PDA

View Full Version : I need some computer Help

Jt0323
04-17-2006, 01:51 AM
Ok here is my problem... I had a program called PhotoImpression 4 that came with my pc. its the program i currently use to edit photos and all that stuff. Now my brother deleted it off my hard drive for some reason, now i cant seem to get it back. I download another one but its only a 16 day free trial. Anyone know if their is anyway for me getting that back? thanks for the help
-Jt

Roman529
04-17-2006, 02:05 AM
Damn that sucks that he deleted it....do you have a system restore button that lets you go back to restore your system to an earlier date? I have this on my Dell laptop. If not you may have to run the original system discs that came with your computer to restore it to the way it was. DONT let your bro touch your computer anymore. :wink:

Maynard the Hammer
04-17-2006, 02:10 AM
torrent

King Felix
04-17-2006, 02:27 AM
Damn that sucks that he deleted it....do you have a system restore button that lets you go back to restore your system to an earlier date? I have this on my Dell laptop. If not you may have to run the original system discs that came with your computer to restore it to the way it was. DONT let your bro touch your computer anymore. :wink:how do u do that cuz my computer has a trojan that norton antivirus cant delete and this computer really sucks its super slow plus im on dial up so its even slower.

Roman529
04-17-2006, 02:49 AM
how do u do that cuz my computer has a trojan that norton antivirus cant delete and this computer really sucks its super slow plus im on dial up so its even slower.

As far as restoring it to the way it was when it came out of the box...it depends what type of computer you have...some newer computers have a system restore program.....the only problem is that it may wipe out any new programs that you may have added to your computer. If you have a trojan virus that your Norton antivirus can't delete there is probably no way to get rid of this by using your program disks. Norton mainly justs isolates the virus but doesn't always get rid of it. I think the best answer would be to take it to a Best Buy to see if they can wipe it off your hard drive....your computer also might be slowing down from spyware....I would call Best Buy, tell them the problem and see if they can fix it.

Jt0323
04-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Damn that sucks that he deleted it....do you have a system restore button that lets you go back to restore your system to an earlier date? I have this on my Dell laptop. If not you may have to run the original system discs that came with your computer to restore it to the way it was. DONT let your bro touch your computer anymore. :wink:
thanks for the help! i used to have this thing called back that i dont think i have anymore, ill go look for it, and ill see if i have the original system dics, but if u restore my computer will anything get erased? like all my files?

Roman529
04-17-2006, 03:39 PM
thanks for the help! i used to have this thing called back that i dont think i have anymore, ill go look for it, and ill see if i have the original system dics, but if u restore my computer will anything get erased? like all my files?

Usually the system restore disks won't erase any files, but I would always backup any files or programs that you can't afford to lose on a floppy or rewrittable disk. If you are not totally sure I would call a techie at a Best Buy or Nerd Patrol and ask first. I don't have anything on my computer that would really upset me if I accidently lost it except some pictures of family and my dogs and stuff that I have saved...but I burned these to a disc in case my computer totally crashes.

Mindwarp
04-17-2006, 03:47 PM
if you have winxp you should have this option.
now if it's on or off is totaly something diffrent.

Buddwalk
04-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Ok here is my problem... I had a program called PhotoImpression 4 that came with my pc. its the program i currently use to edit photos and all that stuff. Now my brother deleted it off my hard drive for some reason, now i cant seem to get it back. I download another one but its only a 16 day free trial. Anyone know if their is anyway for me getting that back? thanks for the help
-Jt

I actually have photoimpression 5 on my computer and I dont use it I can send you it on aim or gmail if you'd like man

Jt0323
04-17-2006, 04:24 PM
That would be great budd!

Buddwalk
04-17-2006, 04:25 PM
That would be great budd!

which ever one you prefer man :) just tell me now I can do aim or gmail

Buddwalk
04-17-2006, 05:53 PM
Hope you like your new graphics program...better then photoimpression too :wink: :wink: :wink:

Jt0323
04-17-2006, 05:54 PM
yep! thanks!!

FinFan72
04-17-2006, 06:01 PM
i have had to restore my system many times and you usually dont lose any files

Jt0323
04-17-2006, 06:08 PM
ok, in order to restore my pc i need the disc right? or is their a way of doing it w/o it

Jt0323
04-17-2006, 06:09 PM
if you have winxp you should have this option.
now if it's on or off is totaly something diffrent.
yeah i got winxp. do u know were i can find this option? thanks!

FinFan72
04-17-2006, 06:37 PM
alright on my pc there is "classic start menu" and "start menu"
i am using the regular start menu
Click All Programs then scroll over to Accessories then scroll over to sytem tools and at the bottom of that one it should say System restore
Click that and just choose the date you would like to go back to

FinFan72
04-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Did you try it?

Jt0323
04-18-2006, 09:10 PM
im goona try it now! thanks for the help...hope it works, ill let u know

Jt0323
04-18-2006, 09:53 PM
it still not thier for some reason it says
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Jt0323
04-18-2006, 10:09 PM
ill try again. not looking good so far

Jt0323
04-18-2006, 11:59 PM
dose anyone know what http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif means?

Rocky Raccoon
04-19-2006, 12:10 AM
dose anyone know what http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/444/cantopen1ge.png means?
means it cannot open the component file...whatever that means

FinFan72
04-19-2006, 01:19 PM
means it cannot open the component file...whatever that means
:lol: