PDA

View Full Version : Former Soldiers/Fellow Soldiers?

Pigskin Pimp
04-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Hey guys. I'm thinking of joining the Army. I've actually got a physical/asvab test appointment on Tuesday.

I'm at work now so I can't really dive into any details, but I'm looking for some friendly advice and words of wisdom.

I'll post more on it later tonight.

Thanks

Gonzo
04-09-2006, 01:54 AM
Hey guys. I'm thinking of joining the Army. I've actually got a physical/asvab test appointment on Tuesday.

I'm at work now so I can't really dive into any details, but I'm looking for some friendly advice and words of wisdom.

Thanks

any specific questions?

Fin Fan in Cali
04-09-2006, 02:04 AM

ThanksFirst off, nothing against the Army, but is it the right service for you? Also do you have in writing what your MOS, Military Occupation Specialty will be? Also if the recruiter told you will get a bonus, it must be in writing along with your MOS field. Also lookat all services to see if one of the others offer you something better opportunity for your field. Think ahead, if the service doesn't work out for you, is this a field you can use in the civilian job market? Wish you the best. A proud 11 year veteran from the United States Marine Corps.:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali
04-09-2006, 02:16 AM
Also do some homework into your MOS field before you sign up. Ask questions of the recruiter, and of active duty members. The Military are closing a lot of MOS's and turning them over to the civilian sector due to cost cutting measures. Make sure that you ask do I have a chance to make rank, and move up quickly. Some MOS's like mine in the Marine Corps being supply was a long time to get promoted. I wasn't a kiss butt, and after a 11 years I got out a Sergeant (E-5) with the respect of my troops, and myself.:wink: Best of luck. I am not trying to scare you, but wanting you to do your homework up front. If I can help anymore, please feel free to pm me.:wink:

HysterikiLL
04-09-2006, 02:38 AM
First off, nothing against the Army, but is it the right service for you? Also do you have in writing what your MOS, Military Occupation Specialty will be? Also if the recruiter told you will get a bonus, it must be in writing along with your MOS field. Also lookat all services to see if one of the others offer you something better opportunity for your field. Think ahead, if the service doesn't work out for you, is this a field you can use in the civilian job market? Wish you the best. A proud 11 year veteran from the United States Marine Corps.:wink:

Yeah, I agree man. If you like dancing in skin tight outfits and breaking into song in the middle of warfare, maybe the Navy is for you.

:chuckle: I kid, I kid.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-09-2006, 02:44 AM
Yeah, I agree man. If you like dancing in skin tight outfits and breaking into song in the middle of warfare, maybe the Navy is for you.

:chuckle: I kid, I kid.Are you reffering to YMCA?:sidelol:

Gonzo
04-09-2006, 02:48 AM
Are you reffering to YMCA?:sidelol:

Close, but I'm guessing In the Navy!