PDA

View Full Version : We should all be thankful that Bush ISN'T giving Iraq more time!!

PhinPhan1227
03-07-2003, 02:52 PM
Just imagine if this crap ran into Football Season!! Games preempted! Cats and Dogs living together!! It'd be ANARCHY!!...:tongue:

WharfRat
03-07-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Just imagine if this crap ran into Football Season!! Games preempted! Cats and Dogs living together!! It'd be ANARCHY!!...:tongue:

:lol: OMG!!! The humanity!!!

Sabre Ally
03-07-2003, 05:57 PM
I would be shocked if this is all over by the time football season starts.

PhinPhan1227
03-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Depends on what you mean by "all over". given the fact that the Iraqi war plan seems to be to immediately fall back to Baghdad, you're looking at either a quick surrender, or a "siege". If it's a siege, you've only got a couple of months at best that any decent number of troops can hold out, so either way, we're in to the rebuilding process by Summer. If by "all over" you mean we're out of Iraq and it's a functioning Democracy, you're correct. But that's essentially on the level of a peace keeping mission, and not something which will involve interuptions of regular broadcasting.

Sabre Ally
03-07-2003, 06:05 PM
Well, even if it's only a two month siege, it depends on when it starts. Just because Dubya would have preferred for the invasion to have already begun doesn't mean it will necessarily start soon.

PhinPhan1227
03-07-2003, 06:28 PM
It either starts within two weeks, or it doesn't start at all. We won't wait until the hottest part of the year to launch this thing when we could launch it in the cooler months. Give it a couple of weeks at MOST to end resistance outside of Baghdad, and that has us settled in for a siege by April. A couple of months brings us in to July, and clear by the start of Preseason.

iceblizzard69
03-07-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
I would be shocked if this is all over by the time football season starts.

I wouldn't be shocked if this war was over by the end of this month (if it starts by next weekend). I think this war is a one week war.

PhinPhan1227
03-07-2003, 06:41 PM
I agree, but I was dealing with worst case scenarios.