PDA

View Full Version : Important Evoltionary Find

Agent51
04-11-2006, 10:06 PM
This is kinda interesting

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4879672.stm

I see HUGE future debates between the "theory of evolution" supporters and the religious/bible supporters

ABrownLamp
04-11-2006, 11:07 PM
That fossil was put here by the Devil to trick us.

Believe in Jesus.

Slappy8800
04-11-2006, 11:11 PM

Believe in Jesus.

see i bet had i said this i wouldve gotten crap from the mods...:rolleyes:

we inch closer to proving once and for all evolution happened to us humans...not like any bible thumpers would believe it

Coral Reefer
04-11-2006, 11:13 PM

Believe in Jesus.

:lol:

I've actually heard many arguments like that from people who weren't joking.
There's no reason to rule out both possibilities IMO.
These guys that will follow the bible to word for word to disprove science make me laugh.

Evolution and a God could go hand in hand yet they'd fight you tooth and nail against it regardless of all the scientific evidence around us.

ABrownLamp
04-11-2006, 11:14 PM

we inch closer to proving once and for all evolution happened to us humans...not like any bible thumpers would believe it

You're right. Its obvious I get special treatment here and the mods do not like you. I've seen it. And everyone is out to get you. In fact I just reported you to an admin.

Slappy8800
04-11-2006, 11:15 PM
You're right. Its obvious I get special treatment here and the mods do not like you. I've seen it. And everyone is out to get you. In fact I just reported you to an admin.

dont use ur jesus mind games on me!

Nappy Roots
04-11-2006, 11:16 PM

:sidelol:

ABrownLamp
04-11-2006, 11:21 PM

I've actually heard many arguments like that from people who weren't joking.
There's no reason to rule out both possibilities IMO.
These guys that will follow the bible to word for word to disprove science make me laugh.

Evolution and a God could go hand in hand yet they'd fight you tooth and nail against it regardless of all the scientific evidence around us.

You actually believe we are descendants of monkeys???!!! Its absurd to think our ancestors were actually chimps. Dont let the liberal scientists and universities fool you.

Obviously, we were created out of dust by God. I mean come on. Doesnt that just make more sense???? I am insulted that anyone would think that I am related to a monkey.

Slappy8800
04-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Keep it clean and classy! Dispute the post, and do not make this personnal!

You actually believe we are descendants of monkeys???!!! Its absurd to think our ancestors were actually chimps. Dont let the liberal scientists and universities fool you.

Obviously, we were created out of dust by God. I mean come on. Doesnt that just make more sense???? I am insulted that anyone would think that I am related to a monkey.

.........ok, im gonna be banned for that i know it

Coral Reefer
04-11-2006, 11:25 PM

You should change your member name.....

ABrownChimp? :D

Muck
04-11-2006, 11:41 PM

Right. We would have put a jihad on your ***.

Anyway, I think there's a difference between being religious and being a fundamentalist.

DolphinDevil28
04-12-2006, 12:07 AM
So you're telling me there haven't always been amphibious animals?

A frog?

A gecko?

A salamander?

This is no big "revelation." There have always been land/water animals. All you have to do is look around outside to realize God created the world. Things are not the way they are out of chance.

...And I'm not even the most religious guy out there. I just know it takes a supreme being to create what Earth is.

...Also, it's perfectly fine to acknowledge that evolution has taken place. But, let me ask you. Who created that original being? How did it come about?

HysterikiLL
04-12-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm staying the hell away from this thread. I see this falling into the PoFo forum soon enough.

Majpain
04-12-2006, 12:31 AM
I'm just going to keep quiet in this thread.

ABrownLamp
04-12-2006, 01:27 AM
I'm just going to keep quiet in this thread.

oooooooooops

ABrownLamp
04-12-2006, 01:28 AM
Keep it clean and classy! Dispute the post, and do not make this personnal!

.........ok, im gonna be banned for that i know it

I don't know what you wrote here but I hope it was in jest

ABrownLamp
04-12-2006, 01:37 AM
So you're telling me there haven't always been amphibious animals?

A frog?

A gecko?

A salamander?

This is no big "revelation." There have always been land/water animals. All you have to do is look around outside to realize God created the world. Things are not the way they are out of chance.

...And I'm not even the most religious guy out there. I just know it takes a supreme being to create what Earth is.

...Also, it's perfectly fine to acknowledge that evolution has taken place. But, let me ask you. Who created that original being? How did it come about?
This is a specific fossil capturing the transition of an animal from water to land. A period of transition that scientists were missing as far as fossils for this animal.

As far as the God thing...I dont know how you could possibly know something like that outside of what your gut tells you. I'm sure your gut has been 100% reliable for you in the past.

Who created the original being? I dont know. Who created God?

DolphinDevil28
04-12-2006, 01:43 AM
This is a specific fossil capturing the transition of an animal from water to land. A period of transition that scientists were missing as far as fossils for this animal.

As far as the God thing...I dont know how you could possibly know something like that outside of what your gut tells you. I'm sure your gut has been 100% reliable for you in the past.

Who created the original being? I dont know. Who created God?

It's the everlasting debate, and I'm not trying to force religion on you. Please don't think that.

But I believe in God, and I don't think anyone created him. He always has been.

However, whatever missing links there have been, whatever links there will be...whether they are between fish and land animals...monkeys and humans...

That's fine. But, like I said earlier, how can those animals just "come about?" Out of the clear blue?

Did the "big bang," which was just a huge explosion of rocks and gas, create life forms as we know them today?

Did you know if Earth was .4 inches closer to the sun, we'd all burn to death? How can that be just "coincidence?"

PassRush
04-12-2006, 01:44 AM
I am going to keep my mouth shut. I have way too much to say on this toic and I have to work in the morning

Majpain
04-12-2006, 01:46 AM
oooooooooops

lol I ment from debating and or arguing.

unifiedtheory
04-12-2006, 01:48 AM
This thread is going to get really ugly...:eat:

Rocky Raccoon
04-12-2006, 01:50 AM
It's the everlasting debate, and I'm not trying to force religion on you. Please don't think that.

However, whatever missing links there have been, whatever links there will be...whether they are between fish and land animals...monkeys and humans...

That's fine. But, like I said earlier, how can those animals just "come about?" Out of the clear blue?

Did the "big bang," which was just a huge explosion of rocks and gas, create life forms as we know them today?

Did you know if Earth was .4 inches closer to the sun, we'd all burn to death? How can that be just "coincidence?"

holy hell is that true? :eek::eek:

ABrownLamp
04-12-2006, 01:53 AM

Bro, if you pour water onto your carpet in your closet, bacteria will form in under one week. That is life forming right there. Now imagine that bacteria festering and growing for millions of years.

I dont know about the big bang. I would have no idea. I believe its probably a lot more complicated than that. Especially since weve found stars in the universe we have calculated to be older than the universe itself.

As far as Earth being in perfect proximity and all the other things that had to happen for life...there are billions of stars in our galaxy and there are trillions of galaxies. Each one of those stars that you see in the sky is a sun. Think about that for a second. The likelihood of another planet being close enough to a sun with the right gravity like Earth is more probable than not.

DolphinDevil28
04-12-2006, 01:57 AM
holy hell is that true? :eek::eek:

Yup.

Majpain
04-12-2006, 01:57 AM
Oh boy this is gunna get ugly reeeaal quick:D'

:bob: :escape:

DolphinDevil28
04-12-2006, 01:58 AM
This thread is going to get really ugly...:eat:

No it's not.

I'm willing to have a perfectly civilized conversation, and I'm pretty positive ABrownLamp is also.

Slappy8800
04-12-2006, 01:59 AM
wow...did i call that or what....just wow. ....this is getting worse than the FCC here

Slappy8800
04-12-2006, 02:05 AM
I don't know what you wrote here but I hope it was in jest

it was...it was in reference to the notbeing related to chimps comment..i said i thought u were related to a different animal....one that has another name used as slang for a part of the body.....

DolphinDevil28
04-12-2006, 02:05 AM
wow...did i call that or what....just wow. ....this is getting worse than the FCC here

No, you did not "call that."

I am by no means a "bible thumper." Don't kid yourself.

I'm just a believer of God who knows that even if evolution took place, it was all a plan and the intricacies of the world today would not be possible just by scientific chance.

ABrownLamp
04-12-2006, 02:09 AM
I'm just a believer of God who knows that even if evolution took place, it was all a plan and the intricacies of the world today would not be possible just by scientific chance.

I have no prob with believing in God. But I dont understand why you would say it couldnt happen by chance. We may have other life in our own solar system for pete sake.

Slappy8800
04-12-2006, 02:12 AM
No, you did not "call that."

I am by no means a "bible thumper." Don't kid yourself.

what are u talkin about? u werent even in the convo yet when i posted what was censored

DolphinDevil28
04-12-2006, 02:28 AM
what are u talkin about? u werent even in the convo yet when i posted what was censored

OK, what was censored? All I saw from you was about the "bible thumpers."

You said this was going to get "bad," but it won't.

I'm having a perfectly civilized conversation. Not an argument.

HansMojo
04-12-2006, 02:33 AM
Bro, if you pour water onto your carpet in your closet, bacteria will form in under one week. That is life forming right there. Now imagine that bacteria festering and growing for millions of years.

I dont know about the big bang. I would have no idea. I believe its probably a lot more complicated than that. Especially since weve found stars in the universe we have calculated to be older than the universe itself.

As far as Earth being in perfect proximity and all the other things that had to happen for life...there are billions of stars in our galaxy and there are trillions of galaxies. Each one of those stars that you see in the sky is a sun. Think about that for a second. The likelihood of another planet being close enough to a sun with the right gravity like Earth is more probable than not.
:lol: Dude, I know you better than that. You did not just suggest that bacteria would spontaneously generate out of nothing and form in the closet as an example of the origin of life. I know it sounded like you said that in response to DolphinDevil28's post, but no. ABrownlamp, whom I hold in such high regard, did not just suggest that. I know this because you and I both know that the bacteria that would no doubt form on the wet carpet would have already been in the air or the water or on the carpet etc. and would not have spontaneously generated itself. You and I both know that if you have a completely sterile sealed container of completely sterile water and put this in that same closet beside the wet carpet, that after a week you'd have bacteria growing on the carpet but not in the sealed container. But I do appreciate the laugh.

Slappy8800
04-12-2006, 02:34 AM
i said its gonna get bad? i most certainly did not...and i already stated what was censored

DolphinDevil28
04-12-2006, 02:36 AM
I have no prob with believing in God. But I dont understand why you would say it couldnt happen by chance. We may have other life in our own solar system for pete sake.

Not doubting that.

But even if it's bacteria. Where does it come from? OK, if it's water. What all of a sudden made oxygen and hydrogen come together? Hell, what made oxygen and hydrogen?

What if it's a complex organism? See where I'm going here?

There is NO WAY that a big bang or proximity can prove that that's how life formed.

...And I know there's no way I can prove that God made life either.
But it makes a whole lot more sense.

I could go into the whole big religion thing. But I'm not going to. I'll just say this. I believe in God, and not because that is the way I was raised.

It's because I have made personal observations. I have looked around in life and realized that nothing could have put together such an intricate and complicated system besides an ultimate being. An architect, if you will.

I have a hard time believing that, through the "big bang," things would have ended up as perfectly as they have, you know?
Life has meaning. It's not a "chance."

We were created for a reason.

Slappy8800
04-12-2006, 02:38 AM
big bang didnt leave things perfect.....life has evolved over hundreds of millions of years

DolphinDevil28
04-12-2006, 02:47 AM
big bang didnt leave things perfect.....life has evolved over hundreds of millions of years

OK, but the "big bang," as it's called...

If it would have left things less than perfect as far as the Earth's proximity to the sun is concerned, all life would have not had the necessary environment to start, or would have been killed instantaniously.

See where I'm going?

All things happened for a reason. And that reason ain't "chance."

Slappy8800
04-12-2006, 02:53 AM
so this couldnt have happened "by chance" but some "being" creating it is believable?..im sorry i cant agree with that

DolphinDevil28
04-12-2006, 02:57 AM
so this couldnt have happened "by chance" but some "being" creating it is believable?..im sorry i cant agree with that

Well, that's fine.

But I just love hearing agnostics' explanations for how things have ended up the way they are.

It's entertainment. Nothing connects. Nothing makes sense.

The only thing that makes sense is God.

Slappy8800
04-12-2006, 02:58 AM
hmmm again ill disagree...God makes the least sense.

HansMojo
04-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Funny thing about this kind of discussion is it never really gets anywhere. It just always go back to whatever makes more sense to the individual since neither theory has been proven or disproven. It's like endlessly :deadhorse

Slappy8800
04-12-2006, 03:04 AM
my horse! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

DolphinDevil28
04-12-2006, 03:06 AM

Who created that horse???

J/K. :up:

HansMojo
04-12-2006, 03:06 AM
:lol: May he rest in peace.

HysterikiLL
04-12-2006, 05:11 AM
Funny thing about this kind of discussion is it never really gets anywhere. It just always go back to whatever makes more sense to the individual since neither theory has been proven or disproven. It's like endlessly :deadhorse

...and yet people will fight the fact that their particular belief is CORRECT until somebody is dead over it.

...and we still eat the innocent horse!

Slappy8800
04-12-2006, 05:27 AM
my horse :(

The Rev
04-12-2006, 05:54 AM
very interesting

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-12-2006, 01:36 PM
nobody knows. and we probably never will.

actually, paul bunyan created everything.

The Rev
04-12-2006, 03:25 PM
nobody knows. and we probably never will.

actually, paul bunyan created everything.

You might be thinking of Johnny Appleseed :wink:

dQbell
04-12-2006, 03:36 PM
From nothing comes nothing.

Agent51
04-12-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm trying SO hard (like a few other people) not to get caught up in the "God vs Theory of Evolution" debate and give my 2 cents. Partly because I don't want this to turn into another argument thread to be moved to the PoFo, lol, so I offer this:

CHUCK NORRIS in fact created Earth when he roundhouse kicked some asteroids together, and there is no "theory of evolution", just a list of creatures Mr. Norris allows to live :D .

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-12-2006, 05:22 PM
You might be thinking of Johnny Appleseed :wink:
they worked together. good teammates.

aquaattak
04-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Not doubting that.

But even if it's bacteria. Where does it come from? OK, if it's water. What all of a sudden made oxygen and hydrogen come together? Hell, what made oxygen and hydrogen?

What if it's a complex organism? See where I'm going here?

There is NO WAY that a big bang or proximity can prove that that's how life formed.

...And I know there's no way I can prove that God made life either.
But it makes a whole lot more sense.

I could go into the whole big religion thing. But I'm not going to. I'll just say this. I believe in God, and not because that is the way I was raised.

It's because I have made personal observations. I have looked around in life and realized that nothing could have put together such an intricate and complicated system besides an ultimate being. An architect, if you will.

I have a hard time believing that, through the "big bang," things would have ended up as perfectly as they have, you know?
Life has meaning. It's not a "chance."

We were created for a reason.

OK, so what if...seriously, we were created and our cultures/beliefs/environments created and watched like ants in an ant farm by aliens, much more cerebrically advanced beings :abduct:

SCall13
04-12-2006, 07:45 PM

:sidelol: