PDA

View Full Version : Guess which politician said these?

Sniper
03-07-2003, 11:17 PM
Guess which politician said these?

And as I said in my State of the Union, the idea is to see that a car born today—I mean, a child born today will be driving a car, as his or her first car, which will be powered by hydrogen and pollution-free.

The solid truth of the matter is, when you find—if you want to help heal the hurt, if you want to you hurt people—help people in pain, the best way to do so is to call upon the great strength of the country, which is the compassion of our fellow Americans.

There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says: Fool me once, shame on [pause] shame on you. [Pause] Fool me [long, uncomfortable, agonizing pause] you can't get fooled again.

You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.

We're going to have a White House forum there in Washington, D.C., obviously—that's where the White House is ...

WharfRat
03-07-2003, 11:54 PM
And then.....guess who said these:

When asked what's wrong with letting local school districts decide how best to spend federal education dollars, xxxx xxxxxxx replied, "because it's not their money"

"[I]t depends on how you define "alone" ... there were a lot of times when we were alone, but I never really thought we were."

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is"

"You can't say you love your country and hate your government."

"No one wants to get this matter behind us more than I do, except maybe all the rest of the American people,"

You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

"I'm just trying to suppress my natural impulses and get back to work."

And the deficit has come down for four years in a row for the first time since before the Civl War. I meant to say since before World War II. But maybe it should be since before the Civil War." The last time was actually 1944-1947 (WWII started prior to '44) followed by a year of surplus increase.

"The last time I checked, the Constitution said, 'of the people, by the people and for the people.' That's what the Declaration of Independence says."
Actually...that statement was from the Gettysburg address....

African-Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do."

the purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people"

The knife cuts both ways.... I'll enter my vote in the poll for the person who uttered these gems....

Sniper
03-08-2003, 04:42 AM
:lol: Those were pretty good too.

In all fairness, Clinton's gems mostly come from spin while GW's gems are a combination of "creative" grammar and the "comprehensive" knowledge he possesses. Another important thing to remember is their time in office. GW has managed to say all these things in 3 years compared to Clinton's 8 years. It's no wonder GW's handlers don't let him address the nation very often.

Here's a few more from GWB:

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program."
Hopefully it has been explained to him that Social Security is a federal program.

"And I know something about being a government. And you've got a good one."
Is he saying that he's a good monarch?

"Do you have blacks, too?"
He actually posed this "insightful" question to Brazil's President, Fernando Henrique Cardoso.

"I mentioned early on that I recognize there are hurdles, and we're going to achieve those hurdles."
Personally, I'd rather clear hurdles.

"This is a—this is a—any strike's a tough—tough situation, but this one happens to come at a—or a lockout is a tough situation, or no work is a tough situation—is to come at bad time."
Say what?

"I should have clarified it by my statement. I just clarified it by my—not should have—I just."
His attempt at "clarifying" another statement.

"A surplus means there'll be money left over. Otherwise, it wouldn't be called a surplus."
He must have learned this while getting his MBA at Harvard.

"It's one thing about insurance, that's a Washington term."
Wow. We use the same term here in upstate NY.

"Our priorities is our faith."
Granted, mixing up "is" and "are" is not a big deal. Many people do it all the time. They just don't sound very smart when they do it.

... I've been talking to Vicente Fox, the new president of Mexico... I know him... to have gas and oil sent to U.S.... so we'll not depend on foreign oil...
I guess he wasn't briefed that Mexico's oil would also be foreign.

"I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy."
I guess that makes more sense than a domestically-handed domestic policy.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."
I guess he sees no need to "pre-emptively" strike the fish... just yet.

"The woman who knew that I had dyslexia--I never interviewed her."
I guess he's fondly reflecting back upon his earlier days when he was a reporter or something.

"They have miscalculated me as a leader."
I would have guessed that Forrest Gump said that.:lol:

"I've got a tool, and that's called a veto"
It sounds like he read about the veto in Presidential Power for Dummies

"Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of 'Hop on Pop."
I hope he's talking about the Dr. Suess book. Even if this is the case, what in that book was so awe-inspiring that he still thinks about it to this day. Perhaps he's still trying to figure out parts of it?

''I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe—I believe what I believe is right."
Huh?

"I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and Hispanically."
'Nuff said.

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods."
:lol: "Astute" observation on his part.

"We hold dear what our Declaration of Independence says, that all have got uninalienable rights, endowed by a Creator."
IMO, the Founding Father's put it a little more eloquently.

"The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law."
...and it is the judicial branch's job to appoint Presidents

"We'll let our friends be the peacekeepers and the great country called America will be the pacemakers."
As in medical devices?

"I was raised in the West. The West of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to California."
GW displaying his geographical knowledge.

WharfRat
03-08-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Sniper

In all fairness, Clinton's gems mostly come from spin while GW's gems are a combination of "creative" grammar and the "comprehensive" knowledge he possesses. Another important thing to remember is their time in office. GW has managed to say all these things in 3 years compared to Clinton's 8 years. It's no wonder GW's handlers don't let him address the nation very often.

mostly spin? sorry Sniper, I don't agree with that.... most of those quotes are obviously ill thought out statements....and those are certainly not the ONLY quotes I could come up with throughout Clinton's time in office...
I'm sure we could fill several thread with quotes from both Bushs, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford and on, and on, and on.... but that wasn't my point.... to single out Bush as if he were the only President to sound foolish at times.... is rather short-sighted don't you think?

Marino1983
03-08-2003, 10:16 AM

Here's a few more from GWB:

Hopefully it has been explained to him that Social Security is a federal program.

Is he saying that he's a good monarch?

He actually posed this "insightful" question to Brazil's President, Fernando Henrique Cardoso.

Personally, I'd rather clear hurdles.

Say what?

His attempt at "clarifying" another statement.

He must have learned this while getting his MBA at Harvard.

Wow. We use the same term here in upstate NY.

Granted, mixing up "is" and "are" is not a big deal. Many people do it all the time. They just don't sound very smart when they do it.

I guess he wasn't briefed that Mexico's oil would also be foreign.

I guess that makes more sense than a domestically-handed domestic policy.

I guess he sees no need to "pre-emptively" strike the fish... just yet.

I guess he's fondly reflecting back upon his earlier days when he was a reporter or something.

I would have guessed that Forrest Gump said that.:lol:

It sounds like he read about the veto in Presidential Power for Dummies

I hope he's talking about the Dr. Suess book. Even if this is the case, what in that book was so awe-inspiring that he still thinks about it to this day. Perhaps he's still trying to figure out parts of it?

Huh?

'Nuff said.

:lol: "Astute" observation on his part.

IMO, the Founding Father's put it a little more eloquently.

...and it is the judicial branch's job to appoint Presidents

As in medical devices?

GW displaying his geographical knowledge.

Sniper- you the man !! :lol: :evil: Marino1983

WharfRat
03-08-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Marino1983

You want more of Clinton's M83? how 'bout a few of Gore's? :shakeno:

Marino1983
03-08-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by WharfRat
mostly spin? sorry Sniper, I don't agree with that.... most of those quotes are obviously ill thought out statements....and those are certainly not the ONLY quotes I could come up with throughout Clinton's time in office...
I'm sure we could fill several thread with quotes from both Bushs, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford and on, and on, and on.... but that wasn't my point.... to single out Bush as if he were the only President to sound foolish at times.... is rather short-sighted don't you think?

Yeah you are right about the other Presidents quotes Wharf but being as this is the here and now, it sort of goes with the territory !!!!!!!!!!! I mean didn't the republicans coin the term "spin" in the first place ? And used it's definition as an art form in the Clinton presidency ?

Even now, 3 years out of office the right wing still spins desparaging conservative b-s about B Clinton... Now if that isn't singling out a person then I don't know what a better example would be ...........:rolleyes: :) Marino1983

Marino1983
03-08-2003, 10:28 AM
You want more of Clinton's M83? how 'bout a few of Gore's? :shakeno:

It is basically immaterial Wharf because Gore is not sitting in the White House,,, IS HE ? :shakeno: Marino1983

WharfRat
03-08-2003, 10:35 AM
It is basically immaterial Wharf because Gore is not sitting in the White House,,, IS HE ? :shakeno: Marino1983

No...but you would have him there...wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

WharfRat
03-08-2003, 10:37 AM

Even now, 3 years out of office the right wing still spins desparaging conservative b-s about B Clinton... Now if that isn't singling out a person then I don't know what a better example would be ...........:rolleyes: :) Marino1983

Ok...so 3 years from now... I don't want to see anything that belittles Bush for these quotes... sound fair?

Marino1983
03-08-2003, 10:38 AM
No...but you would have him there...wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

Compared to what was installed by the S-C ,,, YOU BETCHA ! ;) Marino1983

WharfRat
03-08-2003, 10:44 AM
Compared to what was installed by the S-C ,,, YOU BETCHA ! ;) Marino1983

So then his quotes would be relevant...no?

Marino1983
03-08-2003, 10:46 AM
Ok...so 3 years from now... I don't want to see anything that belittles Bush for these quotes... sound fair?

Not quite Wharf.... The gop had spun hourly trash on B Clinton even before he took the oath of office in his first term ! Turn about is fair play and W has not even had 1/64 the attacks and dnc escalated "spin" that the right wing carried out on the Clinton administration for 8 years... But yet it STILL continues !!!:rolleyes: Marino1983

Marino1983
03-08-2003, 10:50 AM
So then his quotes would be relevant...no?

:confused: Why,, he is not the President .... Gore has no power or authority over the American people, he is an American citizen the same as you and I .. :confused: Marino1983

WharfRat
03-08-2003, 10:51 AM
Not quite Wharf.... The gop had spun hourly trash on B Clinton even before he took the oath of office in his first term ! Turn about is fair play and W has not even had 1/64 the attacks and dnc escalated "spin" that the right wing carried out on the Clinton administration for 8 years... But yet it STILL continues !!!:rolleyes: Marino1983

and the DNC did not "spin" hourly trash on Bush before he took office?

C'mon M83... it works both ways...that was my whole point...
media "spin" existed LONG before it was given a name... and will continue no matter who is in office...
It's a double standard to accuse one party of doing the same thing the other does.....

Marino1983
03-08-2003, 10:57 AM
and the DNC did not "spin" hourly trash on Bush before he took office?

C'mon M83... it works both ways...that was my whole point...
media "spin" existed LONG before it was given a name... and will continue no matter who is in office...
It's a double standard to accuse one party of doing the same thing the other does.....

I never said that the dnc hasn't spun trash on W,.. It is not up to the volume that the gop slung on the Clinton administration Wharf .. I guess you are right to a point that I am a little biased but considering the circumstances of how W gained the Presidency, and my feelings towards certain gop party members,, it is understandable .....:D Marino1983

WharfRat
03-08-2003, 11:03 AM
:confused: Why,, he is not the President .... Gore has no power or authority over the American people, he is an American citizen the same as you and I .. :confused: Marino1983

So, you're willing to say that you'd rather have him in office... yet not willing to hold him as accountable for his words ...
:confused:

WharfRat
03-08-2003, 11:04 AM
I never said that the dnc hasn't spun trash on W,.. It is not up to the volume that the gop slung on the Clinton administration Wharf ..

maybe you just listen differently depending on who the subject of the spin is..... ;)

Marino1983
03-08-2003, 11:21 AM
maybe you just listen differently depending on who the subject of the spin is..... ;)

Yeah you could be right Wharf..... When it comes to politics,, most people are trench dug in their beliefs and even a voice of reason can be considered an opponent.....:lol: Marino1983

Marino1983
03-08-2003, 11:32 AM
So, you're willing to say that you'd rather have him in office... yet not willing to hold him as accountable for his words ...
:confused:

Just for the record I wasn't thrilled with A Gore as the democratic candidate ! And can ANYONE honestly say they agree 150% to what a Presidential candidate believes in ?? My point is - yes there are policies that A Gore touched on that I agreed with and supported and there were some that I did not agree with ...

Being that I agreed with substantially more of A Gores policies than diagreed,, I supported him... Isn't that how the American political system works ? :confused: Marino1983

WharfRat
03-08-2003, 11:56 AM
Just for the record I wasn't thrilled with A Gore as the democratic candidate ! And can ANYONE honestly say they agree 150% to what a Presidential candidate believes in ?? My point is - yes there are policies that A Gore touched on that I agreed with and supported and there were some that I did not agree with ...

Being that I agreed with substantially more of A Gores policies than diagreed,, I supported him... Isn't that how the American political system works ? :confused: Marino1983

I could post the same exact words, and substitute the name Bush for the name Gore.... ;)
You're right... that's exactly how the American political system works.

Sniper
03-08-2003, 01:14 PM

Finding malapropisms for Presidents, other than GW, is much more work...

Now in all fairness, I actually just did an internet search specifically for Bill Clinton's malapropisms and I'm not exactly finding many relevant websites. http://search.earthlink.net/search?site=earthlink-ws&q=clinton%27s+malapropisms

If you do an internet search for Bush's malapropisms you will find many more relevant sites. http://search.earthlink.net/search?site=earthlink-ws&q=bush%27s+malapropisms

I'm not a big fan of any politician so if you got more on Clinton, please post them. Anything would be funny.

Sniper
03-08-2003, 01:40 PM

:lol: Glad you enjoyed them.

WharfRat
03-08-2003, 04:27 PM
Finding malapropisms for Presidents, other than GW, is much more work...

Now in all fairness, I actually just did an internet search specifically for Bill Clinton's malapropisms and I'm not exactly finding many relevant websites. http://search.earthlink.net/search?site=earthlink-ws&q=clinton%27s+malapropisms

If you do an internet search for Bush's malapropisms you will find many more relevant sites. http://search.earthlink.net/search?site=earthlink-ws&q=bush%27s+malapropisms

I'm not a big fan of any politician so if you got more on Clinton, please post them. Anything would be funny.

I found several just by searching on "Bill Clinton Quotes"...a few of those sites had links to others et al.

Sniper
03-08-2003, 06:13 PM
I found several just by searching on "Bill Clinton Quotes"...a few of those sites had links to others et al.

:lol:

Clinton certainly did have some good ones, but they are minor league compared to GW's. GW takes it to a whole new level.

WharfRat
03-08-2003, 06:34 PM

Clinton certainly did have some good ones, but they are minor league compared to GW's. GW takes it to a whole new level.

Actually .. IMO Dan Quayle took it to a level much higher than anyone else has, or maybe ever will.... I sure am glad he never went anywhere but home, after spending those 4 yrs as VP....

Marino1983
03-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Actually .. IMO Dan Quayle took it to a level much higher than anyone else has, or maybe ever will.... I sure am glad he never went anywhere but home, after spending those 4 yrs as VP....

Oh my now there is a skeleton from the right wings past... How could I forget some of poster BOY idiot, D Quayle speeches ... His gaffs became daily syndicated fodder ... :spit: :rofl: :evil: Marino1983

WharfRat
03-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Oh my now there is a skeleton from the right wings past... How could I forget some of poster BOY idiot, D Quayle speeches ... His gaffs became daily syndicated fodder ... :spit: :rofl: :evil: Marino1983

True... and the media was even more relentless with him than with Clinton eh? ;) Not that they didn't have good reason to be... he sure gave them enough ammo!! :lol: :eek:

Marino1983
03-08-2003, 07:03 PM
True... and the media was even more relentless with him than with Clinton eh? ;) Not that they didn't have good reason to be... he sure gave them enough ammo!! :lol: :eek:

Yeah but Quayle had a smug arrogance that the media picked up on and well, like you posted, Quayle played right into their hands and deserved every last negative spin he received as vp !!:lol: Marino1983

Sniper
03-08-2003, 09:01 PM

Dan "POTATOE" Quayle :lol:

Sniper
03-08-2003, 09:24 PM
Famous Dan Quayle quotes:

It's a good Supreme Court. They're lawyers... they're judges... they're appointed for life.

I've heard people say that [I have a short attention span]. I don't feel I do, because when I'm interested in something I'll stay in focus as long as it is necessary... If you get off on something I'm not very interested in, it's very easy for me to block it out. It's easy for me to block things out.

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.

Unfortunately, the people of Louisiana are not racists.

We lead in exporting jobs.

If you give a person a fish, they'll fish for a day. But if you train a person to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime.

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.

The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.

This election is about who's going to be the next President of the United States!

One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is `to be prepared'.

If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure.

What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.

Hawaii has always been a very pivotal role in the Pacific. It is in the Pacific. It is a part of the United States that is an island that is right here.

Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe.

The loss of life will be irreplaceable.

Hawaii is a unique state. It is a small state. It is a state that is by itself. It is a -- it is different than the other 49 states. Well, all states are different, but it's got a particularly unique situation.

It's wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago.

We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe.

I love California; I practically grew up in Phoenix.

WharfRat
03-08-2003, 09:30 PM
Good old Dan.... makes ya wonder how he found his way home at night doesn't it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sniper
03-08-2003, 09:31 PM
I can't see why anyone would choose him as a running mate.

WharfRat
03-08-2003, 09:38 PM
I can't see why anyone would choose him as a running mate. I never understood it either.... I remember being very, very concerned when Bush underwent surgery, and Quayle was officially in charge...it was only while Bush was under anesthesia... but scary nontheless...

themole
03-08-2003, 09:51 PM

83...It's not spin when it's the truth!

As for the hourly trashing of Clinton...the shameless jerk should be in jail.

IMO both political parties have a lot to answer to as far as where they have taken this country "Our Constitution" in the past 50 years. One thing I can say for the Dems., is that they have not strayed from there goal and that is to turn this country to socialism. They have had control of the gov. 40 of those 50 yrs. I despise them with a passion and the Republicans aren't that far behind. But at least they still will protect the right to own firearms and stand for a strong defense... and offense. They are for "individual" rights as opposed to "group" rights.

Honestly...I'm rather fed up with gay rights,fat peoples rights, skinny peoples rights, smokers rights, nonsmokers rights, animal rights,black rights,white rights,red rights, yellow rights. The list goes on and on. Seems like there is an advocate group for everything when in reality it should be only the rights of the individual that matter.

The people of this country better wake up and take charge by holding the politicians accountable.:yell:

WharfRat
03-08-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by themole

Honestly...I'm rather fed up with gay rights,fat peoples rights, skinny peoples rights, smokers rights, nonsmokers rights, animal rights,black rights,white rights,red rights, yellow rights.

Sorry mole... not to make light of your post... but this part makes me want to sing the old Armour Hot dog commrecial...
"fat kids, skinny kids, even kids with chicken pox, ...love hot dogs... armour hot dogs... they're the dogs kids love to bite!!!"

themole
03-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Sorry mole... not to make light of your post... but this part makes me want to sing the old Armour Hot dog commrecial...
"fat kids, skinny kids, even kids with chicken pox, ...love hot dogs... armour hot dogs... they're the dogs kids love to bite!!!"

:rofl: Damn Wharf, that ran through my mind also. Great minds...think a like!

WharfRat
03-08-2003, 10:40 PM
:rofl: Damn Wharf, that ran through my mind also. Great minds...think a like!

:rofl: :up:

Marino1983
03-09-2003, 02:21 PM
83...It's not spin when it's the truth!

As for the hourly trashing of Clinton...the shameless jerk should be in jail.

IMO both political parties have a lot to answer to as far as where they have taken this country "Our Constitution" in the past 50 years. One thing I can say for the Dems., is that they have not strayed from there goal and that is to turn this country to socialism. They have had control of the gov. 40 of those 50 yrs. I despise them with a passion and the Republicans aren't that far behind. But at least they still will protect the right to own firearms and stand for a strong defense... and offense. They are for "individual" rights as opposed to "group" rights.

Honestly...I'm rather fed up with gay rights,fat peoples rights, skinny peoples rights, smokers rights, nonsmokers rights, animal rights,black rights,white rights,red rights, yellow rights. The list goes on and on. Seems like there is an advocate group for everything when in reality it should be only the rights of the individual that matter.

The people of this country better wake up and take charge by holding the politicians accountable.:yell:

Well I disagree with you on Clinton as far as being jailed,, but I agree that at times he was a jerk though ;) ... But having said that mole I think that when you post that Clinton was a"shameless jerk" little W is proving to be an IDIOTIC jerk !!!

The spin on Clinton was cranked up so loud and so fast for his 8 years in office if it would have been bullets he would have had to been covered in kelvar head to toe !!!

As I posted earlier, I don't agree with everything the democrats retort.. There are democrats that I loath, not as many as republicans but yes they make my skin crawl ... But as I look back at what happened in the last Presidential election and the actions, comments, and political games that transpired under the direction of the republican right wing, it makes me very proud to be a registered democrat !!!!

Oh and you can call me a liberal as most conservatives love to do, but I believe that views fall under a more moderate political view..:evil: Marino1983

themole
03-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Well I disagree with you on Clinton as far as being jailed,, but I agree that at times he was a jerk though ;) ... But having said that mole I think that when you post that Clinton was a"shameless jerk" little W is proving to be an IDIOTIC jerk !!!

The spin on Clinton was cranked up so loud and so fast for his 8 years in office if it would have been bullets he would have had to been covered in kelvar head to toe !!!

As I posted earlier, I don't agree with everything the democrats retort.. There are democrats that I loath, not as many as republicans but yes they make my skin crawl ... But as I look back at what happened in the last Presidential election and the actions, comments, and political games that transpired under the direction of the republican right wing, it makes me very proud to be a registered democrat !!!!

Oh and you can call me a liberal as most conservatives love to do, but I believe that views fall under a more moderate political view..:evil: Marino1983

I didn't think for one second that you would agree with me on clinton.

clintons women problems while he was in office didn't make a hill of beans to me, but it did reveal a huge character flaw. If one can't be trusted with the small things in life such as "fidelity" how can one be trusted with things concerning national security? And he couldn't ... he sold our technology secrets to China!

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "jerk" to describe clinton, because he knew exactly what he was doing. His goal is a world controlled under one government, The "New World Order" where nations become states governed by the U.N.. That makes him a traitor in my book. As for "W", he may not be the best public speaker that I've ever listened to, but so far he is standing up for national defense. The last time I checked Yale hasn't been gratuating IDOITS.

In the last elections, the democrats got beat at their own game. As the elections unfolded it was obvious what the dems were up to. They just got out smarted for once at their own game.

OK...your a liberial! No great revalation there!

BTW... :evil: back at ya.

Peebs
03-09-2003, 05:42 PM
I never understood it either.... I remember being very, very concerned when Bush underwent surgery, and Quayle was officially in charge...it was only while Bush was under anesthesia... but scary nontheless...

We had a joke that if anything ever happened to Bush, the Secret Service had orders to immediately shoot Quayle.

themole
03-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Peebs
We had a joke that if anything ever happened to Bush, the Secret Service had orders to immediately shoot Quayle.

What the hell was wrong with Quayle? He spelled "Potatoe" the same way I do! :lol:

Peebs
03-09-2003, 05:56 PM
:eek:

;)

WharfRat
03-09-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Peebs

:spit:

Marino1983
03-09-2003, 06:59 PM
I didn't think for one second that you would agree with me on clinton.

clintons women problems while he was in office didn't make a hill of beans to me, but it did reveal a huge character flaw. If one can't be trusted with the small things in life such as "fidelity" how can one be trusted with things concerning national security? And he couldn't ... he sold our technology secrets to China!

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "jerk" to describe clinton, because he knew exactly what he was doing. His goal is a world controlled under one government, The "New World Order" where nations become states governed by the U.N.. That makes him a traitor in my book. As for "W", he may not be the best public speaker that I've ever listened to, but so far he is standing up for national defense. The last time I checked Yale hasn't been gratuating IDOITS.

In the last elections, the democrats got beat at their own game. As the elections unfolded it was obvious what the dems were up to. They just got out smarted for once at their own game.

OK...your a liberial! No great revalation there!

BTW... :evil: back at ya.

Ah mole if you had read the entire post I posted - "I didn't agree with you on Clinton, but said he was a jerk at times !:rolleyes: Being a conservative you can think whatever you want about Clinton and about me,, I really don't care ... As I have stated before my political beliefs are what I BELIEVE,,, not what YOU or any other right winger think I should believe !!

And do you have close contact with the deans of various colleges around the country ?? How can you say that a wealthy student or students haven't been pushed through college to appease a wealthy DONATING parent ??

As far as the last election's !!!! I am not going to get into a p***ing contest on a m-b about what I know to be factual in the shame that was the 2000 elections !!! :rolleyes:

And your great revelation is completely wrong mole .... It just must be very difficult for right wingers to grasp the fact that there are alternatives in the political spectrum to being a conservative and a liberal :confused: ..

And thank you for not at least calling me a conservative... Ill take a liberal tag over conservative ANYTIME ....:rofl: Marino1983

Chauncey
03-09-2003, 07:27 PM
The weiner the world awaited...

themole
03-09-2003, 07:28 PM
Ah mole if you had read the entire post I posted - "I didn't agree with you on Clinton, but said he was a jerk at times !:rolleyes: Being a conservative you can think whatever you want about Clinton and about me,, I really don't care ... As I have stated before my political beliefs are what I BELIEVE,,, not what YOU or any other right winger think I should believe !!

And do you have close contact with the deans of various colleges around the country ?? How can you say that a wealthy student or students haven't been pushed through college to appease a wealthy DONATING parent ??

As far as the last election's !!!! I am not going to get into a p***ing contest on a m-b about what I know to be factual in the shame that was the 2000 elections !!! :rolleyes:

And your great revelation is completely wrong mole .... It just must be very difficult for right wingers to grasp the fact that there are alternatives in the political spectrum to being a conservative and a liberal :confused: ..

And thank you for not at least calling me a conservative... Ill take a liberal tag over conservative ANYTIME ....:rofl: Marino1983

I did not SAY that you agreed with me on CLITON:evil: I said I didn't think for one second that you would!

If I'm a "Rightwinger" that makes you a "Wrongwinger" and I'll serve on the side of right gladly!::fire:
Don't try to pegion hole me I want fit!

As for a p***ing contest...I stand to take my p*** You sound like a squater to me!

Actually what you believe is in the minority anyway.

After that little tirade at least you want need to take your daily enema.
:lol: For the rest of this day I want be able to think M83 is full of Sh!t, but as for tomorrow.....

Feel better now?:D

Marino1983
03-09-2003, 09:23 PM
I did not SAY that you agreed with me on CLITON:evil: I said I didn't think for one second that you would!

If I'm a "Rightwinger" that makes you a "Wrongwinger" and I'll serve on the side of right gladly!::fire:
Don't try to pegion hole me I want fit!

As for a p***ing contest...I stand to take my p*** You sound like a squater to me!

Actually what you believe is in the minority anyway.

After that little tirade at least you want need to take your daily enema.
:lol: For the rest of this day I want be able to think M83 is full of Sh!t, but as for tomorrow.....

Feel better now?:D

So much for a civil discussion huh mole ...:rolleyes: But that is how your party handles discussion's,, responding back with personal attacks and utter conservative self righteous b- s !!!! I shouldn't be too surprised :( Marino1983

themole
03-09-2003, 09:47 PM

83, I felt that you fired one across my bow first by this post.

You tried to pigeon hole me as conserative. I admit I'm far more conservative than I think you are, but I don't like being pigeon holed by someone who doesn't know me.

If you want it civil then keep it civil.

Sniper
03-09-2003, 09:58 PM
When you guys say conservative, do you mean traditional conservative (like Pat Buchanon) or neoconservative (like Newt Gingrich)

themole
03-09-2003, 10:02 PM
When you guys say conservative, do you mean traditional conservative (like Pat Buchanon) or neoconservative (like Newt Gingrich)

Hi Sniper! Well, as you know, I'm a Buchanonite.

Sniper
03-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Hi Sniper! Well, as you know, I'm a Buchanonite.

Yes, I know ;) I just wanted to make sure when the word conservative was being tossed around, that it meant the same thing to everybody.

There are different types of conservatives... the traditional conservatives (I agree with much of their thinking... specifically an isolationist foreign policy and fair trade) and the neoconservatives (the rightwingers who scare the hell out of me)

Anyhow, I think I got this right. Did I?

themole
03-09-2003, 10:16 PM
Yes, I know :wink: I just wanted to make sure when the word conservative was being tossed around, that it meant the same thing to everybody.

There are different types of conservatives... the traditional conservatives (I agree with much of there thinking... specifically an isolationist foreign policy and fair trade) and the neoconservatives (the rightwingers who scare the hell out of me)

Anyhow, I think I got this right. Did I?

Yep Sniper, you and I are still rowing the same boat.:lol:

Sniper
03-09-2003, 10:20 PM
:lol: That's good.

themole
03-09-2003, 10:52 PM
:lol: That's good.

Now where do you see GW? Personally, I see him more as a neoconservative.

Well...I think you are right, but out of necessity. He has done a few things to cause them concern. In the past anything the U.N. wanted the Neos were more than willing to accomodate.

I've sensed an America first attitude from W.. Remember he threw some higher tarrifs on imported steel to prevent dumping, that surprised me. But in order for him to be really effective it will take a second term where he can't be threatened by being dumped.

Overall I like him so far.

Sniper
03-09-2003, 11:11 PM
Well...I think you are right, but out of necessity. He has done a few things to cause them concern. In the past anything the U.N. wanted the Neos were more than willing to accomodate.

I've sensed an America first attitude from W.. Remember he threw some higher tarrifs on imported steel to prevent dumping, that surprised me. But in order for him to be really effective it will take a second term where he can't be threatened by being dumped.

Overall I like him so far.

GW is a tough one to figure out.

That is true about the steel tariffs. I too was also surprised he did that. It was good move on his part.

I still see him being to cozy with Big Business...

When you mention the NWO, how do you see it? I guess I see it more as a multi-national corporate dominance of the world rather than a Communist world government. Either one is bad news in my book. What's your take?

themole
03-09-2003, 11:20 PM
GW is a tough one to figure out.

That is true about the steel tariffs. I too was also surprised he did that. It was good move on his part.

I still see him being to cozy with Big Business...

When you mention the NWO, how do you see it? I guess I see it more as a multi-national corporate dominance of the world rather than a Communist world government. Either one is bad news in my book. What's your take?

I see it the same as you. Multi-nationals = no allegiance to any country, they can be likened to a cancer or parasite IMO. I'm a Nationalist and Constitutionalist first and above any party allegiance.

Sniper
03-09-2003, 11:36 PM
I see it the same as you. Multi-nationals = no allegiance to any country, they can be likened to a cancer or parasite IMO. I'm a Nationalist and Constitutionalist first and above any party allegiance.

I think many of us are the same way. We may all have different ideas on how to make things better, but our goal is still the same. We all love this country and want the best for it.

My biggest problem with what is going on in the world today is I think many of these multi-nationals are infringing in parts of the world that don't want them there. The people in these parts of the world see it as America forcing them to change their way of life. They don't distinguish between us and the multi-nationals.

themole
03-09-2003, 11:59 PM
I think many of us are the same way. We may all have different ideas on how to make things better, but our goal is still the same. We all love this country and want the best for it.

My biggest problem with what is going on in the world today is I think many of these multi-national are infringing in parts of the world that don't want them there. The people in these parts of the world see it as America forcing them to change their way of life. They don't distinguish between us and the multi-nationals.

I think the terrorist knew exactly what they were doing when they attacked the WTC. After all what does it represent? The NWO. The other thing they hate us for is our closeness to Israel. That's just my thoughts.

Sniper
03-10-2003, 12:12 AM
I think the terrorist knew exactly what they were doing when they attacked the WTC. After all what does it represent? The NWO. The other thing they hate us for is our closeness to Israel. That's just my thoughts.

I agree that the targets had specific meaning to the terrorists.

The WTC is symbolic for Capitolism

The Pentagon was symbolic for Imperialism

Both are factors for NWO.

Our support of Israel is kind of like throwing gas on the fire.

This is what makes Iraq so tough. Do we go in, take Saddam out, and then put in a democracy? Personally I think this will infuriate the Muslim world as they will see it as the US infringing upon them, or do we sit and do nothing while WMD are developed. Talk about a rock and a hard place.

themole
03-10-2003, 12:36 AM
I agree that the targets had specific meaning to the terrorists.

The WTC is symbolic for Capitolism

The Pentagon was symbolic for Imperialism

Both are factors for NWO.

Our support of Israel is kind of like throwing gas on the fire.

This is what makes Iraq so tough. Do we go in, take Saddam out, and then put in a democracy? Personally I think this will infuriate the Muslim world as they will see it as the US infringing upon them, or do we sit and do nothing while WMD are developed. Talk about a rock and a hard place.

Sniper...my dad was X Army Ranger WWII and Korea and Bronze Star recipient, only 5800 people recieved that medal in WWII . He knew something about fighting and he told me many years ago to never go looking for a fight but... if you know that you must, hit first, often, hard and don't stop until your adversary is neutralized. That's kinda the same situation our military is in right now, they know another attack is coming and to live up to their constitutional obligation have to take them out in their backyard rather than ours.

I hate war but that is the only thing some people understand. War is not new to these people they have been fighting for hundreds of years. It's their culture.

Sniper
03-10-2003, 12:45 AM
Sniper...my dad was X Army Ranger WWII and Korea and Bronze Star recipient, only 5800 people recieved that medal in WWII . He knew something about fighting and he told me many years ago to never go looking for a fight but... if you know that you must, hit first, often, hard and don't stop until your adversary is neutralized. That's kinda the same situation our military is in right now, they know another attack is coming and to live up to their constitutional obligation have to take them out in their backyard rather than ours.

I hate war but that is the only thing some people understand. War is not new to these people they have been fighting for hundreds of years. It's their culture.

Point taken. War is more a part of their culture more than ours.

WharfRat
03-10-2003, 12:21 PM

:drinkers: Here here!!!!