PDA

View Full Version : Just got X-Box 360!

FinsNYanksFan13
04-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Only got fight night for it. Went looking for games and couldn't find much good (didn't want Madden since rosters have changed, ect). Anyone got any ideas on any good games I should look into buying (especially sports)!

Pagan
04-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Tomorrow MLB 2K6 comes out.

Your prayers are answered. :wink:

FinsNYanksFan13
04-10-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm definitely gonna check this out. I wish EA Sports still made MVP, that was one my favorites. I've been playing it since it was called Triple Play Baseball. I'm going through withdrawal!

mor911
04-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Oblivion is an amazing game. Right now the only good games IMO is Fight Night, Oblivion (two must haves) and Ghost Recon.

MLB 2K6 should be nothing short of amazing.

PhinsPhan
04-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Call of Duty 2 - I love this game. If you have a 5.1 setup it is insane how realistic some of the action feels.

Ghost Recon - Alot of people love this game. I think it is ok, but I have never played single player on it and I still have too strong of feelings for Call of Duty

Oblivion - Alot of people will tell you this is a must have game. My friend was so-so on it until he was about 4 hours into it. Then he played it 40 hours in one week, yes that is a full time job haha. He is still nuts about it.

Oblivion is probably one of the better games of all time.

Don't pickup Madden. It is junk. MLB should be great.

Pagan
04-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Oblivion is an amazing game. Right now the only good games IMO is Fight Night, Oblivion (two must haves) and Ghost Recon.

Bro....what about Call of Duty and Project Gotham?

Maybe you don't like racing, but man....not much can compare to the rush of racing against 7 other people in a Ferrari Enzo on XBox live! :rawk:

Also, Burnout Revenge just flat out rocks.

UltraDol-Fan
04-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Need for Speed doesn't suck either...

UCFinfan86
04-10-2006, 11:52 AM
NBA live is amazing. Call of Duty is vrey good as well. DONT BUY MADDEN!! i wouldn't take that game for free, its garbage

Dolfan11
04-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Some great games, IMO, that I currently have and all should have are:

-Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
-Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Fight Night Round 3
-NBA 2K6

The first three are the best on the system in all genres (rpg, fighting, and shooter). NBA 2K6 (if you like basketball) is a good game also. MLB2K6 is due out shortly, and that should be another gem.

mor911
04-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Bro....what about Call of Duty and Project Gotham?

Maybe you don't like racing, but man....not much can compare to the rush of racing against 7 other people in a Ferrari Enzo on XBox live! :rawk:

Also, Burnout Revenge just flat out rocks.
I honestly think PGR3 isn't as good as Forza is. I love racing games, but I'd take Forza over PGR any day. CoD never got me. I just get bored playing it. Thge whole WW2 thing is old now.

I heard that Burnout was great, but never played it so I didn't want to comment. The Mor is a huge fan of the Burnout series.

UltraDol-Fan
04-10-2006, 01:51 PM
I like Burnout, but I really only like the crash ones where you rack up damage. The online play just makes me really angry. It's fun, but I know if I bought it I would break things

Slappy8800
04-10-2006, 09:13 PM
ghost recon multiplayer is hours of fun!

finsrule84
04-10-2006, 09:44 PM
WOOHOO i'm getting mine around thursday. i just bought Oblivion and will be getting Call of duty 2 soon.

to Finsnyanks i would wait until next season's games start coming out to buy any sports games. right now most of them don't have all the features last gen's games have. just get oblivion :D

Mike13
04-12-2006, 10:41 PM
I hear NFS: Most Wanted and Ghost Recon are damn good.

finsrule84
04-12-2006, 11:28 PM
i would have gotten Ghost Recon but i heard it's too short, only about 10 missions. that's why i got COD 2, it's got 27 missions and i hear the multiplayer has been fixed now.

UltraDol-Fan
04-13-2006, 10:51 AM
you know, I played Pefect Dark Zero when it came out and I absolutely hated it. Thought it was garbage, hardly any auto aim, no jump button, etc. But my friend was going to trade in his copy so I bought it for $20 bucks, and now I can't stop playing it. The learning curve is like 1 to 2 hours, which sucks when you first start, but once you get used to it this game is great. I think the reason most people don't like it is because they play for 30 minutes or so and hate it. The multiplayer game types are fun, there is no spawn killing since you spawn in a room and then equip and then teleport into the battle, and most of the goons have all moved on to GRAW.

UltraDol-Fan
04-13-2006, 10:52 AM
oh, and the ability to add "bots" is awesome!

PeaTearGriffin
04-13-2006, 11:00 AM
You didn't like it because it didn't have auto-aim? that would just make the game way too easy. Also i haven't played it in awhile but i think in multiplayer there is a way to climb over things or jump i forget. I want to say you go next to the little wall and hold up on the d-pad or something.

UltraDol-Fan
04-13-2006, 11:22 AM
if you just walk into low walls you will jump over them...

...and it takes a long time to get used to the auto aim difference. It is like night and day compared to halo 2, and I think it is even less than Halo 1.

finsrule84
04-13-2006, 07:50 PM
WOOHOO got my 360 today!!!