04-13-2006, 07:14 PM
MLB 06 The Show on the PS2
Does anyone else play this game ?? cause it is a kick *** game

Slappy8800
04-13-2006, 09:14 PM
i played it at gamestop and really enjoyed it

Offerdahl56
04-17-2006, 03:33 PM
i've got it for PSP---not too bad actually....i was impressed...haven't played the PS2 version but I'd imagine it's just as cool.

i like the rumor mill and player management parts. seems a little more realistic.

Pagan
04-17-2006, 03:53 PM
WOW.

Just watched the gameplay video. Man....I'm heading back to the store to turn in my copy of 2K6 for this one.

FinFan72
04-18-2006, 05:23 PM
i like the create a career mode where you bring your player up thru the minor leagues and the other option i think is awesome is where you can skip to your next at bat

Agent51
04-18-2006, 05:43 PM
i like the create a career mode where you bring your player up thru the minor leagues and the other option i think is awesome is where you can skip to your next at bat

Really? That's awesome. The one thing that turns me off about baseball games is that they take SO long. I used to buy MVP (or whatever it was called originally, EA always changes the names of their franchises, like Knockout Kinds to Fight Night, etc) and I'd start a season and then like 20 games in I'd never touch it again just because it got very monotonous.

FinFan72
04-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Really? That's awesome. The one thing that turns me off about baseball games is that they take SO long. I used to buy MVP (or whatever it was called originally, EA always changes the names of their franchises, like Knockout Kinds to Fight Night, etc) and I'd start a season and then like 20 games in I'd never touch it again just because it got very monotonous.
when you are in career mode you go to the schedule and click "simulate to next apperance" and it is self explanatory now when you go into the game just go into the options and press "simulate to next at bat: and it is self explanatory

The best part about it is you dont have to use any player but your own if you choose to so 4-5 at bats and the game is over

IMO MLB 06 the show is the best baseball game to date

Agent51
04-18-2006, 11:05 PM
when you are in career mode you go to the schedule and click "simulate to next apperance" and it is self explanatory now when you go into the game just go into the options and press "simulate to next at bat: and it is self explanatory

The best part about it is you dont have to use any player but your own if you choose to so 4-5 at bats and the game is over

IMO MLB 06 the show is the best baseball game to date

That is awesome, like I said, I would get so tired of baseball games because they dragged on forever that I would never finish like a MONTH in the season, nevermind the whole thing, but that featre sounds awesome. So it sims the fielding for you too? Can you like sim to your next at bat but then play an inning or two of fielding too, but then sim to your next at bat again, or is it like if you activate it you JUST play your at bats and thats it, you can't go back and forth?

Pagan
04-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Picked this up yesterday. Have to admit that it completely kicks MLB 2K6's ***.

The player movements are so smooth! I only wish that it was on a next-gen system! I'm so used to killer graphics now! However, the gameplay more than compensates for the lack of next-gen visuals.

The career mode is amazing.

King Felix
04-21-2006, 12:02 PM
and can u play xbox live for xbox on it?

King Felix
04-21-2006, 12:02 PM
is it out for xbox? maybe i should trade in 2k6 and spend some more and buy it

Agent51
04-21-2006, 05:06 PM
is it out for xbox? maybe i should trade in 2k6 and spend some more and buy it

No XBox, its a Sony title

And Pagan, your avatar makes me cross-eyed :lol:

King Felix
04-22-2006, 01:29 AM
screw u 2k freakin buying rights

Jt0323
04-22-2006, 01:41 AM
thanks for this post, it was goona get 2k6 but now im getting the show

Kthurmus23
04-22-2006, 01:55 PM
what is the hitting like in the game, is it analog like the MLB series? or different?

FinFan72
04-22-2006, 02:01 PM
That is awesome, like I said, I would get so tired of baseball games because they dragged on forever that I would never finish like a MONTH in the season, nevermind the whole thing, but that featre sounds awesome. So it sims the fielding for you too? Can you like sim to your next at bat but then play an inning or two of fielding too, but then sim to your next at bat again, or is it like if you activate it you JUST play your at bats and thats it, you can't go back and forth?
Yes it does sim your fielding if you want it 2
and the atbat question you can simulate to your next atbat then if you decide to play for a inning or 2 you can then go right back to simulating to your next atbat, whatever you decide to do
Thats why i love this game :wink:

Agent51
04-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Yes it does sim your fielding if you want it 2
and the atbat question you can simulate to your next atbat then if you decide to play for a inning or 2 you can then go right back to simulating to your next atbat, whatever you decide to do
Thats why i love this game :wink:

I am definately getting this. I was looking through screen shots and I saw a bunch of contract stuff, what's the deal with all that? Do you like try out and get offers from different teams (kinda like the scholarship offers in NCAA football) or do you pick a club you wanna play with in the begining and then after that contract runs out others offer you? Also, as far as the minors, do you start there and get called up based on play, or do you do it manually whenever you want? Sorry for all the questions, lol, but blockbuster never seems to have a copy in and I wanna get all the details I can before I just go buy it.

FinFan72
04-22-2006, 08:53 PM
I am definately getting this. I was looking through screen shots and I saw a bunch of contract stuff, what's the deal with all that? Do you like try out and get offers from different teams (kinda like the scholarship offers in NCAA football) or do you pick a club you wanna play with in the begining and then after that contract runs out others offer you? Also, as far as the minors, do you start there and get called up based on play, or do you do it manually whenever you want? Sorry for all the questions, lol, but blockbuster never seems to have a copy in and I wanna get all the details I can before I just go buy it.

IMO Dont even bother wasting your money to rent it just go out and buy it cause it is well worth the $40

when you start your career you get to choose what team you want then you literally start at the bottom and you usually get a 2 year contract and when your contract ends then you will go into the offseason and teams will offer you a contract like 3-4 teams you pick whatever team you would like and you can negotiate for more money but watch out if you play with them to much they will go back to there original offer also you can add a players option or a owners option where your last year of your contract can be voided.

You cannot call yourself up to the majors you have to prove yourself first but you can request to be called up but you can only use that option once every 60 days

Agent51
04-22-2006, 09:17 PM
IMO Dont even bother wasting your money to rent it just go out and buy it cause it is well worth the $40

when you start your career you get to choose what team you want then you literally start at the bottom and you usually get a 2 year contract and when your contract ends then you will go into the offseason and teams will offer you a contract like 3-4 teams you pick whatever team you would like and you can negotiate for more money but watch out if you play with them to much they will go back to there original offer also you can add a players option or a owners option where your last year of your contract can be voided.

You cannot call yourself up to the majors you have to prove yourself first but you can request to be called up but you can only use that option once every 60 days

Wow, this sounds awesome. If you don't "request" to be called up what happens, you just keep playing good and eventually something will happen where they call you up?