PDA

View Full Version : G4 + E3 = 3 hours LIVE coverage every night

Medieval954
04-14-2006, 02:46 AM
Los Angeles – April 10, 2006 – Combining the high stakes of the Super Bowl, the excitement of the Oscars and the mania of March Madness, E3—the premiere event in the videogame universe—hits Los Angeles May 9–12, and G4 will be in the thick of the action with three hours a day of live, up-to-the-minute coverage. The network’s weeklong coverage begins with a special one-hour E3 Preview edition of “Attack of the Show,” followed by four days of extensive live programming from the Los Angeles Convention Center. Attack of the Show E3 Preview airs Monday, May 8 at 7:00 PM ET/PT. Four three-hour E3 06 Live Attack of the Show Specials will air Tuesday through Friday, May 9–12, from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM ET/PT.
G4's live E3 coverage was surprisingly good last year, in spite of their garbage network. Hopefully, they do exactly what they did last year, but with 2 extra hours per night added. Set your Tivo's :D

mor911
04-14-2006, 08:26 AM
The Mor loved G4's E3 coverage last year. Hopefully they step it up even more this year. They may get a few viewing ours from me every day of E3.

dQbell
04-14-2006, 09:01 AM
G4's live E3 coverage was surprisingly good last year, in spite of their garbage network. Hopefully, they do exactly what they did last year, but with 2 extra hours per night added. Set your Tivo's :D

I didn't realize G4 did this. I took the channel off my favorites on my TV. It's just a shallow gaming channel, but this is cool.

UltraDol-Fan
04-14-2006, 09:18 AM
I'd definitely watch it if it was hosted by Big C and Jenny Chu :D

mor911
04-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Lat year it was hosted by that dork from Attack of the Show and the chick and moron from Xplay. Morgan Webb's the only decent one, and that's only cause she half decent to look at. The guys all think they're funny, but they're not.

Mike13
04-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

Majpain
04-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Lat year it was hosted by that dork from Attack of the Show and the chick and moron from Xplay. Morgan Webb's the only decent one, and that's only cause she half decent to look at. The guys all think they're funny, but they're not.

Morgan is nice to look at.

Medieval954
04-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Adam Sessler was good back in the ZDnet/Techtv days when the show was called Extended Play. He used to have very good interviews with people in the industry and his reviews were very well done. Since they renamed it X-Play and stuck Morgan Webb next to him, it's become this annoying video game skit show with reviews thrown in as an afterthought.

Kevin Pereira is annoying at times, but otherwise tolerable.

Morgan is nice to look at.
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Not bad. :wink:

Blade
04-14-2006, 07:29 PM
i might have to check that out. the only show i watch on that channel is cheats like every now and then. buts that is. not one my favorite channels.

Buddwalk
04-14-2006, 07:44 PM
Adam Sessler was good back in the ZDnet/Techtv days when the show was called Extended Play. He used to have very good interviews with people in the industry and his reviews were very well done. Since they renamed it X-Play and stuck Morgan Webb next to him, it's become this annoying video game skit show with reviews thrown in as an afterthought.

http://cdn.maximonline.com/girls/morgan_webb/morgan-webb-gm_l1.jpg

Morgan is definitely sexy :yes:

I'll glance at the E3 from time to time...to see whats coming out, doubt i'll buy anything though

Amars
04-15-2006, 12:21 AM
i wish this was open to the public.

Majpain
04-15-2006, 01:15 PM
I wanna go to E3 : (

UltraDol-Fan
04-15-2006, 01:37 PM
my buddy got a ticket last year and took a week off work to go

AquaInferno
04-15-2006, 07:43 PM
Could someone tell me what the exact dates of E3 are?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-15-2006, 08:03 PM
why would G4 be covering this? it actually has something to do with video games.

Agent51
04-15-2006, 08:40 PM
i wish this was open to the public.

It is? You just need to buy tickets. It's not an "industry only" thing

VanDolPhan
04-15-2006, 09:09 PM
It is? You just need to buy tickets. It's not an "industry only" thing

Yes it is an industry only thing and those industry people actually have to buy their tickets. My one contract has always been too cheap to send me but I should get to go next year on my new contract as they are sending half the staff down this year and the other half the next year.

Agent51
04-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Yes it is an industry only thing and those industry people actually have to buy their tickets. My one contract has always been too cheap to send me but I should get to go next year on my new contract as they are sending half the staff down this year and the other half the next year.

It's not hard to get in, I get a pamphlet for it every year to order tickets and book the hotel. Just go sign up for some computer graphics magazine and pretend you are freelance, BAM, you get access. I gave the booklet to my friend last year and he booked his hotel and tickets. He wasn't even me, nor did he use my name, and he got in fine no problem. The thing that comes to me doesn't even ask your company name.

*EDIT* "Computer Graphics" and "Advanced Imaging Technologies" are two "industry only" publications that you can get that will also add you to the mailng list for the booking pamphlets around E3 time. When you are booking you can choose to book the hotel at the same time, or just purchase expo tickets, and they have all different packages, from just the expo floor to all sorts of meetings and seminars too.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-15-2006, 10:03 PM
He wasn't even me
fascinating. :lol:

Miami 13
04-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah last year I watched it everyday and it was really good. Can't wait for it this year!

Medieval954
04-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Could someone tell me what the exact dates of E3 are?
Sony's press conference is Monday afternoon May 8th.
Nintendo's press conference is Tuesday morning May 9th.
Microsoft's press conference is Tuesday afternoon May 9th.

Those are local times (west coast).

The show floor is open May 9th through May 12th.

AquaInferno
04-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Sony's press conference is Monday afternoon May 8th.
Nintendo's press conference is Tuesday morning May 9th.
Microsoft's press conference is Tuesday afternoon May 9th.

Those are local times (west coast).

The show floor is open May 9th through May 12th.

Thanks for the info.

Medieval954
05-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Quick update. The shows are from 6pm to 9pm every night from Tuesday to Friday. They will replay at 1 am. Monday is just a preview show from 7pm to 8pm. All times are east coast. :)

NuttyFin
05-01-2006, 07:59 PM
I can't wait for E3 on G4!

TJamesW_phinfan
05-01-2006, 08:00 PM

http://cdn.maximonline.com/girls/morgan_webb/morgan-webb-gm_l1.jpg

Damn I didn't know she posed in Maxim. I have always thought she was hot. :D

Medieval954
05-01-2006, 09:41 PM
G4tv.com has a listing on some of the features they have planned for next week's E3 coverage.

- Living legend Will Wright stops by to show off one the PC’s most eagerly awaited titles – Spore
- Cliffy B gives you a live, hands-on demo of Gears of War
- Xbox’s own Peter Moore brings the latest Xbox 360 news
- World renowned developer Peter Molyneux will tell you what’s next for Lionhead
- John Carmack visits the set to show off Quake Wars
- VU takes Kevin, Adam and Morgan into the world of Scarface with a live demo
- Live on-set demo of Too Human for the Xbox 360 by Silicon Knights’ Denis Dyack
- UbiSoft shows off Splinter Cell: Double Agent for the Xbox 360
- Hands on demo of Red Steel for the Nintendo Wii
- Alex Rigopolous, head of Harmonix stops by to give us a demo of Guitar Hero 2 for the PS2
- Jade Raymond, Exec Producer of Assassins: Creed stops in to talk about this new PS3 title from UbiSoft
- We sit down with Tony Hawk to discuss his latest Activision title

http://www.g4tv.com/features/53694/E3_2006_Copy_Part_2.html