PDA

View Full Version : Website Creating

SR 7
04-10-2006, 12:36 AM
Hey i was wondering how I can make my own website or where? Can someone give me information about this? I'd realy appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

King Felix
04-10-2006, 12:39 AM
try google and if u want (example www.sr7website.com (http://www.sr7website.com)) i think u have to pay money

SR 7
04-10-2006, 05:13 AM
ooo ok thanks

spydertl79
04-10-2006, 08:45 AM
I use bravenet (bravenet.com) they make it pretty easy.

Here's my site: http://www.wcpoker.bravehost.com

mor911
04-10-2006, 09:18 AM
The Mor works in the web hosting business and can pretty much answer any question you have (along with TheStern, Talos, and Mindwarp). I'll try to do a basic run down on how this works.

First you need to figure out what you need, and what you're willing to put up. Here's some questions you need to ask yourself:

- How much are you willing to spend?
- Do you need a feature in your host? (for example, PHP, ASP, or ASP.net)
- Do you need a domain name (for example, mine is themor.net)
- Do you know anything about web design?

If you don't want to spend money, your going to have to use a free host like the one in the post above. They usually will take care of the needs for a basic new person in the web business.

If you need a server feature (like PHP, ASP, or ASP.net) you're more than likely going to have to pay for a webhost. There are literally thousands of them out there. I'm sure you can find a decen one that offers the services toy need for about $5-$7 per month. When choosing a web host, look for someone credible and make sure they have a working phone number (not just a sales number). If you need some recomendations, let me know (no I won't recommend my company :wink: We do businesses and we're too expensive for a new-comer)

Domain names will run you about $9 per year, so that isn't such a big deal. I get mine from godaddy.com.

Don't forget that if you have no skills in the design area, make sure your host has some kind of design tools to make web building easy. Hope this helps.

:mor911:

FinsNYanksFan13
04-10-2006, 10:39 AM
I've been using Dreamweaver and Flash to create my websites but I haven't put anything on the web, just on the local host of my school. There's pretty simple programs to use IMO, expensive (if you buy it ;)) but worth it when you learn how to use it!