PDA

View Full Version : Rumble Roses - my first impression

UltraDol-Fan
04-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Okay, let me start by saying I didn't buy, rent or borrow this game. My buddy has gamefly and I went over and played it there...

This game is decent if you can get over the embarressment of anyone seeing you play this. The controls are typical wrestling, like you can only run in straight lines and it's easy to get turned around. The controls are extremely simple. "x" hits, "y" grapples, "a" runs, and "b" goes for the pin. The right bumper blocks and the left bumper does your special move. The wrestling is fun, but in tag matches it gets annoying because if someone is being grappled you can't hit them.
Funny things in the game:
1 - when you have someone in a a submission hold, you can move the camera around :lol:
2 - after a queens match you have to pick what you want the loser to do, some examples are - sexy pose, dance the samba in whatever outfit you pick, squirt her with a water gun, etc
3 - there is actually a photo shoot mode where you can take pictures of your girl in any outfit and save it to your computer and share it
4 - you can customize your wrester it attributes such as bust, hips, legs

It took us like 20 minutes to figure out what the bars at the top are, they aren't health bars. The top one gradually increases when you hit or grapple your opponent, and when it fills up you get a special move. The smaller bottom one is you "humiliation meter." You can humiliate your opponent by taunting, performing counter attacks, and some grapples. You want to fill up your opponents bar and when this fills up they are humiliated and you can do a humiliation move. This is the easiest way to pin.

Overall, it is a fun game for a rent, but I don't think I would buy it. I give it a 7

EDIT: 7 seems high, for reference if this game had guys instead of hot chicks I would give it a 6

mor911
04-07-2006, 10:01 AM
I played it at the game store for a few minutes and it wasn't very fun at all IMO. But then again, I'm no huge fan of Wrestling games.

UltraDol-Fan
04-07-2006, 10:07 AM
I played it at the game store for a few minutes and it wasn't very fun at all IMO. But then again, I'm no huge fan of Wrestling games.

I will add this game wouldn't be fun by yourself, it was fun becasue there was 4 of us laughing at the features

UltraDol-Fan
04-07-2006, 10:09 AM
I played it at the game store for a few minutes ...

No way would I play this game in front of strangers, my wife, or family members :lol: