PDA

View Full Version : Schrizophrenia/hallucinations

CHRISCANEQB726
04-09-2006, 02:39 AM
Whatever the name is this is a mental illness

Is it possible for a baby to suffer from this after receiving alot of x-rays when he was still not born ?

What other type of stuff can cause a baby to develop this ?

How do you cure this illness?

Anyone has had personel experiences about it ? talk about it

Can this affect the person in any other way?

THIS IS A SERIOUS THREAD

Agent51
04-09-2006, 02:46 AM
Whatever the name is this is a mental illness

Is it possible for a baby to suffer from this after receiving alot of x-rays when he was still not born ?

What other type of stuff can cause a baby to develop this ?

How do you cure this illness?

Anyone has had personel experiences about it ? talk about it

Can this affect the person in any other way?

THIS IS A SERIOUS THREAD

I'm not sure what the disease is called, or if it even is a disease, without knowing more about the case, but as far as treating it if it is schrizophrenia (sp?) then I BELIEVE there are medications that supress the feelings of paranoia and the hallucinations. I have never personally experienced this, nor has anyone close to me, so I don't have any first hand definitive knowledge about it, I just know there are medications that can help it.

I'm also not sure if having X-rays as a baby in the womb does harm or not. You'd think they wouldn't do it if there was potential for harm, but then again they make you wear those lead vests to cover the parts of your body that AREN'T being X-rayed so there must be SOMETHING they wanna protect you from.

King Felix
04-09-2006, 02:46 AM
sorry but i dont think your going to find answers here.

Maynard the Hammer
04-09-2006, 03:05 AM
i took an abnormal psychology class in college. i dont think baby's are able to be diagnosed. its easier to study children because their personalities are developing wheras baby's arent as defined and can only respond to much simpler things and mostly out of their various stages of fixations

my word isnt gold, but my guess is that the problem is physical or a mental problem the child may have been born with (god, i feel terrible even typing this)

people are treated with medication for this. its not something you would want a baby to take, imo and likely not something a psychiatrist would prescribe because it is not definative

i suppose its possible that a baby could be effected by a ton of x-rays. but that would mean that the baby already has some sort of problem. so the behavior you are describing could be related to those problems, not the x-rays.

i would be worried more about those things than schitzo. that is a personality disorder, which means the person has to have a defined personality first. a baby doesnt possess one yet

hope that helps, but again, im not an expert

CHRISCANEQB726
04-09-2006, 03:12 AM
Well they say when someone pregnant that some amount of xrays can make them born with down or ******ed said from a doctor from U OF MIAMI

But i will like to know if someone really knows if this can mess up a babies brain if he has took lets say a ton of xrays not 3 or 4 like 10 or 15