PDA

View Full Version : Ya So i got a dui from a jets fan....

R&RExpress
04-08-2006, 11:47 PM
during my spring break unfortunatly i got a DUI, the cop says to me hey if that dolphin sticker on ur car was a jets sticker i just might have let u go.
i dunno what i was more mad at. the fact that i got a dui or the cop was a jets fan lol

just sharing my experience, other than the 19 hrs spent in jail :boohoo:

huck1974
04-08-2006, 11:50 PM
that blows:fire:

Akrid
04-08-2006, 11:54 PM
during my spring break unfortunatly i got a DUI, the cop says to me hey if that dolphin sticker on ur car was a jets sticker i just might have let u go.
i dunno what i was more mad at. the fact that i got a dui or the cop was a jets fan lol

That is messed up. :fire:

CVass
04-08-2006, 11:57 PM

I am no lawyer, but I believe a comment like that, if heard by a judge, would not sit well. Most encounters like that have audio tapes to certify validity in case any sort of grievance is filed by the Defendant. If I were you, I'd call some attorneys for a consultation and see what he says about that.

Technicalities, even of the small kind, can be the difference between guilty and not guilty.

whatsburning
04-09-2006, 12:04 AM
You were driving drunk? Sorry to be critical when I don't even know you, but that's irresponsible.

DirtyDolfan
04-09-2006, 12:05 AM
I am no lawyer, but I believe a comment like that, if heard by a judge, would not sit well. Most encounters like that have audio tapes to certify validity in case any sort of grievance is filed by the Defendant. If I were you, I'd call some attorneys for a consultation and see what he says about that.

Technicalities, even of the small kind, can be the difference between guilty and not guilty.

Man...I can understand wanting to help out another Dolphin fan with this info, but the guy got a DUI. I think it's a punishment well deserved - sucky - but well deserved.

IowaDolfan
04-09-2006, 12:07 AM

Sorry about your day. Its karma, if you had taken a cab then you wouldn't have had to heard what you did, and also would not have killed anyone with 100% certainty.

GRYPHONK
04-09-2006, 12:08 AM

I know what you are saying but in this instance there is no legal help here.

For one u would be acknowledging that you were DUI and guilty. After that it doesn't matter.

The judge will not overturn it simply because u were discriminated from due to being a Phin fan lol

Now had he pulled u over with no reason too because he saw the sticker and started writing tickets that would be another thing.

CVass
04-09-2006, 12:22 AM
I know what you are saying but in this instance there is no legal help here.

For one u would be acknowledging that you were DUI and guilty. After that it doesn't matter.

The judge will not overturn it simply because u were discriminated from due to being a Phin fan lol

Now had he pulled u over with no reason too because he saw the sticker and started writing tickets that would be another thing.
Acknowledging that you committed a crime and being set free on technicalities has happened on many occasions (see Miranda case). With a comment like that, who is to say he wasn't discriminating? You don't know.. and I don't know.. but I guarantee you that a judge would not a) like to hear about discrimination or b) like an enforcer of the law to be joking during a DUI stop.

I wish Phinunwin was around to talk about this...

DolfanISS
04-09-2006, 12:35 AM

Hey I've got a question on this subject that I've always been curious about. Is it true that if you are pulled over while driving, after having a few, and you may be over the legal limit, the best thing you can do is deny that you've been drinking and refuse everything (field sobriety test, breathalizer etc.). That way the cop has nothing but he said she said. I don't condone drunk driving but was always curious about this.

CVass
04-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Hey I've got a question on this subject that I've always been curious about. Is it true that if you are pulled over while driving, after having a few, and you may be over the legal limit, the best thing you can do is deny that you've been drinking and refuse everything (field sobriety test, breathalizer etc.). That way the cop has nothing but he said she said. I don't condone drunk driving but was always curious about this.

I don't know.. the laws vary state by state, so you would have to look into your state's DUI laws.

GridIronKing34
04-09-2006, 01:14 AM

They have some kind of illegal motion to that. Failure to obey officer or something like that. All I know that in my state at least, if you refuse a sobreity test, things will not go well with you when it comes to the law. Pretty much, you have to take the sobriety tests or else you get some kind of punishment for refusing to take it.

njfinfan
04-09-2006, 04:25 AM
I've been pulled over a couple times up here in Jersey myself. Not for driving drunk - NEVER would I do that - but for having Dolphin magnets (3), fuzzy dice, and a Phins license plate holder. Especially driving near the Meadowlands - Clifton and East Rutherford cops ain't nice. Didn't get any tickets, but was told on two occasions that that was Jets territory by two different cops.

ih8brady
04-09-2006, 06:05 AM
I've been pulled over a couple times up here in Jersey myself. Not for driving drunk - NEVER would I do that - but for having Dolphin magnets (3), fuzzy dice, and a Phins license plate holder. Especially driving near the Meadowlands - Clifton and East Rutherford cops ain't nice. Didn't get any tickets, but was told on two occasions that that was Jets territory by two different cops.

Did you do/say anything back?

cnc66
04-09-2006, 08:04 AM

in Florida, when you sign your Drivers license, you are signing a release. If you refuse to take the field sobriety tests, your Drivers license is automatically suspended for one year...and the prosecution of the dui still continues.

njfinfan
04-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Did you do/say anything back?

Nope. I didn't get tickets. Think they were doing it just because they saw the magnets.

Metal Panda
04-09-2006, 04:41 PM
the cop was joking....it would never hold up in court.

Metal Panda
04-09-2006, 04:42 PM
You were driving drunk? Sorry to be critical when I don't even know you, but that's irresponsible.

DUI does not mean driving "Drunk", per se.

I do agree that it is irresponsible, but hopefully he'll learn. I've driven at least once in my life when I should not have and now my keys leave my hands after I feel even the onset of a buzz.

BleedinGreenNC
04-12-2006, 01:36 PM

regardless if he was a Jet's fan or not, you were driving under the influence, serves you right.

WharfRat
04-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Nope. I didn't get tickets. Think they were doing it just because they saw the magnets.

That's harrasment - get the badge number and report them.

Dors156
04-13-2006, 12:43 PM
thats dumb