PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer: No DNA Match in Duke Gang Rape Case

Celtkin
04-10-2006, 06:39 PM
DURHAM, N.C. — DNA (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27DNA%27%29;) testing failed to connect any members of the Duke University (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Duke%20University%27%29;) lacrosse team to the alleged rape of a stripper, attorneys for the athletes said Monday.
Citing DNA test results delivered by the state crime lab to police and prosecutors a few hours earlier, the attorneys said the test results prove their clients did not sexually assault and beat a stripper hired to perform at a March 13 team party.

Foxnews (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,191232,00.html)

These sort of things burn me up. With all the women who are violated, all it takes is one bad report to throw valid allegations into scrutiny. Not to mention, these young men faced 25 years to life and, if she is punished at all, the false accuser will get nothing close to that.

/soapbox

Coral Reefer
04-10-2006, 07:16 PM
DURHAM, N.C. — DNA (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27DNA%27%29;) testing failed to connect any members of the Duke University (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:siteSearch%28%27Duke%20University%27%29;) lacrosse team to the alleged rape of a stripper, attorneys for the athletes said Monday.
Citing DNA test results delivered by the state crime lab to police and prosecutors a few hours earlier, the attorneys said the test results prove their clients did not sexually assault and beat a stripper hired to perform at a March 13 team party.

Foxnews (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,191232,00.html)

These sort of things burn me up. With all the women who are violated, all it takes is one bad report to throw valid allegations into scrutiny. Not to mention, these young men faced 25 years to life and, if she is punished at all, the false accuser will get nothing close to that.

/soapbox

You are 100% correct.
These types of situations are what make it so hard for true rape victims to be taken seriously.

I haven't seen the report but if this does exonerate the "Duke boys" I doubt you'll hear any apologies to them.

Not to mention all the racial diviciveness that came from this as well. All that aggressive talk from "civil rights" leaders and SHE ends up the guilty one!

Will anyone cry racism as a motive in her false accusations? I doubt it. :rolleyes2

darkmistress
04-10-2006, 07:23 PM
I knew it... I knew it as soon as I heard the phone call to the police :yes:

Agent51
04-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Now the whole program's image of excellence is destoryed. Even though they are not guilty the program's reputatio is still tarnshed. They will still be judged and looked at differently from people, and I garuntee they still get boos and inappropriate signs at their games :shakeno:.

HysterikiLL
04-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Duke has a Lacrosse team?

ponchovilla
04-10-2006, 09:01 PM
rich kids, nothing will come of this.

HysterikiLL
04-10-2006, 09:03 PM
rich kids, nothing will come of this.

Pun intended? :chuckle:

Clark Kent
04-10-2006, 09:07 PM
They had pictures of her (with time and date) showing that she was all ****ed up when she got there...

Never listen to a stripper/hooker... Moral of the story.

Slappy8800
04-10-2006, 09:07 PM
ok so this was a party with the lacrosse team...im gonna go out on a limb and assume not only the lacross team was there....im sure someone on that team knows something

HysterikiLL
04-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Never listen to a stripper/hooker... Moral of the story.

so....so when Candy told me I was the biggest she'd ever had??? :(

Muck
04-10-2006, 09:36 PM
What sucks is that their season has already been canceled and the coach resigned.

Now what??

Celtkin
04-10-2006, 09:57 PM
What sucks is that their season has already been canceled and the coach resigned.

Now what??
Exactly. The team was decimated, the coach was shamed without a factual basis, racial accusations were made, sexual crimes were alleged...accustions of crimes that can NEVER be erased. There will always be those who believe that rich boys got off...as if any amount of money could buy off ALL the scientist at their state crime lab and buy off the entire prosecutor's office.

The stipper lied.

The guys, had they been wongfully convicted, would have spent effectively the remainder of their lives in prison.

The accuser will get probation or less...she was a 'victim of society' the liberal media will claim...she was a vindictive slut, the right wing media will proclaim. The truth lies somewhere in the middle but one thing is for sure: A proud program was shamed

.... (Duke has a Lacross program?)

FinaciousOne
04-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Are we sure that the whole thing isn't a publicity stunt to let the world know that Duke has a Lacrosse Team?

FinaciousOne
04-10-2006, 10:34 PM
so....so when Candy told me I was the biggest she'd ever had??? :(

Candy told Cartman the exact same thing! (And she knew you first):wink:

HysterikiLL
04-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Candy told Cartman the exact same thing! (And she knew you first):wink:

That *****! I want my dollar back!

FinaciousOne
04-10-2006, 10:37 PM
That *****! I want my dollar back!

She charged you a whole dollar???:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

HysterikiLL
04-11-2006, 12:04 AM
She charged you a whole dollar???:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

:foundout: Okay, so it was one of those chocolate coins. But I want it back!

Metal Panda
04-11-2006, 10:51 PM
lots of rape cases don't have DNA evidence.

also, the doctor's examination of the stripper did reflect potential sexual assault/rape. just no evidence linking it to the Duke lacrosse players.

I'm not commenting one way or another, just saying it isn't as "open and shut" as you all are saying.

Clark Kent
04-11-2006, 11:00 PM
lots of rape cases don't have DNA evidence.

also, the doctor's examination of the stripper did reflect potential sexual assault/rape. just no evidence linking it to the Duke lacrosse players.

I'm not commenting one way or another, just saying it isn't as "open and shut" as you all are saying.It's funny... DNA was everything before they found out none of the duke players had anything in that whores vag.

She was ****ed up before she got there. They have pictures with the time and date to prove that part... The DNA was icing.