04-12-2006, 07:50 AM
Link removed.

***WARNING*** SOME possible nudity in thumbnail links

Buddwalk
04-12-2006, 07:54 AM
pretty good :buddwalk:

McDuffie81
04-12-2006, 09:30 AM
pretty good :buddwalk: Think he deserves a little more credit than that...

ponchovilla
04-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Show off. plus i think he was drumstick syncing. Someone else playing in the back ground. Aw nevermind, kid was very good.

Buddwalk
04-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Think he deserves a little more credit than that...

It was definitely good drumming man...what more do you want from me :chuckle:

I'll have my drummer take a look at it and i'll let him type of something here for you to read...btw my drummer is really really good :yes: [Been playing since he was 6 and hes 17 now]

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-12-2006, 09:35 PM
check out this 9-year old guitarist.

http://media.putfile.com/9-year-old-prodigy

SCall13
04-12-2006, 09:44 PM
possible, eh? :chuckle:

that's like saying some possible thong sightings in the Ladies Lounge :wink:

LOL. I was trying to stop just shy of a flashing neon light which reads: BOOBS ON LINK

Buddwalk
04-12-2006, 09:45 PM
check out this 9-year old guitarist.

http://media.putfile.com/9-year-old-prodigy

Yeah that kids amazing for his age

sloppy on some parts but you have to realize the kids freaking 9...amazes me...the kid shows great patience and actually has a feel for the notes unlike many players

Only thing i'd change is a pinch harmonic on that last note he hit and dive bomb it with the whammy bar...dimebag style :buddwalk:

The Rev
04-12-2006, 09:46 PM
If Buddwalk were ever to procreate...:yes:

Buddwalk
04-12-2006, 09:50 PM
If Buddwalk were ever to procreate...:yes:

:dday: lets not get carried away only 17

listening for the third time now...actually this is a warmup scale written by yngwie malmsteen...I have it somewhere on my computer :yes:

This has inspired me to create my own warmup...maybe just an improv thing

I'll record tonight maybe :wink:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-12-2006, 09:52 PM
sorry, i can't stand malmsteen unless it's a 9-year old.

Buddwalk
04-12-2006, 09:54 PM
sorry, i can't stand malmsteen unless it's a 9-year old.

how cant you stand malmsteen the guys a musical genious and one of the most amazing players to ever pick up the 6 string...he may be the cockiest sob ever but he atleasts admits him...Im not a huge fan but I do enjoy listening to some of his stuff, hes a prick for basically calling out steve vai in a guitar world magazine a couple monthes ago saying his playing is boring :shakeno:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-12-2006, 11:31 PM
his music is terrible. i can't stand it.

McDuffie81
04-12-2006, 11:49 PM

I'll have my drummer take a look at it and i'll let him type of something here for you to read...btw my drummer is really really good :yes: [Been playing since he was 6 and hes 17 now] :spit: ...................................................Wait! Are you serious???

Buddwalk
04-13-2006, 12:14 AM
:spit: ...................................................Wait! Are you serious???

I'll let him evaluate the whole thing from a drummers view my friend...how is this funny?

McDuffie81
04-13-2006, 01:27 AM
I'll let him evaluate the whole thing from a drummers view my friend...how is this funny? Nevermind... its possible I took it the wrong way. :confused:

Maynard the Hammer
04-13-2006, 01:36 AM

I'll have my drummer take a look at it and i'll let him type of something here for you to read...btw my drummer is really really good :yes: [Been playing since he was 6 and hes 17 now]consider yourself a lucky man. talented drummers are tough to find, esp. the ones who dig your stuff.

Roman529
04-13-2006, 01:54 AM
Speaking of drummers...

The Drummer for Def Leppard only has one arm..... Chuck Norris needed a back scratcher.

lazareth
04-13-2006, 04:47 AM

I'll have my drummer take a look at it and i'll let him type of something here for you to read...btw my drummer is really really good :yes: [Been playing since he was 6 and hes 17 now]

:spit: ...................................................Wait! Are you serious???

I'll let him evaluate the whole thing from a drummers view my friend...how is this funny? its ok, budd :chuckle: when i first read that i was thinking like, "my drummer will call your drummer" :lol:

inFINSible
04-13-2006, 06:59 AM
LOL. I was trying to stop just shy of a flashing neon light which reads: BOOBS ON LINK
Next time, stop just shy of posting the link. :wink:

Pagan
04-13-2006, 09:55 AM
his music is terrible. i can't stand it.
Say you don't like it, that's acceptable. Saying his music is terrible is ridiculous. Most of his music is influenced by Paganini. So then Pag's music must be terrible also?

I don't think so. Might not be your cup o' tea, but it's definitely NOT "terrible".

That's pretty much like when Jet fans used to say "Marino sucks!"

:rolleyes:

Buddwalk
04-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Say you don't like it, that's acceptable. Saying his music is terrible is ridiculous. Most of his music is influenced by Paganini. So then Pag's music must be terrible also?

I don't think so. Might not be your cup o' tea, but it's definitely NOT "terrible".

:yeahthat:

btw pagans music rocks :buddwalk:

Pagan
04-13-2006, 01:52 PM
:yeahthat:

btw pagans music rocks :buddwalk:
Thank you bro...you ain't heard nothin' yet. Gregg's writing some SICK **** for the next CD, and now we'll sound ALOT different when we get a new vocalist.

Buddwalk
04-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Thank you bro...you ain't heard nothin' yet. Gregg's writing some SICK **** for the next CD, and now we'll sound ALOT different when we get a new vocalist.

I actually recorded a little improv thing last night...going to work a little bit more on it and get it the way I want then i'll pm it to you for you to take a listen :wink: :wink: :wink:

Still never sent me a cd :nono:

Its ok whenever the gf lets me spend money on my self i'll buy a cd :chuckle:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-13-2006, 02:23 PM

his music isn't influenced by paganini, his music IS paganini. sorry, i just don't like to listen to someone with no originality and who focuses more on his technical playing than anything else. it IS terrible.

Buddwalk
04-13-2006, 02:24 PM
his music isn't influenced by paganini, his music IS paganini. sorry, i just don't like to listen to someone with no originality and who focuses more on his technical playing than anything else. it IS terrible.

I think i'll let pagan handle you :wink: :wink: :wink:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-13-2006, 02:31 PM
can't wait. he has such a great argument like "artist B is influenced by artist A, so you MUST like artist B, or you admit you don't like artist A."

Buddwalk
04-13-2006, 02:36 PM
can't wait. he has such a great argument like "artist B is influenced by artist A, so you MUST like artist B, or you admit you don't like artist A."

:chuckle: Some of thats actually true

But dude yngwie is so much more then your letting on...how many songs have you honestly heard by him..originality man, sorry im assuming you play guitar but i'd love to see you write something with half the musical genius that yngwie has put into every one of his songs

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-13-2006, 02:46 PM
genius? :lol: when he writes songs, the only thing he's thinking is how to show off. he's the worst of the worst. steve vai is 10 times the guitarist he is in so many different ways, and i don't even like vai that much. but at least he shows some effort into the MUSIC.

Buddwalk
04-13-2006, 02:47 PM
genius? :lol: when he writes songs, the only thing he's thinking is how to show off. he's the worst of the worst. steve vai is 10 times the guitarist he is in so many different ways, and i don't even like vai that much. but at least he shows some effort into the MUSIC.

give me your top 10 favs...I think vai and yngwie arent better then each other but amazing in there own ways. There playing style is also much different you cant compare them

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-13-2006, 02:52 PM
then i won't list my top 10, as apparently you can't compare guitarists.

Buddwalk
04-13-2006, 02:54 PM
then i won't list my top 10, as apparently you can't compare guitarists.

of the same genre yes

yngwie to batio
vai to satch
hammett to mustaine
page to perry

Pagan
04-13-2006, 02:55 PM
And you're argument that "I don't like him so he must suck" is so much more captivating! :rolleyes:

When you get right down to it Vai is a robot also, so you're not making much headway with that argument.

Apparently you've only heard the more popular Yngwie songs. Listen to "Crying" off the Trilogy album and tell me he has no feel.

Sure, he has his moments of completely wankery, and lately that's all he seems to be into, but back in the day no one could touch him.

I'll stand by my argument that to say his music is "terrible" is ignorant. Not his playing, his music, which is what you said.

He has written some excellent metal songs. "Black Star", "I'll See The Light Tonight", "Queen In Love", "Heaven Tonight", & "Locked & Loaded" come to mind right off the bat.

Like I said, to say you don't like someone or are not into what they're doing is fair enough. To say that someone who can play better than you, I, or 95% of the rest of people who play guitar is terrible shows either contempt or jealousy.

Again, like people yelling "Marino sucks!"

PS - I'd be interested to hear your "top ten" also.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-13-2006, 03:55 PM
his playing isn't terrible, that's the thing that can't be argued. his music IS terrible, and that's definitely up to debate. it's not a given that you CAN'T think his music is bad. i can't think his music is bad because i can't play guitar like him? please. he puts the music out there, and i'll criticize it how i hear it. and the music is just monotonous and boring, and it sounds like he just doesn't care about anything more than appearing as talented as possible. i dunno if i've heard all the songs you mentioned, but i've heard 15-20 in my life, and i didn't like any of them. why didn't i like him? because i think he's terrible. and vai isn't robotic. malmsteen is, batio DEFINITELY is (ugh), etc.

i doubt i could make a top 10. i can't even think of 10 guitarists i really like right now. i focus more on bands/groups than individuals, mostly 70s prog, like genesis, gentle giant, yes, pink floyd, magma, jethro tull....

Rocky Raccoon
04-13-2006, 03:56 PM
his playing isn't terrible, that's the thing that can't be argued. his music IS terrible, and that's definitely up to debate. it's not a given that you CAN'T think his music is bad. i can't think his music is bad because i can't play guitar like him? please. he puts the music out there, and i'll criticize it how i hear it. and the music is just monotonous and boring, and it sounds like he just doesn't care about anything more than appearing as talented as possible. i dunno if i've heard all the songs you mentioned, but i've heard 15-20 in my life, and i didn't like any of them. why didn't i like him? because i think he's terrible. and vai isn't robotic. malmsteen is, batio DEFINITELY is (ugh), etc.

i doubt i could make a top 10. i can't even think of 10 guitarists i really like right now. i focus more on bands/groups than individuals, mostly 70s prog, like genesis, gentle giant, yes, pink floyd, magma, jethro tull....

Yes and Jethro Tull are immensely underrated bands. and David Gilmour IMO is a top 10 guitarsit.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Yes and Jethro Tull are immensely underrated bands. and David Gilmour IMO is a top 10 guitarsit.
:yes:

d-day
04-13-2006, 04:11 PM
And you're argument that "I don't like him so he must suck" is so much more captivating! :rolleyes:

When you get right down to it Vai is a robot also, so you're not making much headway with that argument.

Apparently you've only heard the more popular Yngwie songs. Listen to "Crying" off the Trilogy album and tell me he has no feel.

Sure, he has his moments of completely wankery, and lately that's all he seems to be into, but back in the day no one could touch him.

I'll stand by my argument that to say his music is "terrible" is ignorant. Not his playing, his music, which is what you said.

He has written some excellent metal songs. "Black Star", "I'll See The Light Tonight", "Queen In Love", "Heaven Tonight", & "Locked & Loaded" come to mind right off the bat.

Like I said, to say you don't like someone or are not into what they're doing is fair enough. To say that someone who can play better than you, I, or 95% of the rest of people who play guitar is terrible shows either contempt or jealousy.

Again, like people yelling "Marino sucks!"

PS - I'd be interested to hear your "top ten" also.

pagan - i agree with pretty much everything you wrote here except...

When you get right down to it Vai is a robot also

a robot? steve vai? :lol: :whew:

steve vai would the last guitar player i would consider robotic - let's face it, most guitar player are pretty un-original - all the same stuff really: penatonic scales, modes, arpeggios... just different finger patterns really - steve vai has never gotten caught up in that trap - starting with his work with frank zappa - would you call any of that stuff robotic? hardly - then his first solo album - the attitude song robotic? it is one of the most original guitar pieces i've ever heard and that was recorded 22 years ago - his use of deharmonization in his recordings is outstanding - the only guitarist i know that even does that - robotic...?! :lol: :whew:

Pagan
04-13-2006, 04:18 PM
a robot? steve vai? :lol: :whew:

steve vai would the last guitar player i would consider robotic - let's face it, most guitar player are pretty un-original - all the same stuff really: penatonic scales, modes, arpeggios... just different finger patterns really - steve vai has never gotten caught up in that trap - starting with his work with frank zappa - would you call any of that stuff robotic? hardly - then his first solo album - the attitude song robotic? it is one of the most original guitar pieces i've ever heard and that was recorded 22 years ago - his use of deharmonization in his recordings is outstanding - the only guitarist i know that even does that - robotic...?! :lol: :whew:[/B]
In putting my foot in my mouth like that, I pretty much proved my own point.

I haven't listen to a whole helluva lot of Vai. What I've heard was robotic. By robotic I mean more concerned with technicality than anything else.

I'll take your word for it now and pick up some more Vai. :wink:

d-day
04-13-2006, 04:24 PM
In putting my foot in my mouth like that, I pretty much proved my own point.

I haven't listen to a whole helluva lot of Vai. What I've heard was robotic. By robotic I mean more concerned with technicality than anything else.

I'll take your word for it now and pick up some more Vai. :wink:

i think i owe you a few cd's :chuckle: - i'll burn passion and warfare for you if you like - i've been wanting to send you some other stuff too but you already have everything dammit! :wink:

Pagan
04-13-2006, 04:29 PM
i think i owe you a few cd's :chuckle: - i'll burn passion and warfare for you if you like - i've been wanting to send you some other stuff too but you already have everything dammit! :wink:
Well, obviuously not everything! :lol:

d-day
04-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Well, obviuously not everything! :lol:

do you have the new release of beachcombers by holocaust with all their b-sides? what about tones by eric johnson?

Pagan
04-13-2006, 05:44 PM
do you have the new release of beachcombers by holocaust with all their b-sides? what about tones by eric johnson?
Nope and nope!

See? :lol:

d-day
04-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Nope and nope!

See? :lol:

consider them burned and sent... :wink:

Pagan
04-13-2006, 07:44 PM
consider them burned and sent... :wink:
Very cool! You have my addy? If not I'll PM it.

d-day
04-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Very cool! You have my addy? If not I'll PM it.

pm me bro

Buddwalk
04-14-2006, 01:46 PM

passion and warfare is godlike...best cd I own :yes:

Pagan will enjoy it alot and his thoughts on vai being robotic will change in seconds :buddwalk: