PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 QB's

miami234ever
04-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Who do you think the top five qbs in the league are right now?
Here's what I think:

1.Tom Brady
2.Peyton Manning
3.Daunte Culpepper
4.Donovan McNabb
5.Carson Palmer

ShuggieOtis
04-14-2006, 07:50 PM
the starting duo of Jon Kitna and Josh McCown.....

haha jk

Silverphin
04-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Here's what I think:

1.Tom Brady
2.Peyton Manning
3.Daunte Culpepper
4.Donovan McNabb
5.Carson Palmer

It's.... arguable... that Brady and Manning should be switched. But I think you're dead on.

Shula Come Back!
04-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Without being biased...
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Daunte Culpepper
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Carson Palmer

[RB]
04-14-2006, 07:53 PM
1.Peyton
2.Pepper
3.Brady
4.McNabb
5.Palmer

footballer
04-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Here's what I think:

1.Tom Brady
2.Peyton Manning
3.Daunte Culpepper
4.Donovan McNabb
5.Carson Palmer

carson should be #3 on here, and daunte #5, if he hadnt dropped out of the top 5 ( in all honesty, he stunk it up in minnie last year b4 his injury ) overall.

also mcnizzle isnt the 4th best in the L...

my list would go...( i know no one cares, just humor me. )

1. brady
2. peyton
3. palmer
4. ruthless-burglur
5. matt hassleback
....yea, daunte (at this point in time) isnt in the top 5 (imo), but hopefully will be top 5 by week 5 ;)
i'd put daunte ( even with the bad year last year) anywhere between 8-10...

FanMarino
04-14-2006, 07:56 PM
1.Brady
2.Manning
3.Palmer
4.Culpepper
5.Rothlisberger

TexPhinPhan
04-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Without being biased...
r

Right, not being biased yet Daunte is #3 Ahead of Carson Palmer? Right.

1.P Manning
2. T Brady
3. Carson Palmer
4. Donovan Mcnabb
5. M Hasselback

TexPhinPhan
04-14-2006, 07:58 PM
p.s.

I think that Daunte may get back into the top 5, but he isnt there yet

Simmer Finner
04-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Right, not being biased yet Daunte is #3 Ahead of Carson Palmer? Right.

1.P Manning
2. T Brady
3. Carson Palmer
4. Donovan Mcnabb
5. M Hasselback

That looks about right to me.. but things could change if pepper gets back into his old self..

LaL08Kb12004
04-14-2006, 08:05 PM
Here's what I think:

1.Tom Brady
2.Peyton Manning
3.Daunte Culpepper
4.Donovan McNabb
5.Carson Palmer

If we are talking about individual performance
1. peyton manning
2. Carson Palmer
3. trent Green
4. Matt hassleback
5. drew Brees

I definitely think i should explain this one

-No one since dan has put up stats like manning has
-Carson had a breakout year and proved hes up there
-trent has very quietly been one of the premier quarterbacks in the lg
-Matt hassleback has been putting up numbers with WR that have had issues. they brought in jerry rice to teach these kids. and besides #1 receiver and TE poistions they are weak
-Drew Brees and LT carried there teams. If he is healthy which is an issue he is top 5

One big name is missing is of course Culpepper. See what happened when he had no WR to throw to last yr? 6 tds in 8 weeks. And donnaven mcnabb cant do anything without owens ( anything meaning top 5)

Shula Come Back!
04-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Hey I'm trying not to be biased, but it's tough...plus 2004 wasn't that long ago...you cannot forget that season.it did happen..besides it seems like everyone is picking the same maybe seven qb's and putting them into the top 5, so at least we all agree on something!

tylerdolphin
04-14-2006, 08:13 PM
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Palmer
4. McNabb
5. Hasselbeck

cs2p
04-14-2006, 08:18 PM
1.Brady
2.Palmer
3.Roethlisberger
4.P. Manning
5.McNabb

hestar
04-14-2006, 08:25 PM
1.Peyton Manning
2.Tom Brady
3.Donovan McNabb
4.Carson Palmer
5.Ben Rothlisberger

like2god
04-14-2006, 08:34 PM
1. Lemon (just kidding):D

1.Brady
2. Manning
3. Roethlisberger
4. Culpepper
5. Palmer

Those are my top 5

FinMann2
04-14-2006, 08:39 PM
If Culpepper wasnt a dolphin would he still be in your top 5? Be realistic

DolfanISS
04-14-2006, 08:40 PM
1. Tom Brady - 1 Pro Bowl skill player (Dillon) since 2000, like it or not this guy carries the Patriots offense. Never seen a cooler customer in the pocket. Montana had Rice, Brady has never had a player of that calibur. I honestly believe Brady is more instrumental to the success of the Patriots than Belechick is. Believe me, I'm normally a stats guy, but I've seen Brady do way too much to put anyone ahead of him. He's not only a good QB, he's a great football player. If anyone needs examples, I'd be glad to share them.

2. Peyton Manning - Plays with an all star cast but is probably the biggest reason for the Colts success offensively. I have tons of positives on Manning and everybody knows them so I'm going to concentrate on why I put brady ahead of him. He's not very clutch. Everybody loves to blame Indy's defense when the lose playoff games while the truth is that their D usually plays well enough to win if the high powered offense shows up. The high powered offense never shows up though. In 2004 they scored 3 points in NE, is that the defenses fault??? Were they supposed to win that game 3-0?
My other knock on Manning is he seems to have no ability to improvise when his protection breaks down. Brady and even Marino are not, or were not, mobile QB's, but each can, or could, slide around the pocket to buy time and make a play. Manning usually just crumbles in those situations. With all that being said, I'd still take him over 31 other QB's in the NFL.

3. Carson Palmer - Has all the tools and if healthy going into next season, he is #3.

4. Donanvan McNabb - I think some of you guys are way off base when it comes to McNabb. He carried an Eagles offense that has had ****ty WR's, prior to TO, for as long as I can remember and somebody above actually posted he's nothing without TO. Hello, does everything prior to 2004 not count or something?? McNabb plays his heart out and makes plays with his arm and his feet. If it weren't for him, the Eagles would have never had the kind of success they had prior to 2004. Only QB in NFL history to throw 30+ TD's in a season with single digit INT's, that's pretty impressive. There's no doubt he will be healthy and ready to go in 2006.

5. Big Ben - Great game manager and gunslinger combo that makes very few mistakes and has proven he's one of the NFL's elite, in just 2 years.

Drew Brees doesn't belong on that list IMHO. He has played with the very best TE and RB in the NFL over the past 2 season and everytime the Chargers have been put in a clutch game winning situation, they seem to fail offesively. Whether it be an INT, or sack and fumble (sound familiar) it seems like Brees doesn't get it done when the games on the line. Being clutch at the QB position is real important to me. I'm not talking playoffs or Ssuper Bowls either, I'm just talking making the plays when the game is on the line. I can definetly think of more instances where the Chargers offense has blown it, than succeeded, off the top of my head.

Silverphin
04-14-2006, 08:50 PM
1. Tom Brady - 1 Pro Bowl skill player (Dillon) since 2000, like it or not this guy carries the Patriots offense. Never seen a cooler customer in the pocket. Montana had Rice, Brady has never had a player of that calibur. I honestly believe Brady is more instrumental to the success of the Patriots than Belechick is. Believe me, I'm normally a stats guy, but I've seen Brady do way too much to put anyone ahead of him. He's not only a good QB, he's a great football player. If anyone needs examples, I'd be glad to share them.

2. Peyton Manning - Plays with an all star cast but is probably the biggest reason for the Colts success offensively. I have tons of positives on Manning and everybody knows them so I'm going to concentrate on why I put brady ahead of him. He's not very clutch. Everybody loves to blame Indy's defense when the lose playoff games while the truth is that their D usually plays well enough to win if the high powered offense shows up. The high powered offense never shows up though. In 2004 they scored 3 points in NE, is that the defenses fault??? Were they supposed to win that game 3-0?
My other knock on Manning is he seems to have no ability to improvise when his protection breaks down. Brady and even Marino are not, or were not, mobile QB's, but each can, or could, slide around the pocket to buy time and make a play. Manning usually just crumbles in those situations. With all that being said, I'd still take him over 31 other QB's in the NFL.

3. Carson Palmer - Has all the tools and if healthy going into next season, he is #3.

4. Donanvan McNabb - I think some of you guys are way off base when it comes to McNabb. He carried an Eagles offense that has had ****ty WR's, prior to TO, for as long as I can remember and somebody above actually posted he's nothing without TO. Hello, does everything prior to 2004 not count or something?? McNabb plays his heart out and makes plays with his arm and his feet. If it weren't for him, the Eagles would have never had the kind of success they had prior to 2004. Only QB in NFL history to throw 30+ TD's in a season with single digit INT's, that's pretty impressive. There's no doubt he will be healthy and ready to go in 2006.

5. Big Ben - Great game manager and gunslinger combo that makes very few mistakes and has proven he's one of the NFL's elite, in just 2 years.

Drew Brees doesn't belong on that list IMHO. He has played with the very best TE and RB in the NFL over the past 2 season and everytime the Chargers have been put in a clutch game winning situation, they seem to fail offesively. Whether it be an INT, or sack and fumble (sound familiar) it seems like Brees doesn't get it done when the games on the line. Being clutch at the QB position is real important to me. I'm not talking playoffs or Ssuper Bowls either, I'm just talking making the plays when the game is on the line. I can definetly think of more instances where the Chargers offense has blown it, than succeeded, off the top of my head.

I especially agree with the bold part. Well said.

But I believe Culpepper needs to be somewhere on this list. He has a 91.5 passer rating. And just like how you say it's ridiculous to say McNabb is nothing without T.O. (and rightfully so), it is just as ridiculous to say Culpepper is nothing without Randy Moss. Culpepper had other targets as well (Like Kelly Campbell).

DolfanISS
04-14-2006, 09:04 PM
I especially agree with the bold part. Well said.

But I believe Culpepper needs to be somewhere on this list. He has a 91.5 passer rating. And just like how you say it's ridiculous to say McNabb is nothing without T.O. (and rightfully so), it is just as ridiculous to say Culpepper is nothing without Randy Moss. Culpepper had other targets as well (Like Kelly Campbell).

You make a good point. I've never thought Moss made Culpepper and have argued that if that were the case, why wasn't Kerry Collins the 2nd best QB in the NFL in 2005 (statisically) as was Daunte in 2004??? Afterall, Moss played in more games and had more catches and yards in 2005 with the Raiders then he did in 2004 with the Vikes. Also, it's hard to believe Randy's 49 catches were a huge factor in Daunte's 69.9 completion percentage. There are other reasons why I don't have Daunte in the top 5 though. Maybe some of it is trying not to be a homer, but I've also seen some good arguements on again, Dauntes success, or lack there of, in clutch situations.

I also admit that before I really knew the facts I also was a sucker for the Moss arguement. I remember avoiding Culpepper like the plague in last years fantasy draft and thought the guy who drafted im 3rd was an idiot.

fin fan1928
04-14-2006, 09:06 PM
my list has to be

1. ferote
2. feely
3. berlin
4. harrington
5. pennington
(sorry guys i cant spell)
tell me what you guys think

wazzy
04-14-2006, 09:07 PM
1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Palmer
Then there is a bunch of people I could arguably debate that the 4th and 5th spot is but these 3 I think our in there own class!

Shula Come Back!
04-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Thats great!!!!!!!! ....and it inspired me to make a new thread!!!

wazzy
04-14-2006, 09:08 PM
my list has to be

1. ferote
2. feely
3. berlin
4. harrington
5. pennington

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: YA!

DolfanISS
04-14-2006, 09:09 PM
my list has to be

1. ferote
2. feely
3. berlin
4. harrington
5. pennington
(sorry guys i cant spell)

No Lucas, you're nuts.

Roman529
04-14-2006, 09:11 PM
P Manning
Brady
DC
Carson Palmer
Roethlisberger

Silverphin
You make a good point. I've never thought Moss made Culpepper and have argued that if that were the case, why wasn't Kerry Collins the 2nd best QB in the NFL in 2005 (statisically) as was Daunte in 2004??? Afterall, Moss played in more games and had more catches and yards in 2005 with the Raiders then he did in 2004 with the Vikes. Also, it's hard to believe Randy's 49 catches were a huge factor in Daunte's 69.9 completion percentage. There are other reasons why I don't have Daunte in the top 5 though. Maybe some of it is trying not to be a homer, but I've also seen some good arguements on again, Dauntes success, or lack there of, in clutch situations.

I also admit that before I really knew the facts I also was a sucker for the Moss arguement. I remember avoiding Culpepper like the plague in last years fantasy draft and thought the guy who drafted im 3rd was an idiot.

True, true....

DolfanISS
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Every thread I enjoy is moved, just to rot away in a forum that no one visits.

:(

King Felix
04-14-2006, 09:14 PM
peyton
brady
palmer
roethlisburger
pepper

Dolfan984
04-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Manning
Brady
Palmer
Hasslebeck
McNaab/Pep can't decide, pep better numbers but McNaab has more success

miami234ever
04-14-2006, 10:05 PM
If Culpepper wasnt a dolphin would he still be in your top 5? Be realistic

Yes.

dolfan3431
04-15-2006, 11:34 AM
1.Brady
2.Manning
3.Palmer
4.Culpepper
5.Hasselback

When Pep is healthy i think you can switch him and palmer and Big ben just isn't that good to me I think he just has a great supporting cast

Slaytallica
04-16-2006, 06:54 PM
1. Peyton Manning
2. Carson Palmer
3. Tom Brady
4. Matt Hasselbeck
5. Daunte Culpepper

ih8brady
04-16-2006, 07:08 PM
1. Manning
2. brady
3. Palmer, rising
4. Hasselback
5. Big Ben

Hon mentions: Culpepper, Brees, McNabb,

Mexican Buc
04-16-2006, 08:58 PM
#1 Manning- This guy has a shot to end his career as the best QB of all time. But for that he needs atleast a ring. And for that they need to lose Dungy.

#2 Brady- Call him a system guy I don't care. Truth is he is he is a system guy, he works in any system you plug him into. You can't argue with 3 rings and 2 SB MVPs. You just can't. And it's not like he's had an amazing WR pushing his whole career like say Culpepper.

#3 Palmer- He finally bloomed into his own. Granted he has the help of CJ, but it's not really like that either. They seem more compliments to each other, a mutual relation. A 32:12 TD-INT ratio is excellent.

#4 Green- This guy is always overlooked. He's avg 60% completion his whole career (that's up there with guys like Brady, Manning, and Farve). He's thrown for over 4000 yards the pass 3 years (4591 in 2004). And has led the Chiefs to be the #1 ranked offense last 2 years straight.

#5 Farve- Yes Farve. He still has it IMO. The guy throw for almost 4000 yards last year. So he had a bad TD to INT ratio last year. Can anyone name me a QB who had LESS to work with then Farve? Seriously? People want to point the finger at him, but he was the only thing pushing that team. With their ONLY WR thread out for the whole season week 1, their HBs looking like the Jets QBs, their OL was stripped and patched up, and with their D also filled with holes, Farve STILL played like a champion.

Next in line: Hasselbeck

ih8brady
04-16-2006, 09:20 PM
#1 Manning- This guy has a shot to end his career as the best QB of all time. But for that he needs atleast a ring. And for that they need to lose Dungy.

#2 Brady- Call him a system guy I don't care. Truth is he is he is a system guy, he works in any system you plug him into. You can't argue with 3 rings and 2 SB MVPs. You just can't. And it's not like he's had an amazing WR pushing his whole career like say Culpepper.

#3 Palmer- He finally bloomed into his own. Granted he has the help of CJ, but it's not really like that either. They seem more compliments to each other, a mutual relation. A 32:12 TD-INT ratio is excellent.

#4 Green- This guy is always overlooked. He's avg 60% completion his whole career (that's up there with guys like Brady, Manning, and Farve). He's thrown for over 4000 yards the pass 3 years (4591 in 2004). And has led the Chiefs to be the #1 ranked offense last 2 years straight.

#5 Farve- Yes Farve. He still has it IMO. The guy throw for almost 4000 yards last year. So he had a bad TD to INT ratio last year. Can anyone name me a QB who had LESS to work with then Farve? Seriously? People want to point the finger at him, but he was the only thing pushing that team. With their ONLY WR thread out for the whole season week 1, their HBs looking like the Jets QBs, their OL was stripped and patched up, and with their D also filled with holes, Farve STILL played like a champion.

I thought SB rings and W/L's were what determines a QB's worth, but somehow for Favre \it all of a sudden becomes a team game?

Farve STILL played like a champion.

yeah, if by champion you mean Rich Gannon in the SUPER BOWL for the final month of the season.

ih8brady
04-16-2006, 09:21 PM

Manning has had great support, I guess he's not so good? :rolleyes: :shakeno:

djfresh47
04-17-2006, 12:44 AM
I can't believe all the love Roethislinberger is getting from some people. My list goes:
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Palmer
4. Hasselbeck
5. McNabb

I was tempted to put Vick in there or Culpepper ahead of McNabb but right now I think Donovon gets the nod. I think Eli Manning will be a consensus top 5 Qb in the league in a year or two also.

Vertical Limit
04-17-2006, 01:04 AM

That is why Brett Favre is my all time favorite QB. The guy is the biggest competitor in the league.

unifiedtheory
04-17-2006, 01:14 AM
1.) Tom Brady - Three rings before he's 30 years old. Last year proved to me he is the best in the business. Surround the man with a little bit of talent and watch out. The most clutch Q.B. in the NFL.

2.) Peyton Manning - Great numbers but playoff failure after playoff failure. I don't think there is any explanation for his playoff failure accept that he is simple not clutch. He has a very underrated O-line, the best all around back in football, great recievers and a good pass catching tight end...and he has had all these thing for ALL of his playoff gag jobs. I want to see what he does this year without Edge.

3.) Carson Palmer - Give him one more year like last year and I put him at #2. He's EASILY the best "young" Q.B. in the game.

4.) Trent Green - He has done great things within the confines of a great offensive system. A great pure dropback passer. He's never had a great reciever to throw to and has all that run game support. He is dropping quick because of age and injury. The guy is underrated.

5.) Donovan McNabb - I have issues putting him on this list because he is so erratic. That being said, the guy is tough and is a winner.

5b.) Daunte Culpepper - IF he is healthy, IF he can regain his pre-injury form he shoots to #2 on this list, yes above Peyton Manning and Carson. Surround him with a good running game and a quality defense and he'll win a championship. He'll win one before Manning does.

Wagon Circler
04-17-2006, 01:44 AM
Sorry no way in hell Culpepper cracks the top 5.

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Carson Palmer
4. Ben Roethlisburger
5. Matt Hasselbeck
6. Jake Delhomme
7. Drew Brees
8. Marc Bulger
9. Trent Green
10. Donovan Mcnabb

There's no room for Culpepper in the top 10!

ih8brady
04-17-2006, 04:14 AM
Sorry no way in hell Culpepper cracks the top 5.

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Carson Palmer
4. Ben Roethlisburger
5. Matt Hasselbeck
6. Jake Delhomme
7. Drew Brees
8. Marc Bulger
9. Trent Green
10. Donovan Mcnabb

There's no room for Culpepper in the top 10!

Delhomme and Bulger in top ten but no Pepper? I guess the Homer Depot is expanding franchises into Arizona. :rolleyes:

Wagon Circler
04-17-2006, 04:46 AM
Delhomme and Bulger in top ten but no Pepper? I guess the Homer Depot is expanding franchises into Arizona. :rolleyes: I'm a homer? Did I put JP Losman in the ranks? I'm not the homer picking my QB and wrongfully putting him in the top 5 of NFL QB's when he clearly isn't and hasn't been anytime lately.

No Moss...

PhinfanUK
04-17-2006, 05:20 AM
McNabb and Culpepper are the two most talented without a doubt. I've never been a fan of Peyton although you can't argue with his consistency, same with Brady.
Hasselbeck proved how good he was last year, but he needs to have another top season to be considered elite IMO, same goes for Palmer.
Manning and Brady are probably Hall of Fame players by the time they retire, but if McNabb brings a lombardi to Philly, I think you could make a case for him as well.
That being said, I think Manning has to be at the top of the list realistically

Silverphin
04-17-2006, 08:33 AM
I'm a homer? Did I put JP Losman in the ranks? I'm not the homer picking my QB and wrongfully putting him in the top 5 of NFL QB's when he clearly isn't and hasn't been anytime lately.

No Moss...

No Moss? What about 2004, when Moss was injured for a good part of the season? He ended the year with a 110.9 passer rating. Moss didn't even have a 1,000 yard season that year (He only had around 790 yads).

Mexican Buc
04-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Manning has had great support, I guess he's not so good? :rolleyes: :shakeno:
Well then your a fool to think that. Or worse, to believe that I think that becuase I clearly put Manning #1.

It was just a point to I felt was worth making about an AFC East rival QB on a fin board.

gunnakillbrady
04-17-2006, 01:43 PM
1. Carson Palmer
2. Peyton Manning
3. Ben Rothinator
4. Dante Culpepper
5. Matt Hasselbeck
32. Tom Brady