PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Acquires Lionhead Studios

UltraDol-Fan
04-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Microsoft Acquires Lionhead Studios
Sir Peter Molyneux's company joins Microsoft's growing empire.
by Wade Steel (http://xbox360.ign.com/email.html)

April 6, 2006 - Cementing the relationship that began with the development and release of the Fable franchise for the Xbox and PC, Microsoft Game Studios (MGS) announced today that it had purchased United Kingdom-based Lionhead Studios for an undisclosed amount.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/700/700437p1.html

In the words of PassRush....Discuss

Majpain
04-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Dont they make Black and white 1 and 2?

mor911
04-06-2006, 02:43 PM
I was gonna post this, but didn't think anyone would care :D

The Mor loves Lionhead's games.

EDIT -- Yes, they made the Black & White series.

UltraDol-Fan
04-06-2006, 03:14 PM
I love their games too, I think if Fable was a little longer I would still be talking about it

mor911
04-06-2006, 03:28 PM
I love their games too, I think if Fable was a little longer I would still be talking about it
Yeah, I loved all 5 minutes of Fable. :lol:

Caps
04-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Fable was a huge disappointment for me.

mor911
04-06-2006, 04:01 PM
Fable was a huge disappointment for me.
I think Fable was a huge disappointment to everyone. It had so many promises and potential...

I'll tell you what, Oblivion is the game that Fable promised to be.

UltraDol-Fan
04-06-2006, 04:06 PM
I think Fable was a huge disappointment to everyone. It had so many promises and potential...

True that, all Oblivion needs to be the best RPG ever is a lock on feature, like if you pulled the left trigger it would lock you on a target. (yes I know left trigger is block, but I want it to lock on dangit!) I have played for a little over 40 hours and I have still probably finished just over half of the main quest.

40 hours into Fable I was playing Halo. I beat Fable in like 12 hours.

darkmistress
04-06-2006, 11:23 PM

You know I actulally liked Fable but that's because I didn't hear about it until it was released so my expectations weren't that high... I'm not happy about the stupid dog they're planning on having for Fable 2 though... wtf is with that?

illscriptures
04-07-2006, 12:04 AM
True that, all Oblivion needs to be the best RPG ever is a lock on feature, like if you pulled the left trigger it would lock you on a target. (yes I know left trigger is block, but I want it to lock on dangit!) I have played for a little over 40 hours and I have still probably finished just over half of the main quest.

40 hours into Fable I was playing Halo. I beat Fable in like 12 hours.

Fable was only dissapointment due to its lack of any depth in game play time, but it was really fun to play, and Black and white is undoubtedly one of the best games to have ever come out for the pc, IMO.

PhinsPhan
04-10-2006, 11:45 AM
I think this is Microsofts attempt to expand their gaming library and try and capture some market share in Japan. It is no secret that Xbox is not that big with Japanese mostly because of their lack of RPG type games.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-10-2006, 02:41 PM
i love the black and white games.