PDA

View Full Version : Some Bold Predictions

Csonkanator
04-15-2006, 03:03 PM
I got a little bored this morning with an NFL schedule in front of me and decided to play around with it and make some wild predictions.....I tried to not be biased with the Fins, but I see us going real far this year (with C.Pep)...But i tired to be liberal with ALL the games...I have individual games down, albeit scores, so if you want who wins or loses, just ask....I have the Fins losing to just Pittsburgh (winnable game), New England (In Foxboro), Chicago, and the shocker, Jacksonville...(OMG)...sorry i just wanted somewhere to keep this for the end of the season....

My final predictions for the end of the season...

AFC

EAST
Dolphins 12-4
Patriots 10-6
Bills 4-12
Jets 2-14

North
Bengals 13-3
Browns 10-6
Steelers 9-7
Ravens 5-11

South
Colts 10-6
Jaguars 7-9
Texans 6-10
Titans 4-12

West
Chiefs 11-5
Broncos 11-5
Raiders 5-11
Chargers 4-12

NFC

East
Redskins 13-3
Giants 11-5
Cowboys 10-6
Eagles 9-7

North
Bears 12-4
Lions 8-8
Vikings 5-11
Packers4-12

South
Buccaneers 12-4
Panthers 10-6
Falcons 7-9
Saints 3-13

West
Cardinals 11-5
Seahawks 11-5
Rams 8-8
Niners 3-13

Playoffs
AFC Wild Card Round

1. Browns at Chiefs > Chiefs
2. Broncos at Colts > Broncos

Divisional Round

1. Broncos at Bengals > Broncos
2. Cheifs at Dolphins > Dolphins

AFC Championship

1. Broncos at Dolphins > Dolphins

NFC Wild Card Round

1. Seahawks at Bears > Bears
2. Giants at Cardinals > Cardinals

Divisional Round

1.Cardinals at Redskins > Redskins
2. Buccaneers at Bear > Bears

NFC Championship

1.Bears at Redskins > Bears

SUPER BOWL!

1. Bears at Dolphins, in Miami > Dolphins 23-14 First Home SB Win!

A Bears/Dolphins SB! I couldn't believe it either until I was finished with the scheduled games.... But that's just my opinion....Enjoy...

And the race for standout Notre Dame QB Brady Quin goes to:

THE S.U.C.K.S!.....thanks for playing Mangini, see you at the unemployment line in a couple years...Second coaching stint is always a charm...

Se7eN
04-15-2006, 03:28 PM
wow BOLD is correct i really dont see the browns doing better then the steelers im still not sold on frye. so switch them with steelers and every thing else in the afc looks good nfc. bears by default win that division. and i think seahawks will win the division i see there tied but i guess maybe by division record u say the cards will end up better idk about the cards with warner but if they had mckown i think they'd be in the playoffs but i keep saying the cards are in for a year and with the signing of edge i'll agree with you. and about the playoffs sure i'll say miami wins the superbowl but i think we'll end up playing seahawks. i think they just did enough during the offseason to keep they just as good maybe better and with hamlin comming back from that tradgic accident i think they'll have some good safety play. but also how long did it take you to do that i tried doing it and got tired lol

Csonkanator
04-15-2006, 03:32 PM
but also how long did it take you to do that i tried doing it and got tired lol

close to 3 hours....i had nothing else to do after i dropped my fiance off at work....i looked up every game and chose winner, and everything (playoffs) worked out this way...i'm 95% sold on it...i think the cards will do well...the Seahawks kinda lid on me...Burleson for Hutchinson,(basically)? i'm not so sure...maybe..I think Grossman will do better this year...

Cannonboy
I can't believe you have quinn, going to the Jets. That does suck.

Csonkanator
i'm liking the Brown's new D more and more day by day..Hate to say it, but Romeo is one hell of a D Coach....

Csonkanator
04-15-2006, 03:36 PM
I can't believe you have quinn, going to the Jets. That does suck.

i know...but you never know... stuff can happen...they have Ramsey, so they might never take him...

Aqua4Ever04
04-15-2006, 08:12 PM
I think Grossman will do better this year...

He will do a better job of holding a clipboard because he won't beat out Brian Greise for the staring job in Chicago.

Aqua4Ever04
04-15-2006, 08:42 PM
I like doing predictions so I'm going to take a shot at mine. Take into account this also will include how I think teams will finish up FA and the draft.

AFC

EAST
Dolphins 12-4
Patriots 10-6 *
Bills 5-11
Jets 3-13

North
Steelers 11-5
Bengals 9-7
Browns 8-8
Ravens 5-11

South
Colts 11-5
Jaguars 9-7
Texans 6-10
Titans 6-10

West
Chiefs 12-4
Broncos 11-5 *
Chargers 7-9
Raiders 5-11

NFC

East
Redskins 10-6
Cowboys 10-6*
Giants 8-8
Eagles 7-9

North
Bears 9-7
Vikings 8-8
Packers 7-9
Lions 3-13

South
Panthers 12-4
Buccaneers 10-6*
Falcons 7-9
Saints 6-10

West
Seahawks 11-5
Rams 8-8
Cardinals 7-9
Niners 3-13
*=Wildcard teams

Playoffs
AFC Wild Card Round

1. 6 Patriots @ 3 Steelers >6 Patriots
2. 5 Broncos at 4 Colts >5 Broncos

Divisional Round

1. 6 Patriots at 1 Cheifs >1 Cheifs
2. 5 Broncos at 2 Dolphins >2 Dolphins

AFC Championship

1. 2 Dolphins @1 Cheifs > 1 Cheifs

NFC Wild Card Round

1. 6 Cowboys @ 3 Redskins > 3 Redskins
2. 5 Bucs @ 4 Bears > 5 Bucs

Divisional Round

1. Bucs at 1 Panthers > 1 Panthers
2. 3 Redskins at 2 Seahawks > Redskins

NFC Championship

1.3 Redskins @ 1 Panthers >1 Panthers

Superbowl

Panthers over Cheifs 27-21

Awards
MVP (offense) Larry Johnson
(defense) Jason Taylor
Rookie: Reggie Bush

LaL08Kb12004
04-15-2006, 08:52 PM
I got a little bored this morning with an NFL schedule in front of me and decided to play around with it and make some wild predictions.....I tried to not be biased with the Fins, but I see us going real far this year (with C.Pep)...But i tired to be liberal with ALL the games...I have individual games down, albeit scores, so if you want who wins or loses, just ask....I have the Fins losing to just Pittsburgh (winnable game), New England (In Foxboro), Chicago, and the shocker, Jacksonville...(OMG)...sorry i just wanted somewhere to keep this for the end of the season....

AFC

EAST
Dolphins 12-4
Patriots 10-6
Bills 4-12
Jets 2-14

North
Bengals 13-3
Browns 10-6
Steelers 9-7
Ravens 5-11

South
Colts 10-6
Jaguars 7-9
Texans 6-10
Titans 4-12

West
Chiefs 11-5
Broncos 11-5
Raiders 5-11
Chargers 4-12

NFC

East
Redskins 13-3
Giants 11-5
Cowboys 10-6
Eagles 9-7

North
Bears 12-4
Lions 8-8
Vikings 5-11
Packers4-12

South
Buccaneers 12-4
Panthers 10-6
Falcons 7-9
Saints 3-13

West
Cardinals 11-5
Seahawks 11-5
Rams 8-8
Niners 3-13

Playoffs
AFC Wild Card Round

Divisional Round

AFC Championship

NFC Wild Card Round

Divisional Round

NFC Championship

SUPER BOWL!

A Bears/Dolphins SB! I couldn't believe it either until I was finished with the scheduled games.... But that's just my opinion....Enjoy...

THE S.U.C.K.S!.....thanks for playing Mangini, see you at the unemployment line in a couple years...Second coaching stint is always a charm...

Correct me if im wrong, but why would the colts play in the wild card game if they won there division.

Dors156
04-15-2006, 08:58 PM
i doubt the pats are going to be 10-6.they arent going to be so hot this year

ShuggieOtis
04-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Aqua4Ever...Chiefs AFC champs? hmmmm...

and btw Grossman will definitely beat out Griese

Se7eN
04-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Correct me if im wrong, but why would the colts play in the wild card game if they won there division.

because only the best two teams get a bye dolphins and bengals

davster82
04-15-2006, 09:49 PM

The same reason Cincy and New England palyed in the WC round last year.

fins5423
04-15-2006, 09:51 PM
i hope Miami makes it to the superbowl! lol

I like that you have the Cardinals going 11-5
I can see them doing that well, with all they young talent around them and with pretty soft division they have (besides the seahawks).

'Phins & 'Canes
04-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Super Bowl 41:

Carolina Panthers over Pittsburgh Steelers

Aqua4Ever04
04-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Aqua4Ever...Chiefs AFC champs? hmmmm...

and btw Grossman will definitely beat out Griese

Yeah they have the best running back and offensive line in the league. Their quarterback is a stud and that defense was better last year but I think this is the year that defense finally can be a middle of the pack D which is all they need to be great. That offense is solid in K.C.

As for Grossman, he is terrible. They wouldn't have brought in Griese if they didn't plan having him be their guy. Grossman was hardly better than Orton who was god awful last season.

angry dolfan
04-15-2006, 10:35 PM

AFC

EAST
Dolphins 12-4
Patriots 10-6
Bills 4-12
Jets 2-14

North
Bengals 13-3
Browns 10-6
Steelers 9-7
Ravens 5-11

South
Colts 10-6
Jaguars 7-9
Texans 6-10
Titans 4-12

West
Chiefs 11-5
Broncos 11-5
Raiders 5-11
Chargers 4-12

NFC

East
Redskins 13-3
Giants 11-5
Cowboys 10-6
Eagles 9-7

North
Bears 12-4
Lions 8-8
Vikings 5-11
Packers4-12

South
Buccaneers 12-4
Panthers 10-6
Falcons 7-9
Saints 3-13

West
Cardinals 11-5
Seahawks 11-5
Rams 8-8
Niners 3-13

Love your Browns and Cardinals picks...seriously! 3 sleepers this season - Fins, Browns, and Cards. (Fins may not be sleepers on this site but they still get no respect around the league!) The latter 2 will make some noise but our Fins will win it all at home!!! :D

Gatornation21
04-15-2006, 10:46 PM
I agree with most predictions, especially Miami winning it all, but the steeles will still be there, and as for the Pats I have them going 9-7, just cause they play the bills and Jets twice. They will beat us in New England i think, but overall great job on the picks bro. GO PHINS!!!!!!!!

:dolphins:

jat_meat
04-15-2006, 10:58 PM
you didnt wanna be bias huh? your a fin fan and had them winning thats not being bias hahaha but i like where your head is

phin17-0
04-15-2006, 11:28 PM
i like your thinking. if pepp can play by oct at the latest then we can win afc
east get a bye then who knows what can happen once in the playoffs.

IN SABAN WE TRUST!!!

ih8brady
04-16-2006, 03:11 AM
Colts at 10-6? Yeah right...
Cardinals in the playoffs? I'll believe it when i see it.
What makes the Chiefs so great? Why would Denver slip?

That's a really bold league wide prediction you have!

dolfancoolio
04-16-2006, 04:21 AM

AFC

EAST
Dolphins 12-4
Patriots 10-6
Bills 4-12
Jets 2-14

North
Bengals 13-3
Browns 10-6
Steelers 9-7
Ravens 5-11

South
Colts 10-6
Jaguars 7-9
Texans 6-10
Titans 4-12

West
Chiefs 11-5
Broncos 11-5
Raiders 5-11
Chargers 4-12

NFC

East
Redskins 13-3
Giants 11-5
Cowboys 10-6
Eagles 9-7

North
Bears 12-4
Lions 8-8
Vikings 5-11
Packers4-12

South
Buccaneers 12-4
Panthers 10-6
Falcons 7-9
Saints 3-13

West
Cardinals 11-5
Seahawks 11-5
Rams 8-8
Niners 3-13

Playoffs
AFC Wild Card Round

Divisional Round

AFC Championship

NFC Wild Card Round

Divisional Round

NFC Championship

SUPER BOWL!

you have far, far too much time on your hands...but respect for putting in the effort:wink:

BgBruthaJuvi
04-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Not to start trouble or be a nitpicker (which is what im doing), but the first predictions are quite bold. You predicted teams to win a total of 260 games when there are only 256 in the season to be won.

Ronnieisabeast
04-16-2006, 09:17 AM

AFC

EAST
Dolphins 12-4
Patriots 10-6
Bills 4-12
Jets 2-14

North
Bengals 13-3
Browns 10-6
Steelers 9-7
Ravens 5-11

South
Colts 10-6
Jaguars 7-9
Texans 6-10
Titans 4-12

West
Chiefs 11-5
Broncos 11-5
Raiders 5-11
Chargers 4-12

NFC

East
Redskins 13-3
Giants 11-5
Cowboys 10-6
Eagles 9-7

North
Bears 12-4
Lions 8-8
Vikings 5-11
Packers4-12

South
Buccaneers 12-4
Panthers 10-6
Falcons 7-9
Saints 3-13

West
Cardinals 11-5
Seahawks 11-5
Rams 8-8
Niners 3-13

Playoffs
AFC Wild Card Round

Divisional Round

AFC Championship

NFC Wild Card Round

Divisional Round

NFC Championship

SUPER BOWL!

THE S.U.C.K.S!.....thanks for playing Mangini, see you at the unemployment line in a couple years...Second coaching stint is always a charm...No way Bears make it. They will do what they do every year. Have a good regular season, and then blow it in the postseason.

gunn34
04-16-2006, 09:57 AM
I think the Chiefs take a fall. Their coach is overrated. Look what a mess he left in NY. IMO he's nothing more then an overpriced cheerleader. Most people (me too) like him because he fires back at the reporters.

Blitz99
04-16-2006, 10:11 AM
i doubt the pats are going to be 10-6.they arent going to be so hot this year

agreed ...9-7 at best

Csonkanator
04-16-2006, 05:26 PM

i had them ranked #4 in the conference...4 plays the 6th seed

Csonkanator
04-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Not to start trouble or be a nitpicker (which is what im doing), but the first predictions are quite bold. You predicted teams to win a total of 260 games when there are only 256 in the season to be won.

i have always sucked at math...and i was real tired....

G-Force
04-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Car and Miami in the SB. Carolina has made the second best offseason moves and Fox is great at drafts. Miami will run through the AFC hopefully setting the tone for a great SB battle with us winning 27-23.

Csonkanator
04-16-2006, 05:35 PM
yeah i live in SC and all i see is stuff on the Panthers, they think they are "gods" down here...but that sounds good to me, that would make for a good SB...

G-Force
04-16-2006, 05:38 PM
yeah i live in SC and all i see is stuff on the Panthers, they think they are "gods" down here...but that sounds good to me, that would make for a good SB...Yeah I go watch them once a year during the Phins bye weeks or a primetime game depending. I could never pull for Car over Miami but I pull for them over everyone else.

Csonkanator
04-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah I go watch them once a year during the Phins bye weeks or a primetime game depending. I could never pull for Car over Miami but I pull for them over everyone else.

yeah they're not a bad team...i don't demonize them like i do for everyone else....but if C.Pep is healthy, then they can't beat us....hopefully:cooldude:

FanMarino
04-16-2006, 05:44 PM
11-5

G-Force
04-16-2006, 06:32 PM
yeah they're not a bad team...i don't demonize them like i do for everyone else....but if C.Pep is healthy, then they can't beat us....hopefully:cooldude:They never have. Delhomme makes stupid decisions in key situations like he did against us last year but he isn't as bad for that as Feidler was. With Davis gone their is alot of talk about Lindelle White who I think would be perfect with Deshaun but I like our chances.

XXXSURTAINXXX
04-16-2006, 06:47 PM

LOL @ You not being able to believe it. Roflmao!!! You wrote it.
But I strongly agree with your prediction.

Alex44
04-16-2006, 06:48 PM
My Bold prediction

The Steelers miss the playoffs

The Bengals lose Carson for enough time to cost them the divison

and

The Cleveland Browns walk away with the divison title

My semi-bold Dolphins prediction.......

Booker and Chambers both go over 1000 yards recieving, and Ronnie goes over a 1000 rushing

Ayuh
04-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Curiously there are a few posts in the thread that have the Pats 9-7 at best. While having lost some players whose "cornerstone" presence the overhyped media would have most believe will be their downfall, they still have quite a bit of talent on the team; and some pretty decent money to work with on draft day and during camp.

As it appears their schedule is not too far differing than the Dolphins....what makes you think they are only 9-7 at best?

I personally predict the AFCE will be a true battle of wits and wills this year between Miami and NE, and I am really looking forward to the matchups. And being a Pats fan I of course expect and want them to come out on top......but I am certainly not foolish enough to believe it's a given.

But I would like a solid response to my question above. Why are the Pats a 9-7 at best this year?

G-Force
04-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Curiously there are a few posts in the thread that have the Pats 9-7 at best. While having lost some players whose "cornerstone" presence the overhyped media would have most believe will be their downfall, they still have quite a bit of talent on the team; and some pretty decent money to work with on draft day and during camp.

As it appears their schedule is not too far differing than the Dolphins....what makes you think they are only 9-7 at best?

I personally predict the AFCE will be a true battle of wits and wills this year between Miami and NE, and I am really looking forward to the matchups. And being a Pats fan I of course expect and want them to come out on top......but I am certainly not foolish enough to believe it's a given.

But I would like a solid response to my question above. Why are the Pats a 9-7 at best this year?I would have to say because we always beat the Pats at least once a year no matter how bad we was. Take the 4-12 season for example. The Pats have been beneficiaries of controversial calls during their little reign and as you seen last year they are getting less calls and made up rules which led to more loses. I would have to say 9-7 because the NFL can't afford to baby the punks no more because football fans are tired of it and are starting to think the NFL takes us as ignorant people that can't catch on to what they did.

Ayuh
04-16-2006, 07:28 PM
I would have to say because we always beat the Pats at least once a year no matter how bad we was. Take the 4-12 season for example. The Pats have been beneficiaries of controversial calls during their little reign and as you seen last year they are getting less calls and made up rules which led to more loses. I would have to say 9-7 because the NFL can't afford to baby the punks no more because football fans are tired of it and are starting to think the NFL takes us as ignorant people that can't catch on to what they did.

Well, I was hoping for a response with a little more depth to it.

I will agree with you to the extent that calls in games go both ways for every team in the league and can occur at crucial moments. But I would probably attribute the losses to varying factors such as lack of ground game production, a depleted defensive backfield, and a change of character somewhat with having lost Weiss and Crennel from the prior year.

And yes, as of late the Fins and Pats have been splitting their matchups. Matter of fact I have noticed that the Dolphins seem to create some bad things for Brady...always seems to perform poorly against them.

But you have to admit your answer sucked big time. Made for good Homerism, but poor football insight.

G-Force
04-16-2006, 07:35 PM
Well, I was hoping for a response with a little more depth to it.

I will agree with you to the extent that calls in games go both ways for every team in the league and can occur at crucial moments. But I would probably attribute the losses to varying factors such as lack of ground game production, a depleted defensive backfield, and a change of character somewhat with having lost Weiss and Crennel from the prior year.

And yes, as of late the Fins and Pats have been splitting their matchups. Matter of fact I have noticed that the Dolphins seem to create some bad things for Brady...always seems to perform poorly against them.

But you have to admit your answer sucked big time. Made for good Homerism, but poor football insight.I disagree because I have never seen anyone get more controversial calls and new rules than them. As far as their team they have lost key players and your right we always give brokeback Brady fits. Dillion is getting old and their secondary is young and the new changes in rules for db's IMO will effect them. Homerism has nothing to do with it. How many other teams have you seen be allowed to bring a snowplow on the feild in a playoff game and clear a spot for their kicker? How about how many tuck rules was called before the AFC championship game? Homerism maybe a little but I hate seeing the game I love being tainted like it has been during their run.

Ayuh
04-16-2006, 07:53 PM
I disagree because I have never seen anyone get more controversial calls and new rules than them.
You haven't watched enough Colts games, or spoke to any Seahawk fans lately. And the NFL has not made any rules that I am aware of that specifically applies to the NE Pats.

As far as their team they have lost key players and your right we always give brokeback Brady fits. Dillion is getting old and their secondary is young and the new changes in rules for db's IMO will effect them.
The loss of Givens, AV, and Willie will surely be felt. Dillon is older than some, but better than most. He will be back injury free to start and fully conditioned. The new rules governing the games will no more effect the Pats than they will any other teams in the league.

Homerism has nothing to do with it. How many other teams have you seen be allowed to bring a snowplow on the feild in a playoff game and clear a spot for their kicker?
Every kicking strip in any game with snow on the ground is cleared before any place kick in the NFL.

How about how many tuck rules was called before the AFC championship game? Homerism maybe a little but I hate seeing the game I love being tainted like it has been during their run.
One tuck-rule call does not a three time champion make.

Not trying to turn this thread into smack. And certainly not giving Miami their due.

Just hoping for some ligitimate reasoning as to why the pats would be 9-7.

Alex44
04-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Pats would be 9-7 because

They lost key players, They took a step back with the loss of Weiss and Romeo C., and now lose Mangini, Their Secondary is young and pretty bad....but was decent due to the rush of guys like Willie Mcginest who is now gone, Corey Dillon will be healthy to start the year....but will he stay healthy? and he is getting older. Givens is gone and they will need someone to step up and replace him.

I say they end 10-6

G-Force
04-16-2006, 07:58 PM
You haven't watched enough Colts games, or spoke to any Seahawk fans lately. And the NFL has not made any rules that I am aware of that specifically applies to the NE Pats.

The loss of Givens, AV, and Willie will surely be felt. Dillon is older than some, but better than most. He will be back injury free to start and fully conditioned. The new rules governing the games will no more effect the Pats than they will any other teams in the league.

Every kicking strip in any game with snow on the ground is cleared before any place kick in the NFL.

One tuck-rule call does not a three time champion make.

Not trying to turn this thread into smack. And certainly not giving Miami their due.

Just hoping for some ligitimate reasoning as to why the pats would be 9-7.Last offseason they lost their two coordinators and Weiss made Brady and it showed last year that his play declined without a genuiss like Weiss. Brady sucked in college ask any Michigan fan. Loss of weapons on offense and Defense and doing nothing to replace them would be guess at why they will continue their decline in play. Last year it started with the losses of Crennell and Weiss and this year it may continue because of the loss of not only productive big name players but also leaders such as Mcginest.

Roman529
04-16-2006, 08:08 PM

AFC

EAST
Dolphins 12-4
Patriots 10-6
Bills 4-12
Jets 2-14

North
Bengals 13-3
Browns 10-6
Steelers 9-7
Ravens 5-11

South
Colts 10-6
Jaguars 7-9
Texans 6-10
Titans 4-12

West
Chiefs 11-5
Broncos 11-5
Raiders 5-11
Chargers 4-12

NFC

East
Redskins 13-3
Giants 11-5
Cowboys 10-6
Eagles 9-7

North
Bears 12-4
Lions 8-8
Vikings 5-11
Packers4-12

South
Buccaneers 12-4
Panthers 10-6
Falcons 7-9
Saints 3-13

West
Cardinals 11-5
Seahawks 11-5
Rams 8-8
Niners 3-13

Playoffs
AFC Wild Card Round

Divisional Round

AFC Championship

NFC Wild Card Round

Divisional Round

NFC Championship

SUPER BOWL!

I just don't think the Bears are that good....they have a nice defense but no offense. I am going to say we go 11-5. I think the Patriots could be in for a tough year. :tongue:

Alex44
04-16-2006, 08:11 PM

AFC

EAST
Dolphins 12-4
Patriots 10-6
Bills 4-12
Jets 2-14

North
Bengals 13-3
Browns 10-6
Steelers 9-7
Ravens 5-11

South
Colts 10-6
Jaguars 7-9
Texans 6-10
Titans 4-12

West
Chiefs 11-5
Broncos 11-5
Raiders 5-11
Chargers 4-12

NFC

East
Redskins 13-3
Giants 11-5
Cowboys 10-6
Eagles 9-7

North
Bears 12-4
Lions 8-8
Vikings 5-11
Packers4-12

South
Buccaneers 12-4
Panthers 10-6
Falcons 7-9
Saints 3-13

West
Cardinals 11-5
Seahawks 11-5
Rams 8-8
Niners 3-13

Playoffs
AFC Wild Card Round

Divisional Round

AFC Championship

NFC Wild Card Round

Divisional Round

NFC Championship

SUPER BOWL!

Now I dont have to watch any games this season, man you just freed up my sundays :lol:

Ayuh
04-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Last offseason they lost their two coordinators and Weiss made Brady and it showed last year that his play declined without a genuiss like Weiss. Brady sucked in college ask any Michigan fan. Loss of weapons on offense and Defense and doing nothing to replace them would be guess at why they will continue their decline in play. Last year it started with the losses of Crennell and Weiss and this year it may continue because of the loss of not only productive big name players but also leaders such as Mcginest.

You're getting better.Good.

I agree, Weiss was a huge loss. And we will be starting anew again with the loss of Mangini. But his departure certainly didn't cause Brady to perform differently.And considering he was a pro-bowl selection with a passer rating of 92.3 last year, I would not call that a "decline in play". Amazing he pulled that off nursing the hernia for the last half of the season. And the guy definiately didn't "suck" at Michigan. If your equating draft round with pre-nfl quality you may want to look up the college careers of guys like Montana or Staubach.

Givens is not a "big name" player. He is a solid number two looking to see if he can make it as a 1. AV is a big named kicker, not the bread and butter of the team. willie...well, I love Willie and will sorely miss him. But Sey fills in the gap just fine.

While losing Willie and Givens, and to a certain degree AV will change the face of the team; it won't break it. The draft and camp signings are still ot be had, and as I stated we still have money to work with.

But I guess I got your best answer.

G-Force
04-16-2006, 08:17 PM
You're getting better.Good.

I agree, Weiss was a huge loss. And we will be starting anew again with the loss of Mangini. But his departure certainly didn't cause Brady to perform differently.And considering he was a pro-bowl selection with a passer rating of 92.3 last year, I would not call that a "decline in play". Amazing he pulled that off nursing the hernia for the last half of the season. And the guy definiately didn't "suck" at Michigan. If your equating draft round with pre-nfl quality you may want to look up the college careers of guys like Montana or Staubach.

Givens is not a "big name" player. He is a solid number two looking to see if he can make it as a 1. AV is a big named kicker, not the bread and butter of the team. willie...well, I love Willie and will sorely miss him. But Sey fills in the gap just fine.

While losing Willie and Givens, and to a certain degree AV will change the face of the team; it won't break it. The draft and camp signings are still ot be had, and as I stated we still have money to work with.

But I guess I got your best answer.No not really I could do better. To be honest I don't give a crap about the Pats and never have. They don't scare me and I beleive their days are over. Bilichek has already accomplised more than anyone can ask for and I predict in a year or two he will retire because of the vigors and all the time spent in coaching. I could go way more in depth but I don't come here to talk about the Pats.

RGF
04-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Fact #1.
Super Bowl>Dolphins 27 Panthers 21
Fact #2
Patriots 2006 record>9-7
I`m not sure how I know these things,but I do.

utahphinsfan
04-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Super Bowl 41:

Carolina Panthers over Pittsburgh Steelers

That's what I had for SB 40.

Its too early for me to prognosticate the upcoming season. I usually make my guesses in Mid August.

G-Force
04-16-2006, 08:27 PM
By the way Brady did suck at Mich. He was a backup and part of two highly recruited qbs that couldn't get it done. He and Henson had the best o-line in football anchored by Jensen and a numerous weapons like C-Wood and many others that now start or play in the NFL. Their D was ranked in the top 10 every year with awesome secondary and Lb's. Ask any Mich fan and they will tell you that they had the most talent they ever had there during Brady and Hensons stay and they sucked. They should have been the USC during that era.

Ayuh
04-16-2006, 08:45 PM
By the way Brady did suck at Mich. He was a backup and part of two highly recruited qbs that couldn't get it done. He and Henson had the best o-line in football anchored by Jensen and a numerous weapons like C-Wood and many others that now start or play in the NFL. Their D was ranked in the top 10 every year with awesome secondary and Lb's. Ask any Mich fan and they will tell you that they had the most talent they ever had there during Brady and Hensons stay and they sucked. They should have been the USC during that era.
Haha, I thought we were done. You're right, he was the third stringer his first two years there. But beating Auburn in the Orange bowl hardly makes for a terrible quarterback.....as well he ranks third, fourth, and fifth in the schools history of quarterbacks for varying stats. I won't reprint the school records set; I will let you read it for yourself.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=28950

Hardly the numbers or history of a player regarded by alumni as "sucking"

Ayuh
04-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Really though, lets not turn this to smack. I wasn't trying to have a Patriot flame party, I was truly looking for some feedback as to how people could post a prediction of having a 9-7 record with nary a game being played. Hell, not even having gone to CAMP yet!

As I stated we have very similar schedules this year. I was just slightly surprised that alot of fans (granted fans that have only registered here in the last 6 months, which is always suspect of being on the wagon) here were thinking the upcoming season would be such a walk.

If Pep never plays a down next year because of recovery......who throws the ball to generate a 12-4?

G-Force
04-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Haha, I thought we were done. You're right, he was the third stringer his first two years there. But beating Auburn in the Orange bowl hardly makes for a terrible quarterback.....as well he ranks third in the schools history of quarterbacks. I won't reprint the school records set; I will let you read it for yourself.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=28950

Hardly the numbers or history of a player regarded by alumni as "sucking"With the talent around they shold have won 2-3 championships if not for bad qb play was my point. 3rd on a list of who though Greise and then who? Brady was a sixth round pick for a reason and it wasn't because he was impressive surrounded by talent. IMO no Weiss no Brady being able to get BS calls or still being in the NFL. Dink and Dunk is all he could do and that was how Weiss made him productive. He taught Brady how to read and be productive in the NFL and that is what made Weiss famous because he could do so with a bad qb and make him look great.

G-Force
04-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Really though, lets not turn this to smack. I wasn't trying to have a Patriot flame party, I was truly looking for some feedback as to how people could post a prediction of having a 9-7 record with nary a game being played. Hell, not even having gone to CAMP yet!

As I stated we have very similar schedules this year. I was just slightly surprised that alot of fans (granted fans that have only registered here in the last 6 months, which is always suspect of being on the wagon) here were thinking the upcoming season would be such a walk.

If Pep never plays a down next year because of recovery......who throws the ball to generate a 12-4?I didn't predict their record so you would have to get one of them to replie which they haven't so they probably won't. I say we will win the East because we got Pepper, Capers, Mularky, and many other players not to mention the way we finished last year. NE I have no idea what their record will be but I predict behind us.

Ayuh
04-16-2006, 09:02 PM
With the talent around they shold have won 2-3 championships if not for bad qb play was my point. 3rd on a list of who though Greise and then who? Brady was a sixth round pick for a reason and it wasn't because he was impressive surrounded by talent. IMO no Weiss no Brady being able to get BS calls or still being in the NFL. Dink and Dunk is all he could do and that was how Weiss made him productive. He taught Brady how to read and be productive in the NFL and that is what made Weiss famous because he could do so with a bad qb and make him look great.
Haha, man....come on, you know better than this. Let me ask you a question....how many first round quarterbacks between 97-99 have rings? I won't argue he never had the numbers to make for a better pick than the 6th, but recall who went first that year for a QB? Pennington. Everyone with any sense knows that drafting QB's is a crapshoot.

And you're right, Weiss developed Brady well and implemented him into a good offense. But he surely wasn;t made by Weiss. If that was the case Bledsoe would have a few rings of his own. Before you can make a sculpture, you gotta have good clay.

But I don;t want to argue about brady being good or bad. I think his record in the NFL speaks enough for itself.

Just wanted to have some friendly chat about the great disparity in record prediction.

Ayuh
04-16-2006, 09:04 PM
I didn't predict their record so you would have to get one of them to replie which they haven't so they probably won't. I say we will win the East because we got Pepper, Capers, Mularky, and many other players not to mention the way we finished last year. NE I have no idea what their record will be but I predict behind us.
Thats a good point. I think with a healthy Pep starting the season you're damn tough to beat this year. Thats why I predicted the close finish between us.

But how goes it if Pep ain't ready till Nov? Or not at all this year?

G-Force
04-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Haha, man....come on, you know better than this. Let me ask you a question....how many first round quarterbacks between 97-99 have rings? I won't argue he never had the numbers to make for a better pick than the 6th, but recall who went first that year for a QB? Pennington. Everyone with any sense knows that drafting QB's is a crapshoot.

And you're right, Weiss developed Brady well and implemented him into a good offense. But he surely wasn;t made by Weiss. If that was the case Bledsoe would have a few rings of his own. Before you can make a sculpture, you gotta have good clay.

But I don;t want to argue about brady being good or bad. I think his record in the NFL speaks enough for itself.

Just wanted to have some friendly chat about the great disparity in record perdiction.After your coach said a player couldn't lose his starting job to injury he lied and left Brady in. You guys were getting you tales handed to you and Brady got hurt in the playoffs and Bledsoe came in and lit it up for 3 td's I beleive it was. He should have started because had brokeback Brady not cried injury you wouldn't have been there. Give Bledsoe his do because nobody ever mentions that. And back to the snowplow thing I have seen players try to clear a spot with their cleats and hands but never a snowplow brought on the feild. The onlyt reason the Pats was handed the SB was because of the tragic events and who better than the team named the Patriots to hand a SB to.

jclar569
04-16-2006, 09:09 PM

they wouldnt have enough for a first round bye

G-Force
04-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Thats a good point. I think with a healthy Pep starting the season you're damn tough to beat this year. Thats why I predicted the close finish between us.

But how goes it if Pep ain't ready till Nov? Or not at all this year?We run the ball alot and play great D. Thats what I would do anyway. We have Ronnie and maybe Ricky and Linehan was pass happy and underutilized the two last year during our losses especially. Mularky will run as he showed in Pitt and that is not mentioned nearly enough IMO. I think our running game should be our bread and butter Pepper or not. We picked up Beasley at FB and LJ Shelton who is known as a great rb tackle but not to good at run blocking. Then we signed a great pass blocking TE in Justin Peele. So from what we have done I think alot of people are focussing on the passing too much.

Mexican Buc
04-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Okay, a few points:

10-6 for the Colts? Even with out James, that's just awful for the Colts. 10-6 wouldn't even get you into the playoffs this year. Colts will do much better, especially in that division.

Skins 13-3? As usual they are very overrated. The Eagles will be bouncing back, the Giants are div champs, and the Boys have T.O.
Only 3 losses? No way....

Ayuh
04-16-2006, 09:23 PM
We run the ball alot and play great D. Thats what I would do anyway. We have Ronnie and maybe Ricky and Linehan was pass happy and underutilized the two last year during our losses especially. Mularky will run as he showed in Pitt and that is not mentioned nearly enough IMO. I think our running game should be our bread and butter Pepper or not. We picked up Beasley at FB and LJ Shelton who is known as a great rb tackle but not to good at run blocking. Then we signed a great pass blocking TE in Justin Peele. So from what we have done I think alot of people are focussing on the passing too much.

I think alot of people are buying into Pep being the key the team needs to get over the hump. And maybe he is; the QB play there has been pretty pathetic at times as of late. But Ricky is facing suspension and his contributions last year were pretty good. If he takes a year off (or more) and Pep has to ride pine, you have a couple of pretty big offensive holes to fill.

The ground game coupled with your defense may be just good enough to get the AFCE, but it won't make it to the AFC Championship game. But I am starting to think most Dolphin fans are just hoping for improvement and not setting sights on the Lombardi this year.

Bottom line though: With having similar schedules, similar coaching philosophies, and plenty of talent, and assuming Pep plays early and well....I don;t see the Fins walking easily into the division win. Not as spread as 12-4 and the next being 9-7

Ayuh
04-16-2006, 09:26 PM
And somewhat OT but still a prediction, but BTW.....did you guys collect on this-

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=105241&page=2&highlight=prediction

G-Force
04-16-2006, 09:29 PM
Okay, a few points:

10-6 for the Colts? Even with out James, that's just awful for the Colts. 10-6 wouldn't even get you into the playoffs this year. Colts will do much better, especially in that division.

Skins 13-3? As usual they are very overrated. The Eagles will be bouncing back, the Giants are div champs, and the Boys have T.O.
Only 3 losses? No way....I must agree with the Redskin and the NFC East it will be a tough division. The Colts however I disagree.Edge meant as much to that team as anyone. Look at his stats not only rushing but receiveing and the unseen stats like being one of the best blocking back in the NFL. He stayed in and blocked in singleback and was expected to pick up someone 1 on 1 which he never failed at. Protection will take a hit not to mention they went undefeated so long because they were running more than they ever have since Manning got there. Edge was more responsible for last year than any of them. He is a major lose in the biggest ways and they will see how stupid they are for letting him go. Running the ball wins Championships.

G-Force
04-16-2006, 09:34 PM
I think alot of people are buying into Pep being the key the team needs to get over the hump. And maybe he is; the QB play there has been pretty pathetic at times as of late. But Ricky is facing suspension and his contributions last year were pretty good. If he takes a year off (or more) and Pep has to ride pine, you have a couple of pretty big offensive holes to fill.

The ground game coupled with your defense may be just good enough to get the AFCE, but it won't make it to the AFC Championship game. But I am starting to think most Dolphin fans are just hoping for improvement and not setting sights on the Lombardi this year.

Bottom line though: With having similar schedules, similar coaching philosophies, and plenty of talent, and assuming Pep plays early and well....I don;t see the Fins walking easily into the division win. Not as spread as 12-4 and the next being 9-7Maybe but we will get someone if Ricky can't go. Who really knows but it is a great time to be a Dolphin. Our owner got us a coach and everything we have been wanting for a long time. The excitement is higher than ever and we have alot to be optimistic. Nobody has done anything close as far as coordinaters and players we have got this year and like you guys are losing key players and not really trying to replace them right now.

G-Force
04-16-2006, 09:39 PM
And somewhat OT but still a prediction, but BTW.....did you guys collect on this-

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=105241&page=2&highlight=predictionI didn't bet but thanks for reposting that thread. I was right and some of our fans are too pessimistic. We started running and I wish all these guys that think I'm full of it would go and read that thread. Thanks again.

Ayuh
04-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Maybe but we will get someone if Ricky can't go. Who really knows but it is a great time to be a Dolphin. Our owner got us a coach and everything we have been wanting for a long time. The excitement is higher than ever and we have alot to be optimistic. Nobody has done anything close as far as coordinaters and players we have got this year and like you guys are losing key players and not really trying to replace them right now.

I agree, we have had more of an exodus this offseason of high profile players than incoming. But big signings are not Belichick/Piolis way of doing things. And I assure you the "fans" are panicky.

I think we will have to settle for an average kicker at best. That will get decided in camp between them. There will be some releases during camp and thats usually when the Pats fill in gaps, which is when I suspect we will replace the opening left by Givens departure. Although the offense may see some tweaking this year with more action coming from Watson. And Willies having left will be compensated with the heavily stacked defensive backfield that has recently been pumped up. With hope Harrison will be back without having lost too many steps.

It's a trying time to see the departures. But as the saying goes up here, "In Bill we trust".

Ayuh
04-16-2006, 09:51 PM
I didn't bet but thanks for reposting that thread. I was right and some of our fans are too pessimistic. We started running and I wish all these guys that think I'm full of it would go and read that thread. Thanks again.

Haha, I was hoping to see Fins05:Newhope have to open his wallet and start buying those drinks he promised for the 9-7 finish.

I probably just made an enemy though!:lol:

G-Force
04-16-2006, 09:53 PM
I agree, we have had more of an exodus this offseason of high profile players than incoming. But big signings are not Belichick/Piolis way of doing things. And I assure you the "fans" are panicky.

I think we will have to settle for an average kicker at best. That will get decided in camp between them. There will be some releases during camp and thats usually when the Pats fill in gaps, which is when I suspect we will replace the opening left by Givens departure. Although the offense may see some tweaking this year with more action coming from Watson. And Willies having left will be compensated with the heavily stacked defensive backfield that has recently been pumped up. With hope Harrison will be back without having lost too many steps.

It's a trying time to see the departures. But as the saying goes up here, "In Bill we trust".Well I have to go. Nice talking to you even though you are a Pat.

G-Force
04-16-2006, 09:54 PM
Haha, I was hoping to see Fins05:Newhope have to open his wallet and start buying those drinks he promised for the 9-7 finish.

I probably just made an enemy though!:lol:I'll remind him next time.

Dolphins=LIFE
04-17-2006, 06:17 PM
I honestly don't think we enter the Playoffs as the #1 OR #2 seed in the AFC. The Colts are in a division VERY similar to us. The Chiefs or Broncos have a good shot at finishing a game or two better. The Steelers and Bengals may be a little down from what they did last year, but I get the feeling the Steelers are being EXTREMELY underrated.

The NFC is a little more balanced with decent to good teams that will beat each other up. No one really seems to stand out as the class of the Conference, and it looks like the #1 in the NFC would be around a #3 or 4 in the AFC (In my opinion).

I PRAY the Jets don't get Brady Quinn. That WOULD s.u.c.k.

canefan37
04-17-2006, 06:26 PM
i dont see how you think the jags are gonna be 7-9. the colts are gonna be garbage this year without james. i think the jags are gonna make a run for it this year

sportsobsessor
04-17-2006, 06:32 PM
i had them ranked #4 in the conference...4 plays the 6th seed
3rd seed plays 6th and 4th plays 5th

Csonkanator
04-17-2006, 06:48 PM
3rd seed plays 6th and 4th plays 5th

yeah my brains not working/wasn't working right....i need some sleep...work is killing me....

Csonkanator
04-17-2006, 07:18 PM
I appreciate everyone's opinions! But remember, i was bored and this is just the tip of the iceberg...I'll re-do it come training camp and then again before the season....I know not everyone agrees with it, but it's just how it seemed to play out with this feeble mind o' mine....Thanks again all you lovers/haters!

Shula Come Back!
04-17-2006, 07:23 PM
I do noy want to do a full prediction for '06 yet w/o draft, spring training, injury update, etc. We should all do one before Sept. 7. If I had to choose now I would say Superbowl XLI is Steelers vs. Panthers...I almost always favor the AFC, but it's hard to see John Fox go twice and lose. Anyway, this is just an early tease. As far the Dolphins, I'd say they make the second round of the playoffs, which would suit me just fine....as long as they win the whole thing the following year!!!

OneHondo
04-17-2006, 07:32 PM
I like doing predictions so I'm going to take a shot at mine. Take into account this also will include how I think teams will finish up FA and the draft.

AFC

EAST
Dolphins 12-4
Patriots 10-6 *
Bills 5-11
Jets 3-13

North
Steelers 11-5
Bengals 9-7
Browns 8-8
Ravens 5-11

South
Colts 11-5
Jaguars 9-7
Texans 6-10
Titans 6-10

West
Chiefs 12-4
Broncos 11-5 *
Chargers 7-9
Raiders 5-11

NFC

East
Redskins 10-6
Cowboys 10-6*
Giants 8-8
Eagles 7-9

North
Bears 9-7
Vikings 8-8
Packers 7-9
Lions 3-13

South
Panthers 12-4
Buccaneers 10-6*
Falcons 7-9
Saints 6-10

West
Seahawks 11-5
Rams 8-8
Cardinals 7-9
Niners 3-13
*=Wildcard teams

Playoffs
AFC Wild Card Round

1. 6 Patriots @ 3 Steelers >6 Patriots
2. 5 Broncos at 4 Colts >5 Broncos

Divisional Round

1. 6 Patriots at 1 Cheifs >1 Cheifs
2. 5 Broncos at 2 Dolphins >2 Dolphins

AFC Championship

1. 2 Dolphins @1 Cheifs > 1 Cheifs

NFC Wild Card Round

1. 6 Cowboys @ 3 Redskins > 3 Redskins
2. 5 Bucs @ 4 Bears > 5 Bucs

Divisional Round

1. Bucs at 1 Panthers > 1 Panthers
2. 3 Redskins at 2 Seahawks > Redskins

NFC Championship

1.3 Redskins @ 1 Panthers >1 Panthers

Superbowl

Panthers over Cheifs 27-21

Awards
MVP (offense) Larry Johnson
(defense) Jason Taylor
Rookie: Reggie Bush

I presume since you show the Dolphins playing at the Chiefs in the AFC championship game with identical 12-4 records and losing, you must be predicting the Chiefs winning at Miami November 12th? This would probably be the determining factor in putting the Chiefs at home in this game. Are you saying the Chiefs are that much better than the Dolphins, to beat them twice in one year including once in Miami?

dominizzo
04-18-2006, 02:57 AM
12-4 Isay 13-3

BwanaZulia
04-18-2006, 07:55 AM
Bold.

Not incredibly smart, but bold.

BZ