PDA

View Full Version : our favorite guy Pete Prisco and his mock draft.

aquaman
04-08-2006, 08:01 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8289755

shows what they know... I do no agree with this pick at all, where we are on the draft,without that 2nd rd pick I think we should trade down or if we gotta sit, go with Cromartie or Holmes/Chad Jackson.:dolphins:

SCall13
04-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Weird pick. I just can't see Saban going O-line at this point, but you never know I guess.

MiamiMan147
04-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Terrible pick at #16:

Marcus McNeil, T, Auburn: The Dolphins need to upgrade that offensive line to protect Daunte Culpepper. McNeil is a prototype right tackle, although some scouts think he can go to the left side.

McNeil is a major reach, and we do not need help protecting the QB. We were 4th in sacks allowed last season.

NickJr.
04-08-2006, 08:20 PM
There's no way McNiel goes this high. That's higher than Pirsco was when he wrote this article. Also, what makes him a "Draft Expert?"

hestar
04-08-2006, 08:21 PM
:shakeno:...Everyone has there opinion will find out in a few weeks..I perfer WR or DB myself

GCD960
04-08-2006, 08:22 PM
His and Judge's have us taking Mcneill....AWFUL!!!!!

Zonkman
04-08-2006, 08:30 PM
I don't like the pick at all.........there are more pressing needs in my opinion. If we did decide to go OL, and assuming W Justice is gone by pick 16, I would think the Mangold would be the better pick. Very versatile, quick, and intelligent.

Roman529
04-08-2006, 08:53 PM
AJ Hawk 2nd?
Vince Young 13th?
LenDale White 22nd to the Broncos? Nahhhh, he's fat and out of shape.

:sidelol: This guy should cover women's figure skating.

tylerdolphin
04-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Excluding all the picks, thats a great mock

Phinja
04-08-2006, 09:02 PM
It's funny, it seems that the teams he never really pays attention to he just plugs in any guy so the marque players will make it to the spots he thinks they should go (:ie young at 13, hawk at 2)

MiamiMan147
04-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Heh, like the Broncos would have draft Clarett2.0 a year after drafting the original and cutting him before the season began.

Wareagle phin
04-08-2006, 09:10 PM
I don't like the pick at all.........there are more pressing needs in my opinion. If we did decide to go OL, and assuming W Justice is gone by pick 16, I would think the Mangold would be the better pick. Very versatile, quick, and intelligent.

You can have Mangold. I don't want no players like him. Players like HIM are busts (ie) Eric Kumerow, John Bosa(Ohio State) Those type players will not be picked by SABAN. Saban prefers athetic type players.

finfan54
04-08-2006, 09:11 PM
where the hell is Greenway? OMG! whoosh.

BTW, we do need to protect DC, but T is taken care of. Interior linemen is what we will be after. Chalk it down. think about it. Accept it. We need a star G and C. I know Houck likes Joseph and for me, Mangold is the man. That is why the Steelers are winners. They get good OLinemen. We have not. That will be the difference between going to the dance and not. Screw WR. Interior linemen needed badly. End of story.

finfan54
04-08-2006, 09:12 PM
You can have Mangold. I don't want no players like him. Players like HIM are busts (ie) Eric Kumerow, John Bosa(Ohio State) Those type players will not be picked by SABAN. Saban prefers athetic type players.

dont want no athetic types. No way.:sidelol:

Wareagle phin
04-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Saban only will pick players that improve the total makeup of the team. Whatever the center from OSU name is, will not be taken. I'm so happy that Saban is the coach. In Saban we will conquer!!!

Nick13
04-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Saban only will pick players that improve the total makeup of the team. Whatever the center from OSU name is, will not be taken. I'm so happy that Saban is the coach. In Saban we will conquer!!!

what do you have against Nick Mangold? everything i've seen or read about him makes him out to be a beastly and prototypical center. i would love to see him here.

if not, then Max Jean-Gilles is a fine pick as well.

Wareagle phin
04-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Jean is a good pick, as well as McNeil, or Justice. I want to see an athletic team out there. Mangold would be a good pick for the 3rd- 4th round. Just imagine we could have Odell Thurmond over Matt Roth . Another example when you take these type players ( John Bosa, Eric Kumerow, Andy Katzenmoyer) I could go on and on with names. I would take an athletic player any day.

NoblePhin
04-08-2006, 11:04 PM
if we took Mcneil our line would look like this: Shelton, James, Hadnot, Carey, Mcneil. that is a huge line wow.

Crowder52
04-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Jean is a good pick, as well as McNeil, or Justice. I want to see an athletic team out there. Mangold would be a good pick for the 3rd- 4th round. Just imagine we could have Odell Thurmond over Matt Roth . Another example when you take these type players ( John Bosa, Eric Kumerow, Andy Katzenmoyer) I could go on and on with names. I would take an athletic player any day.

I'm trying to make the connection here. John Bosa, DE from 1987 draft, went to B.C. Not sure what he has to do with Nick Mangold. Then Eric Kumerow, also from the late 80's, OLB from Ohio St. Katzenmoyer was a late 2nd-rounder, also Ohio State drafted by the Pats. You named two busts from Ohio St., only one of whom played for the Dolphins, and that was almost two decades ago. What exactly is your point?

MrClean
04-09-2006, 01:39 AM
where the hell is Greenway? OMG! whoosh.

BTW, we do need to protect DC, but T is taken care of. Interior linemen is what we will be after. Chalk it down. think about it. Accept it. We need a star G and C. I know Houck likes Joseph and for me, Mangold is the man. That is why the Steelers are winners. They get good OLinemen. We have not. That will be the difference between going to the dance and not. Screw WR. Interior linemen needed badly. End of story.
Good point. Alan Faneca: 1st rounder. Kendall Simmons: 1st rounder. Jeff Hartings: UFA who was a Detroit 1st rounder. What other team now has all former 1st rounders playing from guard to guard? And...what other team consistently pounds the rock as well as the Steelers?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Good point. Alan Faneca: 1st rounder. Kendall Simmons: 1st rounder. Jeff Hartings: UFA who was a Detroit 1st rounder. What other team now has all former 1st rounders playing from guard to guard? And...what other team consistently pounds the rock as well as the Steelers?
but then you have denver and indianapolis, who has UFA's all over the line.

Fynasty
04-10-2006, 08:00 AM

Katzenmoyer wasnt athletic? :huh: