PDA

View Full Version : Clerks II

Gonzo
04-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Glad he is returning to this "universe." Here is the trailer for it. I think it looks pretty damn funny, especially with Wanda Sykes in it. "How bout you build towards making some ****ing fries." :chuckle:

Also, Rosario Dawson and Jennifer Schwalbach Smith (Kevin Smith's wife) :drool:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JeAgPiCi94o

HysterikiLL
04-08-2006, 12:44 AM
:hump: Can't beat the original though.

Amars
04-08-2006, 12:45 AM
the original is a classic

FinsNYanksFan13
04-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Clerks is a movie that should not have a sequel!

Majpain
04-08-2006, 12:52 AM
I need to see the first one.

Gonzo
04-08-2006, 12:58 AM
I don't think he was setting out to beat the original. Few people do. Personally, I like to go into a movie and judge it on it's own. Why go see a movie if all you are going to do is compare it to the original? You won't enjoy it. You are setting it up for failure. For example, AVP sucked in it's own right, not in comparison to any Alien or Predator movie. Terminator 2 was a damn good movie, not in comparison to Terminator 1, but on it's own.

But, if it must be compared to Clerks 1...I loved Clerks. It was funny as hell. But the acting was ****, the cinematography was ****, it was as low budget as you can get. Pretentious art talk aside; realistically, Kevin Smith's abilities were extremely limited by the lack of funds. Judging from what I have read and seen of this movie it looks like he will be taking these characters to their true potential. Plus, Rosario Dawson bouncy bouncy!

Perfect23
04-08-2006, 01:01 AM
I gotta see that.

d-day
04-08-2006, 01:05 AM
I don't think he was setting out to beat the original. Few people do. Personally, I like to go into a movie and judge it on it's own. Why go see a movie if all you are going to do is compare it to the original? You won't enjoy it. You are setting it up for failure. For example, AVP sucked in it's own right, not in comparison to any Alien or Predator movie. Terminator 2 was a damn good movie, not in comparison to Terminator 1, but on it's own.

But, if it must be compared to Clerks 1...I loved Clerks. It was funny as hell. But the acting was ****, the cinematography was ****, it was as low budget as you can get. Pretentious art talk aside; realistically, Kevin Smith's abilities were extremely limited by the lack of funds. Judging from what I have read and seen of this movie it looks like he will be taking these characters to their true potential. Plus, Rosario Dawson bouncy bouncy!

i would be surprised if this movie isn't everything i think it will be - besides, just think where we would be without Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise - we wouldn't have classic quotes like, "What if uhh... C-A-T, really spelled dog?" thats for god damn sure...

phinpunk14
04-08-2006, 01:09 AM
Clerks is a movie that should not have a sequel!

I heard part of the reason he is even making a sequel is just b/c he wants to get his friends some more work. When they made clerks, all of his friends that were in the movie never really got paid. So, he's making this to help them out.

Gonzo
04-08-2006, 01:11 AM
i would be surprised if this movie isn't everything i think it will be - besides, just think where we would be without Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise - we wouldn't have classic quotes like, "What if uhh... C-A-T, really spelled dog?" thats for god damn sure...

Not to mention Aliens, Naked Gun 2 1/2, Godfather II, Spider-Man 2, Austin Powers 2, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (yeah, part 3), and lets not forget SuperBabies: Baby Geniuses 2 and Basic Instinct 2...

d-day
04-08-2006, 01:13 AM
Not to mention Aliens, Naked Gun 2 1/2, Godfather II, Spider-Man 2, Austin Powers 2, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (yeah, part 3), and lets not forget SuperBabies: Baby Geniuses 2 and Basic Instinct 2...

aliens :yes:

one of the best movies ever made - and quite quotable too... :dday:

"We'd better get back, 'cause it'll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night... mostly."

best.quote.ever.

Gonzo
04-08-2006, 01:14 AM
I heard part of the reason he is even making a sequel is just b/c he wants to get his friends some more work. When they made clerks, all of his friends that were in the movie never really got paid. So, he's making this to help them out.

That doesn't make any sense. If that's all he wanted to do, why wouldn't he just make a new movie in no way affiliated with Clerks and have them in it?

Maynard the Hammer
04-08-2006, 01:14 AM
ill see it. i think wanda sykes is the most overrated comic right now. nothing but a wierd voice

Gonzo
04-08-2006, 01:15 AM

"We'd better get back, 'cause it'll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night... mostly."

best.quote.ever.

100% agree. Ten times better when you actually say it with the slight lisp.

GRAPEAPE
04-08-2006, 01:15 AM

best.quote.ever.Aliens 2 "Game Over MAn" best.quote.ever

d-day
04-08-2006, 01:16 AM
That doesn't make any sense.

Well... Let's go see is we can make this little kitty purr...

d-day
04-08-2006, 01:17 AM
Aliens 2 "Game Over MAn" best.quote.ever

and let's not forget this gem... :dday:

Hudson (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000200/): Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
Vasquez (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001280/): No, have you?

Jimmy James
04-08-2006, 01:17 AM
ill see it. i think wanda sykes is the most overrated comic right now. nothing but a wierd voice

I think it's likely what you have seen of Wanda is all you'll be seeing.

If Kevin makes it, I'll be there to see it as soon as I can. I've seen every one of his films except for Mallrats (which I don't think ever played near me) in the theater.

phinpunk14
04-08-2006, 01:18 AM
That doesn't make any sense. If that's all he wanted to do, why wouldn't he just make a new movie in no way affiliated with Clerks and have them in it?

If you haven't noticed, the acting in clerks is not the best in the world. Those guys would not fit in any movie other than clerks II.

GRAPEAPE
04-08-2006, 01:19 AM
and let's not forget this gem... :dday:

Hudson (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000200/): Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
Vasquez (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001280/): No, have you?I can't remember the context, but "who put the little girl in charge" is another one

Gonzo
04-08-2006, 01:24 AM
If you haven't noticed, the acting in clerks is not the best in the world. Those guys would not fit in any movie other than clerks II.

But, if it must be compared to Clerks 1...I lovedClerks. It was funny as hell. But the acting was ****, the cinematography was ****, it was as low budget as you can get. Pretentious art talk aside; realistically, Kevin Smith's abilities were extremely limited by the lack of funds. Judging from what I have read and seen of this movie it looks like he will be taking these characters to their true potential. Plus, Rosario Dawson bouncy bouncy!

This theory still doesn't hold any weight. He could have used them in something else if that was all he wanted to do. Bad actors aren't limited to playing clerks or fast food servers. Just look at how many different types of roles Ben Affleck has landed.

d-day
04-08-2006, 01:25 AM
This theory still doesn't hold any weight. He could have used them in something else if that was all he wanted to do. Bad actors aren't limited to playing clerks or fast food servers. Just look at how many different types of roles Ben Affleck has landed.

:lol:

Maynard the Hammer
04-08-2006, 01:29 AM

If Kevin makes it, I'll be there to see it as soon as I can. I've seen every one of his films except for Mallrats (which I don't think ever played near me) in the theater.i have seen them all. some i like more than others

as for wanda, the only time she made me laugh was in curb your enthusiam, but then again i laugh a every person who makes fun of larry david's character. maybe with some lines she will be better than her stand-up routine

GRAPEAPE
04-08-2006, 01:30 AM
This theory still doesn't hold any weight. He could have used them in something else if that was all he wanted to do. Bad actors aren't limited to playing clerks or fast food servers. Just look at how many different types of roles Ben Affleck has landed.both of the main clerks had bit parts in most view askew films

Gonzo
04-08-2006, 01:32 AM
both of the main clerks had bit parts in most view askew films

yep, kinda like the friends of the Farrelly brothers.

HysterikiLL
04-08-2006, 01:33 AM
Look Who's Talking II

HysterikiLL
04-08-2006, 01:35 AM

If Kevin makes it, I'll be there to see it as soon as I can. I've seen every one of his films except for Mallrats (which I don't think ever played near me) in the theater.

Mallrats was one of my favorites. Maybe even moreso than Clerks. It was just hilarious, and Silent Bob's jedi mind tricks were classic :lol:

GRAPEAPE
04-08-2006, 01:36 AM
Mallrats was one of my favorites. Maybe even moreso than Clerks. It was just hilarious, and Silent Bob's jedi mind tricks were classic :lol:Jason lee was awesome in mallrats "would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?"

Gonzo
04-08-2006, 01:36 AM
Look Who's Talking II

Big Momma's House II, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, Mannequin II, Howling II: Werewolf ***** :lol: , Lawnmower Man II, and Larry the Cable Guy (not a sequel, just thought I would throw it out with these other classics).

HysterikiLL
04-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Jeepers Creepers 2

HysterikiLL
04-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Double D Pizza Girls 2 (currently downloading at a my Limewire near you).

Gigli 2 (Here's to hoping). :rolleyes:

GRAPEAPE
04-08-2006, 01:39 AM
slap shot 2 anyone. not as good as the original but damn good

PeaTearGriffin
04-08-2006, 01:40 AM
Mallrats was one of my favorites. Maybe even moreso than Clerks. It was just hilarious, and Silent Bob's jedi mind tricks were classic :lol:

i think my favorite would have to be jay and silent bob strike back...so many great lines in it.

also since we are talking about good "stupid" movies...wet hot american summer is up there

d-day
04-08-2006, 01:42 AM
bad news bears in breaking training

Tanner Boyle (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0055542/): ***s, ****s, ******s and a *** that throws airballs.

DouglasFir
06-30-2006, 10:15 AM
i have seen them all. some i like more than others

as for wanda, the only time she made me laugh was in curb your enthusiam, but then again i laugh a every person who makes fun of larry david's character. maybe with some lines she will be better than her stand-up routine

Mmmm - I've never seen Wanda Sykes before seeing Clerks II (and yes I have seen Clerks II already!) so I can't judge on how her small role compares to her standup routine. But I can say I thought she was hilarious!

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://www.clerks2.com)

Gonzo
06-30-2006, 11:18 AM
Mmmm - I've never seen Wanda Sykes before seeing Clerks II (and yes I have seen Clerks II already!) so I can't judge on how her small role compares to her standup routine. But I can say I thought she was hilarious!

http://www.clerks2.com/myspace/july21myspace.jpg

Wow, did we just get a plant on finheaven? :lol:

Spray Mucus
06-30-2006, 11:51 AM
Passion of the Christ 2 "THE REVENGE! "

DouglasFir
07-01-2006, 06:02 AM
Wow, did we just get a plant on finheaven? :lol:

I wish I was a plant - then I'd be a player!

No I'm just a fan who saw the movie at Kevin Smith's Vulgarthon film festival at the end of May (I'm a big fan and have travelled to four out of the five events he's held so far... I just wish I'd had a job back in '98 so I could have gone to the first one!). So can anyone recommend any Wanda Sykes stuff for me to check out? Does she have any DVDs out there?

HysterikiLL
07-01-2006, 06:46 AM
I wish I was a plant - then I'd be a player!

No I'm just a fan who saw the movie at Kevin Smith's Vulgarthon film festival at the end of May (I'm a big fan and have travelled to four out of the five events he's held so far... I just wish I'd had a job back in '98 so I could have gone to the first one!). So can anyone recommend any Wanda Sykes stuff for me to check out? Does she have any DVDs out there?

She has an recurring role on Curb Your Enthusiasm. Whenever Larry does anything remotely related to a black person, it always manages to become some incidental racism thing and she always happens to be standing across the street abusing the black dude or something. Sometimes she's funny, sometimes waaaay over the top.

dolfan72734me
07-01-2006, 01:30 PM
I would have to say that the best quote ever came from Matthew McConaughey in Dazed and Confused

Wooderson: That's what I like about those high school girls. I get older, they stay the saaaame ageeeee.:lol:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/07/dazepic1-1.jpg