PDA

View Full Version : Does Age Matter?

BAMAPHIN 22
04-10-2006, 08:34 PM
What's been a Hollywood trend since 35-year old Charlie Chaplin married his child bride, Lita, in 1924 has hit the masses.
The United States Census Bureau shows some 800,000 unmarried American couples are more than five years apart in age. And surveys from countries all over the world show increasing numbers of couples with an age-gap of more than half a dozen years (which, I guess, is what's considered "normal").

But just because it's common, doesn't make it easy.

Why It Works
As men and women's roles in society have evened out, our attitudes to what makes the perfect mate have broadened. No longer do we necessarily need someone our own age to build a home and raise a family together. At 30, 40 and even 50, we're healthier and more active than we've ever been; a couple of years here or there mean a lot less than they used to.

When It Doesn't Age differences might not make much of a difference now, but what about five, 10 or 20 years from now? Will you still want the same things out of life? Will you be able to work through it if you don't, or will it drive you apart? Many couples don't consider the potential consequences of one partner growing old while the other is still relatively young. How will you talk your pipe-smoking, slipper-wearing older man to hit the clubs with you? How will you navigate the shift from lover to caregiver?

http://channels.netscape.com/love/content.jsp?floc=ns-tos-toda-h-07&file=love/fun/doesagematter.jsp

ponchovilla
04-10-2006, 08:41 PM
if they gain something from each other, then if works.

HysterikiLL
04-10-2006, 09:01 PM
My mom was dating a 23 year old until I kicked his *** 2 weeks ago. Yeah, something I don't want to get into.

Muck
04-10-2006, 09:33 PM
My mom was dating a 23 year old until I kicked his *** 2 weeks ago. Yeah, something I don't want to get into.

And yet you brought it up anyway.

You will end up telling this story to us. :yes:

Muck
04-10-2006, 09:34 PM
If two people ultimately click, age doesn't matter. Simple as that.