PDA

View Full Version : Audio Editers(Help)

Nappy Roots
04-06-2006, 09:40 PM
I got a phone where i can plug to my computer, and drag songs into it for ringtones. Problem is, a whole song takes up alot of space. so it can only hold like 5. So I tried a audio editing software called, and when i recorded like 35 seconds of a song, it would be so low in volume, i could bearly hear it with the volume all the way up.

So if anyone could help me edit songs to only take parts of it, it would be much appreciated. http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Nappy Roots
04-06-2006, 10:26 PM
You Mother ****ers!!!

:tantrum:

Maynard the Hammer
04-06-2006, 10:48 PM
google it and download a nice program illegally. works everytime

Nappy Roots
04-06-2006, 10:49 PM
google it and download a nice program illegally. works everytime

yea i did that. but when i cut the song down, the audio volume went incredibly low. so i could barely hear it with the volume all the way up.

Maynard the Hammer
04-06-2006, 10:54 PM
i have never used audio editing software. my video editor does all of it fine as i clipped songs for my highlight vids. the thing is that the prog is like 700 MB, so it could take a while to DL.

Nappy Roots
04-06-2006, 10:55 PM
i have never used audio editing software. my video editor does all of it fine as i clipped songs for my highlight vids. the thing is that the prog is like 700 MB, so it could take a while to DL.

any video editor that you recommend then?

FinaciousOne
04-06-2006, 10:59 PM
You Mother ****ers!!!

:tantrum:

Did you call?

I'm sure a lot of us want to help you but are afraid we might get you more messed up.

On whatever program you are using to cut the song down; does it have anything called an input gain level that can be adjusted?

The only program I've used recently is Cubase which would be overkill for what your doing.

Maynard the Hammer
04-06-2006, 11:02 PM
any video editor that you recommend then?i have ulead video studio 9. its awesome. something i thought of is what format of the audio you need? i think i had to first convert the mp3 to wav before i could chop it up. the quality really doesnt suffer at all though

you may or may not need it, but i use db power amp music converter. its a great program. if you DL an album that has poor quality and plays at 128kbps, you can use it to boost the quality. pretty amazing stuff.

Nappy Roots
04-06-2006, 11:03 PM
i have ulead video studio 9. its awesome. something i thought of is what format of the audio you need? i think i had to first convert the mp3 to wav before i could chop it up. the quality really doesnt suffer at all though

you may or may not need it, but i use db power amp music converter. its a great program. if you DL an album that has poor quality and plays at 128kbps, you can use it to boost the quality. pretty amazing stuff.

preciate it man http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Nappy Roots
04-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Did you call?

I'm sure a lot of us want to help you but are afraid we might get you more messed up.

On whatever program you are using to cut the song down; does it have anything called an input gain level that can be adjusted?

The only program I've used recently is Cubase which would be overkill for what your doing.

haha, i was just joking with that man. the input gain level i have no idea. i deleted the program i was using cause it was horrible. kept freezing. thanks for trying though.

Maynard the Hammer
04-06-2006, 11:06 PM
no prob, buddy

FinaciousOne
04-06-2006, 11:13 PM
haha, i was just joking with that man. the input gain level i have no idea. i deleted the program i was using cause it was horrible. kept freezing. thanks for trying though.

Good Luck

Agent51
04-06-2006, 11:18 PM
db power amp music converter

that's a very useful program, I reccomend it period, even if you don't need it/it doesn't work for the thing you are trying to do with the phone Nappy.

ChrisKo
04-06-2006, 11:25 PM
tryt his http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

Get the 1.24 version.
You can load your audio file and then do a Normalize by selecting the whole track (CTRL-A) and then from the effects menu choose Normalize.

If that doesn't get it any louder, you can also select the track (CTRL-A) and then under the effects menu select Amplify and see if that will help you make it louder. Make sure when using the amplify that you DO NOT check the allow clipping option or the song will distort badly.