PDA

View Full Version : Question for Boomer, Ck, other draft experts

Silverphin
04-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Okay, picture this scenario:

Nick Saban is on the clock. And he has decision narrowed down to two prospects: DB Jason Allen and DE/OLB Manny Lawson. Both would fill a need (Safety or Outside Linbacker).

Which player do we take?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-13-2006, 10:08 PM
lawson. allen has apparently failed some physicals and will drop to the 2nd, closer to the 3rd.

Boomer
04-14-2006, 03:23 AM
Don't be so quick to rule out Allen. It seems that those reports were a little bit erroneous. The 2 mosy trustworthy sources I know say that nothing has changed. And we found out last night that Allen is one of two players that Miami seems to be targeting.

Personally I think he'd take Lawson, but I think he'd use all 15 minutes.

HysterikiLL
04-14-2006, 03:37 AM
I think we'd go for Lawson before Allen. In a situation where it was narrowed down to those two, I would think some substantial BPA's would have dropped off the board in the target areas. I think Lawson will be seens as the guy with the most upside out of the two and probably a better pick overall.

MiamiDolphins34
04-14-2006, 04:48 AM
Lawson no doubt.Allen will prolly drop because of the hip injury and if we were to trade down wed still might get him.

Ghetti13
04-14-2006, 09:20 AM
I am not sure that I think either represents great value at that pick. Are Greenway, Wimbley, or Whitner on the board? Cause I would take any one of them over Allen and Lawson. Are Holmes and Jackson on the board? Cause I would take one of those two over Lawson and Allen too.

KB21
04-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Jason Allen.

Nick Saban is going to continue to use that SEC pipeline before his familiarity with those players dry up. Out of all the players in this draft, Jason Allen is the one that Nick Saban recruited the hardest out of high school and didn't get. He's the prototypical Nick Saban type of defensive back.

Don't buy into Todd McShay's report that he has failed a couple of physicals. If that were true, then that story would be running rampant right now. My guess is, someone has given Todd some misinformation, because not even Mel Kiper Jr. is buying into it. His updated big board is headlined by Jason Allen's rising stock in this draft.

FinFan57
04-14-2006, 09:46 AM
Boom

You mentioned a 2nd player the Dolphins are targeting, besides Jason Allen, who would that be?

TXFinFan
04-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Don't be so quick to rule out Allen. It seems that those reports were a little bit erroneous. The 2 mosy trustworthy sources I know say that nothing has changed. And we found out last night that Allen is one of two players that Miami seems to be targeting.

Personally I think he'd take Lawson, but I think he'd use all 15 minutes.

I think Allen would be the target if we traded down, but at 16, Lawson would be the better value. We can get a pretty good safety in the 3rd.

Silverphin
04-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Boom

You mentioned a 2nd player the Dolphins are targeting, besides Jason Allen, who would that be?

I think he's talking about Manny Lawson (correct me if I'm wrong). That's why I named Jason Allen and Manny Lawson for the question.

Anyway, thanks for y'all input.

Boomer
04-14-2006, 10:14 AM
No - Lawson isn't the 2nd target.

FinFan57
04-14-2006, 10:16 AM
C'mon Boom, quit teasing me. Who is the 2nd player, mate?

Silverphin
04-14-2006, 10:17 AM

Then who is?

NickJr.
04-14-2006, 10:17 AM

Who is it then?

Boomer
04-14-2006, 10:19 AM
Terna Nande

Silverphin
04-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Terna Nande

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/ternanande.html

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-14-2006, 11:06 AM
i remember hearing about nande before the season. haven't heard much about him since.

UCFinfan86
04-14-2006, 11:10 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/ternanande.html

damn benching 520 lbs

MiamiDolphins34
04-14-2006, 11:17 AM
I think Allen would be the target if we traded down, but at 16, Lawson would be the better value. We can get a pretty good safety in the 3rd.

:up:

KB21
04-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Terna Nande

:sidelol:

RunRickyRun34
04-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Terna Nande

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats for our 3rd Rounder Right?

Boomer
04-14-2006, 12:13 PM

It was all going so well.......................... :D

RunRickyRun34
04-14-2006, 12:25 PM

I think your wrong, Allen would be the target at 16 with Lawson being the target at the end of the round. If we don't take Lawson at 16 there is a chance he could freefall to the end of the round or early second.

Also, besides Watkins I can't think of any "good" safeties that can make an impact on our team in the 3rd round. I think the chances of us landing an impact OLB in the 3rd are MUCH MUCH greater then the chances of landing an impact Safety. This years draft has unbelievable LB depth, enough for a Gerris Wilkinson or Alston/Nande or even a tweener like McClover or Haralson or Gocong to drop to us.

Pocoloco
04-14-2006, 12:39 PM
I think your wrong, Allen would be the target at 16 with Lawson being the target at the end of the round. If we don't take Lawson at 16 there is a chance he could freefall to the end of the round or early second.

Also, besides Watkins I can't think of any "good" safeties that can make an impact on our team in the 3rd round. I think the chances of us landing an impact OLB in the 3rd are MUCH MUCH greater then the chances of landing an impact Safety. This years draft has unbelievable LB depth, enough for a Gerris Wilkinson or Alston/Nande or even a tweener like McClover or Haralson or Gocong to drop to us.

I agree 100%. Out of those two, Allen's the guy. Saban is more familiar with him anyhow

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-14-2006, 12:45 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats for our 3rd Rounder Right?
no, we're going to try and trade up into the top 10 to have a shot at him.

RunRickyRun34
04-14-2006, 12:52 PM
i remember hearing about nande before the season. haven't heard much about him since.

Haha yeh he is miraculously shooting up draft boards :sidelol:

Dolfan2788
04-14-2006, 07:04 PM
I think it depends on if we pick up Arrington or a veteran LB to fill Seau's vacancy.

But I hope we pick Lawson, I want to see if Saban can fulfill his prediction that if he had JT for 10 years he would be a HOF.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Haha yeh he is miraculously shooting up draft boards :sidelol:
he's that good.

Silverphin
04-14-2006, 07:15 PM

OMG...

Kyfinsfan
04-15-2006, 02:33 AM
In the rush to annoint Allen, let us not forget D.Whitner - OSU.

etsudolfan
04-15-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm from Tennessee and I'm pretty familiar with UT's players. I think Jason Allen would be a great pick.......not to mention Saban tried to recruit him to LSU out of high school. This is a guy Saban is familiar with..and as we have all seen from last year's draft..he likes to take guys he is familiar with. If he doesn't take Allen, I wouldn't mind seeing him take Ernie Sims from Florida State..that guy is a machine!...Just my take on the whole matter

etsudolfan
04-15-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm from Tennessee so I am pretty familiar with UT's players. I think Jason Allen would be a great pick with number 16. His hip injury has been over exaggerated. I mean the guy's work out went really well and not to mention Saban tried is very familiar with him from when LSU played Tennessee and on top of that..Saban tried to recruit the guy out of high school to play for LSU

etsudolfan
04-15-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm from Tennessee so I am pretty familiar with UT's players. I think Jason Allen would be a great pick with number 16. His hip injury has been over exaggerated. I mean the guy's work out went really well and not to mention Saban tried is very familiar with him from when LSU played Tennessee and on top of that..Saban tried to recruit the guy out of high school to play for LSU:dolphins: