PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Mullen Is AMAZING

Agent51
04-15-2006, 02:34 AM
http://spikedhumor.com/articles/6315/Rodney_Mullen_s_Amazing_Skating.html

I don't skate, nor am I a fan of skatebording but this guy is SICK!!!!

If you like it check out Rodney Mulle vs Daewon Song, it's like an hour long video of stuff that caliber :wink:

(nice to see a Clash song OTHER than "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" featured too, lol)

King Felix
04-15-2006, 02:44 AM
daewon song is better imo......also sheckler is goood but p-rod is the best

Agent51
04-15-2006, 02:53 AM
daewon song is better imo......also sheckler is goood but p-rod is the best

I have seen BOTH of the Daewon vs Rodney video and IDK man, it's pretty close. During each part I was like, WOW, no way can the othe rone top this, then during the other one's part they did, lol. It seemed like whoever was on the screen at the time I considered the winner, because they were both stunning.

As far as the other two go, I don't really follow skateboarding, but isn't sheckler the young kid? Are you saying he is just good or are you comparing him to Mullen/Song? I've seen him in the X-Games and he didn't wow me, on a Mullen/Song level anyway.

And isn't P-Rod's dad that comedian?

King Felix
04-15-2006, 03:07 AM
um sheckler is the young one and the xgames suck for skating......idk bout prods dad but prod is sick so is koston...

King Felix
04-15-2006, 03:09 AM
danny way is one of the best skaters even tho he is vert and i hate vert he is amazing....have u seen the video of him jumpin the great wall of china?

Agent51
04-15-2006, 03:16 AM
danny way is one of the best skaters even tho he is vert and i hate vert he is amazing....have u seen the video of him jumpin the great wall of china?

Yea, that was SICK. I'm not interested in vert at all either, but that guy is awesome. I saw him drop into a halfpipe from a friggin HELICOPTER before. Or he attempted a bunch of times anyway, I don't think he ever made it.

Buddwalk
04-15-2006, 12:35 PM
I skated for 5 years...got pretty good too, no where near these guys are some of the ams but I was really into it for a while. Quit last year cause I got bored of it...but Im thinking of starting up to strengthen my legs again. Mullen is a better flatland but he cant skate rails to save his live..daewon is better imo cause he'll do 540 flips in between 10 foot building gaps and the buildings are a good 20 feet high as in mullen stays flat on the ground for all his stuff.

Watch Almost Round 3...I got it up in my room...mullens part is horrible and daewons just blows it away. Also Chris Haslem imo is the best on the team go buy the movie or download it and you'll see what I mean.

I actually have a picture of me 360 flipping the little curb down here by michaels pizza that used to be here one sec

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/04/mesk8ng4uj-1.gif

Im actually thinking bout getting into it again though...right across the street is the bar Kickin Kadilacks...and to the left up the street is my house

Im skating an alien workshop board in this pic with I believe ricta wheels, thunder trucks, and independent allen head hardware :D :D :D

inFINSible
04-15-2006, 01:34 PM
I remember seeing Rodney Mullen skating a demo at the Sundek Classic surf contest, in Indiatlantic, FL.....oh....somewhere around 1984-85....:eek:

That was the day I realized how much I sucked at skateboarding.

I can't believe he's still doing it.