PDA

View Full Version : Saban hoping Young falls to 16

Se7eN
04-15-2006, 06:33 PM
dont know if this was posted already but i just saw it i doubt this will happen but heres the link

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-inceoungolphinstilln&prov=rotowire&type=lgns

T tes
04-15-2006, 06:35 PM
He hopes it will happen, but there are too many teams ahead of Miami that needs a quarterback.

Samphin
04-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Whats that screen of smoke around that story?

elite14eva
04-15-2006, 06:37 PM
he won't be there but i hope we get omar jacobs in the 3rd.

bmark549
04-15-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm not really sure why we'd draft a QB with the 16th pick overall for future trade value.

tylerdolphin
04-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Saban will have made a move that will haunt him for years if he does that. It cant be a smokescreen anyway, because who believes that? Not an NFL GM.

And why the hell would we pick him at 16 for trade value? We would spend a 1st on him and possibly get a 1st back later. No gain whatsoever. It isn't even a smokescreen, because I'm no GM and even I can tell the BS.

NickJr.
It's kind of smokey in here huh?

Se7eN
never said its happening just throwing it out there personally i'd rather not have young i'd rather draft defense

XXXSURTAINXXX
04-15-2006, 06:39 PM
he won't be there but i hope we get omar jacobs in the 3rd.

I am hoping and praying so aswell. However.....Alot of mock drafts got him gone in the 2nd round....and guess to who???? Minny...with what pick??? The one we gave them....I think Childress is just bytch enough to do that too.

elite14eva
04-15-2006, 06:42 PM
I am hoping and praying so aswell. However.....Alot of mock drafts got him gone in the 2nd round....and guess to who???? Minny...with what pick??? The one we gave them....I think Childress is just bytch enough to do that too.if we don't sign a fa qb we'll have to draft a qb hopefully he'll be there.

tylerdolphin
04-15-2006, 06:45 PM
if we don't sign a fa qb we'll have to draft a qb hopefully he'll be there. A 1st round back-up?
The room isnt even smokey, because what GM really believes that we will pick him? None.

elite14eva
04-15-2006, 06:48 PM
A 1st round back-up?
The room isnt even smokey, because what GM really believes that we will pick him? None.i was talking about jacobs.

PassRush
04-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Am I to believe that there is a possibility that we could spend four draft picks on the quarterback position?

true dol-fan
04-15-2006, 06:54 PM
any team that needs a QB will be looking at young as 1 of there choices we won't get him....he will go in the top 10 just cuz he has a little of everything

EBMisfit
04-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Am I to believe that there is a possibility that we could spend four draft picks on the quarterback position?
2- Culpepper
6- Lemon
?- draft (possibly)
What would be the fourth?

Regan21286
04-15-2006, 07:01 PM
I think this is just a smokescreen or something to boost Young's stock so that Saban can get the OL/LB/CB/S that he wants in the 1st round.

miamidolfan1354
04-15-2006, 07:02 PM
2- Culpepper
6- Lemon
?- draft (possibly)

maybe he's thinkin back to feeley

tylerdolphin
04-15-2006, 07:08 PM
I think this is just a smokescreen or something to boost Young's stock so that Saban can get the OL/LB/CB/S that he wants in the 1st round.
It isnt a smokescreen. In order for it to be a smokescreen, at least 1 person has to belive you.

SR 7
04-15-2006, 07:11 PM
He hopes it will happen, but there are too many teams ahead of Miami that needs a quarterback.

Saban isn't stupid he knows he wont last that long so i dono whats the meaning behind this. Prob tryin to have someon else drop to us who knows or maybe find a trade partner so someone can trade with us for more picks

fins5423
04-15-2006, 07:20 PM
no way Vince Young will drop to the 16th pick.
I think i would rather have Daunte Culpepper and Joey Harrington

nick1
04-15-2006, 07:22 PM
I really like Young but we won't get him, there's little chance he falls to us and if he does we trade the pick to a team that needs a QB maybe Dallas

dolfanrodney
04-15-2006, 07:22 PM
He will be gone in the top 10 so keep dreaming.

elite14eva
04-15-2006, 07:25 PM
we have to trade down to make up for the lost of our 2nd round pick.

HysterikiLL
04-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Saban will have made a move that will haunt him for years if he does that.

Do you know how stupid that sounds? There is a reason this guy is so highly touted in the draft -- because teams want him, and how exactly have all these pro scouts with years of knowledge behind their backs fail to see this magic 'bust' quality that you can see so clearly? How do you know Vince Young is going to be an awful QB? So you have more knowledge than all the NFL scouts AND you can see into the future?? So the question remains...why are you posting on this board...shouldn't you be a billionaire NFL Scout Jedi mind guru by now??

MooreNat89
04-15-2006, 07:30 PM
something is up with this Vince Young attraction by the Dolphins....if he somehow comes to us, I would love it. Results don't lie. A guy who plays his best game in the biggest game of his careers? I'll take that every day of the week...! Culpepper may be an option for two yrs and then we have the benefit of what the Chargers had w/ Brees and Rivers, before they blew it...

footballer
04-15-2006, 08:33 PM
A 1st round back-up?
The room isnt even smokey, because what GM really believes that we will pick him? None.

jason campbell...was a first round back-up.

PeterNorth
04-15-2006, 08:43 PM
2- Culpepper
6- Lemon
?- draft (possibly)

He probably meant if we ended up trading a pick for Harrington. If that does happen, the pick will likely be in '07, though, not this year.

tylerdolphin
04-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Do you know how stupid that sounds? There is a reason this guy is so highly touted in the draft -- because teams want him, and how exactly have all these pro scouts with years of knowledge behind their backs fail to see this magic 'bust' quality that you can see so clearly? How do you know Vince Young is going to be an awful QB? So you have more knowledge than all the NFL scouts AND you can see into the future?? So the question remains...why are you posting on this board...shouldn't you be a billionaire NFL Scout Jedi mind guru by now?? 1. No, I dont think he will be a very good pro. I dont have to be a scout to form an opinion, do I?

2. The main reason I think this could never happen is because we just got our franchise QB. Why draft another at 16? Draft a player that can impact our team this year. Young will never really impact the team because he will be stuck behind C-Pep. Do you really think we are in good enough shape to draft insurace in the first round? The only reason to draft him is for future trade value, and even that makes no sense. We will have invested a first into him and will probably only get a first out of him.
Not only that. We would also be paying the guy a LOT of money to sit around and watch our REAL QB throw TDs.

Its a Brees/Rivers situation waiting to happen

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-15-2006, 09:22 PM
Do you know how stupid that sounds? There is a reason this guy is so highly touted in the draft -- because teams want him, and how exactly have all these pro scouts with years of knowledge behind their backs fail to see this magic 'bust' quality that you can see so clearly? How do you know Vince Young is going to be an awful QB? So you have more knowledge than all the NFL scouts AND you can see into the future?? So the question remains...why are you posting on this board...shouldn't you be a billionaire NFL Scout Jedi mind guru by now??
i think pro scouts and GM's have proven over the years that they're not perfect with their rankings and what they see in prospects. they're quite imperfect in fact, considering there are bound to be at least 10 players in each draft that don't live up to their first round potential. in some drafts, you see as much as 15 players that were average at best throughout their career.

djfresh47
04-16-2006, 01:20 AM
I think there is a better chance that Cutler is available at 16 and not Young. I still think the NYJ trade up and take Leinart with the 2nd pick and Young ends up with the Titans. A Qb I would not mind taking in the 3rd rd would be Reggie McNeal and have him take snaps at wr much like Kordell did with Pitt. He ran in the 4.3's at the combine but was slowed due to injury most of his Senior year and played for a very dissapointing A&M team.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-16-2006, 01:26 AM
i bet tennessee takes cutler before young.

COMEBACKRICKY
04-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Ahh i wish and pray that the dolphins would get young. please stop with all the negative remarks about him. He would be an excellent back up for years to come and for the start of this season as well. He would be a high-value pick if he does fall to us. I think half of you guys that are saying you wouldnt take him are just saying that because he probally wont fall to 16, but if he does yall would be first in line to pick up such an amazing player. Please stop with all this bs, if you had half a brain you would draft this guy with the 16th pick. There is a million things i could list about this guy but im done talking about him.

As for REggie mcneal i do belive that we should give him a shot, but only if he drops to the 4th round. Or jacobs considering he drops to the 3rd. I belive its imperative that we draft a great back up qb because cpep is coming back from that horrible knee injury. i wish him the best of luck and i hope that he is a starter here for 5 years and goes to the probowl all 5 years, but we have to have insurance.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-16-2006, 11:26 AM
i don't want young at 16 because if we're going to draft a receiver, we should take a polished one.

Geforce
04-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Reggie McNeal wants to play QB before attempting to play another position. Which is why he'll probably end up in the Arena or Canandian Football League. Of course he could change his mind if the money is right.

COMEBACKRICKY
04-16-2006, 03:18 PM
i don't want young at 16 because if we're going to draft a receiver, we should take a polished one.

so your saying he cant throw the ball.....

Young is 183-of-296 (62%) for 2,769 (15 yards a pop) yards with 26 TDs and 10 INTs. He also has 136 carries for 872 yards and 9 TDs.

Leinart is 254-of-391 (65%) for 3,468 yards (about 14 yards a throw if you round up) with 27 TDs and 7 INTs. -- keep in mind how much more talent he was surronded with.

I guess leinart should find another postion too....

COMEBACKRICKY
04-16-2006, 03:19 PM
stats arent evreything, but you guys make it seem like vince cant throw for shi!t.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-16-2006, 03:34 PM
he could because he was in an offense that pretty much any QB worth a grain of salt would succeed in on a team with that much talent.

unifiedtheory
04-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Quit telling the truth!

When discussing Vince Young you cannot talk about the fact that he is:
Dumb as a bag of hammers
Played in an option offense that is nothing like anything he will play in at the next level.
Can't throw the ball down the field.
Does'nt take snap from center
Has rumours of being tough to coach attached to him.
Is a one read, run for your life Q.B....a style that never has and never will work in the NFL.
Has conducted himself horribly in the offseason.You CAN say:
He is the greatest Q.B. to enter the NFL in the history of Q.B.'s entering the NFL.

Jaj
04-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Well the point is that he's great trade-bait at draft time. Not later on once he doesn't get playing time with Daunte here. A team with an older quarterback that can take a risk in the 20s may be interested. Washington would have been a candidate but they drafted Campbell last year. Offcourse Saban may be simply playing with the Vikings again. The Jets and the Broncos are both possibilities to a trade.

tylerdolphin
04-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Quit telling the truth!

When discussing Vince Young you cannot talk about the fact that he is:
Dumb as a bag of hammers
Played in an option offense that is nothing like anything he will play in at the next level.
Can't throw the ball down the field.
Does'nt take snap from center
Has rumours of being tough to coach attached to him.
Is a one read, run for your life Q.B....a style that never has and never will work in the NFL.
Has conducted himself horribly in the offseason.You CAN say:
He is the greatest Q.B. to enter the NFL in the history of Q.B.'s entering the NFL.
Better watch out. When I posted my opinion I got flamed about not being a scout.

unifiedtheory
04-16-2006, 05:53 PM
Better watch out. When I posted my opinion I got flamed about not being a scout.

I don't care if I get flamed...happens all the time.

It is my opinion, if someone does'nt like it they can ignore me or comment objectively.

I think Vince Young is the most overrated Q.B. prospect since Ron Mexico but again, it is just my opinion.

MiamiDolphins34
04-16-2006, 06:46 PM
I am hoping and praying so aswell. However.....Alot of mock drafts got him gone in the 2nd round....and guess to who???? Minny...with what pick??? The one we gave them....I think Childress is just bytch enough to do that too.

I guess childress prefers Young or cutler over Jacobs the problem is the biatch childress wouldnt give up a 2nd to get Cutler or Young if they fell til the 16 to ensure they get 1 of them because they know we dont need a qb now.But we will see.Itd be sweet to get the 2nd back we could get a pretty good player in the 2nd.

neuce
04-17-2006, 12:58 PM
unifiedtheory (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?u=5545) Couldn't agree more with your breakdown of Vince Young. He was a very good COLLEGE QB, which does not and will not translate into a good starting NFL QB.

Motion
04-17-2006, 01:02 PM
I don't care if I get flamed...happens all the time.

It is my opinion, if someone does'nt like it they can ignore me or comment objectively.

I think Vince Young is the most overrated Q.B. prospect since Ron Mexico but again, it is just my opinion.

:yes: I agree

Motion
04-17-2006, 01:04 PM
He will be gone in the top 10 so keep dreaming.

Thats not a dream. Its a nightmare. :wink:

Motion
04-17-2006, 01:05 PM

Why can't you respect others' opinions?

dominizzo
04-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Wont happen imo