saban choose Ronnie over any other HB becuase he put almost the entire LSU defense in the trainers room after playing their game.

There you go.

BlueFin
04-07-2006, 08:22 AM
Ronnie Brown is going to win a one on one with a DB most of the time.

MoTown Finman
04-07-2006, 08:40 AM
My concern about Allen is his health.

t2thejz
04-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Hey he still made the tackle the 1st time he got ran over

Marino2Clayton
04-07-2006, 11:30 AM
why do i get the feelling like people want us to take this guy? Why do I feel like Greg Blue would be just as good or better and able to be snagged in the 3rd round?

Why do I get the feeling like we will be trading down?

Greg Blue is a tremendous hitter but Blue is so horrible in coverage that he will probably be moved to LB by whoever drafts him.

Marino2Clayton
04-07-2006, 11:41 AM
what was your opnion of Eddie Moore as a college player?

sorry to go off topic

A huge overachiever that was a terrible reach when the Dolphins drafted him.

A funny story on Eddie Moore's pick was a bet that me and my best friend (who I share my set of UT season tickets with) had made before the 2003 draft. We had a long standing argument on who the first Vol that would be drafted, so we made a pretty good size bet the week before the draft.

I had Jason Witten and he had Kelly Washington. I thought there was no way that Wshington would go before Witten, but hell I was wrong (and so was the rest of the NFL for letting Witten slide to the 3rd round). But I didn't have to pay because of the Dolphins taking Eddie Moore in the 2nd.

My first reaction was "Eddie f'n Moore" ??? Throughout the day I got atleast a half a dozen phone calls from other Tennessee fans asking me, "What the hell are te Dolphins doing?"

Boomer
04-07-2006, 03:51 PM

No Leonard Pope rolled up on the hip.