PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins | Team looking closely at Lawson

FinAtic8480
04-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Dolphins | Team looking closely at Lawson
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 06:32:33 -0700
Steve Doerschuk, of the Canton Repository, reports the Miami Dolphins are looking closely at North Carolina State DE/LB Manny Lawson (http://www.kffl.com/player/13748/nfl) as one candidate for their first-round pick in the upcoming NFL Draft (http://www.kffl.com/link/159).

Philter25
04-10-2006, 10:30 AM
You can change the name "Manny Lawson" with about 20 other candidates. Take this with a grain of salt and consider that what, 30 people, were visiting this weekend.

Geforce
04-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Lawson was one of the players the Dolphins looked at extensively at the Senior Bowl because he does remind some of a faster Jason Taylor.

Spray Mucus
04-10-2006, 11:14 AM
There is about 10-15 names that should be around at #16 I would be happy with, and Lawson is one of them :D

nick1
04-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Lawson would be great, he's going to be a big playmaker in this league

MiamiDolphins34
04-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Imagine Lawson and Arrington in the 3-4 D blitzing da livin' doodoo outta the qbs:eek:

Id draft Stanley Mcclover in the 3rd IF he was there.We need fast and big LBs to be succesful in the 3-4 with these guys wed have 1 of the best lb corps.We addressed the secondary via FA and Saban can draft a good safety in the 4th Darrell Hunter a cb and a wr skyler green or willie reid with the 3 7th rounders.

Motion
04-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Imagine Lawson and Arrington in the 3-4 D blitzing da livin' doodoo outta the qbs:eek:

Id draft Stanley Mcclover in the 3rd IF he was there.We need fast and big LBs to be succesful in the 3-4 with these guys wed have 1 of the best lb corps.We addressed the secondary via FA and Saban can draft a good safety in the 4th Darrell Hunter a cb and a wr skyler green or willie reid with the 3 7th rounders.

Seriously doubt we'd get both Arrington and Lawson.

Disgustipate
04-10-2006, 12:18 PM

And if we did, they probabaly wouldnt be on the field at the same time as Jason Taylor.

Taylor is a linebacker in the 3-4, people.

Predaphin
04-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Draft threads belong in the draft forum.

Dolphins | Team looking closely at Lawson
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 06:32:33 -0700

Steve Doerschuk, of the Canton Repository, reports the Miami Dolphins are looking closely at North Carolina State DE/LB Manny Lawson as one candidate for their first-round pick in the upcoming NFL Draft.

MiamiDolphins34
04-10-2006, 12:23 PM

I dont understand why cuz wed be dominant at the lb position.

MiamiDolphins34
04-10-2006, 12:25 PM
And if we did, they probabaly wouldnt be on the field at the same time as Jason Taylor.

Taylor is a linebacker in the 3-4, people.

Taylor is fast for a DE but not fast enough to be a lb in the 3-4

finfan54
oops! There goes Manny Lawson to someone else. its a ploy to get Lavar to the table.

phinphan11
Another example of the team doing their due dilligence....

Disgustipate
04-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Another example of someone NOT POSTING IN THE RIGHT FORUM. :tantrum:

UCFinfan86
04-10-2006, 12:28 PM

cuz if we get LaVar we have bigger needs to fill at DB, WR, OL then making our LBs outstanding instead of just great

PhinGeneral
04-10-2006, 12:28 PM

Exactly. The Dolphins will look closely at practically anyone who may be available at that time. It just receives more attention because it's a position of need.

Motion
04-10-2006, 12:37 PM

Because Saban is to smart to put all his eggs in one basket. We're not the Lions, we don't spend all our money on one position.

Motion
04-10-2006, 12:37 PM

Where do you think he played last year in the 3-4?

zodiak
04-10-2006, 01:29 PM
I was a fan of drafting Lawson early however after reading and hearing that some feel he is a Project and not a sure thing as a LB I might consider another LB if thats the pick.

Lawson I feel now will be a Boom or Bust....I still have a gut feeling he could be a great Rush LB ala Kevin Green in Capers old steelers D however I am not sure what responsabilities the SLB has in Sabans D, I recall seeinf Seau blitzing alot in the Jets game, however I cant seem to remember Spraguen doing much blitzing.

So I dont know I love Lawson's atheletisim over Carpenter & Greenway however I feel both of those players would make a faster impact, who would be the best of the 3 well I dont know.

Boomer
04-10-2006, 02:00 PM

Nope. There is legitimate and very strong interest in Manny Lawson at pick 16.

FACT.

Majpain
04-10-2006, 02:23 PM
If we get Lavar we wont get LAwson.

Geforce
04-10-2006, 02:29 PM
I was a fan of drafting Lawson early however after reading and hearing that some feel he is a Project and not a sure thing as a LB I might consider another LB if thats the pick.

Lawson I feel now will be a Boom or Bust....I still have a gut feeling he could be a great Rush LB ala Kevin Green in Capers old steelers D however I am not sure what responsabilities the SLB has in Sabans D, I recall seeinf Seau blitzing alot in the Jets game, however I cant seem to remember Spraguen doing much blitzing.

So I dont know I love Lawson's atheletisim over Carpenter & Greenway however I feel both of those players would make a faster impact, who would be the best of the 3 well I dont know.

For the most part, any LB we take at 16 will be somewhat of a project. With the veterans we have on the team, we can bring them along slowly until they are ready to take over. It may be the first game or the 8th. The point is, Lawson could learn alot from playing behind and with Jason Taylor.

Philter25
04-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Wow. It amazes me how little people really know about this team. We have a linebacking corps and we play a hybrid 3-4 formation. JT plays the OE position. We have 3 other linebackers. Crowder and Thomas are 2 of them. 3-2 = 1 last time I checked. Why would we draft Manny Lawson AND Sign Arrington to play ONE position? I will gladly take one or the other but I would never want BOTH as long as we still have JT playing the OE position. The only way it makes sense to have Lawson and Arrington is if we plan on getting rid of JT next year.....

Unless he was a QB, I would like our 1st round pick to see the field immediately....

Philter25
04-10-2006, 02:55 PM

Dood that wood be awesum! Then we kould have JT sitting the bench with his 11 million cap hit serving them water. Or else we could move him to SS......

MiamiMan147
04-10-2006, 03:00 PM
If we get Lawson and Arrington, one of those 2 or JT will sit. I can't see that happening unless you intend to not start Lawson until JT retires.

MiamiDolphins34
04-10-2006, 03:49 PM
cuz if we get LaVar we have bigger needs to fill at DB, WR, OL then making our LBs outstanding instead of just great

We beefed up the secondary via FA we could draft Lawson,Mcclover/Mcintosh/Leon Williams,safety Darrell Hunter a wr a dt and a cb or OL.Itd be sweet to have a lb corps like the steelers.

nick1
04-10-2006, 03:52 PM
he's a good question who would you perfer Lawson or Arrington? I would say Lawson because he doesn't have the injury history and would cost less. also, Lawson has better on the field awareness than Arrington does. I know Saban can fix that with Arrington but still

MrClean
04-10-2006, 06:14 PM
:lol: Are you serious? He runs a 4.6 forty, which is faster than many of the OLBs playing in the NFL.

Motion
04-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Wow. It amazes me how little people really know about this team....

Amen, so sad

Silverphin
04-10-2006, 11:01 PM
he's a good question who would you perfer Lawson or Arrington? I would say Lawson because he doesn't have the injury history and would cost less. also, Lawson has better on the field awareness than Arrington does. I know Saban can fix that with Arrington but still

That and Lawson is more versatile.

Imagine our 3-4?

LDE: Carter
NT: Traylor
RDE: Holliday

OLB: Lawson
ILB: Thomas
ILB: Crowder
OLB: Taylor

:drool:

VanDolPhan
04-10-2006, 11:04 PM
You can change the name "Manny Lawson" with about 20 other candidates. Take this with a grain of salt and consider that what, 30 people, were visiting this weekend.

Except that he's one of the few players Miami has spent incredibly specific time at the Senior Bowl and the Combine also. Combine that with an invite and that's 3 times. I would think he's a pretty good shot as he's one of the players that probably won't go higher then 16 unless Cleveland gets a woody for him.