PDA

View Full Version : Buy your "Daunte's Inferno" Shirts here!

SkapePhin
04-15-2006, 10:58 PM
I will be adding more dolphin related graphic shirts on here soon.. Keep an eye out..

https://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=29694

lazareth
04-15-2006, 11:05 PM
did you have to get permission to use the fins logo?

dolphinfan2k5
04-15-2006, 11:16 PM
Yeah, that's illegal without permission, I've tried.

SkapePhin
04-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Yeah, that's illegal without permission, I've tried.

I dont know, when you submit on that site, the only logos they state you cannot have likeness of are like 10 of them, such as the playboy logo, etc..

Its only half the logo.. Buy them while you can, if there is an issue, Ill just get rid of the dolphin, and keep the ring.

dolphinfan2k5
04-15-2006, 11:55 PM
I dont know, when you submit on that site, the only logos they state you cannot have likeness of are like 10 of them, such as the playboy logo, etc..

Its only half the logo.. Buy them while you can, if there is an issue, Ill just get rid of the dolphin, and keep the ring.

Yeah you can't have any of the logo or daunte on there. Sorry.

SkapePhin
04-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah you can't have any of the logo or daunte on there. Sorry.

Check their site... They make no mention of it.. The only thing they mention is like 10 logos. If Chuck Norris Facts can use Chuck Norris' likeness allover, I dont wee why Daunte Culpepper would be off limits.

dolphinfan2k5
04-16-2006, 12:23 AM
Check their site... They make no mention of it.. The only thing they mention is like 10 logos. If Chuck Norris Facts can use Chuck Norris' likeness allover, I dont wee why Daunte Culpepper would be off limits.

I did some research on this when I was going to make some Dolphins t-shirts. I figured out that it was illegal from an official US Government site but I couldn't find that again. so...

Trademark
What is a Trademark?
A trademark is a word, name, symbol or other device that identifies the goods or services of a given person or company and distinguishes them from the goods or services of other persons or companies. Trademark law prevents you from using another's trademark (such as the name of a musical group or artist) on your merchandise, because such use will cause consumers to believe that the trademark owner has made, approved of, or endorsed your merchandise. In short, a trademark is someone's name/brand. For example, CafePress.com® is a registered trademark.
What is a Service Mark?
Any word, name, symbol, or device or any combination thereof adopted and used by a manufacturer or merchant to identify and distinguish their services from those manufactured or sold by others and to indicate the source of the services. For instance, "What's your passion" is a Service Mark of CafePress.com.

SkapePhin
04-16-2006, 12:23 AM
I did some research on this when I was going to make some Dolphins t-shirts. I figured out that it was illegal from an official US Government site but I couldn't find that again. so...

Ya, but this isnt CafePress..

dolphinfan2k5
04-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Ya, but this isnt CafePress..

It doesn't matter, its U.S. law.

SkapePhin
04-16-2006, 12:33 AM
It doesn't matter, its U.S. law.

But Daunte Culpepper isnt a trademark.. And the logo is manipulated enough as to not be a full logo.. Ive searched the through the FAQ on the site and they have stated nothing.. The most that would be done is have the links removed.. If the order comes through and is shipped, nothing can happen to you as far as I know..

ABrownLamp
04-16-2006, 12:37 AM
Bro, no one will care. You think the Phins will come after you? The worst that will happen is a letter from the organization saying remove the shirt. Not like they will press charges...come on

dolphinfan2k5
04-16-2006, 12:50 AM
Yeah, I'm not trying to say they will care. I tryed it and got it taken down. Just giving you a heads up.

It says this on CafePress aswell:

NO IMAGES OR LIKENESS OF FAMOUS PEOPLE: E.g., photos of Pamela Anderson, Britney Spears, Brad Pitt, Michael Jordan, Homer Simpson etc.

Muck
04-16-2006, 01:30 AM
Yeah, it doesn't matter what the host says. It's US law that counts.

It may not rank high on their list of things to do, but the team will have it removed if they see it. You're profiting from something that's a registered trademark of theirs. We've been lectured by the team and the NFL on this kind of matter.

Love the Peninsula Envy shirt. :lol:

SkapePhin
04-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Yeah, it doesn't matter what the host says. It's US law that counts.

It may not rank high on their list of things to do, but the team will have it removed if they see it. You're profiting from something that's a registered trademark of theirs. We've been lectured by the team and the NFL on this kind of matter.

Love the Peninsula Envy shirt. :lol:

:(

Well, I guess I should take it down.. But since youve got the word from the team itself, If I were to make a dolphin-themed shirt, is there ANYTHING I can use? I couldnt even use a CARTOON of Saban?

Muck
04-16-2006, 11:40 AM
:(

Well, I guess I should take it down.. But since youve got the word from the team itself, If I were to make a dolphin-themed shirt, is there ANYTHING I can use? I couldnt even use a CARTOON of Saban?

I can't claim to be the 100% authority on the matter. But I think it would depend on how much the cartoon looks like Saban. Again, I believe his LIKENESS would subject to the rules.

Buddwalk
04-16-2006, 11:51 AM
damn took it down before I could grab one :mad:

Skape want to send one to my house for a fee :dday:

SkapePhin
04-16-2006, 12:21 PM
damn took it down before I could grab one :mad:

Skape want to send one to my house for a fee :dday:

I can put it up real quick for you again if you want... What kind of shirt do you want? Ill even set it to the lowest price, no commission.

SkapePhin
04-16-2006, 12:23 PM
I can't claim to be the 100% authority on the matter. But I think it would depend on how much the cartoon looks like Saban. Again, I believe his LIKENESS would subject to the rules.

Ok, I was thinking about putting up the Saint Nick or Lord Saban Vector toons I made..

Buddwalk
04-16-2006, 01:22 PM
I can put it up real quick for you again if you want... What kind of shirt do you want? Ill even set it to the lowest price, no commission.

Gimmie til tomorrow k...cause right now have all this easter crap planned...I'll order one tomorrow when I have fresh money in my wallet :D :D :D

TerryTate
04-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Skape, you're committing two strikes by selling shirts like this....

1) Daunte is on your shirt. If he isn't getting a cut of your profits, then he can come after you. (Not saying he will, but I wouldn't open up that chance.) This is why you don't see a variety of shirts with athletes on them that aren't officially licensed.

2) The Logo is on your shirt. Unless you have permission from the Dolphins, it simply is illegal.

Both are likeness and trademark violations of US Law, as stated above. I have taken classes on this issue. If I were you, I would keep these off the net.

TheAnswer385
04-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Sell Pencils for $15 and then toss in your nice Tee shirts for free!!!

SkapePhin
04-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Skape, you're committing two strikes by selling shirts like this....

1) Daunte is on your shirt. If he isn't getting a cut of your profits, then he can come after you. (Not saying he will, but I wouldn't open up that chance.) This is why you don't see a variety of shirts with athletes on them that aren't officially licensed.

2) The Logo is on your shirt. Unless you have permission from the Dolphins, it simply is illegal.

Both are likeness and trademark violations of US Law, as stated above. I have taken classes on this issue. If I were you, I would keep these off the net.

The thing about selling someone's likeness.. When does it become public domain? For instance, using images of Presidents, Cult Figures etc. Like I said, there is an entire site (www.chucknorrisfacts.com) selling tees with Norris' face allover.. Im not sure if Chuck is getting some of that profit or not, but what about ones with President Bush? I doubt he sees a profit from the litany of anti-bush shirts out there..

Agent51
04-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Sell Pencils for $15 and then toss in your nice Tee shirts for free!!!

My friend usesd to do that on eBay all the time. He'd sell "pens" in his auctions and anyone who won also got "free" copies of WWF and WCW pay-per views, lol. What a loophole THAT is.

TerryTate
04-16-2006, 06:36 PM
The thing about selling someone's likeness.. When does it become public domain? For instance, using images of Presidents, Cult Figures etc. Like I said, there is an entire site (www.chucknorrisfacts.com) selling tees with Norris' face allover.. Im not sure if Chuck is getting some of that profit or not, but what about ones with President Bush? I doubt he sees a profit from the litany of anti-bush shirts out there..

The likeness/trademarkusually takes about 50 or 75 years after the person/immediate family has died before it enters public domain.(you'll have to check on the year total).

An example of a likeness/trademark up in the air recently was Mickey Mouse. Walt Disney and his immediate family have been dead for years, and the Disney company was trying for years to keep the logo from entering public domain. It's worked so far.

Political figures apply differently to the rule. I don't remember why exactly.

I am not familiar with what Chuck Norris is doing about this recent cult phenomenon, so I can't comment on that.