PDA

View Full Version : ? for salaried employees. help

IronChef
04-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Ok I need your help here.. If your on salary for lets say 30k a year and you get paid weekly how much will you take home a week if you claim only 1. And will that amount differ depending on how many hours you work? Like will you get paid less if you work under a certain amount of hours? Thanks guys..

lazareth
04-10-2006, 11:55 AM
paycheck calculator (http://www.paycheckcity.com/NetPayCalc/netpaycalculator.asp)

UltraDol-Fan
04-10-2006, 01:49 PM
generally if you are a salaried employee you no longer have a time clock to keep track of how many hours you work. It is just expected that you show up on time and leave on time.

ponchovilla
04-10-2006, 01:58 PM
basically, when you are salaried, you give up the ability so say "na i don't want to come in". Your time is now the companies time. That is why you have to be careful accepting a salaried position.

Mindwarp
04-10-2006, 02:14 PM
basically, when you are salaried, you give up the ability so say "na i don't want to come in". Your time is now the companies time. That is why you have to be careful accepting a salaried position.

:yes: a lot of people are under the misconception that this works both ways, saying well I want to leave early, its ok im salery. Yeah, No. This is not the case. your time is now OWNED by the company.

/me cries

ponchovilla
04-10-2006, 02:21 PM
I took a job once(when i first got out of Culinary school) that offered me a salaried position. Money seemed great. 2 fired people later i had to redo the schedule. I had to fill in the missing slots. my hours to pay had me getting 7.00 an hour. lol

Spray Mucus
04-10-2006, 03:44 PM
If your still punching a time clock on Salary, you better look into that with your HR department, because that's just not right.

Now I know all state laws are different but, don't you technically have to have somebody as your inferior to be on salary? I could be wrong there though.

IronChef
04-10-2006, 04:01 PM
well its 5 day 50-55 hour work weeks... 1 week paid vacation every 6 months, and health insurance... base salary is 30k with 6k additional in bonus potential which breaks down to $1,500.00 every three months in bonus bringing my yearly total to 36k.....and they pay weekly so im trying to figure out how much I would get weekly after taxes...

WharfRat
04-10-2006, 04:04 PM

you also give up any overtime that you may get...

lazareth
04-10-2006, 04:27 PM
well its 5 day 50-55 hour work weeks... 1 week paid vacation every 6 months, and health insurance... base salary is 30k with 6k additional in bonus potential which breaks down to $1,500.00 every three months in bonus bringing my yearly total to 36k.....and they pay weekly so im trying to figure out how much I would get weekly after taxes...
did you try the paycheck calculator i gave you the link to?

IronChef
04-10-2006, 04:31 PM

yeah I checked it out thanks bro...

WharfRat
04-10-2006, 04:32 PM

I did...just to test how accurate it is....
It was almost right on the money... I think about .30 off....

Spray Mucus
04-10-2006, 04:38 PM

that's a lot of hours year round for that kinda scratch.

have you worked a 55 hour work week for a full month straight?

ponchovilla
04-10-2006, 04:45 PM
you also give up any overtime that you may get...

yep, stabilty over uncertainty though. You have to be happy with base salary first. Overtime is not guaranteed, but having a slow week will scare the hell out of an hourly resturant chef. You get cut early, come in late.

Hellion
04-10-2006, 04:53 PM
generally if you are a salaried employee you no longer have a time clock to keep track of how many hours you work. It is just expected that you show up on time and leave on time.

Actually it's get there early stay late and be on call at all times. Don't forget to dedicate your whole life to the company.:shakeno:

IronChef
04-10-2006, 05:09 PM
yep, stabilty over uncertainty though. You have to be happy with base salary first. Overtime is not guaranteed, but having a slow week will scare the hell out of an hourly resturant chef. You get cut early, come in late.

yep.. prep cooks 1st to go, then pantry or pizza cooks, while the saute and pasta cooks are left to cover their stations and one of the sations that was cut...ive even seen the entire back of the house get cut, except the saute cook and sous chef..

UltraDol-Fan
04-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Actually it's get there early stay late and be on call at all times. Don't forget to dedicate your whole life to the company.:shakeno:

not for me :D , but I've got a pretty easy boss and I'm not high enough on the corporate ladder yet to have a ton of responsibility.

FinaciousOne
04-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Don't forget to dedicate your whole life to the company.:shakeno:

Definately, I do. I'm a company man 100%. Get in early, leave late and work hard to earn my pay. Between posts, that is.:lol:

Whoops, gotta go! Here comes the boss. Look busy everyone!