PDA

View Full Version : Amateur Football

PhinfanUK
04-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Hey guys living Stateside as well as in Europe, I play Football in Britain (Wales to be precise) and thought it'd be cool for other guys to post information about the teams you play for (I'm sure plenty of you play on the weekends).

Anyone wanna share stuff about their team?

COMEBACKRICKY
04-16-2006, 03:33 PM
like soccer football or our football. i just kinda both play with my freinds, nothing organized. its fun when we have like 20 people and knocking each other around. it gets pretty serious, weve had multiple injures and i think i got a conussion when i talked some dude and he ended up landing on my head.

PhinfanUK
04-16-2006, 03:39 PM
LMAO nah, gridiron football. Never had the coordination for Soccer.

Come on guys, there's got to be a ton of you on Finheaven.

Any college or high school players on tonight?

Nappy Roots
04-16-2006, 04:05 PM
i played highschool football. 2 years ago.

Dolfan984
04-16-2006, 04:10 PM
I played 3 years of High School ball and am now in my second year playing for a semi pro team out here. I'm sunburnt from yesterday's game, but yeah my team atm has the last seed for the conference for the playoffs :) Pretty stoked about that.

Agent51
04-16-2006, 04:39 PM
LMAO nah, gridiron football. Never had the coordination for Soccer.

Come on guys, there's got to be a ton of you on Finheaven.

Any college or high school players on tonight?

FORMER High school player, got a scholarship to play HB for San Diego State University but turned it down to move to Hawai'i. Thought about playing for the Warriors (University of Hawai'i) but started making crazy money bartending at a club and just kinda forgot about school, lol. I have p[layed in a few adult leagues since high school, IDK, TECHNICALLY they are considered semi-pro, but some of the guys are worse than high school freshman so IDK if that is a fitting name, lol. I don't know if I'm playing this year or not because IDK when/if I'm going back to Cali for the summer, so I don't know if I'd be playing for a team here or there.

I played SS and HB in Pop Warner and up until sophmore year in high school, then I was just a HB because coach wanted me to focus just on that. I still went in for S or CB sometimes when needed, but I didn't play every down on both sides of the ball like I had until that point.

What's everyone's jersey number? Any players know how important their number is, lol, it's like a good luck charm or a comfort thing or whatever. Mine is 21, has been since day one of my football career. In fact, I've had 21 as my jersey number for every single year of every single sport I have ever played, except for my very first year of baseball when I was number 7 (because they didn't have 21 numbers, lol), and my only year of soccer when I was number 13 (for Dan Marino, lol). I played baseball up until sophmore year in high school, same thing with hockey, played little league all the way up until high school, then stopped sophmore year to REALLY focus on football. I never played basketball and I played one year of soccer when I was in like 3rd grade, and I hated it.

Buddwalk
04-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Played 3 years...6th, 7th, and 8th grade was pretty good for the competition I was played :chuckle:

But I play bball :yes:

PhinfanUK
04-17-2006, 05:12 AM
I played 3 years of High School ball and am now in my second year playing for a semi pro team out here. I'm sunburnt from yesterday's game, but yeah my team atm has the last seed for the conference for the playoffs :) Pretty stoked about that.

That's awesome, has your team got a web address or anything?
I'm playing for the South Wales Warriors this season, we're hoping to win our league so we can get promoted to Division 1.

Our web address is www.southwaleswarriors.co.uk (http://www.southwaleswarriors.co.uk) if anyone is interested

And my number was always 21 too, but this season I'm playing Linebacker so I've had to switch to 40 for some reason (it was the coolest number available)

Dors156
04-17-2006, 10:47 AM
i played football in middle school but for high school i play lacrosse

GRAPEAPE
04-17-2006, 10:57 AM
I play Madden from time to time, when i was in middleschool I play Supertechmobowl. My favorite team was the raiders, Bo Jackson was awesome in that game.