PDA

View Full Version : Any GOLF tips?

greatwade
04-08-2006, 02:25 PM
I'm playing at Wayne's golf course, the Floridian, tomorrow.

Just wanted to brag about that, and get any tips from you golfers out there. I'm a total hacker.

Rocky Raccoon
04-08-2006, 02:32 PM
put the biscuit in the basket

Roman529
04-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Wayne has his own golf course? Dang, he has it all. Ohhhh, don't slice it or hook it. I am happy if I break 100. :lol:

NaboCane
04-08-2006, 02:44 PM
There're only three things you always need to remember about golf:

Keep your left arm straight - this isn't baseball.
Keep your head down - that means that when you swing, keep your eye on the spot where the ball is, even after you've hit it. If you can do that, you'r already ahead of 85% of golfers out there.
Have your head on a swivel...no, notfor other golfers' balls, for the beer cart girls! It's not about winning or losing, it's about scoring with the most attractive beer cart girl.Oh, and one last thing: never take golf tips from someone like me.

Roman529
04-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Also, don't tee off like Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore. :sidelol:

phinpunk14
04-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Give up... that helped my confidence more than anything.

greatwade
04-08-2006, 03:08 PM
All excellent pointers. Thanks gang I appreciate it and will implement all of them. Not sure if they have beer carts though :(

They do have have caddies with every cart. I said, make sure there is plenty of divet dirt when I arrive. They said, Wade, somebody does that for you. No ****! I'll have my own caddy! I want Bill Murray. Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.

Roman529
04-08-2006, 03:13 PM
I've never had anyone caddie for me. Bring lots of beer and have fun.....I usually don't care what I shoot after a few beers. Just like to whack the ball and have fun with my buddies. :D

NJFINSFAN1
04-08-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm playing at Wayne's golf course, the Floridian, tomorrow.

Just wanted to brag about that, and get any tips from you golfers out there. I'm a total hacker.

First tip, don't take tips from people!

greatwade
04-08-2006, 03:21 PM
I've never had anyone caddie for me. Bring lots of beer and have fun.....I usually don't care what I shoot after a few beers. Just like to whack to the ball and have fun with my buddies. :D

Likewise. Unfortunately this won't be one of those mornings. These are my business associates. So no bowl hole, like we used half at frisbee golf in Wisconsin. I'm eager to see the amenities though. Everything is supposedly first class. Kind of like his football club!!! Go fins baby.

spydertl79
04-10-2006, 12:09 AM
Tip the cart guys, the bev cart girls, and, if applicable, the caddy. You want to seem like you;ve played before.

GRAPEAPE
04-10-2006, 08:32 AM
Tip the cart guys, the bev cart girls, and, if applicable, the caddy. You want to seem like you;ve played before.I think they will figure it out when he shoots a 145:lol: . Seriously, take lessons. espeicially if you can afford them. A good teacher will be able to analyze your swing and correct it. After that it's practice what they teach you.

spydertl79
04-10-2006, 08:44 AM
I think they will figure it out when he shoots a 145:lol: . Seriously, take lessons. espeicially if you can afford them. A good teacher will be able to analyze your swing and correct it. After that it's practice what they teach you. The average golfer shoots a 96. I work at a Golf Course and I can say that people suck.

greatwade
04-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Alrighty. What an unbelievable place first of all. First class all the way. The clubhouse is unreal. The 1997 World Series trophy is there. Home plates from game 1 and the last game (7 I think?) are installed in the ground around the clubhouse.

The tees are Panthers, Marlins, Dolphins & Manatee. We played from the Dolphins tees.

I sort of did poorly at first. Started 5, 7, 5. 7 before the rain/lightning delay.
The other golfers in my foursome all had par on #1-#4. So that was a little intimidating. Having a caddie is terrific. The guy did everything for me. Club selection, what to do, where to hit, cleans your clubs after every shot, fills your divets, everything.

We watched the masters in the clubhouse on the plasma tvs until after the rain delay. I came out and shot two pars in a row. Ended up shooting a 99.

The caddies get between $180 - $300 per foursome, as a tip. Who knows what they get when Wayne is playing. My caddie was telling me about all the big wigs he'd caddie'd for in the past year. Said he got a ball with the whitehouse logo on it, he stole from Alan Greenspan. Funny.

Course was really neat. Caddie was great. Clubhouse was the most spectacular. Pictures of Wayne, Palmer, Nicklaus, Player, etc, and scorecards, momentos. Plus sports memorbilia everywhere. It really was a treat. Go Fins :dolphins:

UltraDol-Fan
04-10-2006, 10:22 AM
man, sounds really nice, get any pics?

greatwade
04-10-2006, 10:23 AM
man, sounds really nice, get any pics?

Really sorry I didn't bring a camera. And that my cell phone is cerca 1997.