PDA

View Full Version : New TOOL song leaked

ABrownLamp
04-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Not too many bands out right now that are better than TOOL. I wish they would come out with a new album more than once every 5 years though. This song is ok. Its very Undertow-ish.

Vicarious (http://www.poisonskin.com/Tool_Vicarious.mp3)

Gonzo
04-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Can't wait, I love Tool.

Now that I look at it, that statement looks pretty bad.

HysterikiLL
04-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Can't wait, I love Tool.

I'm putting that one in the old bag of memorable quotes.

In_Flames
04-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Can't wait, I love Tool.

:lol: ...anyways, im not a Tool fan, but they are still a hell of alot better than most of the mainstream rock stuff out there these days...

ABrownLamp
04-14-2006, 09:11 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Maynard the Hammer
04-14-2006, 09:14 PM
sweet

Roman529
04-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Never listened to Tool...what is a good song of theirs?? :confused:

Shula Come Back!
04-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Tool rules!!! Thanks for the mp3, I'm downloading right now!!!

Dolfan984
04-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Tool rocks!!!! Thanks a lot for the link rocking out to it now!! :yes:

Muck
04-14-2006, 10:28 PM
Psssh. I've got the entire album. :lol:

Listening to it now.

unifiedtheory
04-14-2006, 10:33 PM

Listening to it now.:tantrum:

unifiedtheory
04-14-2006, 10:42 PM
That song is BRILLIANT in my opinion....I'm so damn excited for May 2nd. I can wait to hear the rest of it until then....I took the day off for the pleasure.

The drum work. Danny Carey gets nothing but better...WOW! I dunno about "Undertow like". This song is much more progressive then anything on Undertow. Undertow was straight ahead rock in my opinion. This song has what has made TOOL great in my opinion, changes, changes and more changes.

It is a lot darker then anything I've heard from them as well, I like that direction quite bit. If this is a hint of what "10,000 Days" is like then I'm ****ing giddy.

Dolfan984
04-14-2006, 10:47 PM
That song is BRILLIANT in my opinion....I'm so damn excited for May 2nd. I can wait to hear the rest of it until then....I took the day off for the pleasure.

The drum work. Danny Carey gets nothing but better...WOW! I dunno about "Undertow like". This song is much more progressive then anything on Undertow. Undertow was straight ahead rock in my opinion. This song has what has made TOOL great in my opinion, changes, changes and more changes.

It is a lot darker then anything I've heard from them as well, I like that direction quite bit. If this is a hint of what "10,000 Days" is like then I'm ****ing giddy.

I 110% agree with you abot Carey. The man rocks so hard, my dad who's 53 and stubborn as hell about his music (old school rock and roll) but even he has appreciation for Carey's talent. I can't wait for the cd either.

lazareth
04-14-2006, 11:03 PM

Listening to it now.
then you should share

Muck
04-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Dude, the track I've got named "Vicarious" (1st track on the album) is totally different. I think my source might have ****ed up the song title. But whatever it is, it is giving me GOOSE BUMPS!! OMG.

Tool is back.

lazareth
04-14-2006, 11:08 PM
Can't wait, I love Tool.

I'm putting that one in the old bag of memorable quotes.
:lol: already did a Save As... Web Page (complete) ...in case it gets...lost or something :wink:

that being said...tool is one of my favorite bands too
so gonzo...purchased any Arizona Bay real estate futures yet?:D

unifiedtheory
04-14-2006, 11:12 PM
OK...I've listened to it 6 times now...someone tell me how to save it to my computer so I can stop hitting refresh.:lol:

Muck
04-14-2006, 11:15 PM
OK...I've listened to it 6 times now...someone tell me how to save it to my computer so I can stop hitting refresh.:lol:

Right-click the link - Save As :)

unifiedtheory
04-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Right-click the link - Save As :)

WOOHOO!!!!!!:rocker:

Pagan
04-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Not too many bands out right now that are better than TOOL.
Oh...I could name ya a few. :wink:

Great song though. :up:

ponchovilla
04-15-2006, 12:20 AM
Such odd time signature

Muck
04-15-2006, 12:32 AM
Such odd time signature

That's Tool.

Status quo. :lol:

Gonzo
04-15-2006, 12:45 AM
:lol: already did a Save As... Web Page (complete) ...in case it gets...lost or something :wink:

that being said...tool is one of my favorite bands too
so gonzo...purchased any Arizona Bay real estate futures yet?:D

One of my all-time favorite songs :yes: Also, Bill Hicks was awesome.

lazareth
04-15-2006, 03:13 AM
you could probably shine pretty good using the carrots bit :yes:

Gonzo
04-15-2006, 03:18 AM
you could probably shine pretty good using the carrots bit :yes:

:eek: Heads would explode in the zoo. I don't want to be responsible for something like that. They're just helpless robots with little monkeys pulling levers in their heads that make them type nonsense. The monkeys are limited in the number of available levers which accounts for the repeat threads and general gibberish.

lazareth
04-15-2006, 03:32 AM
:eek: Heads would explode in the zoo. I don't want to be responsible for something like that. They're just helpless robots with little monkeys pulling levers in their heads that make them type nonsense. The monkeys are limited in the number of available levers which accounts for the repeat threads and general gibberish.
well if you ever decide to go out guns bazing...

Muck
04-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Here's Adam's MySpace.

http://www.myspace.com/adamjonestv

If you go to View All Blog Entries, you can see some stuff from the studio.

Amazing how rock's greatest band is in it's 40s.

Also check out the #1 friend on Maynard's page (http://www.myspace.com/therealpuscifer). :lol:

Muck
04-16-2006, 11:11 AM
And Maynard probably has the most unique wine website on the net.

http://www.caduceus.org/

In_Flames
04-16-2006, 12:08 PM
what do you tool fans think of A Perfect Circle? I actually thought the first album they released was decent...haven't heard newer stuff...

Metal Panda
04-16-2006, 12:15 PM

Bill Hicks was my favorite comedian.

"Birth is not a 'miracle'. It's just as natural as a turd coming out of your ***"

Gonzo
04-16-2006, 02:11 PM
And Maynard probably has the most unique wine website on the net.

http://www.caduceus.org/

He has a bunch of stuff in northern Arizona, which is where this is at. He used to own a tattoo shop in Jerome, AZ (awesome place) that my tattoo artist used to work in. Not sure if he still owns it or not. In between Prescott and Sedona is definetly the type of area I could see Maynard liking.

Muck
04-16-2006, 02:47 PM
Yeah, he lives up there in AZ. Loves the place.

unifiedtheory
04-16-2006, 03:24 PM
what do you tool fans think of A Perfect Circle? I actually thought the first album they released was decent...haven't heard newer stuff...

Thirteenth Step (the last album) was a better record (in my opinion) then Mer de Noms (the 1st one).

I like A.P.C. but I also consider them a TOTALLY seperate entity from TOOL.

dolfan72734me
04-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Heh, let the rabbits wear glasses.

dolfan72734me
04-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Here's Adam's MySpace.

http://www.myspace.com/adamjonestv

If you go to View All Blog Entries, you can see some stuff from the studio.

Amazing how rock's greatest band is in it's 40s.

Also check out the #1 friend on Maynard's page (http://www.myspace.com/therealpuscifer). :lol:
Man, that really makes me feel better for some reason. I have been feeling pretty blue since I turned 34 Wed.