PDA

View Full Version : Mind Of Mencia

Agent51
04-14-2006, 02:15 AM
Anyone else watch it? That guy is SO funny. Sometimes he carries on a joke a little too long, but for th emost part he cracks me up. I'm not at the point yet where I make it a point to catch his show (like I do with Family Guy :lol: ), but he's growing on me. I know a lot of people see him as a Dave Chapelle ripoff, but I think they have different styles, and his show cracks me up WAY more than the Chapelle show. Chappelle's stand up is hilarious, his show however, didn't really appeal to me. I could NEVER stand that "Rick James" skit, and I wanna punch people in the face who quote it a million times like they are so friggin' cool, lol. Anyway, anyone else like Mind of Mencia? There's one I saw the other day, pretty sure it was a repeat, but it's the one where he spoofs Brkeback Mountain. That skit wasn't very funny, but his Olympics one was great. The black speed skater bringing home gold cuz he had help from his "3rd leg", and then how they should have more black guys do the Biathalon (sp?) because "you ski, then you stop and shoot some targets, then you ski, and stop and shoot some more targets. What is that? It's a diveby on skis, the black guys wouldn't even have to stop, they could do a ski-by and save all that time, they'd be record-setters" :sidelol:

Coral Reefer
04-14-2006, 02:23 AM
watch it all the time.
Guy is hilarious.

TheAnswer385
04-14-2006, 02:24 AM
I honestly dont really think hes funny at all. Hes rather annoying.. sorry

Gonzo
04-14-2006, 02:56 AM
I honestly dont really think hes funny at all. Hes rather annoying.. sorry

Yeah, I tried watching it. Didn't find it funny. But, different strokes for different folks...so long as you don't like Andy Milanokis.

Agent51
04-14-2006, 03:06 AM
Yeah, I tried watching it. Didn't find it funny. But, different strokes for different folks...so long as you don't like Andy Milanokis.

UGH. I had a few of his videos from BEFORE he went on MTV, where he would freestyle rap about the most random stuff ever and it was funny cuz it was a fat white kid doing it. Then I heard he got a show and figured "well, this kid is gonna be ruined by MTV now" but I checked it out anyway. THE most ANNOYING thing EVER. I have avoided all stations withing 5 channels of MTV everytime it is on since that day, just so I don't accidently flip to it, lol.

d-day
04-14-2006, 03:09 AM
and it's just on before my favorite show - so i always end up at least catching 39 seconds of it...

:boohoo:

Gonzo
04-14-2006, 03:12 AM
and it's just on before my favorite show - so i always end up at least catching 39 seconds of it...

:boohoo:

:nono: the credits are bittersweet. Possibly the most annoying thing on the show, but signalling the end of something horrid.

Agent51
04-14-2006, 03:20 AM
:nono: the credits are bittersweet. Possibly the most annoying thing on the show, but signalling the end of something horrid.

Plus he flys over Hawai'i on his dog, it is a dog right? IDK, I've only seen the end credits once, I just remmber Hawai'i, lol.

d-day
04-14-2006, 03:20 AM

it's really awful - it's kinda like having sex with your landlord - you know the kind that makes you have to crap...

Gonzo
04-14-2006, 03:24 AM
Plus he flys over Hawai'i on his dog, it is a dog right? IDK, I've only seen the end credits once, I just remmber Hawai'i, lol.

Sorry I jacked your thread. It's not even on the same channel as Mencia, but its ****tiness transcends time and space, let alone channels. Mencia is at least funny to some people. Milanokis just makes people want to beat up a guy that looks like a kid.

HysterikiLL
04-14-2006, 03:25 AM
it's really awful - it's kinda like having sex with your landlord - you know the kind that makes you have to crap...

..in the butt?

Gonzo
04-14-2006, 03:25 AM

ahh yes. The vericose veins. mmmm....

d-day
04-14-2006, 03:26 AM
ahh yes. The vericose veins. mmmm....

the real you really jarred something loose tiger, stuff

Agent51
04-14-2006, 03:52 AM
Sorry I jacked your thread. It's not even on the same channel as Mencia, but its ****tiness transcends time and space, let alone channels. Mencia is at least funny to some people. Milanokis just makes people want to beat up a guy that looks like a kid.

Wait, how old IS Andy Milonakis?

*EDIT* Just Googled it, he is THIRTY!!!! WOW

dolfan_101
04-14-2006, 04:53 AM
Love his show, and his standup!

305TillIDie
04-14-2006, 06:21 AM
that guy is funny...nice stand up... but dave chapelle is the man...i plead the fif!:lol:

DrAstroZoom
04-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Mencia is notable because his humor really opens up dialogue. I find him very funny.

Jimi
04-14-2006, 11:22 AM
I like the show and watch it when i remember to, but i have a few problems with it. For one i hate how much he laughs at his own jokes- a little laugh is fine but i hate how he almost falls over from his jokes. Also sometimes he pushes the "im politically incorect and i dont care" thing to much. We get it, u dont have to say "WHat??!!its true, ya i said it" after every joke. Plus i dont kno if its tru but i heard hes been accused of takin other comedians material.

Overall i enjoy it tho.

DrAstroZoom
04-14-2006, 11:36 AM
I like the show and watch it when i remember to, but i have a few problems with it. For one i hate how much he laughs at his own jokes- a little laugh is fine but i hate how he almost falls over from his jokes. Also sometimes he pushes the "im politically incorect and i dont care" thing to much. We get it, u dont have to say "WHat??!!its true, ya i said it" after every joke. Plus i dont kno if its tru but i heard hes been accused of takin other comedians material.

Overall i enjoy it tho.

Comedian Joe Rogan wrote a post on his website publicly accusing Mencia of being a plagiarist, alleging that Mencia stole jokes from a number of comedians.

Mencia responded to the accusations while being interviewed on Tucson's The Frank Show, stating that Joe Rogan had fabricated these allegations out of jealousy. On his own website, Mencia denied accusations of plagiarism, arguing that the material in question was too generic to be attributed to any single comedian.

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Mencia)

Another criticism is that for all of his Mexican-related material, he himself is from Honduras.

Quelonio
04-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Mencia)

Another criticism is that for all of his Mexican-related material, he himself is from Honduras.

It's all the same anyway... :tongue:

I used to like him, but I agree with jimi, the worst thing about him is how he always says "see I ain't pollitically incorrect" I hate that, if you are not you are not you don't have to show it all up..

He has great mexican jokes too.

Agent51
04-14-2006, 04:44 PM

Overall i enjoy it tho.

Dude there was a amrathon on the other day and I saw the one where her was doing the whole spring break thing. He did the "DON'T GO TO A DONKEY SHOW" bit and the things he said almost exactly mirrored the scene in the begining of 40 Year Old Virgin where they are talking about their weekend and the guy talks about the girl doing a horse. Basically the only difference between Mencia's wording and the Movies wording where that the guy in the movie used "horse" and "weekend" and Menica used "donkey" and "spring break". Aside from the the way he described it was a carbon copy. "You think it's gonna be cool, but the you realize its just a girl doing a donkey and you are like, wow, that is sick" etc etc

Shula Come Back!
04-14-2006, 04:50 PM
That guy is hilarious, but I'll agree with 305, Chappelle is THE man!!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-14-2006, 08:22 PM
this guy is a complete hack. almost as bad as larry the cable guy. he only got a show because of the dave chappelle thing, so CC could fill their "racist minority" quota.

SKing29
04-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Oh yes I live in Tennessee and I have to deal with the Blue Collar Comedy Tour guys all the time. Larry the Cable Guy's Git R Done is the stupidest thing I ever heard, and Jeff Foxwrthy, Bill Engvall, and Ron White are all awful too. Plus Larry the Cable Guy makes all of his southerners look like backwoods drunk stupid hicks. All I can say is: Say no to Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-14-2006, 10:45 PM
"larry" isn't even a southerner. much like carlos mencia isn't mexican. both are just frauds who aren't funny.