PDA

View Full Version : New NFLDraftCountdown Mock

WelcomeBack
04-17-2006, 03:54 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

They have us taking Santonio Holmes and Brodie Croyle. Thoughts?

NorFlaFin
04-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Logical if not exciting.....It appears both palyer were the best option left on the board at their position.

I really wonder whats Saban grade on Croyle.

arsenal
04-17-2006, 08:17 AM
i just dont see us drafting a QB unless its like a 7th round flyer...

saban is hoping to get a backup with experience for the number 2 seat, and we gave up a draft pick for lemon, i doubt we cut him so we can add another inexperienced guy to the roster... i dont see us drafting a QB, unless we cant get an experienced backup somehow, but i doubt that...

Jimmy James
04-17-2006, 08:19 AM
I think Croyle could come in and at least do as well as whatshisname up in Chicago did. It makes sense to me if he's there for Miami in the 3rd.

RonnieB23
04-17-2006, 08:51 AM
I think Croyle could come in and at least do as well as whatshisname up in Chicago did. It makes sense to me if he's there for Miami in the 3rd.

Maybe, but i wish we'll never have to find out.

Todd347347
04-17-2006, 09:27 AM
2 small guys for their positions.... I think not in a big way...

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-17-2006, 09:36 AM
looks like jason allen and charlie whitehurst to me...

FINFAN_4_EVER
04-17-2006, 09:37 AM
i like santonio and brodie but i think we could do better than that

im thinking ernie sims if we dont get LA or dont whitner/jimmy williams/tye hill/cromartie if we do get LA

then in the third round i like derek hagan or devin aromashodu

my sig is also a possibility that i like

Link
04-17-2006, 10:29 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

They have us taking Santonio Holmes and Brodie Croyle. Thoughts?

I like Santonio Holmes, but I would prefer if we got Omar Jacobs in the third or fourth instead of Croyle.

Dors156
04-17-2006, 10:31 AM
if i want a QB id take omar jacobs but if hes gone then id take charlie whitehurst.why would we want croyle iff hes had pat injuries and we are trying to have a QB with no injury problem

Finfan14
04-17-2006, 10:55 AM
If Jonathan Scott is there in the third there will be no debate. Saban will be all over him.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-17-2006, 10:59 AM
If Jonathan Scott is there in the third there will be no debate. Saban will be all over him.
i sincerely doubt that.

DolphinDevil28
04-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Santonio baby!! :mdfin:

You guys realize how good he would be for us??

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-17-2006, 11:14 AM
i'm starting to think holmes would be a much better fit than jackson...

DolphinDevil28
04-17-2006, 11:26 AM
i'm starting to think holmes would be a much better fit than jackson...

I would have agreed with you if you said that two months ago.

I like Chad Jackson. He's got great long-term potential. But Santonio Holmes is the best route-runner to come out as a 1st round prospect in a while. He's a vertical threat, but most vertical threats don't get in and out of their cuts as fast as Santonio Holmes does.

I can't think of a player who would complement Chris Chambers and Marty Booker better. And our offense runs a lot of 3 wide sets. He'd play a lot from day 1.

kpcane
04-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Wow...and I was called a homer for saying we should take Hester in the 4th, and here he is in this mock, not even close to falling to our 3rd round pick.

kpcane
04-17-2006, 11:31 AM
I also agree we'd take Scott in the 3rd. I think we'd go defense with the first pick though.

Bucknasty
04-17-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm also starting to like Santonio more than Jackson (although I wouldn't mind either). I think he will be able to contribute right away. He just seems like he will be solid for a long time in the league like a McCardell type. As opposed to Jackson who could be great or could be one of those guys that never gets it together. That was probably Denver's thinking when they traded up. If Phily and Denver take those two then the talent drops off significantly after that.

Miamifin23
04-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah I'm not too excited about Holmes in the 1st. I think he'll be a good player in the NFL and thats not the problem, my problem is...
1. We are very weak at both safety spots and we could use a guy like Whitner or Allen to fill that spot.
2. If Wimbley falls to our spot, we have to strongly consider him.
3. I would much rather see us trade out of 16 to move down somewhere in the mid 20's and pick up some extra picks and maybe draft a Jimmy Williams, Jason Allen, or Donte Whitner if they were to fall to that pick.

Bucknasty
04-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Ideal situation would be to trade down and pick up a second or third and still get a LB like Carpenter or Lawson. IMO they are very underrated because they played beside AJ Hawk and Mario Williams. I know,I know this will be next to impossible unless Ngata, Bunkley ,Huff ,Justice or Young fall to us at 16 , and in that case why not just take one of them. There are some very good LB that look to be avail. in the 3rd. If both Holmes and Jackson are gone and nobody big drops I think the only thing to do is draft BDBA and fill the other needs later in the draft.

phinfan_1
04-17-2006, 01:14 PM
I'd hope we don't take Croyle in the 3rd I'd be very disapointed being all the holes we need to fill. Not high on Croyle, reminds me of the Detmer's.
If we take Holmes in the 1st according to this mock I'd rather have Chris Gocong or Jeremy Trueblood or Alan Zemaitis or Victor Adeyanju in the 3rd rather than Croyle.
If we don't take a reciever in the 1st I'd like Greg Jennings WR in the 3rd.

Phins28
04-17-2006, 01:15 PM
I like the Santonio pick, but I think Saban could go defense in the middle rounds.