Fin Fan in Cali
04-09-2006, 09:00 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

ponchovilla
04-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Very Nice.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-09-2006, 09:04 PM
This will have a base sticker of 26,000.00. Will be great for families, and couples as well. Will have 300 horse power. 6 Speed manual transmission. 0-60 in 5.5 secs, and standing quarter mile is 14.1 secs. City 22 mpg and highway 28 mpg. I thought I would post this in case anyone is interested. It is the feature story in this months Car and Driver magazine with a lot better pics. The engine is turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 16 valve inline-4 aluminum block and head port fuel injected.:wink:

Fresh
04-09-2006, 09:06 PM
I just copped a Black '06 Dodge Charger last week; the official D-Boy car...

dQbell
04-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Out of the three brands...Chrysler, Ford and Chevy, it seems Chrsysler has the best lineups. They also seem to be on top of their game. I have nothing to prove this, but it just seems they are far superior with marketing and producing more appealing cars.

Buddwalk
04-09-2006, 09:26 PM
wow pretty nice :wink: :wink: :wink:

Perfect23
04-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Not bad.

Silverphin
04-09-2006, 09:37 PM
All it need is some different rims.

TotoreMexico
04-09-2006, 09:49 PM
:cool2:

FinFan72
04-09-2006, 10:53 PM
thats a nice ride

Nappy Roots
04-09-2006, 10:54 PM
i dont like it personally.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-09-2006, 10:59 PM
i dont like it personally.It won't appeal to all. It's alternate to the vans for some families. It is a low profile 300 horses under the hood. Not a cop attention getter.:wink: Has a cooler for 5 sodas in the glove box.:wink:

tucker
04-09-2006, 11:05 PM
eh..dont really like it

Nappy Roots
04-09-2006, 11:07 PM
It won't appeal to all. It's alternate to the vans for some families. It is a low profile 300 horses under the hood. Not a cop attention getter.:wink: Has a cooler for 5 sodas in teh glove box.:wink:

damn. thats pretty cool. wish i had that!

i could put 6 packs of be...soda in there.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-09-2006, 11:09 PM
damn. thats pretty cool. wish i had that!

i could put 6 packs of be...soda in there.If you get a chance to take a look at this months Car & Driver they have a lot better pictures of the car from the side and back. :wink:

Roman529
04-09-2006, 11:38 PM
They have shown this car in a few commercials....it said starting at $13,000 in the commercial.....that must be with nothing on it. :wink:

lazareth
04-10-2006, 02:52 AM
just based off of this one picture...not real crazy about it...

Pagan
04-10-2006, 06:53 AM
Dodge does make some great looking cars. I don't know about the quality though. I've heard that this one - like the Ford Fusion - didn't do well on crash tests.

Motion
04-10-2006, 09:07 AM
This will have a base sticker of 26,000.00. Will be great for families, and couples as well. Will have 300 horse power. 6 Speed manual transmission. 0-60 in 5.5 secs, and standing quarter mile is 14.1 secs. City 22 mpg and highway 28 mpg. I thought I would post this in case anyone is interested. It is the feature story in this months Car and Driver magazine with a lot better pics. The engine is turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 16 valve inline-4 aluminum block and head port fuel injected.:wink:

:confused: Interesting, those numbers kinda contradict each other. Must have some really good top end.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Dodge does make some great looking cars. I don't know about the quality though. I've heard that this one - like the Ford Fusion - didn't do well on crash tests.Do you remember where you saw this or heard this from?

Philter25
04-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Out of the three brands...Chrysler, Ford and Chevy, it seems Chrsysler has the best lineups. They also seem to be on top of their game. I have nothing to prove this, but it just seems they are far superior with marketing and producing more appealing cars.
:spit: Out of those 3, mmmm, yea I would haveto agree they have the better lineups, but thats not saying much (I wont get into detail). If Chevy didnt have the Corvette and wasnt used for rental cars by everyone, I dont know how they would survive. They are no where near "on the top of their game."

They have shown this car in a few commercials....it said starting at $13,000 in the commercial.....that must be with nothing on it. :wink:

I would imagine that 13,000 is for the BASE Caliber... not the SRT-4.

themole
04-10-2006, 07:36 PM

They have done an excellent job capitalizing on the Hemi of old but in terms of quality, Ford and GM beat them hands down. None of the big three can(will) match quality with the Japanese. Hell, not even the French with their Nissan, who in my opinion is a close second.

themole
04-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Dodge does make some great looking cars. I don't know about the quality though. I've heard that this one - like the Ford Fusion - didn't do well on crash tests.

Probably, cause it was a wreck before it got there. :wink:

Fin Fan in Cali
04-10-2006, 07:55 PM
They have done an excellent job capitalizing on the Hemi of old but in terms of quality, Ford and GM beat them hands down. None of the big three can(will) match quality with the Japanese. Hell, not even the French with their Nissan, who in my opinion is a close second.I think model will do really well because it can hold cargo, carry a family, and has the horse power under the hood for the guys in the family. This one might be pretty good. My dad was a drag racer in his day, and he is pretty in touch on today's engines and there performance.:wink:

themole
04-10-2006, 08:22 PM
I think model will do really well because it can hold cargo, carry a family, and has the horse power under the hood for the guys in the family. This one might be pretty good. My dad was a drag racer in his day, and he is pretty in touch on today's engines and there performance.:wink:

Let's hope so FFIC. If I read your post correctly, this thing is pumping out 300hp from an aluminum 4 banger? If so that would worry me a little. I don't think I would buy the first years edition.

Fin Fan in Cali
04-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Let's hope so FFIC. If I read your post correctly, this thing is pumping out 300hp from an aluminum 4 banger? If so that would worry me a little. I don't think I would buy the first years edition.Between my dad and I we will definitely research it before I think of it. I also like it because my two dogs will fit in it comfortably. I drive the go cart in the family. I have a 2004 Toyota Matrix XRS with 185 hp for a 2800 lbs car. 6 speed. I like it a lot, so before I go getting some thing else, I am going to have to be wowed over.:wink:

Fin Fan in Cali
04-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Let's hope so FFIC. If I read your post correctly, this thing is pumping out 300hp from an aluminum 4 banger? If so that would worry me a little. I don't think I would buy the first years edition.The Caliber SRT4 is 300hp at a weight of 3200 lbs.

Philter25
04-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Let's hope so FFIC. If I read your post correctly, this thing is pumping out 300hp from an aluminum 4 banger? If so that would worry me a little. I don't think I would buy the first years edition.

The WRX STi puts out the same numbers. 2.5l 4cyl turbo. The Evo is putting out close to that, the Mazdaspeed is also close to that.... putting out 300bhp from a turbocharged 4cyl really isnt a feat at all and beside....... most good companies have figured out how to control it. If you get a durable 4cyl with good internals that can handle the extra psi of boost over a n/a engine, running 5-7 psi really isnt that stressful.

If anything, I would worry about the suspension and the ECU and how the turbo is setup.... make sure there is no boost creep, big enough wastegate, etc. etc.

Every first years model has problems. The goal is to make them minor which can be fixed by a TSB or a small recall.

Motion
04-10-2006, 10:16 PM

Nothing new.

Pagan
04-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Do you remember where you saw this or heard this from?
I'll see if I can dig it up..I read it somewhere but don't remember. I'll do the research.

On a different note...anyone else think that the girl playing the "fairy" in the commercial for this car is a hottie? :tongue:

Dodge Caliber Commercial. (http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=ghBig3jiSBw)

Silverphin
04-10-2006, 10:52 PM
I'll see if I can dig it up..I read it somewhere but don't remember. I'll do the research.

On a different note...anyone else think that the girl playing the "fairy" in the commercial for this car is a hottie? :tongue:

Dodge Caliber Commercial. (http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=ghBig3jiSBw)

I think Peter Pan tapped that.

Bjorn
04-10-2006, 10:55 PM
i dont like it personally.

neither do I. It reminds me of the Pontiac Vibe and that was garbage in my eyes.