PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Cromartie

minus
04-07-2006, 10:33 AM
We're lucky he is coming off asn injury because if not he would have been top 5 pick. This guys is a beast! He is bless with blazing speed and 6'3. He is a ballhawk. This guys will be an instat starter...

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

DolphinDevil28
04-07-2006, 10:37 AM
I love Cromartie and would not be upset at all if we take him at 16.

I'm just a little nervous about th knee. I know it's healthy now, but will it have lasting effects? Can he play a whole 16 game season?

...But you are right. The talent is definitely there.

Kyfinsfan
04-07-2006, 10:56 AM
With all the additions in the off season, I kinda prefer Cromartie. It seems all the rage is the hybrid, CB/S players. If you look at all the players, Cromartie seems to be the best size-athleticism ratio of these guys (Whitner, Allen, Huff), but no one is considering it. The offseason additions gave up flexibility with the pick. I'm not saying that Cromartie should be the pick if Justice (or similar talent) slides to us, or that we don't listen to trade offers, but I am really warming up to picking him.

#1 Fan
04-07-2006, 12:16 PM
i'd be thrilled with cromartie. he just ran something in the 4.4's or less and is 6'3". but he's more than a work out warrior . . . he'd also fill a big need too! :D

@@@
04-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Its all about the knee, if the medical staff are happy then cromartie will be a steal anywhere outside the top 15

T tes
04-07-2006, 12:40 PM
I love Cromartie and would not be upset at all if we take him at 16.

I'm just a little nervous about th knee. I know it's healthy now, but will it have lasting effects? Can he play a whole 16 game season?

...But you are right. The talent is definitely there.Mike Mayock said he is a boom or bust pick, but seeing what he did when he was healthy, I dont mind if Saban takes that risk.

Pocoloco
04-07-2006, 01:36 PM
I like Jason Allen a little bit more, but either one would be a great pick.

Crowder52
04-07-2006, 05:45 PM
I just don't think it's worth the gamble at 16 to be honest. I'd rather make a less risky pick with no injury history. I liked Crowder as a risk pick last year (knee) because we got him in the third. First round I don't like it.

motioncityhifi
04-07-2006, 06:36 PM
if they pick cromartie, i dont think i would mind that one bit. i do prefer jason allen over cromartie because of the versatility but i would be happy with either one.

randy9
04-07-2006, 06:51 PM
The potential upside says ya gotta take this chance unless we can trade down for extra picks of equal value.

JG718
04-07-2006, 07:13 PM
no vids on the guy?

Mr.305
04-08-2006, 10:30 AM
I like Jason Allen a little bit more, but either one would be a great pick.

I got a feeling he is going to be a bust. I would love Cromartie or Jimmy Williams.

Motion
04-08-2006, 10:31 AM
I got a feeling he is going to be a bust. I would love Cromartie or Jimmy Williams.

:lol: WHAT?!? Based on what?

Mr.305
04-08-2006, 10:35 AM
:lol: WHAT?!? Based on what?

:dolphins:

Based on that he sucks n i never heard of him until the shot up the draft boards. he is a workout warrior, not a real good football program. CROMARTIE!!:sidelol:

Boomer
04-08-2006, 10:49 AM

Based on that he sucks n i never heard of him until the shot up the draft boards. he is a workout warrior, not a real good football program. CROMARTIE!!:sidelol:

Let me educate you. Legitimate top 7 pick had he not torn his ACL. USA Today's National Defensive Player of the Year at Lincoln, Parade All American, track star. Played in all 13 games as a freshman, developed into one of the nations best corners as a sophomore, a beast in coverage with the best hips I've seen in a long time, a playmaker who was then a Playboy All American going into his junior year before tearing his ACL when landing after intercepting a ball intended for Chris Davis is a summer drill.

So to refine your amazing analysis........he doesn't suck. He didn't shoot up, he is far from a workout warrior as he's always run and jumped that way and has backed it up on the field at one of the biggest schools in the nation. And FSU not a real good football programme?

Motion
04-08-2006, 10:51 AM

:shakeno: Then you obviously don't follow college football. And as much as I hate Tennessee they are definitely one of the better football programs. Don't come in here and bad mouth players you know nothing about.

Motion
04-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Let me educate you. Legitimate top 7 pick had he not torn his ACL. USA Today's National Defensive Player of the Year at Lincoln, Parade All American, track star. Played in all 13 games as a freshman, developed into one of the nations best corners as a sophomore, a beast in coverage with the best hips I've seen in a long time, a playmaker who was then a Playboy All American going into his junior year before tearing his ACL when landing after intercepting a ball intended for Chris Davis is a summer drill.

So to refine your amazing analysis........he doesn't suck. He didn't shoot up, he is far from a workout warrior as he's always run and jumped that way and has backed it up on the field at one of the biggest schools in the nation. And FSU not a real good football programme?

Boom, I believe he was referring to Jason Allen.

Boomer
04-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Oh is he talking about Jason Allen? That's just as stupid a response if he is. I don't know why we justify these people with responses.

Motion
04-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Oh is he talking about Jason Allen? That's just as stupid a response if he is. I don't know why we justify these people with responses.

Isn't that the truth.

Boomer
04-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Boom, I believe he was referring to Jason Allen.

Thanks mate. That makes it just as stupid. Legitimate top 15 pick at WORST before the hip injury and most athletic DB in the last 2 drafts. And Tennessee isn't a big school??

Jesus....................:rolleyes2

As an aside, there is a report that Allen's hip might be degenerative, which has only come out in the last few hours. I personally don't believe it because the same article incorrectly mention another player with an injury issue, so I'm loathed at this stage to believe it.

Geforce
04-08-2006, 11:21 AM
As an aside, there is a report that Allen's hip might be degenerative, which has only come out in the last few hours. I personally don't believe it because the same article incorrectly mention another player with an injury issue, so I'm loathed at this stage to believe it.

Sounds like Pre-Draft rumors are in full swing.

Motion
04-08-2006, 11:52 AM

:yes:

Boomer
04-08-2006, 01:48 PM

Yeah that was what I thought.

Mr.305
04-08-2006, 07:59 PM
i WAS talking about Allen. I would like us TO DRAFT CROMARTIE!! Allen is not worth a first round pick IMO. and i never said nething about a small program. where did that come from?

tylerdolphin
04-08-2006, 10:35 PM

Thats where it came from

Finsfan79
04-08-2006, 10:40 PM
I want a trade back and taking BPA. Really I think we need an Outside linebacker more. But if he is best player available sure then. But Cornerbacks arent lockdown in the NFL anymore because of the piece of crap rules.

TotoreMexico
04-09-2006, 01:39 AM
I wouldn't mind at all if Saban picks Cromartie, he's a great player