PDA

View Full Version : 82-year-old gets $114 ticket for slow crossing

BAMAPHIN 22
04-10-2006, 07:49 PM
An 82-year-old woman received a $114 ticket for taking too long to cross a street. Mayvis Coyle said she began shuffling with her cane across Foothill Boulevard in the San Fernando Valley when the light was green but was unable to make it to the other side before it turned red.

She said the motorcycle officer who ticketed her on Feb. 15 told her she was obstructing traffic.

"I think it's completely outrageous," said Coyle, who described herself as a Cherokee medicine woman. "He treated me like a 6-year-old, like I don't know what I'm doing."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12255873/

Philter25
04-10-2006, 07:56 PM
People that old shouldnt be limping across streets.... she needs to get herself one of those motorized mr. mobility carts.

Serves her right....

ponchovilla
04-10-2006, 08:32 PM
HOOOOver Rounnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd. Man i miss bernice

FinsAreLife
04-10-2006, 09:38 PM
its so weird and ridiculous its actually funny....:chuckle:

i could just see it happening :chuckle:

Muck
04-10-2006, 09:42 PM
:woot:

Now they just need to ticket them for getting behind the wheel.

wazzy
04-10-2006, 09:43 PM
this is brutal but very funny! Someone needs to get her a scoot!

PassRush
04-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Thank god, nothing pisses me off more than something like that. This afternoon I was drivig to the store and about 100 yards in front of me there are some junior high girls crossing the street, slow, intentionaly trying to obstruct traffic. They actualy stopped in the middle of the centre lane to talk while traffic was coming. I wanted so bad to hit them; in the end I just swerved around them, leaning on the horn. They jumped into the next lane and flipped me off. They then had to dive to the sidewalk to avoid getting hit by another car that was on the same page with me. I dont care weather you are 7 or 107, if you cannot cross the street like you have somewhere to go, dont cross the street

FinaciousOne
04-10-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm sure we've all got our pet traffic peeves.
One of mine is people so immersed in their cellphone conversation, they don't realize how they're driving. Today I saw a woman make a left turn in sloooooow motion across 4 lanes of traffic as she talked on the phone. :shakeno:

byroan
04-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Heh, I had an old woman in front of me at a redlight just last week. The light turned green and she wasn't moving. You can't go straight, only turn left or right, we were in one of two left turning lanes. The other lane is moving along through the light while I'm sitting behind this old woman, so I honk my horn. She looks both ways into the intersection and just sits there. I honk my horn again and she looks into her rear view mirror like a *******. I ended up eventually getting into the other turning lane before the light turned red again, who knows wtf happened with her.

Gonzo
04-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Medicine woman? That coppah done ****ed up!:blowup:

HysterikiLL
04-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Thank god, nothing pisses me off more than something like that. This afternoon I was drivig to the store and about 100 yards in front of me there are some junior high girls crossing the street, slow, intentionaly trying to obstruct traffic. They actualy stopped in the middle of the centre lane to talk while traffic was coming. I wanted so bad to hit them; in the end I just swerved around them, leaning on the horn. They jumped into the next lane and flipped me off. They then had to dive to the sidewalk to avoid getting hit by another car that was on the same page with me. I dont care weather you are 7 or 107, if you cannot cross the street like you have somewhere to go, dont cross the street

Ah, young PassRush. One must confer to understand that ones situation is only constrained by his karma. The art of ones being is defined by his purity of mind. He, who with great purity of body, of soul, has, in turn, great purity of mind. It is with this great purity of mind, grasshopper, that one shall evade young crossing girls. It is with this great purity of mind, grasshopper, that one shall evade hot flying coffee, and rich housewife saliva. Follow me, young grasshopper, into the garden of purity, and become one with PassRush.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Boone
04-11-2006, 01:23 AM
An 82-year-old woman received a $114 ticket for taking too long to cross a street. Mayvis Coyle said she began shuffling with her cane across Foothill Boulevard in the San Fernando Valley when the light was green but was unable to make it to the other side before it turned red.

She said the motorcycle officer who ticketed her on Feb. 15 told her she was obstructing traffic.

"I think it's completely outrageous," said Coyle, who described herself as a Cherokee medicine woman. "He treated me like a 6-year-old, like I don't know what I'm doing."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12255873/
I surprised this doesn't happen more often!

PassRush
04-11-2006, 01:33 AM
Ah, young PassRush. One must confer to understand that ones situation is only constrained by his karma. The art of ones being is defined by his purity of mind. He, who with great purity of body, of soul, has, in turn, great purity of mind. It is with this great purity of mind, grasshopper, that one shall evade young crossing girls. It is with this great purity of mind, grasshopper, that one shall evade hot flying coffee, and rich housewife saliva. Follow me, young grasshopper, into the garden of purity, and become one with PassRush.

http://www.lonelycanuck.com/uploaded_images/subcategory_12_14-743683.jpg

POST... OF... THE... WEEK:lol: :lol: :lol:

HysterikiLL
04-11-2006, 02:05 AM
POST... OF... THE... WEEK:lol: :lol: :lol:

:chuckle: I've been on fire today.

rothshunger
04-11-2006, 04:25 AM
the sad part is some old people are alone and have no one to help or watch them and have limited means of travel and ways to support themselves and society can not help all of them

sugarcane
04-11-2006, 09:02 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

It could be your gramma/grampa someday folks. :evil:

Anyway I just got this pic email today.

Rocky Raccoon
04-11-2006, 11:40 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/sugarcane13/geezer.jpg

It could be your gamma/grampa someday folks. :evil:

Anyway I just got this pic email today.

:roflmao:

ih8brady
04-12-2006, 06:42 AM
HOOOOver Rounnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd. Man i miss bernice

I hear Marv Levy is the new spokesman for that product.

http://thatvideosite.com/view/2082.html

Scrap
04-12-2006, 06:58 AM
I really do hope to be the rare breed that moves at a decent speed in my old age. I won't hold my breathe.

Dors156
04-12-2006, 10:08 AM
:sidelol:

Quelonio
04-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Why is it that loosing 30 seconds to an old lady trying to get to the other side of the road does not bother me that much???

I mean, I'm going to get home ultimately, what is the point of fining a woman that still needs to get to places and does not have the ability? I know for a fact I would have been pissed if someone did that to my grandfather when he was trying to reach the grocery store or go out for a walk in which he exercised a little after in general not being able to do it?

We will all be there at one point, old and people are going to hope we where not allowed on the streets, and I honestly still want to live life when I am 80, and live it with all the freedom and all the benefits that life in itself is supposed to have.