PDA

View Full Version : You shouldn't laugh at this

ABrownLamp
04-14-2006, 07:38 PM
but you probably will anyway, you sicko.

I love Phil Collins too!!!
(http://dailysixer.com/tardsync.shtml)

Buddwalk
04-14-2006, 07:40 PM
how was this funny :confused: :confused: :confused:

ABrownLamp
04-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Its not. Thank you for being mature enough to see that.

Jt0323
04-14-2006, 07:41 PM
how was this funny :confused: :confused: :confused:
yeah i agree, i did not laugh at all. i feel bad for that kid, its ashame

Buddwalk
04-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Its not. Thank you for being mature enough to see that.

sure...I guess the kid may have had a problem, maybe he was born with his neck to close to his shoulders or something. But Just looked like a kid rocking out to some phil collins and having a good time. Like I said nothing funny about it

Majpain
04-14-2006, 07:43 PM
To me it looks altered...

ponchovilla
04-14-2006, 07:45 PM
I cant, can't, i am a sick ******* but...naw that aint funny. I would fear a midnight knock at the door and beat down by Jerry Lewis. I need to go take a nap now, thanks Lamp.

ABrownLamp
04-14-2006, 07:45 PM
sure...I guess the kid may have had a problem, maybe he was born with his neck to close to his shoulders or something. But Just looked like a kid rocking out to some phil collins and having a good time. Like I said nothing funny about it

I agree. Its a tragedy that more people dont think like you. In fact I posted this clip not because I found it amusing in any way, but because I wanted to educate that world the ret@rded children are people too.

Buddwalk
04-14-2006, 07:51 PM
I agree. Its a tragedy that more people dont think like you. In fact I posted this clip not because I found it amusing in any way, but because I wanted to educate that world the ret@rded children are people too.

Honestly I used to be apart of the crowd that would go around making fun of everybody til my brother was disagnosed with autism...now I feel for people and know how hard it is to deal with something like that.

ABrownLamp
04-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Honestly I used to be apart of the crowd that would go around making fun of everybody til my brother was disagnosed with autism...now I feel for people and know how hard it is to deal with something like that.

You really know how to kill the mood Budd

d-day
04-14-2006, 07:55 PM
kids got a spongebob shirt on

:yes:

Buddwalk
04-14-2006, 07:58 PM
You really know how to kill the mood Budd

How did I kill the mood...sorry man anymore anything affiliated with a kid that has a mental problem and people laughing I just find it seriously offending. I seriously feel for my brother that no matter what we do...money, love, anything he will never be cured. My dad is probobly one of the strongest people I've ever met but the weekend I went down when I first learned of him being disagnosed with autism...I walked in on my dad crying in his room, Its just that bad for my family...Im hoping they can find a cure, so my brother wont have to suffer like others i've seen at an older age

In_Flames
04-14-2006, 08:04 PM
yeah, I enjoy the occasional asian kid singing Backstreet Boys or a fat kid rocking out to Meatloaf (the singer, not the food), but a disabled kid lip syncing Phil Collins just isn't funny to me, sorry...:rolleyes:

Blade
04-14-2006, 08:14 PM
not funny to me.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-14-2006, 08:16 PM
it's funny to me. but i really hate phil collins.

NaboCane
04-14-2006, 08:22 PM
How did I kill the mood...sorry man anymore anything affiliated with a kid that has a mental problem and people laughing I just find it seriously offending. I seriously feel for my brother that no matter what we do...money, love, anything he will never be cured. My dad is probobly one of the strongest people I've ever met but the weekend I went down when I first learned of him being disagnosed with autism...I walked in on my dad crying in his room, Its just that bad for my family...Im hoping they can find a cure, so my brother wont have to suffer like others i've seen at an older age

Budd, researchers are almost to the point of fully understanding the disorder, so treatments aren't far behind. Even if it takes a few years, at least your brother lives in a time where autism is recognized and there is a strong effort to find its origins and treat it.

I became interested in autism for a couple different reasons, and I want to recommend a book that I think might help you and your family understand what your brother goes through, having the disprder.

It's by a lady named Temple Grandin, maybe you've heard of her. She's autistic since birth, diagnosed as a toddler. She is quite intelligentand has no communication barrier, fortunately for her. And for us too.

She's written several books now, but the one I'm referring to is called Thinking in Pictures. It's a truly amazing story, yet it's just about her life. If for any reason you can't get it, let me send you my ppbk copy, just give an address.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0679772898/qid=1145060374/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/002-0502909-7508832?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

TheAnswer385
04-14-2006, 08:30 PM
kids got a spongebob shirt on

:yes:haha thats about all i got out of it too :D

Buddwalk
04-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Budd, researchers are almost to the point of fully understanding the disorder, so treatments aren't far behind. Even if it takes a few years, at least your brother lives in a time where autism is recognized and there is a strong effort to find its origins and treat it.

I became interested in autism for a couple different reasons, and I want to recommend a book that I think might help you and your family understand what your brother goes through, having the disprder.

It's by a lady named Temple Grandin, maybe you've heard of her. She's autistic since birth, diagnosed as a toddler. She is quite intelligentand has no communication barrier, fortunately for her. And for us too.

She's written several books now, but the one I'm referring to is called Thinking in Pictures. It's a truly amazing story, yet it's just about her life. If for any reason you can't get it, let me send you my ppbk copy, just give an address.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0679772898/qid=1145060374/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/002-0502909-7508832?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Im going to try and find it at the local library thx man :wink:

My brother is lucky though they have a free program in prince william county for him that helps and all and its supposed to be the best one on the whole east coast

HysterikiLL
04-14-2006, 08:42 PM
That kid is a pretty damn good lyp syncer.

The Rev
04-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Im going to try and find it at the local library thx man :wink:

My brother is lucky though they have a free program in prince william county for him that helps and all and its supposed to be the best one on the whole east coast

Budd: I work with special needs children. If Ican ask, how old is your brother? I've worked with those children before.

ABrownLamp: it's not PC to say ret@rded. Try children with special needs or chil with cognitive or physical delays.

Sorry ABrown: didn't mean to sound arrogant. :wink:

wazzy
04-14-2006, 08:54 PM
yeah, I enjoy the occasional asian kid singing Backstreet Boys or a fat kid rocking out to Meatloaf (the singer, not the food), but a disabled kid lip syncing Phil Collins just isn't funny to me, sorry...:rolleyes:

Asian kid singing backstreet boys:sidelol: :sidelol:

305TillIDie
04-14-2006, 09:01 PM
in the air tonight is a pretty good song:wink:

Buddwalk
04-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Budd: I work with special needs children. If Ican ask, how old is your brother? I've worked with those children before.

ABrownLamp: it's not PC to say ret@rded. Try children with special needs or chil with cognitive or physical delays.

hes 5 turning 6 next month

They caught it when he was about 2

icephinfan
04-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Hey that kid was jammin' good for him!!!

icephinfan
04-14-2006, 09:06 PM
in the air tonight is a pretty good song:wink:

Yeah, that is a good song, freaky though about the concert thing!

305TillIDie
04-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Hey that kid was jammin' good for him!!!yeah.. he was..thats kool

King Felix
04-14-2006, 09:07 PM

They caught it when he was about 2sorry bout ur bro...

305TillIDie
04-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah, that is a good song, freaky though about the concert thing!i get hyped off that song man.. it gets me going:lol:

The Rev
04-14-2006, 09:09 PM

They caught it when he was about 2

He's very young and they caught it very early. The scientists are thinking now that Autism is a neurological disorder. It really might not be anything done invitro, during deliivery or post. Social skills are the key at this point.

PM me if you have any questions. Don't want to impose.:wink:

Buddwalk
04-14-2006, 09:11 PM
sorry bout ur bro...

Its cool man I dont ask for pity in these type of situations...All I can do is love him and pray :wink:

Buddwalk
04-14-2006, 09:12 PM
He's very young and they caught it very early. The scientists are thinking now that Autism is a neurological disorder. It really might not be anything done invitro, during deliivery or post. Social skills are the key at this point.

PM me if you have any questions. Don't want to impose.:wink:

Dont worry man im very knowledgable on this as well I did my 5 page essay on autism and got a 97% on it :wink:

The Rev
04-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Dont worry man im very knowledgable on this as well I did my 5 page essay on autism and got a 97% on it :wink:

Glad to hear it brother. :wink:

Celtkin
04-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Here is more from young Dog264 (http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Dog264). He posted a video this morning that he as since taken down. In many ways, I wish he had not because in the video he addressed the immature critics that touted his bravery.

In the video, he tearfully shows the camera that he does have legs and arms, fingers and a back (though terribly miscofigured by nature). I admire his courage despite his 'affliction'

It seems that the biggest affliction does not lie in the physical deformaties of 13-year old Ricky (AKA Dog264) but in the reactions of those whom are less developed.

ABrownLamp...thanks for sharing the video and to Budd who has shown maturity beyond his years. Props to HysterikiLL, NaboCane and all my brothers

WharfRat
04-14-2006, 10:13 PM
I started out only reading the first post...then watching the video.
By the time it was over, I loved the kid so much, that I was ready to ban anyone who actually had the audacity to make fun of him.
I am so glad that nobody did.

Budd... a good friend of ours in NYC has two autistic sons, and is deep into the research, methodology of coping (the family and the sons), learning about the condition, and support groups. He and his wife are absolute Saints IMO... good people with two wonderful boys. It's difficult, but certainly not hopeless. With love and understanding, it seems to work out fine.

Celtkin
04-14-2006, 10:19 PM
By the time it was over, I loved the kid so much, that I was ready to ban anyone who actually had the audacity to make fun of him.

Budd... a good friend of ours in NYC has two autistic sons, and is deep into the research, methodology of coping (the family and the sons), learning about the condition, and support groups. He and his wife are absolute Saints IMO... good people with two wonderful boys. It's difficult, but certainly not hopeless. With love and understanding, it seems to work out fine.

I love ya, Wharfy...

Buddwalk
04-14-2006, 10:20 PM

Im just hoping my brother doesnt get bad enough where were going to have to take care of him his whole life and have to wear like adult diapers and stuff such as that. But I will say this everytime I see him, I see improvement and it amazes me and really makes me happy like nothing else. To sit here and watch a kid struggle to do something, and then suddenly he can do it...just makes you feel good. Hes really intelligent though...I'll post a picture of him tomorrow...I'll scan one

In_Flames
04-14-2006, 10:23 PM
ok..fine

Celtkin
04-14-2006, 10:24 PM
now time for the funny....I present to you...Asian kids singing Backstreet Boys (http://www.zippyvideos.com/5540826164542846/asians_singing_backstreet/)
:mad: :shakeno:

What is the point? If this thread was about comedy, you wouldn't have needed to interject.

In_Flames
04-14-2006, 10:27 PM

What is the point? If this thread was about comedy, you wouldn't have needed to interject.

give me a break...just lightening the mood some...:rolleyes:

Buddwalk
04-14-2006, 10:28 PM

:yeahthat:

Also the modd doesnt need to be lightened In_flames...this thread doesnt need to be closed or anything but its just ignorant and wrong to even make this thread.

Celtkin
04-14-2006, 10:30 PM
give me a break...just lightening the mood some...:rolleyes:

Sometimes, it is best to let a message be a message and not dilute it with levity.

Example:

Me: "My child was born without a brain"

you: "Hey, that's great. Just think of all the money you'll save on books and clothes. :lol:"

In_Flames
04-14-2006, 10:31 PM
:yeahthat:

Also the modd doesnt need to be lightened In_flames...this thread doesnt need to be closed or anything but its just ignorant and wrong to even make this thread.

I agree the thread is ignorant and wrong...therefore I was trying to atleast lighten the mood since noone closed it...but forget it...

Buddwalk
04-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Sometimes, it is best to let a message be a message and not dilute it with levity.

Example:

Me: "My child was born without a brain"

you: "Hey, that's great. Just think of all the money you'll save on books and clothes. :lol:"

oh god thats horrible but funny because your using it as an example...now if something like that was true and someone said it my god that would just be horrible :wink:

In_Flames
04-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Look Celtkin, I didn't start the thread, nor would I ever, and don't judge me...you know nothing about me...

Celtkin
04-14-2006, 10:36 PM
I agree the thread is ignorant and wrong...therefore I was trying to atleast lighten the mood since noone closed it...but forget it...

Dude...the thread was fine. It was your response that seemed ignorant and appeared wrong.

No problem, though. We are here to expand and educate and I know you were just trying to make light of what you saw as a heavy thread. What disturbs me most is that you still don't seem to "get it"

Of course, I could be wrong... :wink:

Celtkin
04-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Look Celtkin, I didn't start the thread, nor would I ever, and don't judge me...you know nothing about me...

OK, now I am convinced.

You are clueless. Please go back and read the entire thread. ABrownLamp posted the thread to show how ignorant people are to make light of a person's afflictions. Everyone who replied (save you) echoed that idea. You decided to change the subject and make a joke...Budd and I pointed out that the joke was 'off-topic.'

We 'get it'

you don't

You are right, I don't know you and you are making that reality less and less appealing

In_Flames
04-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Dude...the thread was fine. It was your response that seemed ignorant and appeared wrong.

No problem, though. We are here to expand and educate and I know you were just trying to make light of what you saw as a heavy thread. What disturbs me most is that you still don't seem to "get it"

Of course, I could be wrong... :wink:

you can act superior and talk down to me all you wish but I am not a child...I get it...wrong time wrong place...no matter how funny it may have been.

In_Flames
04-14-2006, 10:42 PM
OK, now I am convinced.

You are clueless. Please go back and read the entire thread. ABrownLamp posted the thread to show how ignorant people are to make light of a person's afflictions. Everyone who replied (save you) echoed that idea. You decided to change the subject and make a joke...Budd and I pointed out that the joke was 'off-topic.'

We 'get it'

you don't

You are right, I don't know you and you are making that reality less and less appealing

you must have missed my post where I said that the video posted by BL was in no way funny...lay off, I retracted the asian kid singing video..if you would still like to debate PM me...

bullseyeguy
04-14-2006, 10:42 PM
I think children with Autism are amazing, and so are their families....

Celtkin
04-14-2006, 10:46 PM
you can act superior and talk down to me all you wish but I am not a child...I get it...wrong time wrong place...no matter how funny it may have been.

I am not 'superior" but you are making it seems so by drawing out the issue. You were mistaken but, rather than acting 'superior' and admitting so, you decided to attack me, Budd, and the thread in general.

Here's a hint for adulthood: When wrong, admit it.

I am sure you are not a 'child' but actions speak louder than words

In_Flames
04-14-2006, 10:52 PM
I am not 'superior" but you are making it seems so by drawing out the issue. You were mistaken but, rather than acting 'superior' and admitting so, you decided to attack me, Budd, and the thread in general.

Here's a hint for adulthood: When wrong, admit it.

I am sure you are not a 'child' but actions speak louder than words

I attacked no one, especially not Budd, and I did admit it was wrong time wrong place, and you are infact the one dragging things out...if you would like to further comment PM me...if not, be done with it...

Celtkin
04-14-2006, 11:06 PM
I attacked no one, especially not Budd, and I did admit it was wrong time wrong place, and you are infact the one dragging things out...if you would like to further comment PM me...if not, be done with it...

My response: What is the point? If this thread was about comedy, you wouldn't have needed to interject.

Your original reply: give me a break...just lightening the mood some...:rolleyes:

The response you implied you made: "Sorry...bad choice of words"

/done

I will not PM you privately about a public mistake. I was most offended about the claim that I was acting 'superior' to you when in fact I was just asking you to respect the thread.

Buddwalk
04-14-2006, 11:09 PM
its ok celt...his intentions were ment well and he did not offend me in any way. He decided to change this subject into something that actually is funny. However the maker of this thread should owe an apology for even making this thread. Its not quite offensive but for even applying a title such as you shouldnt laugh at this means he was thinking about laughing at this or people laughing at it. It wasnt funny at all actually quite touching and quite awesome that the kid was rocking out to some phil collins :wink: :wink: :wink:

Celtkin
04-14-2006, 11:13 PM
its ok celt...his intentions were ment well and he did not offend me in any way. He decided to change this subject into something that actually is funny. However the maker of this thread should owe an apology for even making this thread. Its not quite offensive but for even applying a title such as you shouldnt laugh at this means he was thinking about laughing at this or people laughing at it. It wasnt funny at all actually quite touching and quite awesome that the kid was rocking out to some phil collins :wink: :wink: :wink:

Alright, lil-bro. I will do as you wish but ABrown did make an important point and raised our awareness on this issue so we owe him thanks for what he did

Celtkin
04-14-2006, 11:19 PM
All is well and I bid you peace, brother

Buddwalk
04-14-2006, 11:22 PM
Alright, lil-bro. I will do as you wish but ABrown did make an important point and raised our awareness on this issue so we owe him thanks for what he did

Very True

No one is too blame and Im actually glad no one showed inmaturity in actually laughing at this :wink: :wink: :wink:

In_Flames
04-14-2006, 11:22 PM
All is well and I bid you peace, brother

same here man...:wink: