PDA

View Full Version : coheed and cambria/avenged sevenfold

Metal Panda
04-15-2006, 11:44 AM
Going to this show tonight. anybody seen C&C on this tour? I think they'd sound pretty good live.

Avenged Sevenfold is mostly crap from what I've heard.

Kthurmus23
04-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Disagree with your assesment of Avenged Sevenfold, I like them very much great guitar. As for C&C they are alright, if you havnt heard much A7X I think that you will be pleasently surprised. Depends on your overall music taste I guess I like mostly metal like Black Lable Society, and In Flames. A7X also puts on a great show I have seen them on warped tour as well as there other tour very well worth the money just for the sake of them.

Metal Panda
04-15-2006, 03:29 PM
I love metal, in fact, most of the concerts I've been to in the last three years have been thrash or death metal shows (including Cryptopsy, Slayer, and Nile), but what I've heard of Avenged Sevenfold struck me as similar to the new breed of watered down kiddie metal that's all over the place.

Alex44
04-15-2006, 03:31 PM
I love Coheed and Cambria, never seen live though

I hate Avenged Sevenfold....also never seen live

So I was of no help...sry

Buddwalk
04-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Avenged Sevenfold is alright...same with coheed and cambria

Not really my style but the lead singer form c&c sounds alot like the guy from rush :yes:

Kthurmus23
04-15-2006, 03:35 PM
I love metal, in fact, most of the concerts I've been to in the last three years have been thrash or death metal shows (including Cryptopsy, Slayer, and Nile), but what I've heard of Avenged Sevenfold struck me as similar to the new breed of watered down kiddie metal that's all over the place.

I could see how it would come off like that, many people get that impression, however I feel the guitar is way better then anything out there in the kiddie metal genre. I guess though as long as the little girls(who like the music because they think the singer is hot), and emo geaks keep following them they will be tarnished with that lable.

UncleCosmic
04-15-2006, 07:01 PM
My friends are all going to that show tonight as well, Robfins-I'd be there too but I moved to Baltimore. I really dig "City of Evil" but have not liked what I've heard from them in the past. I'll be getting a full review of the show tomorrow.

bg34
04-15-2006, 07:07 PM
I like A7x...they aren't really that hard but some of their songs on City of Evil are really good, imo. God forbid theres a "metal" band out there that you can actually understand and not just a bunch of screaming.

In_Flames
04-15-2006, 08:20 PM
what I've heard of Avenged Sevenfold struck me as similar to the new breed of watered down kiddie metal that's all over the place.

have to agree with you...I can't stand them personally...

all hail LORD WORM!!!!!:D ---Cryptopsy

Metal Panda
04-16-2006, 02:16 AM
I like A7x...they aren't really that hard but some of their songs on City of Evil are really good, imo. God forbid theres a "metal" band out there that you can actually understand and not just a bunch of screaming.

Please. If that was the reason I didn't like them, I wouldn't like Iron Maiden, Mercyful Fate, Dio, Savatage, Candlemass, or Judas Priest....

Metal Panda
04-16-2006, 02:18 AM
have to agree with you...I can't stand them personally...

all hail LORD WORM!!!!!:D ---Cryptopsy

HELL yea....

and while I admittedly didn't dig the new Cryptopsy (it didn't sound as focused as past efforts), I'd have loved to see them tour with Worm live.

None So Vile might be my favorite death metal album, or one of them. Cryptopsy would be my favorite death metal band if Immolation didn't exist :)

Gonzo
04-16-2006, 02:59 AM
Like C&C (not of the factory variety), but not so much Avenged. I try, but they are one of the VERY few bands that just throw me off with their lyrics. I respect them for their ode too HST, but it's hard to be hardcore when you are singing about myrrh. Myrrh should stay in dungeons and dragons where it belongs.

And don't misunderstand me. Lyrics rarely matter to me, especially with metal. But their music just makes me want to play Everquest, which I don't even own.