PDA

View Full Version : Virginia LB A.Brooks in Supplemental Draft

Kyfinsfan
04-11-2006, 07:07 PM
It seems that A.Brooks, talented LB from Virgina, will apply for the supplemntal draft this year since he has been kicked off the team at UVA. Thoughts on taking him if we don't address the LB need in FA/draft?

Troysif
04-11-2006, 08:12 PM
isnt he a S/CB and hell yea id take him

UCFinfan86
04-11-2006, 08:13 PM
no hes a LB

UCFinfan86
04-11-2006, 08:14 PM
a deffinite top 10 prospect if he came out this year

motioncityhifi
04-11-2006, 08:26 PM
i dont think he was a top ten prospect had he come out this year with all the injury problems he had. that being said the guy is talented but has alot issues. i think it would be hard to spend more than a fifth on him in the supplemental draft.

kpcane
04-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Based on what he's done in college, I'd spend a 4th on him right now. I'd have to see how he worked out, but I don't think we could afford to spend more than a 3rd on him. Either way he'd be an absolute steal, just like Manny Wright.

nick1
04-11-2006, 08:30 PM
I'd definitely get him but of course if we get Manny Lawson or another top LB in the draft than we shouldn't get Brooks too. but if we go the whole draft without taking a LB and don't get Arrington than I think we should go after Brooks with a 4th or 5th

kpcane
04-12-2006, 11:46 AM
It shouldn't really matter whether or not we take Lawson, because Brooks is a MLB. I think Saban is going to do what Bellichick did in NE, by getting as many top-tier LB's as you can. IMO, that's what made NE's defense and super bowl teams what it was.

gunnakillbrady
04-12-2006, 11:49 AM
I played with Brooks at Fork Union Military Academy and he's a phenominal athlete i wouldn't mind givn up a 2nd rounder in the sup. draft given he passes a physical COMPLETELY healthy

nick1
04-12-2006, 01:20 PM
It shouldn't really matter whether or not we take Lawson, because Brooks is a MLB. I think Saban is going to do what Bellichick did in NE, by getting as many top-tier LB's as you can. IMO, that's what made NE's defense and super bowl teams what it was.
makes sense

Montella
04-12-2006, 01:43 PM
i would spend a 3rd or 4th round to get him, he would be a great pick for us and a good player in our 3-4 defense, he would learn a lot from zach thomas and would be a good replacement for him in the next years...

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

R.I.P :( (we will miss you)

Jimmy James
04-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Brooks was once projected as a top 10 pick when he turned pro, but the last year or so has been pretty bad for him between the drugs, his weight, his injury, and losing playing time to another decent Cavalier LB.

I can't remember whether I projected him going in the 4th or 5th now. I think he'd be value in the 4th and a steal in the 5th, but you have to know going in that he's going to have a crying spell and is going to have the trout eyed look that first year while he's getting it back together. I'm sure Nick will have his eye on him as a possibility in the supplemental draft.

MiamiDolphins34
04-12-2006, 01:44 PM

:yes: Blitzing the hell outta the qbs hell yea.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-12-2006, 02:04 PM
i don't want him.

gunnakillbrady
04-12-2006, 02:06 PM
i don't want him.

You'd be crazy not to want him it's just what ur willing to give up for him

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-12-2006, 02:26 PM
crazy? he's been kicked out of school for drugs, he's out of shape, he has injury concerns, he'd cost a first-day pick....no thanks to that.

Kyfinsfan
04-12-2006, 02:32 PM
I think you look at him at least. His talent alone has to be worth a 4/5. If nothing else LB's generally make good special teams players. Remember Zach was a 5th Rounder. If he can be had for that price range, I would pull the trigger.

Canadi-Phin
04-12-2006, 02:33 PM
For 5th I'd do it, anything earlier and I'd say no

kpcane
04-12-2006, 03:41 PM
:yes: Blitzing the hell outta the qbs hell yea.

If we want to start seriously considering ourselves as contenders for the SB this year, we need to figure out how to beat teams like the Colts, and the only way to beat Peyton Manning is to make the o-line "have issues".

gunnakillbrady
04-14-2006, 09:55 AM
If we want to start seriously considering ourselves as contenders for the SB this year, we need to figure out how to beat teams like the Colts, and the only way to beat Peyton Manning is to make the o-line "have issues".

And if he's healthy Brooks will do that and would be a steal for a 3rd rounder like I said before I'd even use a 2nd on him

Miamifin23
04-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Do remember with his size he is a ILB not OLB. I would love to pick him up, we already can see that we got a steal last year with Manny Wright in the supplemental draft. He has a lot of talent, but I wouldnt spend more than a 3rd or 4th on him.

Dolfan2788
04-14-2006, 07:13 PM
I'd put in a 3rd round bid for him if we didn't get a LB on the first day during the draft.

adamcal187
04-15-2006, 09:23 PM
I'd have to go 3rd round no matter who we pick this year. We should have a pretty good year so it would end up being probably around pick 85 in 07. Seems like great value getting a guy who had top ten talent going into the year for that pick. He is a great athlete and I'm pretty sure Saban could really get this guy going. Even if we did pick Lawson 1st round I'd still make the move. You would have to view it like Manny( not expect a whole lot right away except for maybe a depth player then in a year or 2 when his game comes around we would be set). Can you imagine having Lawson, Crowder, Brooks as our LB core for the next 5-7 years. Add in Daniels, Poole, Roth, Wright, Vickerson and all the other young DB's we added and we would have done a heck of a good youth movement in just 2 yrs.

Dors156
04-16-2006, 11:28 AM
id spend a third on him but i dont know about a 2nd